Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
Kennedy, Johnson, Abrams and company didn't understand Star Wars.

Surprising on Kennedy's part since she has been a film producer for almost 40 years.

I'm about to sound like a He-Man woman hater right now but fuck it....

Disney fucked up by focusing on marketing Star Wars to girls instead of focusing on the stories that already existed that had strong women characters.

The whole "forced" push to have Rey be the new Luke killed the sequel trilogy from the start.

I have no problem with a female lead, nor do most Star Wars fans, hell many of us have been clamoring for an Ahsoka series.

Disney just tried too hard to push Rey and the whole "Force is Female" shit that it really killed the excitement for fans that have been there since day one.

That and the terrible writing and dumb decisions like trying to include women in every aspect of Star Wars.

Whenever I play new Star Wars games on Xbox One or watch the new films, when they show female officers of the Empire or First Order, I'm like, GTFOH. Hearing a female voice as an Empire Commander takes me out of Battlefront 2. Dumb, I know, but why ruin a good thing.

The Empire was based on Nazi's. Hell, their uniforms looked like Nazi garb, yet Disney wanted to include women so bad they started putting them in the Empire and First Order?

That shit is just so unrealistic in this unreal galaxy we have grown accustomed to over generations.

The bad guys are almost ALWAYS CAC men.

When they started adding in Black and Asian females to the Empires ranks, it just reeked of forced inclusion with no real reason why.

There weren't any women in the Empire's ranks. Don't retcon that shit now.

There WERE women in the Rebel Alliance. X-Wing and Y-Wing pilots, hell Mon Mothma was the leader of the Rebel Alliance. Princess Leia...

I'm all for strong women characters so long as they give them something to do.

The way Disney set about making new Star Wars movies with female leads killed the excitement because these characters were just poorly written with no real reason to care for them.

Shit was corny in the sequel Trilogy. Corny in Rogue One. Corny in elements of Solo. The story mode in Battlefront 2.

Cara Dune, a strongman (woman) character CAN be an interesting character so long as they continue to allow her character to grow.

Bo Katan, Ahsoka, hell, would love to see Assajj Ventress make an appearance....

These are female characters that Disney could never create.

Hope we see more of them going forward. Favreau and Filoni seem to have a grasp of how to build their universe and satisfy all the fans without shitting on the past.
Agree with everything except Rogue One; nothing corny about that movie....

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
128569147_2846283192359244_4694264405294528186_n.jpg

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Surprising on Kennedy's part since she has been a film producer for almost 40 years.

Disney fucked up by focusing on marketing Star Wars to girls instead of focusing on the stories that already existed that had strong women characters.

The whole "forced" push to have Rey be the new Luke killed the sequel trilogy from the start.

I have no problem with a female lead, nor do most Star Wars fans, hell many of us have been clamoring for an Ahsoka series.

Disney just tried too hard to push Rey and the whole "Force is Female" shit that it really killed the excitement for fans that have been there since day one.

That and the terrible writing and dumb decisions like trying to include women in every aspect of Star Wars.

Whenever I play new Star Wars games on Xbox One or watch the new films, when they show female officers of the Empire or First Order, I'm like, GTFOH. Hearing a female voice as an Empire Commander takes me out of Battlefront 2. Dumb, I know, but why ruin a good thing.

The Empire was based on Nazi's. Hell, their uniforms looked like Nazi garb, yet Disney wanted to include women so bad they started putting them in the Empire and First Order?

That shit is just so unrealistic in this unreal galaxy we have grown accustomed to over generations.

When they started adding in Black and Asian females to the Empires ranks, it just reeked of forced inclusion with no real reason why.

There WERE women in the Rebel Alliance. X-Wing and Y-Wing pilots, hell Mon Mothma was the leader of the Rebel Alliance. Princess Leia...

The way Disney set about making new Star Wars movies with female leads killed the excitement because these characters were just poorly written with no real reason to care for them.

