Taylor Swift can't sing for shit. They feel sorry for her. So give her awards.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Bitch was horrible live at the grammy's. She needs to send Kanye a gift basket for helping her get where she is now. She fucking sucks.

Rossini

Rising Star
Registered
I like her songs. To each his own and kanye is a Jack ass.

:rolleyes:

l364951350000_1_18817.jpg

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
She sells records and sells a lot of them. But thats as a result of her being a country music singer. Country is the most popular form of music in the US AND the listener of country music is the type to buy a CD and not to download.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: She was bigger before Kanye even went at her. Didn't she sell like 8 million last year?

Grammy's is a popularity contest. The highes selling artist wins. That's why Em won best rap album of the year. The grammy's have always been suspect. This shit ain't new.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
I don't like her shit but I gotta admit she has some talent. She writes all her own shit which I can respect more than people who have songs written for them. That being said any man who likes her music should stick a knife in their navel.

Rossini

Rising Star
Registered
:smh::smh::smh::smh: no "Man" should like songs made for teenage white girls.

I don't like her shit but I gotta admit she has some talent. She writes all her own shit which I can respect more than people who have songs written for them. That being said any man who likes her music should stick a knife in their navel.

here is clevelandawg's response to ur comments. :smh:

you know, if i was to play this "what kind of music you like determines your sexuality" game, i could say the same about gangsta rap. whats gayer then men bragging about shit they do to impress other men? i wonder how many homo thugs running around in atlanta, don't listen to lady gaga, but bump the hell outta some waka flocka? :rolleyes::lol:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We talkin about this same shit in the lady gaga thread :smh: A few BGOL members have come out the closet.

I've never even heard of Taylor Swift until Kanye but you can't sit here and call someone gay because they listen to bitch shit. I listen to Jay-Z and the Clipse but that don't mean I sell white. :lol:

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
She sells records and sells a lot of them. But thats as a result of her being a country music singer. Country is the most popular form of music in the US AND the listener of country music is the type to buy a CD and not to download.

Ok I'm not usually the one to quote myself but I gottya fix a mistake I made. Country fans do download music. Check the quote I found:

In January 2010 Nielsen SoundScan lists Swift as the top-selling digital artist in music history with over 24.3 million digital tracks sold to date.[9]

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nielsen-soundscan-lists-taylor-swift-as-the-top-selling-digital-artist-in-history-80965892.html

camdion1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why is this even being discussed...Whats the % of Whites to Blacks in this country...not even close:smh:

sirwoodz

Rising Star
Registered
:smh::smh::smh::smh: no "Man" should like songs made for teenage white girls.

- and I bet that dude is either 16-21 years old...

the music industry is blurring genre's now..

it use to be if you like country u listen to country, rock you listen to rock, and so forth...now it's just all "POP"...

niggas just wanna listen to POP music now...if it ain't POP it ain't whassup...

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
so now ask yourself besides being white what makes her different than most of the black female singers out there???

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
so now ask yourself besides being white what makes her different than most of the black female singers out there???

this is easy

She don't dance :lol::lol::lol:

I reiterate NO STRAIGHT MAN SHOULD BE LISTENING TO TAYLOR SWIFT UNLESS HE HAS A DAUGHTER THAT LISTENS TO THE SHIT. I know of Hannah Montana, and Taylor swift cause my daughter likes them.

Rossini

Rising Star
Registered
this is easy

She don't dance :lol::lol::lol:

I reiterate NO STRAIGHT MAN SHOULD BE LISTENING TO TAYLOR SWIFT UNLESS HE HAS A DAUGHTER THAT LISTENS TO THE SHIT. I know of Hannah Montana, and Taylor swift cause my daughter likes them.

I never even heard of her until the kanye fiasco :dunno:

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
my point was that a lot of the popular booty popping black female artist can't sing either... Protools is a wonderful device.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: She was bigger before Kanye even went at her. Didn't she sell like 8 million last year?

Grammy's is a popularity contest. The highes selling artist wins. That's why Em won best rap album of the year. The grammy's have always been suspect. This shit ain't new.

They did not use to be that, that is one thing that some people had a problem with at the time, some of the people who won you never even heard of them at all. Now it seems it goes to the best selling artist and I know that was not the case when I was younger.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Awww, but how can you reject such a cute innocent face?

taylor_swift.jpg

She the embodiment of Jane. Of course she'll get hyped up especially in country music.

dlow

Rising Star
Registered
Bitch was horrible live at the grammy's. She needs to send Kanye a gift basket for helping her get where she is now. She fucking sucks.

She had the biggest selling album last year and she crossed every race and music genre. What else does shoe need to prove.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They did not use to be that, that is one thing that some people had a problem with at the time, some of the people who won you never even heard of them at all. Now it seems it goes to the best selling artist and I know that was not the case when I was younger.

Damn I don't know. Ever since I can remember the most popular artist has won. Some of those artists who were the most popular also happened to be some of the best talent as well.

LeftyLuchini

Star
Registered

not true. :hmm:

sirwoodz

Rising Star
Registered
not true. :hmm:

- for the most part it is...every now and again they give the album of the year award to obscure "non-popular" artists

and every year they nominate legitimate artists/albums but don't give them shit just to cover their asses...

but it ain't the oscars...the oscars will give an award to a small obscure film and performance over the big boys in a heartbeat and ain't shy about it...

LeftyLuchini

Star
Registered
- for the most part it is...every now and again they give the album of the year award to obscure "non-popular" artists

and every year they nominate legitimate artists/albums but don't give them shit just to cover their asses...

but it ain't the oscars...the oscars will give an award to a small obscure film and performance over the big boys in a heartbeat and ain't shy about it...

thakes from my post in another thread..

and ppl have to relieze the grammys arent a award of public popularity or record sales.
thats what the American Music and Billboard awards are for.
the Grammys are strictly for the industry to recognize its own.

if u wanna be nommed/win a grammy, u dont have to have the hottest record.
u just have to make yourself known and appreciated by the voting members of the recording academy.

by doing that u need to meet and greet/showcase for the voting members not just in LA and NY,
but ALL the regional chapters around the country.
even if u are a hip hop act,
go showcase for the regional chapter in nashville.
even tho thats a country music town,
they are still voting members that can get you nominated in your category.
if they know you and like you,
theyll vote for you.