Trailer: Jack Reacher 2 (Never Go Back) Update: NEW REACHER Amazon Prime SERIES RENEWED Season 3 SPIN OFF?!?

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I may be lost/wrong , but technically wouldn't this be the third movie. The second movie had Chris Pine as the lead. I thought the second movie was better than the first, but the first movie wasnt bad. It seemed like more of a pacing issue from what I remember.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I may be lost/wrong , but technically wouldn't this be the third movie. The second movie had Chris Pine as the lead. I thought the second movie was better than the first, but the first movie wasnt bad. It seemed like more of a pacing issue from what I remember.
what movie starred Chris Pine?

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
I saw parts of the 1st one gotta finish it, the car chase and the shoot out at the end was really good though.

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
2016 - Jack Reacher 2 (Not Yet Rated :dunno:)
Budget:
$96 million

They spent more money to make the sequel, than the $80M the original made in the US? That's a lot of pressure on this to succeed. Obviously it was a bigger hit than I thought. I originally thought it was just a side project for Cruise in between MI films. :dunno:

But like yall said, it's Tom Cruise :dunno:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They spent more money to make the sequel, than the $80M the original made in the US? That's a lot of pressure on this to succeed. Obviously it was a bigger hit than I thought. I originally thought it was just a side project for Cruise in between MI films. :dunno:

But like yall said, it's Tom Cruise :dunno:
to me 1 of his best slept on films was edge of tomorrow..that movie should've been way bigger than it was..that's actually a movie i actually watched more than once and in the past decade i think i mite have only did that for less than 20 movies that came out in the past 10 yrs..yep i really liked that edge of tomorrow..prob won't be a sequel to that but i wouldn't mind if they did 1

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
to me 1 of his best slept on films was edge of tomorrow..that movie should've been way bigger than it was..that's actually a movie i actually watched more than once and in the past decade i think i mite have only did that for less than 20 movies that came out in the past 10 yrs..yep i really liked that edge of tomorrow..prob won't be a sequel to that but i wouldn't mind if they did 1

Edge of Tomorrow was good. It seems like Cruise is pushing for a sequel for it too. Which would be dope. It also had a light debut here in the US, but did big numbers internationally. Hopefully Reacher 2 does great so that it'll open the door for future talks of EOT2...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Edge-Tomorrow-2-Happen-Here-What-Tom-Cruise-Says-74017.html

WILL EDGE OF TOMORROW 2 HAPPEN? HERE'S WHAT TOM CRUISE SAYS
BY SEAN O'CONNELL
de15832843c578bb5c287f39e2244f9e42202063d724c270af3b71d8001e7da4.jpg

Back in the day, sequels weren’t part of Tom Cruise’s game plan. He cranked out original movie after original movie, and Hollywood was happy. However, now that he’s promoting his fifth Mission: Impossible movie, Cruise seems to be singing a different tune… and is even coming up with story ideas for his own sequels, a rare event for sure.

Tom Cruise was in New York City to plugMission Impossible – Rogue Nation, and was asked by MTV about possibly following up his critically acclaimed sci-fi thriller Edge of Tomorrow. To our surprise, Cruise said that he had an idea for a sequel, saying:
I pitched it to [Christopher] McQuarrie and [Edge of Tomorrow director] Doug [Liman]. We were there one night and I was like, ‘I’ve got an idea for it.’ … It could be so much fun. Gotta get Emily [Blunt]. I was like, ‘Emily, please.’ She was like, ‘Give me another year, please.’"
Now, we are a long way from "Tom Cruise has an idea" to "I’ll see you at the World Premiere." But there’s hope. And if you saw Doug Liman’s thrilling movie, hope is good enough. Edge of Tomorrowunderperformed at the domestic box office when it hit theaters last year, despite incredible reviews and a strong push by the film critic community. Word-of-mouth helped the movie as it continued to screen, and it eventually crossed the $100-million mark. Barely.

As with many of Cruise’s movies, though,Edge did better overseas, banking a robust $369M internationally. That’s sequel money, particularly if the star can get his director and screenwriter on board. As he says, it’s very important to get co-starEmily Blunt involved. Her tenacity and fortitude as war veteran Rita was just as important to the success of the initial film, and audiences likely would want to see these two together on screen again in whatever adventure Cruise has planned.

What’s surprising, to a certain extent, is how open Cruise now appears to be on sequels after avoiding them for so many years. In addition to the Mission: Impossible franchise, Cruise is circlingTop Gun 2 and a second Jack Reachermovie. He’s also pitching Edge of Tomorrow 2. Has he turned a corner on the concept of sequels? Is it a bid to win back larger audiences? Or will he just balance passion projects with more sequels, the way other actors do? Either way, if they do a second Edge of Tomorrow, can we get a different title? Maybe Live. Die. Repeat. Repeat?

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
Edge of Tomorrow was the shit. :yes:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Actually I would like to see a sequel to

knightandday2d.jpg

Before edge of tomorrow or Jack reacher.

IMO reacher comes off like the Bourne series only he has his memory.

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
I like Cruise but he is physically (5'7"?) different than the character (6'5") in the books ...Have read them all, waiting for the next book to come out...Sometimes it's good to read books that don't require critical thinking...lol

Publication Order of Jack Reacher Books

Killing Floor (1997) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Die Trying (1998) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Tripwire (1999) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Running Blind (2000) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Echo Burning (2001) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Without Fail (2002) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Persuader (2003) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
The Enemy (2004) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
One Shot (2005) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
The Hard Way (2006) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Bad Luck And Trouble (2007) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Nothing To Lose (2008) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Gone Tomorrow (2009) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
61 Hours (2010) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Worth Dying For (2010) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
The Affair (2011) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
A Wanted Man (2012) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Never Go Back (2013) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Personal (2014) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Make Me (2015) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Night School (2016) Hardcover Paperback Kindle

Chronological Order of Jack Reacher Books
In chronological order, The Enemy would be the first book to read, as it takes place while Reacher is still in the Military. The Affair would be the next book to read, as it covers the end of Reachers Military career, and leads into Killing Floor.

After that, all books would go by the order that they were published. Persuader also had flashbacks to during Reacher's military career.

THANK YOU... wow... Im on it.

CO SIGN. COMPLETELY

short ass cac cant do that shit in real life

Yes he can fam - I SEEN that man in action. He doesn't look that small in real life, he just aint tall. As fast as he is, that is a man that will hit you a good three or four solid times before you get off your first punch. All the running, the endurance, that crazy look behind the eyes, and yes - HE believes that he can do all that shit and anyone that driven, is dangerous.

:lol:

oNE

Nu_lojik

Potential Star
Registered
That was my issue when I first heard Cruise as Jack Reacher but I think he sold it and made the role work, I liked the first movie though it's not my fav book, I am just missing the latest one now!

I get where you are coming from, but I read waaaaaay more than I watch movies and have become way too detail oriented when books become movies like how well The Game of Thrones has been done or with Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code series. I understand artistic license and all that, but that first movie lost me when I saw tiny tim as the lead character. Chris Hemsworth with how he bulked up for Thor would have been a much better option... or maybe not as Reacher is bit older than him

Star

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
White man gets arrested for no reason & has the cop arrested ?
Hum ?