Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Honestly, episode was a little meh. Last weeks was more entertaining to me.

I liked Dawson's take on Ahsoka and seeing Michael Beihn was cool, but this episode was a little boring. Especially with it being one of the longest running episodes of the Mandalorian so far.

Liked learning the Child's name and was surprised to hear Thrawn's name dropped. I'm wondering if the next Jedi they meet up with is Mace Windu or a younger Skywalker.

So far the third episode followed by the fourth have been the highlights for me this season. This episode, although it answered some questions and had one of the best characters appear, was slightly better than the one with the Frog Lady and ice spiders.

Also, hated how dark this episode appeared. I know it's to hide special effects and all but It could have been a little more brighter.

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'm not gonna shit on your opinion that the ep was boring...so far this season Mandalorian has dragged to me in the first couple of eps. The whole stranger walks into town and sets things right thing was/is getting monotonous BUT this ep at least got into the main story of whats going with Grogu (baby yoda) and get used to the name cuz it separates him from the unconscious expectation he'll be like yoda and that's a good thing.

also the ep had Dan Inosanto's daughter in it...who's Dan Inosanto? Bruce Lee best friend and Jeet Kun Do school partner and Diana is Bruce's goddaughter.

02a7ead2e9a015d581ce07fd6fc67e67.jpg

she has a fairly extensive acting career too:

Moonlighting (1986–87) (Actress - 7 episodes)
Barb Wire (1996) (Stunts)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2002) (Stunts - 7 episodes)
Spy Game (1997) (Stunts)
Face/Off (1997) (Stunts)
Team Knight Rider (1997) (Stunts)
Red Corner (1997) (Stunts)
The Roseanne Show (1997) (Stunts)
Walker, Texas Ranger (1997–98) (Stunts - 4 episodes)
Blade (1998) (Stunts, actress)
The Patriot (1998) (Stunts)
The Last Man on Planet Earth (1999) (Stunts)
Wild Wild West (1999) (Stunts)
Mystery Men (1999) (Stunts)
MADtv (1999) (Actress - 1 episode)
Life Streams (2000) (Actress, co-producer)
Black Scorpion (2001) (Stunts)
Fists of Cheese (2002) (Assistant stunt coordinator, associate producer)
The Time Machine (2002) (Actress)
On Sundays (2002) (Co-producer)
A Ribbon of Dreams (2002) (Associate producer)
Modern Warriors (2002) (Herself)
Star Trek: Enterprise (2002–05) (Stunts)
Hulk (2003) (Actress)
10-8: Officers on Duty (2003) (Stunts)
Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004) (fight choreographer)
The Vault (2005) (Actress)
Rent (2005) (Actress)
The Prodigy (2006) (Actress, associate producer)
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) (Actress)
The Sensei (2008) (Director, producer, actress)[6]
Sinners and Saints (2010) (Co-producer, assistant stunt coordinator)
I, Frankenstein (2014) (Martial arts trainer to Aaron Eckhart / Socratis Otto)
Spy (2015) (Martial arts trainer to Melissa McCarthy)
The Mandalorian (2020) (Actress - 1 episode))
the fight chreography & editing for the fight sequence was atrocious
Him and Dave Filoni just need to tell Kathleen Kennedy to kick rocks and do a full-fledged SW tv series THEIR way..

Either set it after the sequel trilogy and do a true pass-the-torch type deal(which those movies failed to do) or just branch off from Mandalorian and go the Expanded Universe route

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the fight chreography & editing for the fight sequence was atrocious

while the production values are great it IS still a TV show...which means there isn't much time or space for feature film fight choreography on the same level that you would see in a feature film... on a movie rosario dawson would have had months to prepare and weeks just for the fights alone. On a tv show she probably had less than month to prepare and choreograph something.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
while the production values are great it IS still a TV show...which means there isn't much time or space for feature film fight choreography on the same level that you would see in a feature film... on a movie rosario dawson would have had months to prepare and weeks just for the fights alone. On a tv show she probably had less than month to prepare and choreograph something.
:lol:
banshee
warrior
spartacus
strike back
witcher
marco polo
daredevil
gangs of london
etc
etc

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the production budget, director etc is way better than this :

ClearcutPotableCoelacanth-max-1mb.gif

but the choreo and editing on this ep was only a little better

Asohka could have learned different variations of her fighting style in all this time, she did use reverse grip, this kind of knit picking is what got Star Wars removed from Lucas and into the shitter. Episode was great, show is still great so far

so right....fanboys are doing it again....nitpicking the shit out of a thing they love rather than just enjoying it....that's the 3rd comment I've read that said the fight scenes weren't good enough.

