Star Wars Episode VII & Beyond On-going Discussion (Disney+ adding 10 NEW STAR WARS SERIES)

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
These internets

414812913_756624313172638_4723108609262051676_n.jpg

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Man, If that's the shit about this new Rey film I thought they were trolling on, :lol: I remember during the writer's strike I thought they had enough sense to scrap it, but no. Disney 2020s hates money but hates fans even more.

Oh well, star wars been dead to me, they been kicking the corpse, and at this point they making sure the product is untouchable until the 2040s.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man, If that's the shit about this new Rey film I thought they were trolling on, :lol: I remember during the writer's strike I thought they had enough sense to scrap it, but no. Disney 2020s hates money but hates fans even more.

Oh well, star wars been dead to me, they been kicking the corpse, and at this point they making sure the product is untouchable until the 2040s.

I posted that just for you.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘Star Wars’ Announces New Movie ‘The Mandalorian & Grogu’ From Director Jon Favreau

“The Mandalorian & Grogu” is the first “Star Wars” movie in the works (with momentum, anyway) since 2019’s “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” which grossed $1 billion globally and served as the grand conclusion to the original nine-chapter saga. New installments in the space opera series, from director Patty Jenkins and “Marvel” producer Kevin Feige, were announced but never came to fruition. In the time since, “Star Wars” has launched three other interconnected TV shows, “The Book of Boba Fett,” “Ahsoka” and “Skeleton Crew.”

By Rebecca Rubin
January 9, 2024

960x0.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

No, Rey's Star Wars Movie Hasn't Been Delayed​

Rumors about Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's Daisy Ridley-starring Star Wars movie are inaccurate.​

By
Germain Lussier

Daisy Ridley is returning as Rey no matter what you may hear.

Daisy Ridley is returning as Rey no matter what you may hear.Image: Lucasfilm

You can take that latest Star Wars rumor and throw it in the sarlacc pit. Earlier this week, rumors surfaced that the upcoming Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Star Wars film featuring the return of Daisy Ridley as Rey had been delayed indefinitely. The reason? Creative differences with the film’s writer, Steven Knight.

Well, that’s not true, according to Lucasfilm. A source at the company told io9 the report is inaccurate and Knight continues to write and be a part of the process. In fact, the company is waiting on his latest draft as you read this.

Now, you can certainly understand the confusion. Last week’s announcement of the previously unannounced The Mandalorian & Grogu as the next Star Wars movie threw a wrench in everyone’s assumptions that the Rey New Jedi Order film would be the next one out. However, that news merely shifted things around and, as has been demonstrated with this film and its numerous writers over the past few years, the company seems to just want to take its time and make sure it gets everything right.

But, for reasons we can only guess at, this movie in particular has drawn the dark side out of certain pockets of Star Wars fandom. From inaccurate plot summaries to quotes from the film’s director being taken out of context, some Star Wars fans are simply up in arms about a Star Wars film about a woman being directed by a woman. But no matter what people want to believe about this movie, it’s still doing just fine.

Now, to be fair, can anyone say with 100% certainty that it’s coming out? Of course not. This is Star Wars and if the last 10 years have taught us anything, it’s that until cameras start rolling (and, sometimes, not even then), not everything that’s announced ends up happening. But, right now, at this moment, this particular film has not been delayed, despite what you may have heard in other pockets of the internet.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Carl Weathers Passes Away

Carl Weathers Passes Away​

The legendary Rocky, Predator, and The Mandalorian actor/director was 76.​

If he only played Apollo Creed, that would be enough to make Carl Weathers immortal for generations of moviegoers. But he gave us so much more, including the essential Greef Karga in The Mandalorian.

Weathers, forever a member of the Lucasfilm family, died Thursday. He was 76.

Born January 14, 1948, Weathers first played linebacker in the NFL, signing with the Oakland Raiders. He then turned to acting and, in a career that spanned over 50 years, appeared in several classic films and series of various genres. He portrayed the iconic boxer Apollo Creed, heavyweight champion, in the first four Rocky films; over the course of the series, he would evolve from Rocky’s rival to best friend and trainer, creating a beloved character that would spawn the spinoff Creed trilogy. Weathers also starred in 1987’s Predator, 1988’s Action Jackson, and made a memorable comedic turn in 1996’s Happy Gilmore opposite Adam Sandler.

With the launch of The Mandalorian on Disney+, Weathers joined the galaxy far, far away as Greef Karga — an expeditor for the Bounty Hunter Guild who rises to become Magistrate of Nevarro, and ally to the Mandalorian and Grogu. He would receive an Emmy Award nomination for his efforts. In addition, Weathers stepped into the director’s chair for the critically-acclaimed episodes “Chapter 12: The Siege” and "Chapter 20: The Foundling."

“I am heartbroken by this devastating loss," says Jon Favreau, creator of The Mandalorian. "He was a hero from my childhood who I was lucky enough to meet and then had the amazing good fortune to work with. He had the energy and curiosity of a young man paired with the wisdom that his rich life and career afforded him. My heart goes out to his family and countless admirers."
We’ll miss you, Carl. Be peace.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Donald Glover says he's making the #Lando movie because he likes the characters, his kids love Star Wars, and he gets creative control

"I just know when something’s going to be good ... And maybe you get painted as a control freak, but ... control allows for the vision to be singular ... The less it’s singular, the less people want it because they feel like they could’ve made it"

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Star Wars Confirms Grogu's Role In Resurrecting Palpatine

The Bad Batch has confirmed the role Grogu will play in the resurrection of Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars, as previously teased in The Mandalorian. Despite Moff Gideon's death, the Imperial Remnant will continue to pursue Grogu for his blood in their desperate efforts to resurrect Palpatine.

BY MOLLY BRIZZELL
February 23, 2024

palpatine-grogu.jpg