The Old Man | Official Trailer | FX

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Finished watching the series this morning.

Great series. Good level of suspense mixed with some action from keeping it complete a slo-burn series.

Overall, the current timeline plays out like a post-retirement James Bond series.

Hopefully in season 2 we get more information on Chase and Harper’s past. Definitely would like to see the young Chase in action. All we have seen is him standing around moping and talking.

Morgan has become interesting from us finding out he is “The Old Man” in relation to Chase and Harper. Hopefully we get more insight on his past.

Looking forward to season two.

wait what?

You didn't see the in the shadows sequence?

This show's ability to use tension as action to me has been eye opening.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Great series. Good level of suspense mixed with some action from keeping it complete a slo-burn series.

Overall, the current timeline plays out like a post-retirement James Bond series.

Hopefully in season 2 we get more information on Chase and Harper’s past. Definitely would like to see the young Chase in action. All we have seen is him standing around moping and talking.

Morgan has become interesting from us finding out he is “The Old Man” in relation to Chase and Harper. Hopefully we get more insight on his past.

Agreed.

Even though it would have been great having plenty more action scenes, I think it was wise only having a few of them.

Otherwise we would all have been collectively suspending our disbelief.

Lemme know if you have a chance to see season 1 of Reservation Dogs in the near future. Season 2 starts this coming week. It's a pretty quick watch with 8 episodes at 25 - 30 minutes apiece and you had asked about it recently.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member

Speaking of, props to the young Dan Chase and Harold Harper actors, those dudes were very convincing as the younger versions. Especially the Dan Chase dude, I squinted my eyes on the first few frames on some "is this a deepfake?!" type shit lol. Well done to those two dudes and hope we get a season 2.

Loved seeing Chris from the Wire up in here too, he did great in his role. Amy from Judging Amy as well.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
I’m just starting #4 after checking out this thread and being told it was good. It’s Sunday and I live in a high rise full of young people, so I had multiple stops due to lack of bandwidth for HULU. Just realized lts on FX, cable.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
it may have been billed as a spy movie, but there were sho nuff a bunch of twists and turns about pussai and money. So, Chase got rich because he ripped off the wife who knew where the copper, titanium, etc. was located and he invested in the company? Or, is it the same company that the Russian had that he invested in to get his attention? And, there was only one broker that could handle that trade?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Oh he ain't give her power with a money transfer

He gave her power by showing her money ain't sh*t living in fear ain't living and intelligence, conviction and a code trumps everything

He showed her respect and trust.

How to stop being a victim

to have her own agency

And gave her a chance to leave

She chose to stay.

And now she is willing to die to protect him

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

The Old Man Season 2 Release Window Revealed For Jeff Bridges' Hit Action-Thriller Show​

The Old Man season 2 will premiere in 2024, marking a two-year wait since season 1. The ending of season 1 suggests that the story could pick up in a big way for season 2 with a focus on character development and thrilling moments.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The Old Man Season 2 Release Window Revealed For Jeff Bridges' Hit Action-Thriller Show​

The Old Man season 2 will premiere in 2024, marking a two-year wait since season 1. The ending of season 1 suggests that the story could pick up in a big way for season 2 with a focus on character development and thrilling moments.

Oh f*ck yeah