Shit was corny in the sequel Trilogy. Corny in Rogue One. Corny in elements of Solo. The story mode in Battlefront 2.

Cara Dune, a strongman (woman) character CAN be an interesting character so long as they continue to allow her character to grow.

Bo Katan, Ahsoka, hell, would love to see Assajj Ventress make an appearance....

Hope we see more of them going forward. Favreau and Filoni seem to have a grasp of how to build their universe and satisfy all the fans without shitting on the past.
I agree with 70% of what you posted.

I don't think Rey was a bad character nor Rose really..I don't think the idea of non-white or male empire characters was a bad choice either. Yes the empire was based on nazis but let's be honest in the OT set in a galaxy far far away they only had one black man??? Did that make any sense or were we conditioned to not take issue with that at that time??

I would say that the post-civil rights era has been a transition time for our society. The evolutions and growing pains are awkward and are going to be awkward. The hamhanded/forced push for diversity is born out of a mindset that's used to things being one way and the only to break out of that is to MAKE something happen and many times it's not going to be executed the best way and you're not going to satisfy everyone.

Could the nonwhite characters been better written...sure but then again they could have just been white males too. This is why its important to have diversity BEHIND the camera as well as in front of it.

Last edited:

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
I agree with 70% of what you posted.

I don't think Rey was a bad character nor Rose really..I don't the idea of non-white or male empire characters was a bad choice either. Yes the empire was based on nazis but let's be honest in the OT set in a galaxy far far away they only had one black man??? Did that make any sense or were we conditioned to not take issue with that at that time??

I would say that the post-civil rights era has been a transition time for our society. The evolutions and growing pains are awkward and are going to be awkward. The hamhanded/forced push for diversity is born out of a mindset that's used to things being one way and the only to break out of that is to MAKE something happen and many times it's not going to be executed the best way and you're going to satisfy everyone.

Could the nonwhite characters been better written...sure but then again they could have just been white males too. This is why its important to have diversity BEHIND the camera as well as in front of it.
I hear you, and you aint wrong. I would just say I do have hope in Felloni. He seems to get it, and rightfully so since he cut his chops next to the man himself. Even the female broad on the Mandalorian with Carl Weathers is a better character because they building out her story so you see that she has skin in the game. I think they have big plans for Ahsoka and I'm here for it.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Agree with everything except Rogue One; nothing corny about that movie....
I was referring to Jyn Erso's character who was shoehorned into the film as a needed character. We knew nothing of her yet expected to get behind her actions as a protagonist. We have one scene in the beginning where she is young then fast forward 15 years or so into the future and we are supposedly told who she is without really experiencing it.

Take away the Vader scenes and the space battle at the end and it was a pretty forgettable film for me. I didn't care for any of the characters, they were just there.

I felt like they wasted Forrest Whitaker too.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
I was referring to Jyn Erso's character who was shoehorned into the film as a needed character. We knew nothing of her yet expected to get behind her actions as a protagonist. We have one scene in the beginning where she is young then fast forward 15 years or so into the future and we are supposedly told who she is without really experiencing it.

Take away the Vader scenes and the space battle at the end and it was a pretty forgettable film for me. I didn't care for any of the characters, they were just there.

I felt like they wasted Forrest Whitaker too.
Forrest character Saw should have been delved in deeper; but the movie itself is a bridge movie; Maybe it should have been a 2 part movie to explain Saw and Jyn Erso characters and in depth relationship; It might have been rushed by I felt like it was a solid movie; showed the rebels in a different light. It would have been better if they wouldnt not have fucked up those 3 sequels; Star Wars shouldnt be viewed as standalone movies; so that would make sense because a lot of Rogue One was connected to Clone Wars...

