Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Speaking about the Jedi and what is known or unknown about them, looking back, I find it interesting that the Mandalorian Blacksmith didn't acknowledge the Jedi fighting alongside Mandalorians during the Clone Wars, additionally, she didn't mention or show any knowledge of Tarre Viszla, the first Mandalorian Jedi who created the Darksabre. She just called the Jedi enemies....but she had to know more...

It's going to be interesting to see if/when the Blacksmith reemerges and comes face to face with Bo Katan, since she has been holding off Mandalorian history from Din Djarin.

He may have a choice to make.

Can see a Mandalorian "war" between Bo Katan and the radical Mando's Din Djarin was a part of.

And while that goes on, Thrawn and Gideon swoop in and take Grogu.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Speaking about the Jedi and what is known or unknown about them, looking back, I find it interesting that the Mandalorian Blacksmith didn't acknowledge the Jedi fighting alongside Mandalorians during the Clone Wars, additionally, she didn't mention or show any knowledge of Tarre Viszla, the first Mandalorian Jedi who created the Darksabre. She just called the Jedi enemies....but she had to know more...

It's going to be interesting to see if/when the Blacksmith reemerges and comes face to face with Bo Katan, since she has been holding off Mandalorian history from Din Djarin.

He may have a choice to make.

Can see a Mandalorian "war" between Bo Katan and the radical Mando's Din Djarin was a part of.

And while that goes on, Thrawn and Gideon swoop in and take Grogu.

Mondo was raised in a cult, it is probably like Scientology where they only start telling the truth after you reach a certain rank

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Mondo was raised ina cult, it is probably like Scientology where they only start telling the truth after you reach a certain rank
I know, which is why I'm thinking things will come to a head when Mando's sect meets up with Bo Katan's.

While they fight, the Empire Remnants will make off with Grogu to end the season.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I know, which is why I'm thinking things will come to a head when Mando's sect meets up with Bo Katan's.

While they fight, the Empire Remnants will make off with Grogu to end the season.
I dont think they have much plans for Mondo, it looks like they are trying to spin off other series off this show.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
We finally learn who this baby yoda is bit damn has been a Jedi before the clone Wars ended a d th3 Jedi purge. Hes probably older than Darth Vader. How long does yoda species stay in the toddler phase? It will probably be another 20 years before he hits puberty

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
We finally learn who this baby yoda is bit damn has been a Jedi before the clone Wars ended a d th3 Jedi purge. Hes probably older than Darth Vader. How long does yoda species stay in the toddler phase? It will probably be another 20 years before he hits puberty
Good question, and who says he is a baby? Yoda was about that size at
death, and he was 900 years old. Yaddle, a female of the same species
who also sat on the Jedi council, was the same size at 700 years old.

Can you imagine if these fools fuck up the canon and say that Grogu
is the secret love child of Yoda and Yaddle?

Last edited:

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Notice i said only known jedi alive. That doesn't mean there isn't any just not known. Star wars doesn't acknowledge any other Jedi so while we assume we dont actually know who they are. And it would seem that luke hasn't established this temple yet. Otherwise the Mandalorian would have heard about it, as well as Ahsoka.

I'm in agreement with you, I was just speaking in terms of the overall timeline around what's shown on the Mandalorian. Ahsoka confirms there are other Jedi remaining. As far as when Luke establishes the temple, that depends on how much time after the New Republic is established and where the Mandalorian timeline fits with that. it's not clear if Luke's Jedi temple is before, during, or after the events of this series. That's unknown.

EDIT: Nevermind about the temple Luke establishes, @ViCiouS just explained it.

As Grand Master of the Jedi Order (which lasted for 25,000 years overall), Yoda was training Jedi for hundreds of years and died when he was 900 years old. So yea, Grogu saw the Jedi Order during its peak and fall, rise and fall of the Empire, etc. as a 50-year old toddler.

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Great point. Lucas never really explored or wrote about Yoda's species so we really don't know how long their baby stage lasts.

For Grogu to be 50 years old and still be a "baby" yet was present during the Jedi purge, shit just doesn't add up.

He should be vocalizing at least. Hell, how small or old was he when he was taken from his family?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'm in agreement with you, I was just speaking in terms of the overall timeline around what's shown on the Mandalorian. As far as when Luke establishes the temple, that depends on how much time after the New Republic is established and where the Mandalorian timeline fits with that. it's not clear if Luke's Jedi temple is before, during, or after the events of this series. That's unknown.
Luke's Jedi temple gets started when Ben Solo is 10y/o

so Mando is approx 6 to 10 years before the temple is founded

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Thanks for breaking that down, fam

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Man, I know they are using Mandalorian as a way to create backdoor pilots for other series, if we get an Ahsoka series, cool, I just hope whatever they come up with sort of erases the sequel trilogy.

Like, I know it will always be there, but I'm more interested I what happened in the immediate aftermath of the Empire falling than I am in what happened 35 years after as seen in the sequel Trilogy.

I'd give anything to see a Sebastian Stan lead Luke series that takes place during the same time as Mando.

They have pulled material from legends, would love for them to pull from the New Jedi Order series of books with the Yuuzhan Vong.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great point. Lucas never really explored or wrote about Yoda's species so we really don't know how long their baby stage lasts.

For Grogu to be 50 years old and still be a "baby" yet was present during the Jedi purge, shit just doesn't add up.

He should be vocalizing at least. Hell, how small or old was he when he was taken from his family?
As i said before waaay early in the thread...Yoda himself had proven to be deceptive and manipulative..so Grogu very well may be ACTING like a toddler to secure a protector...he already knows how to manipulate the Force...

remember what he did....purposefully stopped and levitated that rhino creature from trampling mando
used his force powers again in a later episode
and in one ep..raised his hand to ABSORB the blaster shot from the merc android when mando shot it from behind.

NONE of these are the actions of a baby or toddler

Darkness's

Registered
As i said before waaay early in the thread...Yoda himself had proven to be deceptive and manipulative..so Grogu very well may be ACTING like a toddler to secure a protector...he already knows how to manipulate the Force...

remember what he did....purposefully stopped and levitated that rhino creature from trampling mando
and in one ep..raised his hand to ABSORB the blaster shot from the merc android when mando shot it from behind.

Yeah he's definitely playing and manipulating lando.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Who will destroy this show first? The casuals looking for a cute baby that will eventually be stripped away bit by bit. Or the super SW fanboys looking over everything with a fine toothed comb and not just enjoying what we got since Kathleen Kennedy had a trainwreck of a movie trilogy (I still defend JJ to a point yes).

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
Man, I know they are using Mandalorian as a way to create backdoor pilots for other series, if we get an Ahsoka series, cool, I just hope whatever they come up with sort of erases the sequel trilogy.

Like, I know it will always be there, but I'm more interested I what happened in the immediate aftermath of the Empire falling than I am in what happened 35 years after as seen in the sequel Trilogy.

I'd give anything to see a Sebastian Stan lead Luke series that takes place during the same time as Mando.

They have pulled material from legends, would love for them to pull from the New Jedi Order series of books with the Yuuzhan Vong.
So many great stories to tell; and great characters to showcase. I really cant believe the people that run Star Wars allowed those 3 ray movies :smh: :smh:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
128218057_10220860095425334_3527157561001415975_n.jpg

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
So many great stories to tell; and great characters to showcase. I really cant believe the people that run Star Wars allowed those 3 ray movies :smh: :smh:
I know right.. like i been saying,Disney IMO was sitting on a potential goldmine with all the EU stuff and they just tossed it out..

I dont blame John Boyega for speaking out like he did

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
critiquing inconsistencies in production is not nitpicking

especially since its Filoni that directed this episode...

no one I've seen online is complaining about cast, acting nor story. / choices..

my hope is that the stunt/ choreo budget and practice time was allocated for the inevitable ep when Ashoka BoKatan n Mando link up

Why Live-Action Ahsoka’s Head Tails Are So Much Shorter Than In Star Wars Cartoons
The-Mandalorian-Ahsoka-Tano-head-tails.jpg

The Mandalorian season 2, episode 5 "The Jedi" marks Ahsoka's live-action debut. She's portrayed by Rosario Dawson who, thanks to her own features and an alien make-up job, makes for a convincing live-action Ahsoka. The problem, however, is in the lekku. The last time audiences saw Ahsoka, albeit in animation, her head tails were longer. On The Mandalorian, Ahsoka's head tails look almost as short as they did when she was a young Padawan, reaching past her shoulders to about mid-chest. During Rebels, her lekku are already nearing her waist, which would suggest that by the time of The Mandalorian, they'd be even longer. Instead, the complete opposite has happened, and the reason why is likely tied to the character's transition from animation to live-action.

