Tucker Carlson out at Fox News effective immediately. Don Lemon fired from CNN

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

Don Lemon, CNN Star Anchor, to Leave the Network​

Mr. Lemon, one of the network’s most recognizable stars, had been under scrutiny since making remarks about women and aging in February that were widely perceived to be sexist.

Don Lemon during the second night of CNN’s Democratic presidential primary debate in Detroit in 2019. Mr. Lemon had a reputation as a fiery political commentator at the network.

By Michael M. Grynbaum, John Koblin and Benjamin Mullin
April 24, 2023, 12:16 p.m. ET

Don Lemon is out at CNN.
CNN said on Monday that it was parting ways with Mr. Lemon, a star anchor who was a fixture of the network’s prime-time lineup before enduring a short but controversial tenure as a morning show co-host.

“CNN and Don have parted ways,” the network said in a statement on Monday. “Don will forever be a part of the CNN family, and we thank him for his contributions over the past 17 years. We wish him well and will be cheering him on in his future endeavors.”
The network said Mr. Lemon’s morning show, which he hosted with Poppy Harlow and Kaitlan Collins, would continue. “‘CNN This Morning’ has been on the air for nearly six months, and we are committed to its success,” CNN said.

Mr. Lemon, 57, appeared on air on Monday morning as normal.
“I was informed this morning by my agent that I have been terminated by CNN,” Mr. Lemon said in a statement that he posted to Twitter. “I am stunned. After 17 years at CNN I would have thought that someone in management would have had the decency to tell me directly. At no time was I ever given any indication that I would not be able to continue to do the work I have loved at the network.”

One of CNN’s most recognizable stars, Mr. Lemon had a reputation as a fiery political commentator during his eight years as a prime-time anchor. But inside the network, he began to lose support after he made remarks in February about women and aging that were widely perceived to be sexist. The incident generated a national uproar and a rare public rebuke from CNN’s chairman, Chris Licht.

Mr. Lemon had asserted on-air that Nikki Haley, the 51-year-old Republican presidential candidate, “isn’t in her prime, sorry,” adding, “A woman is considered to be in her prime in her 20s and 30s and maybe 40s.” He dismissed the objections of his female co-hosts by responding, “I’m just saying what the facts are — Google it.” He later apologized to the CNN newsroom and agreed to a corporate training program to address his on-air behavior.

Allies of Mr. Lemon had hoped he would turn the page from the incident. But executives at CNN gradually concluded that his future at CNN had become untenable, according to two people who spoke on condition of anonymity because the internal discussions were sensitive.

In recent weeks, CNN’s bookers had discovered that some guests did not want to appear on-air with Mr. Lemon, and research on the morning show reviewed by CNN executives found that his popularity with audiences had fallen, one of the people said.

Monday’s announcement capped a dramatic fall for Mr. Lemon, who just seven months ago was happily ensconced in a prime-time anchor chair. His long-running 10 p.m. program, “Don Lemon Tonight,” drew fans for his spiky exchanges and pull-no-punches commentary on politics and the Trump White House.

Mr. Lemon imported that persona to “CNN This Morning,” but it was an awkward fit for an hour when many viewers — making breakfast and getting children off to school — want easygoing patter, not thundering monologues.

Tensions also emerged between Mr. Lemon and one of his co-anchors, Ms. Collins. In December, “CNN This Morning” crew members were rattled after a backstage incident where Mr. Lemon accused Ms. Collins of interrupting him too often.

His comments about women were bizarre as fuck especially from a veteran media personality.. .gay men got an issue with women and I suspect his gayness tripped him up

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like he got his card pulled. Maybe I can get some representation in the morning now.

Elevate that brother from Kennesaw State to the morning show, he's as close as we might get to a brotherman.
Don Lemon being fired isn't really surprising, it was just a matter of time.

He's been on the chopping block for a while and honestly seems like an asshole who was feeling himself too much.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

These are rampant and hurt promoting unionization, I believe management should want it. What if I could fix my rent increases to nothing by colluding with other renters, what incentive would I have in getting a mortgage?

The DOJ needs to get involved, what is the statisical probability that two networks would terminate an anchor like this on the same day. It is a shrewd PR move to avoid accusations of racism, timing your firing with a white anchor.

tim-malone-and-fiancee-don-lemon-pose-at-the-opening-night-news-photo-1135805466-1564088808.jpg

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don Lemon out at CNN

Translation: I sucked so much d and bent over backwards

only to be discarded like a gay crackhead in the hood... Im gonna

let you know I will be crying about this for years to come....

LOL.. bruh don lemon used to love them chickens, now that they coming home to roost

He feelin some type of way....

Even faggots get negro wake up calls!! that fuckin agent.. he thought shit was sweet...

Lots of weak bruhs that rather bend over and suck dick then stand strong and be a real knigga,

gonna get a lot of wake up calls... that whole faggot movement is backfiring... its not attracting the people they want it to attract...

disney and budweiser gonna learn the hardway bruh!!! People are starting to push back on the fag agenda... Dont care if Biden administration is all for it..

you attach yourself to that... you begging to be dismayed bruh!!

don lemon thought he was safe, he was a faggot and even got a cac male lover an still

got the boot!!!

I dont wish negativity on anyone, I just want to see normalcy restored...don lemon considers

himself a "black" male that sucks dick and is a beta to male cacs...

yea we really dont need that type of leadership for our youth... good riddance...!!!

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For a lot of you that claim to not like Fox,don't watch fox,,fuck fox and some more shit are in here chattering around some cac that's been fired.I've seen that revenge of the Nerds guy before but I don't know who what and where he worked.....

I'm not shocked about Don at all because he started talking about black issues and questioning people them cac didn't like that.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: the pro-whites will always be collateral damage if the so-called white man experiences a setback. Not sure how many times it has to happen for you pro-whites to understand this and break ties.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
For a lot of you that claim to not like Fox,don't watch fox,,fuck fox and some more shit are in here chattering around some cac that's been fired.I've seen that revenge of the Nerds guy before but I don't know who what and where he worked.....

I'm not shocked about Don at all because he started talking about black issues and questioning people them cac didn't like that.
you don't have to watch fox to know what goes on there. their station is the propaganda arm of the republican party. they MAKE news, literally and figuratively. any half informed person is familiar with them and how they've damaged this country.