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Also, I have read a number of times since Rogue One debuted that the Star Wars Universe may be taking place in our universe and that Earth is located somewhere in a obscure and unknown section of the Outer Rim.
Remember those Ewok television movies(which Lucasfilm also says are canon)..? The human characters mentioned they were from Earth

I think Daisy knew this,that was why she took down all her social media cause she was getting clowned from jump

Kelly Tran also did as well(she was getting the same done to her to the point where she almost thought about offing herself),until Boyega,Oscar Isaac, Mark Hamill and JJ Abrams had to put their capes on to defend her..

To an extent so is the story mode in Squadrons,thats why i didnt bother with it(game's made by the same people who did BF2's story mode)

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
To an extent so is the story mode in Squadrons,thats why i didnt bother with it(game's made by the same people who did BF2's story mode)
Yep. Was thinking about grabbing it since it was dirt cheap but didn't since it was a straight simulation game without a third person view and the story mode, saw some of the YouTube clips and lost interest.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm playing Squadrons now. The forced diversity for the Empire is so obvious it's funny. The main villain is an Asian woman, her commander is a black woman. One of the Empires ace pilots is a gay guy (him revealing that fact had nothing to do with the story). Most of the characters on the Rebellion side are aliens. I get diversity and I love it when it's done correctly and natural. But when it's so obvious it throws the story off.

superfusion

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I agree Kennedy, Johnson, and Abrams don't know Star Wars even though they say they do. This is the second SciFi franchise that Abrams has destroyed, the first was Star Trek and Now Star Wars. Kennedy and Disney thought they were going to bring all these young girls into star wars with Rey. Rey was a dull character, Finn only ran and screamed Rey's name, and Po became a secondary character after the episode 7. Rainn Johnson shouldn't have never been attached to Star Wars. There are plenty of strong female characters who are much better than Rey. Lucas was gonna have Darth Maul and Darth Talon as the main villain for his version of 7,8,9. I think those 2 character would have been much better Snoke and Kylo Ren. Favreau and Filoni are going a great job of making Star Wars popular again. They just need to get rid of Kathleen Kennedy.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
People shit on Lucas and the prequel trilogy but the prequels gave us the best Star Wars stories with the Clone War.

The way the Mandalorians were explored and shown in Clone Wars was awesome storytelling and world building and The Mandalorian show is benefiting from it.

I'm convinced the Sequel Trilogy would have been better if they went with Lucas plans for Maul and Talon.

Welp, hope Favreau and Filoni involve Lucas as much as possible.

superfusion

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People shit on Lucas and the prequel trilogy but the prequels gave us the best Star Wars stories with the Clone War.

The way the Mandalorians were explored and shown in Clone Wars was awesome storytelling and world building and The Mandalorian show is benefiting from it.

I'm convinced the Sequel Trilogy would have been better if they went with Lucas plans for Maul and Talon.

Welp, hope Favreau and Filoni involve Lucas as much as possible.

The prequel trilogy did what I wanted it to do, it show me how the Emperor came into power, how Anakin became Darth Vader, how the Jedi were wiped out, and great light saber fighting. The prequels shits on the Disney trilogy. I think Lucas Films should just make the Disney trilogy part of an alternate timeline.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
The prequel trilogy did what I wanted it to do, it show me how the Emperor came into power, how Anakin became Darth Vader, how the Jedi were wiped out, and great light saber fighting. The prequels shits on the Disney trilogy. I think Lucas Films should just make the Disney trilogy part of an alternate timeline.
Facts, the new trilogy was an exercise in masturbatinion, went fucking nowhere.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
Actually the prequels really didn't show how anakin came into power. It was very vague to me. Clone wars Actually showed how the jedi pushed anakin away with their dogma and also showed how they were manipulated by the emperor. Prequel didnt do enough for me...

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
This has been explained already earlier in this thread. Kathleen Kennedy, JJ abbrams, rIAN johnson and Bob iger are all at fault. For disrespecting the Star Wars franchise. Ill link the pages that i was referring to, a little later.

EDIT****
This is from the star wars main thread. When the new trilogies were announced. All of the behind the scene shit started coming out. After the last movie was dropped. Because they were copping pleas, as to why the shit was trash.

John Boega arining disney out.

Daisey Ridley airing disney out.

Third vid you posted is a racist pussy ass cac trump supporting bitch, he's right about star wars though lol

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Third vid you posted is a racist pussy ass cac trump supporting bitch, he's right about star wars though lol
Yeah dude finally came out and finally said it. There is a few channels that are like that unfortunately like that.

He let a dude that recently lost his YouTube channel. Post on his channel. And dude was quoting shit from that Steve bannon news website. I was like oh ok now I know where these dudes is really coming from.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They're are already setting it up so that Grogu never leave's Mando's side .
But it would be great if we get a Luke appearance and he takes Grogu to train.
The only way Ahsoka would have had trouble with fighting the Magistrate if they had said she had been trained by a Sith or studied Jedi fighting
Dawson was terrific

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Yeah dude finally came out and finally said it. There is a few channels that are like that unfortunately like that.

He let a dude that recently lost his YouTube channel. Post on his channel. And dude was quoting shit from that Steve bannon news website. I was like oh ok now I know where these dudes is really coming from.
Shit I peeped a new one that he just comes out and says something like I love rosario dawson but she'd hate me since I'm a trump supporter. I've learned that all these anti pc police, anti #the future is women white boys online like this dude and nerdrotic are closet racists. Their colors always come out though. I use to watch them because I hate what they've done to star wars and doctor who with the forced woman lead bs but had to stop once they showed their bullshit

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
I have to admit reading this thread some of you dudes in here are weird as fuck and seriously got some issues with women.

Yall only want to see white men in the Empire and anything ele if forced diversity??

Yall really get mad at seeing women on the screen or in video games??

Yall are getting nit picky about fight scenes in a TV show while at the same time wishing that the character you're complaining about was in a live action show.....AND SHE IS.

I've heard it said how Star Wars fans are toxic as fuck and y'all are proving it to be true.

I expect this bullshit from CACs cause they're weak but damn y'all are sounding just like them.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
I have to admit reading this thread some of you dudes in here are weird as fuck and seriously got some issues with women.

Yall only want to see white men in the Empire and anything ele if forced diversity??

The New Order is fine but I think Lucas always made it a point that the Empire came off Nazi like. Has nothing to do with not wanting women on screen. The Rebels had the diversity to defeat them. At least from my POV.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
From a Star Wars historical perspective, yes. The Empire was always run by white men. Never any women and never any Aliens. Only Alien allowed in any high ranks was Thrawn.
See above. I have no problem with them including women in the Rebel Alliance, but having women and women commanders in the Empire is forced and goes against what has been established.
Yall are getting nit picky about fight scenes in a TV show while at the same time wishing that the character you're complaining about was in a live action show.....AND SHE IS.
I'm glad Ahsoka finally made it to Live Action, I only wanted to see her fight like she did in Clone Wars because I wanted to see that style on screen.
I've heard it said how Star Wars fans are toxic as fuck and y'all are proving it to be true.
Toxic because we criticize a franchise we love? Oh you one of them Terry Crews "Toxic Masculinity is the devil" types?

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
From a Star Wars historical perspective, yes. The Empire was always run by white men. Never any women and never any Aliens. Only Alien allowed in any high ranks was Thrawn.

See above. I have no problem with them including women in the Rebel Alliance, but having women and women commanders in the Empire is forced and goes against what has been established.

I'm glad Ahsoka finally made it to Live Action, I only wanted to see her fight like she did in Clone Wars because I wanted to see that style on screen.

Toxic because we criticize a franchise we love? Oh you one of them Terry Crews "Toxic Masculinity is the devil" types?

The empire was on HUMANS not just white dudes. The only reason you say white dudes was cause the movies were made in the 70's and 80's.

Like I said some of y'all are weird as fuck.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
The empire was on HUMANS not just white dudes. The only reason you say white dudes was cause the movies were made in the 70's and 80's.