Originally conceived for animation, Ahsoka's head tails are not necessarily bound by physics in the same way real lekku would be. When she moves and especially when she fights, her lekku move as a natural extension of her body. There's not much concern for how heavy her head tails would actually be, or if they would get in the way by being so long. Ahsoka's lekku move as much or as little as they need to, it's whatever the animator chooses.

Transitioning into live-action, however, means having lekku conceived through make-up and practical effects and thus affected by real world physics. In previous live-action Star Wars movies, characters with lekku like Shaak Ti or Twi'leks Aayla Secura and Bib Fortuna — all of whom are shown with longer head tails than Ahsoka — aren't seen engaging in the kinds of acrobatics and martial arts as Ahsoka is in The Mandalorian. This is likely because the weight of their head tails would make any such stunt work very difficult.

As such, in order for Dawson and her stunt team to be able to fight while wearing the prosthetic lekku, the head tails need to be light. If the headpiece is too heavy, it'd be a difficult piece to wear for long periods — especially while performing complicated fight choreography. To help reduce the weight of the prosthetic, some length was clearly sacrificed. It's a decision likely made for practical reasons, but it creates a continuity error all the same. If it truly was for reasons relating to filming and performer comfort, then surely a solution could have been found by combining practical with digital effects. Instead, the live-action debut of Ahsoka on The Mandalorian is left slightly marred by her confusingly short head tails.

BlkStrength

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Seems like Baby yoda trending toward dark side. Probably saw vader slaughter all his friends while hid away. After that being experimented on. Force choking that chick in season one. Now Ahsoka saying it's fear there and she don't want to be responsible by training him.
Unlike preDisney Clone wars, I doubt Disney has it in them to have their trendy new cute character go superbad tho.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Seems like Baby yoda trending toward dark side. Probably saw vader slaughter all his friends while hid away. After that being experimented on. Force choking that chick in season one. Now Ahsoka saying it's fear there and she don't want to be responsible by training him.
Unlike preDisney Clone wars, I doubt Disney has it in them to have their trendy new cute character go superbad tho.

Naw, Jedi training starts from a early age before they form any famililar attachments, which is why the counsil said Anakin was too old and refused to train him at first. Jedi's basically want a emotionaless drone for their indoctrination.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Finished watching episodes 1 to 5 last night with the kids...........

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

This shit is fire!

Boba Fett made his debut in episode 1, dude is ready for a warpath to get his armor back. That cat looks focused like a mofo!

Timothy Olyphant looked silly as fuck in Boba Fett's uniform, but he did his role good. And Timothy character made reference to the 2nd Death Star which confirms the series follows Episode 6 movie.

Katee Sackoff and those cats with the Deathwatch armor made their appearance. Katee fitted perfect for the role and did it well. Great to see a animated character live action and she looked good. The Mandalorian Armor they had on was tight and looked just like what it did in Clone Wars.

Gina Carano still looked great with her thick ass. We found out she was from Alderan. Good connection to Episode 4 movie.

And Ahsoka!..... Live action version of her and she looked great. Ol' girl still whooping ass with the duel lightsabers like she did in Clone Wars and Rebels. Rosario Dawson handled the role good, was not sure of her but she pulled it off.

Great info on Baby Yoda and his background with him being from Coruscant and the Jedi Temple. We got to find out somebody rescued him. There been theories floating that Mace Windu might still be alive somewhere. It would be interesting if he rescued the kid and if he pops back up to train the Kid. Ahsoka mentioned there are few Jedi still alive at this point of the series..

And Ahsoka asking where Grand Admiral Thrawn is. That has been one of the highlights of the series so far. That means she is still looking for Ezra. And it looks like we might get some info on Ezra's whereabouts and where he and Thrawn been for Episodes 4 to 6. That is one of the big mysteries of Star Wars. The only thing with time we have received is from Star Wars Rebels with Ezra and Ahsoka in that dimension that allowed time travel. And Sidious found out about it. He may have used that dimension to bring himself back after Episode 6.

Another mystery in Star Wars is Episode 5 when Yoda and Obi Won were talking when Luke left and Obi Won mentioned that Luke was their Last Hope. Yoda replied "No, There Is Another", he looked down like he was disappointed about the other choice. Folks swear he was mentioning Leia, but I don't think it was Leia he was talking about. We know today that Ezra, Ahsoka, Baby Yoda and unnamed others were alive during the Episodes 4 to 6. So he might be referencing somebody else.

Curious at this point to know if Gran Moff Gideon is working independently or working under Snope or Sidious and if he is Sith. Episode 9 confirmed Sidious is alive and its possible Snope and Sidious might make a appearances in this series.

In Clone Wars it was shown twice that Sidious had plans on rounding up Force Sensitive children, we never got any more info after that and this shit Gideon is doing with Baby Yoda might be part of it. It might all be part of Sidious' Final Order with all them Sith mofos we saw in that stadium of his along with those Red Stormtroopers. Who knows at this time.

As some have pointed out with time in the Star Wars universe, nowhere have we been given a accurate reference of time. Nobody mentions birthdays, nobody mentions how long it takes to travel from planet to planet, nobody gives a time check/sync when they start a operation, nobody mentions what time it is at any point any Star Wars production or book.

We have no concept on how long these characters live. For all we know they have short or extended life spans than what we have in our world. For all we know the events from Episode 1 to Episode 9 could take place in a 20 year span in our years. Reference has been made to Chewbacca's and Yoda's age, but no explanation on how long a year is in this Universe. A year to Star Wars characters can be 30 minutes in our time for all we know.

My other question about Baby Yoda is why Qui-Gon, Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin have not reached out to him? If he is as important as what is being depicted with Moff Gideon, they should have appeared to him at this point and given him direction or lead a living Jedi toward him for protection.

Also, I have read a number of times since Rogue One debuted that the Star Wars Universe may be taking place in our universe and that Earth is located somewhere in a obscure and unknown section of the Outer Rim. The reference of "A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far, Far Away" might be the Milky Way Galaxy. The events in the SW Universe might be taking place in our distance past. There maybe folks in the Star Wars Universe that are aware of Earth, but nobody gives 2 fucks about the Earth cuz we on Earth are still in a primitive era running around half naked and fighting each other with sticks and stones. And there is nothing on Earth that interests anybody to take it over. Who knows.

3 more episodes to go. I will wait for those to air and watch them back to back and give my review after binging them.

All the episode's were on point, nothing bad about them.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Nah, Grogu is in self-preservation mode after the fall of the Jedi Order and remnants of the fallen Empire seeking him out to help rebuild it for specialized clone troopers. It's definitely a father-child relationship between Djin Jarin and Grogu. Ahsoka sensed that and confirmed. it's why she won't train him further because his emotional attachment to DJin Jarin can easily go the path of the dark side. A dark Grogu is exponentially dangerous.

Ahsoka is still visibly shaken by what happened to Anakin Skywalker.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Timothy Olyphant looked silly as fuck in Boba Fett's uniform, but he did his role good. And Timothy character made reference to the 2nd Death Star which confirms the series follows Episode 6 movie.
It was always confirmed The Mandalorian took place after Return of the Jedi. From the beginning the plot revolved the galaxy after the Empire fell, a galaxy struggling with Law and Order as the New Republic tries to pick up the pieces.
Gina Carano still looked great with her thick ass. We found out she was from Alderan. Good connection to Episode 4 movie.
She mentioned this in episode 4 of the first season.
Great info on Baby Yoda and his background with him being from Coruscant and the Jedi Temple. We got to find out somebody rescued him. There been theories floating that Mace Windu might still be alive somewhere. It would be interesting if he rescued the kid and if he pops back up to train the Kid. Ahsoka mentioned there are few Jedi still alive at this point of the series..
Been telling folks Mace Windu is still alive. Sam Jackson still does business with Disney...

