TV Discussion: The Suicide Squad spin-off series Peacemaker ft John Cena Update: Confirmed season 2

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
woosah-ears.gif

don't let dem stress you bro!
I won't, fam. I'm trying to be a more active member on BGOL again to keep my sanity.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘Peacemaker’ Season 2 Begins Production as James Gunn Shares Helmet Pic

DC Studios co-chairman and co-CEO James Gunn took to Instagram on Saturday to reveal a selfie reflected in Peacemaker’s signature headgear. Gunn simply titled the picture “Day 1 S2. ��*♂️.” The mermaid emoji is a nod to the show’s fans, as in the first season Vigilante (Freddie Stroma) revealed it was his favorite emoji, saying it means “happy, sad and everything in between.”

By William Earl
April 13, 2024

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It is a surprisingly decent show. They need to take their time and make sure the second season is as good or better than the first. Shows have a hard time following up on good first seasons. Case in point True Detective.

It's been over 2 years, I think they are taking their time. But Gunn has such a full plate I am a little worried

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
It's been over 2 years, I think they are taking their time. But Gunn has such a full plate I am a little worried
Yeah, we don't know how far into the back burner this show has been pushed. So even if it has been two years you really don't know if they've been focused on this show at all. Hopefully, they don't just rush something out there to get it back on air.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, we don't know how far into the back burner this show has been pushed. So even if it has been two years you really don't know if they've been focused on this show at all. Hopefully, they don't just rush something out there to get it back on air.

I really don't worry about that with Gunn. He is in charge he sets his schedule. But to WRITE AND DIRECT?

that's crazy to me.

Remember there was intially talk of NOT doing another season and having a Waller spin off.

Gunn is prolific with this stuff. To write it direct it edit on the day on set to an extent shows you dealing with a one of one. And especially with his wife involved he isn't going to fumble.

No one PERIOD that show would work and it far exceeded expectations and accidently on purpose created one of the greatest non animated opening sequence in modern tv history.

Challenge now? Ok make ANOTHER HIT SEASON.

Good luck.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
I really don't worry about that with Gunn. He is in charge he sets his schedule. But to WRITE AND DIRECT?

that's crazy to me.

Remember there was intially talk of NOT doing another season and having a Waller spin off.

Gunn is prolific with this stuff. To write it direct it edit on the day on set to an extent shows you dealing with a one of one. And especially with his wife involved he isn't going to fumble.

No one PERIOD that show would work and it far exceeded expectations and accidently on purpose created one of the greatest non animated opening sequence in modern tv history.

Challenge now? Ok make ANOTHER HIT SEASON.

Good luck.
I don't have any doubts Gunn can knock it out the park but I don't know his schedule either. If he had decided to not do a second season, I, personally, would've been fine with that too.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't have any doubts Gunn can knock it out the park but I don't know his schedule either. If he had decided to not do a second season, I, personally, would've been fine with that too.

^^^^^

Agreed.

He just finished Superman it's in post production now. He doing animated and the TV stuff. He says he can handle it all.

Good luck to him

But personally? We don't need MORE.

We need good.

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^^^

Agreed.

He just finished Superman it's in post production now. He doing animated and the TV stuff. He says he can handle it all.

Good luck to him

But personally? We don't need MORE.

We need good.
Agreed. Would prefer quality over quantity. DC is still way behind marvel. Stop trying to compete and put out good work instead of rushed content. We viewers can tell