Like I said some of y'all are weird as fuck.
As mentioned already in this thread, the Empire was modeled after the Nazis by Lucas.

The Third Reich was full of White Dudes.

How many Nazi women commanders were there?

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Shit I peeped a new one that he just comes out and says something like I love rosario dawson but she'd hate me since I'm a trump supporter. I've learned that all these anti pc police, anti #the future is women white boys online like this dude and nerdrotic are closet racists. Their colors always come out though. I use to watch them because I hate what they've done to star wars and doctor who with the forced woman lead bs but had to stop once they showed their bullshit

Yeah that might have been the geeksandgamers channel. That said he loves rosario dawson, but hate her political stance. Because when I saw that video, that shit made me lol. I think it might be time to unsubscribe. I stop fucking with nerdrotic a while ago. The other suspect youtube channels IMO is midnight edge,
josiah rises(this is the guy who recently was banned from youtiube) and doomcock. Im going to be going on vacation soon. And im going to be searching for youtube channels like these but that is ran by black youtubers.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Yeah that might have been the geeksandgamers channel. That said he loves rosario dawson, but hate her political stance. Because when I saw that video, that shit made me lol. I think it might be time to unsubscribe. I stop fucking with nerdrotic a while ago. The other suspect youtube channels IMO is midnight edge,
josiah rises(this is the guy who recently was banned from youtiube) and doomcock. Im going to be going on vacation soon. And im going to be searching for youtube channels like these but that is ran by black youtubers.

Rosario is always promoting for equal rights and police accountability so yeah its about time you unsubscribed.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
It sucks having an extreme group of anti women Star Wars fans because we definitely aren't them. I don't hate Rey but Rose was a waste of time. Rey was just a pushed with no depth. The new trilogy had so much untapped potential. JJ at least left 20+ easy layups for them after TFA no matter how you feel about that movie. That's as far as my defense of him goes. I could have wrote the shit out of the next 2 movies. Hell most of us could.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
They're are already setting it up so that Grogu never leave's Mando's side .
But it would be great if we get a Luke appearance and he takes Grogu to train.
The only way Ahsoka would have had trouble with fighting the Magistrate if they had said she had been trained by a Sith or studied Jedi fighting
Dawson was terrific

Tagke Grogu to train where? We already saw what Kylo Ren did to all of Luke's trainees.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
It sucks having an extreme group of anti women Star Wars fans because we definitely aren't them. I don't hate Rey but Rose was a waste of time. Rey was just a pushed with no depth. The new trilogy had so much untapped potential. JJ at least left 20+ easy layups for them after TFA no matter how you feel about that movie. That's as far as my defense of him goes. I could have wrote the shit out of the next 2 movies. Hell most of us could.
Word.

Cats think just because you dislike some of the female characters means you hate all of them.

As mentioned there are plenty of female characters Star Wars fans love. The poor execution of some of these new characters introduced by Disney is what most Star Wars fans were upset about.

Rey could have been a great character if they gave her a better story. You hit it right with The Force Awakens though. Compare that five or six minutes we get of Rey surviving as a scavenger VS the lack of time we were given to learn about of Jyn Erso in Rogue One.

We understood Rey and were given a reason to care for her in those moments where she was alone.

Erso's character from the jump wasn't someone we really could care for because there wasn't anything there.

Sadly though, the way JJ gave Rey the Konami code and she had the powers of the force available to her immediately, instead of learning them through a mentor. That was whack, especially when:

1) Luke had Obi Wan who started to groom his knowledge of the Force
2) We all thought Finn was our Jedi in Training per the trailers.

The Force Awakens wasn't a horrible film, it did as you said set things up nicely for the rest of the trilogy, however Johnson and Kennedy really fucked things up so badly that there really was no coming back after The Last Jedi.

How the FUCK do you NOT have Han, Luke, Leia Chewie and the droids not share one single scene together?

Dumb.

Last edited: