Tucker Carlson out at Fox News effective immediately. Don Lemon fired from CNN

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Yeah, we'll see. faux noise just cutting liability because if Dominion settled for 787 mil, Smartmatic is sure to want as much or more.

He can still show up as a "guest" or whatever. motherfucker made millions spewing that poison, but...

he's feeding the hungry. The people who ingest that shit are people who are so programmed to hate that the only thing that will sustain them is hate.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
They let him go because he was speaking too much truth. Having guest like RFK Jr. Who question the covid lockdowns. And others who question the deep state's agenda such as the Ukraine war ect. I know you DNC operative ninjas on the board hate Tucker. But was one of the few on the right who wasnt afraid go against the system.
I can tell you which system he didn't go against...

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor

Don Lemon, CNN Star Anchor, to Leave the Network​

Mr. Lemon, one of the network’s most recognizable stars, had been under scrutiny since making remarks about women and aging in February that were widely perceived to be sexist.

Don Lemon during the second night of CNN’s Democratic presidential primary debate in Detroit in 2019. Mr. Lemon had a reputation as a fiery political commentator at the network.

By Michael M. Grynbaum, John Koblin and Benjamin Mullin
April 24, 2023, 12:16 p.m. ET

Don Lemon is out at CNN.
CNN said on Monday that it was parting ways with Mr. Lemon, a star anchor who was a fixture of the network’s prime-time lineup before enduring a short but controversial tenure as a morning show co-host.

“CNN and Don have parted ways,” the network said in a statement on Monday. “Don will forever be a part of the CNN family, and we thank him for his contributions over the past 17 years. We wish him well and will be cheering him on in his future endeavors.”
The network said Mr. Lemon’s morning show, which he hosted with Poppy Harlow and Kaitlan Collins, would continue. “‘CNN This Morning’ has been on the air for nearly six months, and we are committed to its success,” CNN said.

Mr. Lemon, 57, appeared on air on Monday morning as normal.
“I was informed this morning by my agent that I have been terminated by CNN,” Mr. Lemon said in a statement that he posted to Twitter. “I am stunned. After 17 years at CNN I would have thought that someone in management would have had the decency to tell me directly. At no time was I ever given any indication that I would not be able to continue to do the work I have loved at the network.”

One of CNN’s most recognizable stars, Mr. Lemon had a reputation as a fiery political commentator during his eight years as a prime-time anchor. But inside the network, he began to lose support after he made remarks in February about women and aging that were widely perceived to be sexist. The incident generated a national uproar and a rare public rebuke from CNN’s chairman, Chris Licht.

Mr. Lemon had asserted on-air that Nikki Haley, the 51-year-old Republican presidential candidate, “isn’t in her prime, sorry,” adding, “A woman is considered to be in her prime in her 20s and 30s and maybe 40s.” He dismissed the objections of his female co-hosts by responding, “I’m just saying what the facts are — Google it.” He later apologized to the CNN newsroom and agreed to a corporate training program to address his on-air behavior.

Allies of Mr. Lemon had hoped he would turn the page from the incident. But executives at CNN gradually concluded that his future at CNN had become untenable, according to two people who spoke on condition of anonymity because the internal discussions were sensitive.

In recent weeks, CNN’s bookers had discovered that some guests did not want to appear on-air with Mr. Lemon, and research on the morning show reviewed by CNN executives found that his popularity with audiences had fallen, one of the people said.

Monday’s announcement capped a dramatic fall for Mr. Lemon, who just seven months ago was happily ensconced in a prime-time anchor chair. His long-running 10 p.m. program, “Don Lemon Tonight,” drew fans for his spiky exchanges and pull-no-punches commentary on politics and the Trump White House.

Mr. Lemon imported that persona to “CNN This Morning,” but it was an awkward fit for an hour when many viewers — making breakfast and getting children off to school — want easygoing patter, not thundering monologues.

Tensions also emerged between Mr. Lemon and one of his co-anchors, Ms. Collins. In December, “CNN This Morning” crew members were rattled after a backstage incident where Mr. Lemon accused Ms. Collins of interrupting him too often.

Last edited:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
$787,000,000 payout and you didn't see this coming?

I doubt he's been fired over that lawsuit especially since other hosts were mentioned far more in the lawsuit and all of them bring in significantly less ratings and money than he does.

As suggested in an earlier post I think his text messages speaking against the company and management has more to do with it.

Still, as I said earlier, his being the biggest star on the network and having those rext messages leak made him too much of a liability to the company.

They would have opened themselves up to more litigation involving Tucker who has been sued before while also appearing "weak" for not addressing what was said about them.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Folks cheering like Newsmax and others like them won't hire him on the spot! This piece of shyt makes enough money with his own network/podcast. Also that settlement that FAUX News had...that money had to come from somewhere!

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is what I find most shocking.
His daddy is rich. Those outlets were just a way to pigeonhole his lousy ideology. He has a website. He can build his own latrine or he can latch on to an up and coming shithole network. Or he can wait for the former president to make him Vice President. That was a gossip he tossed out last summer.