The Batman (2022) Starring Robert Patterson (Spoilers Discussion Thread)

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, if I didn’t have to work this weekend I would! I have to go to matinee showings because these people nowadays have no respect for shit. Talking all loud and shit throughout the entire movie, couples arguing and shit throughout the entire movie, kids asking 1500 fucking questions throughout the entire movie and shit! I go early these days just avoid that entire problem. Lol
Yes to the annoying ass people!

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Wont be any established ones(this is in its own universe remember)

Correct, and that’s if they actually use him. I heard they are doing Mr. Freeze next. That would be interesting to pull off in this noir world. I’m honestly trying to think which rogue’s gallery character would really be great for this look.

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
How did y’all like Catwoman? Sometimes her performance seemed forced but other times it flowed perfectly. She gave me a classic vibe to her. Like the old 50s type vibe. Her fighting style was good too. The chemistry between the Cat and the Bat wasn’t too over the top, but I wish they would’ve hinted at the attraction only. Just don’t follow through with it. The kiss felt too on the nose, but that’s a minor complaint.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How did y’all like Catwoman? Sometimes her performance seemed forced but other times it flowed perfectly. She gave me a classic vibe to her. Like the old 50s type vibe. Her fighting style was good too. The chemistry between the Cat and the Bat wasn’t too over the top, but I wish they would’ve hinted at the attraction only. Just don’t follow through with it. The kiss felt too on the nose, but that’s a minor complaint.
I thought she was good
If I was batman I would have smashed her on that table at that crime scene lol

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You know what we really need?

A @stretchwallz review of this film!!!

That brothers review would have been awesome!

Peace and Propers wallz miss you!

:cheers:
memorial-candles.gif

babygwirl18

Rising Star
Registered
Just saw it. The movie was pretty bad. Now where near on the level of any of the last 3.

Story ending was not good. Too many unbelievable things.

Ok let me update this. I don’t think it was a”bad” movie. It was probably like a 7. There was just so much hype, with people saying it’s the best ever. It’s not that.

There we’re some good parts. Robin Patterson did a great job with the character. And the riddler villain worked well. Jeffrey Wright as Commisioner Gordon worked ok, though the character was pretty one dimensional. And the costume and weapons were cool and realistic ( minus the bulletproof body armor.

The bad side is that everything was just not well developed. The cat woman character was all over the place - who is she? Why or how did she learn to fight? Why was she protecting thatRussian girl?
Her romance with Batman also made no sense.

Finally the end killed it. The fake riddler scene was silly, and Batman pulling people our of rubble is stupid.

Last edited:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Just saw it and I really enjoyed it. It will take some time to catch Bale’s Dark Knight, but the potential is definitely there.

Idk who Barry Keoghn is, as they’re pitting him as the next Joker that follows this reboot, but if they can bring Phoenix on board and pair him with Pattinson together for a Batman vs Joker film ... that might could be the home run.

I haven’t shown concern for DC films too much these days, but Joker and this have gained my curiosity.

Great stuff

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just got back with the wife and I will say this movie was excellent. The story the pacing the filming was all 7/10 but the soundtrack and music score especially the scenes with the new Vengencemobile were 10/10. Whoever the makeup artists were for Collin Ferrell should just get the Oscar now cause I had no idea that was him until I saw credits and my wife thought Collin was a cameo or she missed him until she saw the credits. We were skeptical about Pattinson but he was excellent as Batman a little not quite there as Bruce Wayne but he can grow into that in the next 2 movies. Zoe has never been an actress I checked for but she was hella sexy in this movie and I could see a little Denise Huxtable in her face and eyes. Peoples(Shaft)is maybe the most underrated actor in movies currently he is always excellent and lastly this version of the Riddler is THE best intrepretation ever of that villain if this the angle used for future villains we will see some great movies.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got a kick out everytime he showed up at the club's front door. It was a different way everytime. Such a nice touch. With the first time being the perfect tone setter. Dude shows up as Batman at the front damn door.

That speaks volumes for this being Batman's early years. Because eventually that would become something that would scare the shit out of you. That's worst than him just popping inside of your house. Because he's giving just enough time to think why he's there. Buy's it's already too late.

Last edited:

Dark08

Rising Star
Registered
anybody else think the kid in the beginning that was with the gang, is gonna show up again? maybe as a Robin? or Signal?

Isn't that the kid in Titans on HBO Max who wants to be Robin. Yeah he has a shorter haircut but I think that is him....

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Idk who Barry Keoghn is, as they’re pitting him as the next Joker that follows this reboot, but if they can bring Phoenix on board and pair him with Pattinson together for a Batman vs Joker film ... that might could be the home run.
He was in Eternals. Forgot his name but he was the one that wanted to save everyone.

And I thought Phoenix was going to be in the end credits as well

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Isn't that the kid in Titans on HBO Max who wants to be Robin. Yeah he has a shorter haircut but I think that is him....
Yeah looks like the one who played Tim Drake.

Oh it is him. Just checked IMDB. He'll definitely be Robin in the next one

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
He was in Eternals. Forgot his name but he was the one that wanted to save everyone.

And I thought Phoenix was going to be in the end credits as well
Got it. Haven’t seen Eternals yet which is why I probably don’t know him.

But yea, I really hope they sort out how to marry those two actors together. Seems like a no brained really.

Is Phoenix down for Joker 2? I heard he was having contractual issues or something.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Got it. Haven’t seen Eternals yet which is why I probably don’t know him.

But yea, I really hope they sort out how to marry those two actors together. Seems like a no brained really.

Is Phoenix down for Joker 2? I heard he was having contractual issues or something.
Thing is though, Bruce was really young when they met in Joker. This movie is probably 15 to 20 years later. That dude might make a good joker

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Ok serious spoiler we haven't talked about yet.....

Scroll thru if you don't want to see this spoiler...

Yo what the fuck was that shit batman injected himself with at the end?

Do yaw think that was a precursor to venom?!?

:eek2::eek2:
:eek2: