TV Discussion: Star Wars new series Acolyte on Disney +

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Acolyte
Episode 8 - Season Finale

I just watched this one this afternoon at home.

Nothing for an impressive ending. It was all predictable.

That cat Qmir, I now think he is not full Sith. Good chance he tapped into the darkside and has not managed to go full evil with it. I suspect he must have stumbled upon a Sith Holocron or an abandoned Sith Temple somewhere and from there, is where he increased his skills in the dark side. They debuted some sinister cat in the shadows, so it’s obvious he has struck the interest of someone out there who is a certified Sith Lord.

Overall, it’s a slow burn series. It plays out like a crime drama. They could have taken the story and used it for a series of episodes on “NCIS” or “Criminal Minds”.

Yoda debuts in a non talking cameo in the final scene.

I’m not sure where they plan on going with this series. Time will tell.

If I was doing it, being it started 100 years prior to Episode One, I would make each season a 20 year time jump with the final season going into Palpatine origins. The final series scene would lead directly into the opening scene of Episode One.

For now, we will wait and see what Disney has planned. They didn’t just throw this series out there for shits and giggles, it’s obvious they have long term plans to take this series out for about 3 or 4 seasons.

We will wait and see…

MV5BY2RlMmMyNzktNmE1Zi00MWMzLWFkMGEtMzU5OWFhMGMzMzhkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQzNTA5MzYz._V1_.jpg
I wonder do these people know anything about the source material before decide to film shit like this trash and the last 3 Star Wars films. This series right here basically says there's nothing particularly special about Anakin Skywalker.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I wonder do these people know anything about the source material before decide to film shit like this trash and the last 3 Star Wars films. This series right here basically says there's nothing particularly special about Anakin Skywalker.
That is the problem. Setting up how Anikin was created sounds great. Like make these bitches unstable so you learn from the mistake is dope. But making these bitches just undeserved power houses is lazy writing. Bitch couldn't force fold a napkin, but she puts on a bootleg Magneto helmet and she can force choke to death a Jedi Master and overload a light Sabre? Galactic trash.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
This was the worst piece of shit I have seen in a while.
Absolutely, an insult to star wars and our intelligence
The Acolyte
Episode 8 - Season Finale

I just watched this one this afternoon at home.

Nothing for an impressive ending. It was all predictable.

That cat Qmir, I now think he is not full Sith. Good chance he tapped into the darkside and has not managed to go full evil with it. I suspect he must have stumbled upon a Sith Holocron or an abandoned Sith Temple somewhere and from there, is where he increased his skills in the dark side. They debuted some sinister cat in the shadows, so it’s obvious he has struck the interest of someone out there who is a certified Sith Lord.

Overall, it’s a slow burn series. It plays out like a crime drama. They could have taken the story and used it for a series of episodes on “NCIS” or “Criminal Minds”.

Yoda debuts in a non talking cameo in the final scene.

I’m not sure where they plan on going with this series. Time will tell.

If I was doing it, being it started 100 years prior to Episode One, I would make each season a 20 year time jump with the final season going into Palpatine origins. The final series scene would lead directly into the opening scene of Episode One.

For now, we will wait and see what Disney has planned. They didn’t just throw this series out there for shits and giggles, it’s obvious they have long term plans to take this series out for about 3 or 4 seasons.

We will wait and see…

MV5BY2RlMmMyNzktNmE1Zi00MWMzLWFkMGEtMzU5OWFhMGMzMzhkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQzNTA5MzYz._V1_.jpg
Damn, even bgols biggest Disney shill knows this was trash juice.
Gawd this was awful. So many potholes and bullshit. This isn't woke, or any other incel talking point, it's just shitty writing. Take the jedi out of it, and picture it as a cop show and you'll see what I mean.
Exactly, that's why I know those channels that review this shit and only talk about race and sex are racist grifters, there is literally no need to talk about anything political to trash this show to hell and back, it is pure shit all in its own.
And people still shilling this like crazy on Twitter.. #RenewTheAcolyte trying to trend :rolleyes:
Of course, those aren't star wars fans, they're Disney star wars fans. It's the same kids who grew up in twilight and bullshit like that.
They know nothing and have an agenda to rewrite and destroy anything sacred to George Lucas and his vision. Kathleen Kennedy clearly hates George and wants to destroy everything good about the Jedi. Fuck her and fuck this show.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Fuck Leslie headass

Fuck cuntleen Kennedy

Hell fuck George Lucas for being a greedy bastard and selling star wars to these greedy corporate assholes, he basically sold his creation to the evil empire...thanks George.

Fuck amandala.... no seriously anyone got her number? That non acting bitch is fine as fuck...

Happy for squid game and anyone else who died on the show and no longer needs to be in this trash show. Wish Manny would have died, he's way to good for this soap opera level trash.

Fuck this show.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Cracks me up that you cats think George Lucas did great stuff when he owned the properties.

My opinion is the only project he did that was his best was Clone Wars. It would have been a perfect series if he had finished it, but like all his projects, he left it unfinished.

Netflix picked it up and had plans to finish it and put out Season 6.

Disney purchased the franchise and took control of it and wrapped it up with Season 7.

Trust me, if the internet/social media was around back in 1977, Star Wars would have bombed and probably would have been a one hit wonder.

Cats would have went insane with Princess Leia mouthing off and talking Smack in majority of her scenes.

Cats would have declared the film racist being there were no Black folks in the whole film (James Earl Jones don’t count cuz he is not seen).

Cats would have said it was completely stupid that one inexperienced X-Wing pilot with no training in the Force could have destroyed the Death Star.

And writing….that film had a million and one plotholes starting with the opening screen scroll.

What made it stand out was no Sci-Fi film prior to it had the look and feel of it. It didn’t look cheap and cheesy.

The two films that followed added with the plotholes leaving a ton of questions. Those two would have been destroyed by social media/internet if it existed.

I would say majority of folks who complain about Disney/SW are usually the ones who read the EU books and other content. I didn’t read any of that stuff, but being it was literature, they were able to go more in-depth with the content unlike the live/animated productions. It’s like that with any literature.

People like me who have only watched the media SW, we mainly watch it for what it is and that’s that….Entertainment.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Cracks me up that you cats think George Lucas did great stuff when he owned the properties.

My opinion is the only project he did that was his best was Clone Wars. It would have been a perfect series if he had finished it, but like all his projects, he left it unfinished.

Disney purchased the franchise and took control of it and wrapped it up with Season 7.

Trust me, if the internet/social media was around back in 1977, Star Wars would have bombed and probably would have been a one hit wonder.

Cats would have went insane with Princess Leia mouthing off and talking Smack in majority of her scenes.

Cats would have declared the film racist being there were no Black folks in the whole film (James Earl Jones don’t count cuz he is not seen).

Cats would have said it was completely stupid that one inexperienced X-Wing pilot with no training in the Force could have destroyed the Death Star.

And writing….that film had a million and one plotholes starting with the opening screen scroll.

What made it stand out was no Sci-Fi film prior to it had the look and feel of it. It didn’t look cheap and cheesy.

The two films that followed added with the plotholes leaving a ton of questions. Those two would have been destroyed by social media/internet if it existed.

I would say majority of folks who complain about Disney/SW are usually the ones who read the EU books and other content. I didn’t read any of that stuff, but being it was literature, they were able to go more in-depth with the content unlike the live/animated productions. It’s like that with any literature.

People like me who have only watched the media SW, we mainly watch it for what it is and that’s that….Entertainment.
Your first sentence proves you're a fucking idiot Disney shill, Just shut the fuck up.

Are you really talking about plot holes when you defend Disney star wars Disney bitch? I already proved your slow adult ass that you don't know the difference between a or hole a plot contrivance or your head from your mickey mouse worshipping ass.

Your entire post is dumb as fuck, too to bottom. Go suck a mouse dick Disney bitch.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Dumb ass.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
You pissed off with the Acolyte.

Hope you got your heart medicine ready when the Jude Law SW series debuts later this year.

Cuz you ain’t seen nothing yet.

HaHa!!!

fttnuvgveaeulbq-1653592244352.jpg
I'll give it a fair chance like anything else as an actual star wars fans as opposed to you that just sucks at the cock of Disney and shits on the it like it isn't one of the most revolution series of films in history. Your last post has shown everything I've said about you to be true. You're a dumb ass.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

You're wrong 100%

The original Star Wars was only entertainment. It was a classic Joseph Campbell story set in space.

Motherfuckers were more misogynistic in the 70's. It was a fantasy tale and you didn;'t worry about plot holes because the plot was about compelling characters. I haven't read any of the books. Hell, I haven't seen much of the animated series either.

The Acolyte and pretty much all of Disney Star Wars has been pure trash because the only compelling characters they have had is The Mandolorian and Grogu.

Let me ask you a question, who was the hero in this series?

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
You're wrong 100%

The original Star Wars was only entertainment. It was a classic Joseph Campbell story set in space.

Motherfuckers were more misogynistic in the 70's. It was a fantasy tale and you didn;'t worry about plot holes because the plot was about compelling characters. I haven't read any of the books. Hell, I haven't seen much of the animated series either.

The Acolyte and pretty much all of Disney Star Wars has been pure trash because the only compelling characters they have had is The Mandolorian and Grogu.

You're wasting time talking to an absolute idiot.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
You're wrong 100%

I made my points earlier.

No need to go back and forth going in circles extending the thread another 3 pages.

We will just agree to disagree.

There was no specific “Hero” in the Acolyte as well as no “Villain”.

The primary story was the origin of the “Twins”.

Similar to Episode One. There was no “Hero”, the film was basically the origin of Anakin.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
You're wrong 100%

The person you're going back and forth with is an idiot.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I made my points earlier.

No need to go back and forth going in circles extending the thread another 3 pages.

We will just agree to disagree.

There was no specific “Hero” in the Acolyte as well as no “Villain”.

The primary story was the origin of the “Twins”.

Similar to Episode One. There was no “Hero”, the film was basically the origin of Anakin.
Idiot.
The person you're going back and forth with is an idiot.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The World of 'The Acolyte' Expands With 5 Brand-New Books Unveiled at SDCC

New novels and comics featuring Kelnacca and Vernestra Rwoh from The Acolyte have been announced at SDCC. Art books for The High Republic and the upcoming Outlaws video game are also coming soon. More Star Wars books, comics, and figures are set for release, offering fans even more content from The Acolyte series.

By Adam Blevins
July 25, 2025

the-acolyte17.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

With Neilson ratings and especially streaming ratings.

Their numbers do not account for how many eyeballs are actually looking at the screen when the program is on.

They based their numbers on the Master Account of that streaming service.

So with me, in my home is me, wife and two sons. The Disney+ account is in my name.

If we are sitting there together watching the Acolyte together, the algorithms is only going to show my account being it’s in my name.

So it’s “One” viewer.

The algorithms do not account for whoever else is in the room watching the program with me….and that’s even if I’m even in the room watching it or at home and just my wife/kids are watching it or just one of my sons and nobody else.

So ratings are just a “Guesstimate” of who is watching. The numbers most likely are higher.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Their numbers do not account for how many eyeballs are actually looking at the screen when the program is on.

So with me, in my home is me, wife and two sons. The Disney+ account is in my name.

If we are sitting there together watching the Acolyte together, the algorithms is only going to show my account being it’s in my name.

So it’s “One” viewer.

The algorithms do not account for whoever else is in the room watching the program with me….and that’s even if I’m even in the room watching it or at home and just my wife/kids are watching it or just one of my sons and nobody else.

So ratings are just a “Guesstimate” of who is watching. The numbers most likely are higher.

Kaboom

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

So it’s “One” viewer.

But that accounts for all streaming content so all streaming content is rated on the same scale. The show is still performing at the bottom of Star Wars streaming content.