Another mystery in Star Wars is Episode 5 when Yoda and Obi Won were talking when Luke left and Obi Won mentioned that Luke was their Last Hope. Yoda replied "No, There Is Another", he looked down like he was disappointed about the other choice. Folks swear he was mentioning Leia, but I don't think it was Leia he was talking about. We know today that Ezra, Ahsoka, Baby Yoda and unnamed others were alive during the Episodes 4 to 6. So he might be referencing somebody else
I wouldn't read too much into that. They weren't thinking about other Jedi when the original films were written. The other Yoda spoke of was Leia.
Curious at this point to know if Gran Moff Gideon is working independently or working under Snope or Sidious and if he is Sith. Episode 9 confirmed Sidious is alive and its possible Snope and Sidious might make a appearances in this series.
I think this series will refrain from showing Snoke. There may be some Sidious references bit I don't think Favreau and Filoni will want to acknowledge the sequel Trilogy too much.
In Clone Wars it was shown twice that Sidious had plans on rounding up Force Sensitive children, we never got any more info after that and this shit Gideon is doing with Baby Yoda might be part of it. It might all be part of Sidious' Final Order with all them Sith mofos we saw in that stadium of his along with those Red Stormtroopers. Who knows at this time.
Good thinking, possibly.
As some have pointed out with time in the Star Wars universe, nowhere have we been given a accurate reference of time. Nobody mentions birthdays, nobody mentions how long it takes to travel from planet to planet, nobody gives a time check/sync when they start a operation, nobody mentions what time it is at any point any Star Wars production or book.
Probably because it all takes place in space and other planets, and every world has different days and times. I do recall reading about a universal day in one of the old canon books though, same with universal years.
We have no concept on how long these characters live. For all we know they have short or extended life spans than what we have in our world. For all we know the events from Episode 1 to Episode 9 could take place in a 20 year span in our years. Reference has been made to Chewbacca's and Yoda's age, but no explanation on how long a year is in this Universe. A year to Star Wars characters can be 30 minutes in our time for all we know.
See my previous response above.
My other question about Baby Yoda is why Qui-Gon, Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin have not reached out to him? If he is as important as what is being depicted with Moff Gideon, they should have appeared to him at this point and given him direction or lead a living Jedi toward him for protection.
They probably have, we don't know yet. There is a planned Obi Wan series....

Also, I kind of hope they don't. In mean, has Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Yoda appeared in Force Ghost form to every would be Jedi?
Also, I have read a number of times since Rogue One debuted that the Star Wars Universe may be taking place in our universe and that Earth is located somewhere in a obscure and unknown section of the Outer Rim. The reference of "A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far, Far Away" might be the Milky Way Galaxy. The events in the SW Universe might be taking place in our distance past. There maybe folks in the Star Wars Universe that are aware of Earth, but nobody gives 2 fucks about the Earth cuz we on Earth are still in a primitive era running around half naked and fighting each other with sticks and stones. And there is nothing on Earth that interests anybody to take it over. Who knows.
LMAO man, it's a galaxy far far away.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member

This has been explained already earlier in this thread. Kathleen Kennedy, JJ abbrams, rIAN johnson and Bob iger are all at fault. For disrespecting the Star Wars franchise. Ill link the pages that i was referring to, a little later.

EDIT****
This is from the star wars main thread. When the new trilogies were announced. All of the behind the scene shit started coming out. After the last movie was dropped. Because they were copping pleas, as to why the shit was trash.

John Boega arining disney out.

Daisey Ridley airing disney out.

Last edited:

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
I know right.. like i been saying,Disney IMO was sitting on a potential goldmine with all the EU stuff and they just tossed it out..

I dont blame John Boyega for speaking out like he did

What they did to the Finn character should be a crime ESPECIALLY how they played up that he could be a jedi in the advertising.

Dude spent 3 movies chasing after a white woman EVEN AFTER meeting a fine ass storm trooper sista in the last movie.

Darkness's

Registered
Why Live-Action Ahsoka’s Head Tails Are So Much Shorter Than In Star Wars Cartoons
The-Mandalorian-Ahsoka-Tano-head-tails.jpg

The Mandalorian season 2, episode 5 "The Jedi" marks Ahsoka's live-action debut. She's portrayed by Rosario Dawson who, thanks to her own features and an alien make-up job, makes for a convincing live-action Ahsoka. The problem, however, is in the lekku. The last time audiences saw Ahsoka, albeit in animation, her head tails were longer. On The Mandalorian, Ahsoka's head tails look almost as short as they did when she was a young Padawan, reaching past her shoulders to about mid-chest. During Rebels, her lekku are already nearing her waist, which would suggest that by the time of The Mandalorian, they'd be even longer. Instead, the complete opposite has happened, and the reason why is likely tied to the character's transition from animation to live-action.

