Taylor Swift can't sing for shit. They feel sorry for her. So give her awards.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I like her songs. To each his own and kanye is a Jack ass.

:rolleyes:

l364951350000_1_18817.jpg

I hope you're a woman, if not you're a faggot or a cracka or a faggot cracka.

:roflmao3::roflmao3:

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Really Y'all,
The CD ain't that bad.
Girl's got talent.

Give it a few more years.
She'll have some serious longevity too.
Sometimes you can tell when someone's beyond a "flash in the pan", just hype, etc.

And for those of you with short memories,
Didn't Herbie Hancock with Album Of The Year a few years back.
And some of you here were like,
"WHO'S THAT OLD BLACK MF'ER?"

I'm not saying Swift's all that.
What I am saying is that we got some seriously musically-challenged peeps on board here. Hence my "Hancock" comment.

DV8ed

Rising Star
Registered
Really Y'all,
The CD ain't that bad.
Girl's got talent.

Give it a few more years.
She'll have some serious longevity too.
Sometimes you can tell when someone's beyond a "flash in the pan", just hype, etc.

And for those of you with short memories,
Didn't Herbie Hancock with Album Of The Year a few years back.
And some of you here were like,
"WHO'S THAT OLD BLACK MF'ER?"

I'm not saying Swift's all that.
What I am saying is that we got some seriously musically-challenged peeps on board here. Hence my "Hancock" comment.

I know you didn't just compare Herbie Hancock to Taylor Swift??? Herbie Hancock has played with most of the legends of jazz from the 60s (was a member of Miles Davis band) thru today. And it was in 1984 that he won a Grammy for Best R&B Instrumental with "Rockit". The video of the song won five MTV awards. Here is a list of his notable awards:

Academy Awards

* 1986, Original Soundtrack, for Round Midnight

Grammy Awards

1. 1984, Best R&B Instrumental Performance, for Rockit
2. 1985, Best R&B Instrumental Performance, for Sound-System
3. 1988, Best Instrumental Composition, for Call Sheet Blues
4. 1995, Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Individual Or Group, for A Tribute to Miles
5. 1997, Best Instrumental Composition, for Manhattan (Island Of Lights And Love)
6. 1999, Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocal(s), for St. Louis Blues
7. 1999, Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Individual Or Group, for Gershwin's World
8. 2003, Best Jazz Instrumental Album, Individual or Group, for Directions in Music: Live at Massey Hall
9. 2003, Best Jazz Instrumental Solo, for My Ship
10. 2005, Best Jazz Instrumental Solo, for Speak Like a Child
11. 2007, Album of the Year, for River: The Joni Letters
12. 2007, Best Contemporary Jazz Album, for River: The Joni Letters

Playboy Music Poll

* Best Jazz Group, 1985
* Best Jazz Keyboards, 1985
* Best Jazz Album - Rockit, 1985
* Best Jazz Keyboards, 1986
* Best R&B Instrumentalist, 1987
* Best Jazz Instrumentalist, 1988

Keyboard Magazine's Readers Poll

* Best Jazz & Pop Keyboardist, 1983
* Best Jazz Pianist, 1987
* Best Jazz Keyboardist, 1987
* Best Jazz Pianist, 1988
Other notable awards

* MTV Awards (5 awards in total) - Best Concept Video - Rockit, 1983-84
* Gold Note Jazz Awards - NY Chapter of the National Black MBA Association, 1985
* French Award Officer of the Order of Arts & Letters-Paris, 1985
* BMI Film Music Award "Round Midnight", 1986
* U.S. Radio Award "Best Original Music Scoring - Thom McAnn Shoes", 1986
* Los Angeles Film Critics Association "Best Score - Round Midnight", 1986
* BMI Film Music Award "Colors", 1989
* Soul Train Music Award "Best Jazz Album - The New Standard", 1997
* Festival International Jazz de Montreal Prix Miles Davis, 1997
* VH1's 100 Greatest Videos "Rockit" is "10th Greatest Video", 2001
* NEA Jazz Masters Award, 2004
* Downbeat Magazine Readers Poll Hall of Fame, 2005
* Album of the Year, 2007
* Harvard Foundation Artist of the Year, 2008

Herbie Hancock is a living legend, while Taylor Swift is a product of the disposable musical tastes the record companies push down everyone's throats.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I know you didn't just compare Herbie Hancock to Taylor Swift??? Herbie Hancock has played with most of the legends of jazz from the 60s (was a member of Miles Davis band) thru today. And it was in 1984 that he won a Grammy for Best R&B Instrumental with "Rockit". The video of the song won five MTV awards...

Herbie Hancock is a living legend, while Taylor Swift is a product of the disposable musical tastes the record companies push down everyone's throats.

OF COURSE I DIDN'T!!!

You totally missed my point.
I was referring to some folks here and their lack of knowledge about how the Grammys may work on any given year.

And I'm the LAST one you need to give some info to about Herbie Hancock.
I've had his stuff since the late 60s (Thanks GrandDad).

Herbie was about 14-16 years old when he started.
He wasn't respected yet either.

We ain't gonna know shit about Swift having a legacy for another decade at least down the line.
Besides, she's in Pop (plus CW). So of course she gonna be overly hyped.

But disposable?
Only time will tell.

malaki

Star
Registered
okay i just looked up her grammy performance...truth is telling truth.com. I can't believe anybody here is brave enough to defend her singing voice :lol:

terrible :smh:

HALO2

CONNOISSEUR OF FINE WOMEN
Registered
WTF!!!!!! T-Pain is a coon!!!
but this will be a hit with the teenyboppers.

Diamonds in my mouth and diamonds on my mic:dance:

You don't want to fight me, in my extra small white tee.

I like T pain.
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
taylor swift is for the white lil girls and teenagers...white people think she's a good girl and can't do no harm..that's why she's selling albums and winning awards...:smh::smh:...so oh well, no men shouldn't be listen to her fuckin music anyway...:angry::angry:

peace

Big Phil98

Star
BGOL Investor
Who cares about a white girl whom by the age of 25 will be musically euthanized. It is very rare that a white women past the age of 25 is taken seriously in music. White America is constantly looking for the new young gimmic. 10 years ago we were having this debate about Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Bitch was horrible live at the grammy's. She needs to send Kanye a gift basket for helping her get where she is now. She fucking sucks.
She can't sing live at anytime, I'm not a hater of her but I didn't think she deserved the award. In fact, I know damn sure she didn't.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
okay i just looked up her grammy performance...truth is telling truth.com. I can't believe anybody here is brave enough to defend her singing voice :lol:

terrible :smh:
The studio versions of her songs do sound better... Truth is, most artists sound like shit live nowadays and anybody who actually looked at the Grammies saw proof of that beyond Taylor Swift.

If Rhianna was a nobody and went before American Idol doing "So hard" for the first time, the bitch wouldn't make it to Hollywood. Song requires no singing ability and 80% of it isn't even singing. That's not what shit is about anymore, if it ever was to any extent...

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
She didn't have a better album than Lady Gaga. No way in hell.

You and your love for that dude...

this is easy

She don't dance :lol::lol::lol:

I reiterate NO STRAIGHT MAN SHOULD BE LISTENING TO TAYLOR SWIFT UNLESS HE HAS A DAUGHTER THAT LISTENS TO THE SHIT. I know of Hannah Montana, and Taylor swift cause my daughter likes them.

Ain't this some shit... "No straight man should listen to that music... Unless he's listening to it for the same reason as I am." :rolleyes:

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Who cares about a white girl whom by the age of 25 will be musically euthanized. It is very rare that a white women past the age of 25 is taken seriously in music. White America is constantly looking for the new young gimmic. 10 years ago we were having this debate about Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.

Interestingly enough, Britney is still hot.:hmm:

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Interesting how these threads bring out the closet garbage fans. WTF is wrong with niggas today? :smh::smh::smh:

Rick Ronson

Banned
:lol: @ niggas still seeking accolades from white America through the Grammys

I havent watched that shit in years.:smh:

They know who is gonna win they just mention or nominate the people you like
then you sit there and watch them give the award to whoever the fuck they feel.

thereason

Star
Registered
old girl is talented and all, and I love that she writes her own shit...but i've noticed everytime she performed love he voice sucks

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
old girl is talented and all, and I love that she writes her own shit...but i've noticed everytime she performed love he voice sucks

Ya'll keep saying she deserves credit for writing her own shit but Soulja Boy writes and produces his shit and its garbage lol. Is her shit even good? I don't even want to listen to that shit but the little snippets I saw on the Grammy's? Shit sounded like some generic pop songs being written. I think she's popular just because she filled a void. She's a 18 year old white girl who's innocent. They haven't had that shit since Britney.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:smh::smh::smh::smh: no "Man" should like songs made for teenage white girls.

Then no MAN should be in the Music Business producing, marketing, and playing on her records. Any fool with Music Business sense is going to go where the money is.

If that means checking out Swift's music and liking it enough to do one/all of the functions above, you gonna run away from that?

mildaddy

Potential Star
Registered
She sells records and sells a lot of them. But thats as a result of her being a country music singer. Country is the most popular form of music in the US AND the listener of country music is the type to buy a CD and not to download.

Glad the truth came out.