Heres one from FB:
I'm not sure if the mandalorian was awesome because I wanted to see a jedi or because I wanted to see Ahsoka Tano OR if I just wanted to see Rosario Dawson... trying to set all that aside... I want her to work on her saber skills more and I want them to do a better job with her "hair" and not make it look "cheap"

They keep cross comparing things rather just watching the show. :smh::smh::smh:

They are going to fuck up Mandalorian if they keep it up.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
so right....fanboys are doing it again....nitpicking the shit out of a thing they love rather than just enjoying it....that's the 3rd comment I've read that said the fight scenes weren't good enough.

Heres one from FB:
I'm not sure if the mandalorian was awesome because I wanted to see a jedi or because I wanted to see Ahsoka Tano OR if I just wanted to see Rosario Dawson... trying to set all that aside... I want her to work on her saber skills more and I want them to do a better job with her "hair" and not make it look "cheap"

They keep cross comparing things rather just watching the show. :smh::smh::smh:

They are going to fuck up Mandalorian if they keep it up.
critiquing inconsistencies in production is not nitpicking

especially since its Filoni that directed this episode...

no one I've seen online is complaining about cast, acting nor story. / choices..

my hope is that the stunt/ choreo budget and practice time was allocated for the inevitable ep when Ashoka BoKatan n Mando link up

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
Honestly, episode was a little meh. Last weeks was more entertaining to me.

I liked Dawson's take on Ahsoka and seeing Michael Beihn was cool, but this episode was a little boring. Especially with it being one of the longest running episodes of the Mandalorian so far.

Liked learning the Child's name and was surprised to hear Thrawn's name dropped. I'm wondering if the next Jedi they meet up with is Mace Windu or a younger Skywalker.

So far the third episode followed by the fourth have been the highlights for me this season. This episode, although it answered some questions and had one of the best characters appear, was slightly better than the one with the Frog Lady and ice spiders.

Also, hated how dark this episode appeared. I know it's to hide special effects and all but It could have been a little more brighter.
Mace is dead; at this point only known Jedi alive is Luke; and he isnt young anymore...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
Solid Episode; Ahsoka has always been one of my favorite star war characters; Clone wars was about her just as much as it was about Anakin. She must be looking for Thrawn to find Ezra right? and where is Sabine wren? It seems like the Mandalorian is setting up for a lot of spin offs shows...

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Solid Episode; Ahsoka has always been one of my favorite star war characters; Clone wars was about her just as much as it was about Anakin. She must be looking for Thrawn to find Ezra right? and where is Sabine wren? It seems like the Mandalorian is setting up for a lot of spin offs shows...
Yeah I think she looking for Ezra - but-
The Mandalorian story is a few years before the Rebels epilogue when Ashoka and Sabine go looking for Ezra

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
The Mandalorian story is a few years before the Rebels epilogue when Ashoka and Sabine go looking for Ezra

Hmmm very interesting; I was thinking that the Mandalorian was after rebels also. But at least they are doing the timelines right; Like they did with Rogue One; the only recent Star wars they made right. Okay So Ashoka in that episode above is picking up Sabine because she must have info on where Ezra is. Very very interesting....

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Hmmm very interesting; I was thinking that the Mandalorian was after rebels also. But at least they are doing the timelines right; Like they did with Rogue One; the only recent Star wars they made right. Okay So Ashoka in that episode above is picking up Sabine because she must have info on where Ezra is. Very very interesting....
only the epilogue of Rebels is after Mandalorian, the rest of Rebels is between Ep 3 and Rogue One

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
only the epilogue of Rebels is after Mandalorian, the rest of Rebels is between Ep 3 and Rogue One
Right Right...I just hope that they get these new Star Wars shows and movies right; and expand the Universe to deal with more characters; After seeing Clone Wars, I never understood why Ahsoka was never mentioned or shown in any of the Star Wars movies :smh: ; Hopefully now they will do her justice; Along with many more characters....