Originally conceived for animation, Ahsoka's head tails are not necessarily bound by physics in the same way real lekku would be. When she moves and especially when she fights, her lekku move as a natural extension of her body. There's not much concern for how heavy her head tails would actually be, or if they would get in the way by being so long. Ahsoka's lekku move as much or as little as they need to, it's whatever the animator chooses.

Transitioning into live-action, however, means having lekku conceived through make-up and practical effects and thus affected by real world physics. In previous live-action Star Wars movies, characters with lekku like Shaak Ti or Twi'leks Aayla Secura and Bib Fortuna — all of whom are shown with longer head tails than Ahsoka — aren't seen engaging in the kinds of acrobatics and martial arts as Ahsoka is in The Mandalorian. This is likely because the weight of their head tails would make any such stunt work very difficult.

As such, in order for Dawson and her stunt team to be able to fight while wearing the prosthetic lekku, the head tails need to be light. If the headpiece is too heavy, it'd be a difficult piece to wear for long periods — especially while performing complicated fight choreography. To help reduce the weight of the prosthetic, some length was clearly sacrificed. It's a decision likely made for practical reasons, but it creates a continuity error all the same. If it truly was for reasons relating to filming and performer comfort, then surely a solution could have been found by combining practical with digital effects. Instead, the live-action debut of Ahsoka on The Mandalorian is left slightly marred by her confusingly short head tails.

Cartkon asohka tails are longer because it's a cartoon. Characters in clone wars and rebels looks like they were carved out of wood. Asohka isnt the only one of her species that was brought to libe action. Jedi master shak ti was in Deleted scenes of episode 3

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Kennedy, Johnson, Abrams and company didn't understand Star Wars.

Surprising on Kennedy's part since she has been a film producer for almost 40 years.

I'm about to sound like a He-Man woman hater right now but fuck it....

Disney fucked up by focusing on marketing Star Wars to girls instead of focusing on the stories that already existed that had strong women characters.

The whole "forced" push to have Rey be the new Luke killed the sequel trilogy from the start.

I have no problem with a female lead, nor do most Star Wars fans, hell many of us have been clamoring for an Ahsoka series.

Disney just tried too hard to push Rey and the whole "Force is Female" shit that it really killed the excitement for fans that have been there since day one.

That and the terrible writing and dumb decisions like trying to include women in every aspect of Star Wars.

Whenever I play new Star Wars games on Xbox One or watch the new films, when they show female officers of the Empire or First Order, I'm like, GTFOH. Hearing a female voice as an Empire Commander takes me out of Battlefront 2. Dumb, I know, but why ruin a good thing.

The Empire was based on Nazi's. Hell, their uniforms looked like Nazi garb, yet Disney wanted to include women so bad they started putting them in the Empire and First Order?

That shit is just so unrealistic in this unreal galaxy we have grown accustomed to over generations.

The bad guys are almost ALWAYS CAC men.

When they started adding in Black and Asian females to the Empires ranks, it just reeked of forced inclusion with no real reason why.

There weren't any women in the Empire's ranks. Don't retcon that shit now.

There WERE women in the Rebel Alliance. X-Wing and Y-Wing pilots, hell Mon Mothma was the leader of the Rebel Alliance. Princess Leia...

I'm all for strong women characters so long as they give them something to do.

The way Disney set about making new Star Wars movies with female leads killed the excitement because these characters were just poorly written with no real reason to care for them.

Shit was corny in the sequel Trilogy. Corny in Rogue One. Corny in elements of Solo. The story mode in Battlefront 2.

Cara Dune, a strongman (woman) character CAN be an interesting character so long as they continue to allow her character to grow.

Bo Katan, Ahsoka, hell, would love to see Assajj Ventress make an appearance....

These are female characters that Disney could never create.

Hope we see more of them going forward. Favreau and Filoni seem to have a grasp of how to build their universe and satisfy all the fans without shitting on the past.

Last edited:

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
The Empire always came off as Nazis to me. Space White Supremacy so it is very weird.
Rey could have been cool if she was given more of a backstory. Just a nobody with all of the force powers in the world with nothing to struggle for.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah, I think Ben should be around 4 or 5 years old at this point.