Time running out to avoid crippling US port strike

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Starting pay for some teachers in nyc is 68,000… lot will make 6 figs overtime.. my aunt was a teacher for many yrs and was clocking 6 figs easy.. her husband was a teacher making over 100,000.. than became a principal where he was clocking over 200,000.. they own a brownstone, own various real estate.. I never knew what anybody was talking about when they started throwing out that bs myth that teachers don’t get paid.. I know several people that started making 60+ thousand a yr as teachers and are now 100+ thousand.. ny is not west bubble fuck people actually get paid in this state.. just like the myth that waiters don’t make shit well in the hospitality biz in ny lot of waiters are making 6 figs depending on where they work and let me not get into waiters for certain hotels some of them people are making 3-400 thousand a yr.. but you will never know this if you not in the know or actually know people in those sectors or around it.. lots of false info given out or false assumptions about peoples jobs/ careers cause a lot of people are naive.. hell some people probably look down at people that work for Costco not knowing some of them individuals clocking 80,000 and they not even managers.. like I said I remember several of my friends from highschool who just graduated at 17/18 were making 60-80,000 a yr working at circuit city.. think who the fuck would think a person that just helped you buy a tv was making that much and were teenagers, but guess what they were..lots of hidden bread and lots of false assumptions on what some genres actually make
I dont know anything about that bro. You know I am in NYC too. I started out as a teacher. $20,000/year in Harlem. Of course this was 20 years ago but had to be the same time frame as your aunt.

I remember a 50 year old teacher crying because he wasn't making enough to pay off his student loans. He was 50 and still had his loans.

I had to get outta there. I needed more money. If all that kinda money was around NYC I might be discriminated against cause I am short. I can't get many jobs because I am not given a chance.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I dont know anything about that bro. You know I am in NYC too. I started out as a teacher. $20,000/year in Harlem. Of course this was 20 years ago but had to be the same time frame as your aunt.

I remember a 50 year old teacher crying because he wasn't making enough to pay off his student loans. He was 50 and still had his loans.

I had to get outta there. I needed more money. If all that kinda money was around NYC I might be discriminated against cause I am short. I can't get many jobs because I am not given a chance.
Was you a substitute or something? I don’t know anybody that ever got paid that low unless you was some kinda substitute teacher and even than I think I know some that made more than you… height dosent mean anything I know a bunch of 5 foot nothings that are in diff job sectors making money.. custodian, plumbers, security, postal, hotel, cdl, retail, hospitality, etc

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Was you a substitute or something? I don’t know anybody that ever got paid that low unless you was some kinda substitute teacher and even than I think I know some that made more than you… height dosent mean anything I know a bunch of 5 foot nothings that are in diff job sectors making money.. custodian, plumbers, security, postal, hotel, cdl, retail, hospitality, etc
I'm glad you quoted this in your response. Extremely revealing quote.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
a large part would go to taxes and consumers might save money on all products.

nope-nah.gif

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
YO MAMA
What is extremely revealing is the DNA test on your kids.
Go look into that after today's shift at the pork chop factory.
Look, man, I didn't realize you were handicapped. I'm sorry. I'm gonna stop picking with you. I promise to get out my check book when I get home and I'll make out a SIZEABLE donation this year to the 'Autistic Downs Dwarfism Suffers for Police Fund'. Just please don't get me canceled

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Except we are being lied to about the real rate of inflation.
The changed the definition of recession and the definition of GDP right in front us.
But anyways if they get what they want, they will fuck it up for themselves and everyone else.
70% is beyond fucking stupid.
They all gonna get laid off just like the auto workers. Watch.
Let's mark my words.

You can't go against the workers bro, especially if your a worker.
We've seen these corporations take trillions since the pandemic and destroy the middle class.
Docks were being offered a %50 percent raise, %70 isn't going to ruin anything.
Especially if the inflation numbers aren't what they say they are, it's already ruined.
People work full time jobs and still qualify for welfare and work for the city and don't have the income to qualify to buy a house, let that sink in.

Inflation has gone up %25 since COVID pandemic so if your raise hasn't been that much in the past 5 years then you're getting fucked.
These dock workers will see a %12 increase each year, where most people get maybe a %3-%4 increase a year.
If inflation continues it will reach %30 by next decade which will put us at a %50 increase total increase.

Corporations have been flexing record profit all time highs at a time they say the economy is suffering, but we're supposed to be mad at the workers for asking for proper pay, don't go for the gaslighting.
It's like saying abolishing slavery will mess up the economy so we shouldn't do it because it will be inconvenient for all of us.
Corporate greed is crippling this economy not American workers.

Will prices increase? They already have and continue to.
Nothing is going to happen to this economy that isn't already happening or already happened.
America has not given up it's desire for cheap and free labor, it wants America on par with 3rd world countries which is why the immigration issue will never be solved. Automation is coming for the docks and trucking etc

Corporations do not want to pay workers a fair wages in comparison to rate of inflation.
Especially when losses still equal tax write offs for them and they can hire cheap labor elsewhere. It's a win win for them.
Corporations will keep trying to outperform their YOY record profits.

Nobody in this thread that works a normal 9-5 that isn't a multi-billionaire should be against these guys, this is your fight.
Eventually this fight will roll around to you and your industry because Americans need to experience what is happening at that level for them to make it make sense. Truckers may be next after this.

The only power we have is purchasing power. So how we spend our money matters. Trickle down economics hasn't worked in over 40 years.