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Another thing, Ashoka didn't even use her signature reverse grip while holding her lightsabers. That shit bothered me.

She did use the reverse grip often while running towards battle in her her younger years but the older Ahsoka is more powerful, pragmatic in battle and doesn't do the reverse grip as much. I think the show did that on purpose to show her maturity.

For those that keep asking about the timeline, The Mandalorian takes place between the end of Return of the Jedi (after the Empire has fallen) and 1st Order / Force Awakens (unfortunate debacle). The more Dave Filoni shows how Star Wars is properly done, the more Kathleen Kennedy looks like an Affirmative Action hire.

Don't get the "bored" assessment. I shouted as soon as I saw Ahsoka's blades unsheathe. It was dope to see how beskar holds up to a lightsaber to illustrate how Manadalorian weaponry was designed to fight against Jedi. Enjoyed every moment of this DOPE series.

Mace is dead; at this point only known Jedi alive is Luke; and he isnt young anymore...

The title of episode 5 is "The Jedi", which is a reference to Grogu, who was trained by Jedi Masters back when there was a Jedi Order. As far as the overall events outside the this series, Luke is not the sole remaining Jedi. There were other Jedi who remained in exile after the fall of both the Jedi Order and the Empire. Also, Luke established a temple to train Jedi, including Laya, after the Return of the Jedi timeline. Luke is younger when this series takes place.

Ahsoka is technically no longer a Jedi since she left the Jedi Order when she was younger.

Last edited:

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor

Is that Asajj Ventress' ship? Did Ahsoka Tano take Count Dooku's apprentice's ship?
I remember that a ship like this give Anakin Skywalker all sorts of fits in a chase.

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
We never saw him die. Revenge of the Sith made a point of seeing the Jedi, who were killed, die on screen.

there is always the possibility that Mace is alive somewhere.

As far as Luke, I meant a younger Luke since the series is set 5 years after Return of the Jedi. He would be younger than what we saw in The Last Jedi.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
She did use the reverse grip often while running towards battle in her her younger years but the older Ahsoka is more powerful, pragmatic in battle and doesn't do the reverse grip as much. I think the show did that on purpose to show her maturity.

For those that keep asking about the timeline, The Mandalorian takes place between the end of Return of the Jedi (after the Empire has fallen) and 1st Order / Force Awakens (unfortunate debacle). The more Dave Filoni shows how Star Wars is properly done, the more Kathleen Kennedy looks like an Affirmative Action hire.

Don't get the "bored" assessment. I shouted as soon as I saw Ahsoka's blades unsheathe. It was dope to see how beskar holds up to a lightsaber to illustrate how Manadalorian weaponry was designed to fight against Jedi. Enjoyed every moment of this DOPE series.

The title of episode 5 is "The Jedi", which is a reference to Grogu, who was trained by Jedi Masters back when there was a Jedi Order. As far as the overall events outside the this series, Luke is not the sole remaining Jedi. There were other Jedi who remained in exile after the fall of both the Jedi Order and the Empire. Also, Luke established a temple to train Jedi, including Laya, after the Return of the Jedi timeline. Luke is younger when this series takes place.

Ahsoka is technically no longer a Jedi since she left the Jedi Order when she was younger.
Notice i said only known jedi alive. That doesn't mean there isn't any just not known. Star wars doesn't acknowledge any other Jedi so while we assume we dont actually know who they are. And it would seem that luke hasn't established this temple yet. Otherwise the Mandalorian would have heard about it, as well as Ahsoka.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
We never saw him die. Revenge of the Sith made a point of seeing the Jedi, who were killed, die on screen.

there is always the possibility that Mace is alive somewhere.

As far as Luke, I meant a younger Luke since the series is set 5 years after Return of the Jedi. He would be younger than what we saw in The Last Jedi.
Mace is dead pimp. And if he isn't he probably dam near 80-90 years old :giggle: