TV Discussion: The Suicide Squad spin-off series Peacemaker ft John Cena Update: Confirmed season 2

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
amazingly unexpected pleasant surprise

I am really shocked by how much i enjoyed this show
something about the mix of sincere heart, over the top violence, sophmoric comedy and actors I like

this a show that 40 year old G loved and 14 G would've loved as well

and I am the only one tha watched the opening credits every episode

and loved the cameos at the end

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
something about the mix of sincere heart, over the top violence, sophmoric comedy and actors I like

THIS was brilliant
damn near perfect
Gun has such a SPECIFIC version that he stays so true to
I PERSONALLY think he went OVERBOARD (deliberately or not) with Suicide Squad and messed that movie up
but with THIS?
perfect restraint smart heartfelt FUNNY raunchy adult comic book geek humor
I can't say enough about how has been able to MAINTAIN that voice from day one.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

and loved the cameos at the end

Nope you are not

but I did not watch EVERY time but more often then I ever thought I would

sidebar..

I actually did NOT like them using the same song in the middle of the episode

did NOT work for me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Let us NOT ignore just HOW MUCH F*CKING MONEY was on that screen
and WELL SPENT
but it proves you gotta be all in and invest.
You ALWAYS see the difference when the studio is invested and supports a project
WITH THEIR WALLET.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Like I said fuck the pg 13 shit bring in the darkness of comic books.. go to the catalog of individuals that nobody knows and just release a bunch of movies.. why I liked watchmen so much cause I knew nothing about the characters and it wasn’t all kiddie..it showed being a superhero sucks and it was bloody.. this is your niche dc.. go full dark.. I liked this show can’t wait to season 2

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
@ViCiouS

I THINK this is THEIR Feige
Just LET him control the universe.
gotta have SOME RESTRAINTS
but I think he has shown he UNDERSTANDS this SPECIFIC VERSION of the DC universe
Just let this man have ALL the toys and let him go.
Nah then DC will become the generic wuipy shit that marvel has become. People are starting to wake up to their shit.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Peacemaker star John Cena talks season finale and those very surprising cameos

Actor calls episode "a big gamble" by writer-director James Gunn.
By Clark CollisFebruary 17, 2022 at 07:31 PM EST

Warning: This article contains spoilers for the season 1 finale of Peacemaker.
Well, now we know why Peacemaker actor Steve Agee told EW that writer-director James Gunn was "giddy" shooting the season 1 finale of the HBO Max show. Thursday's episode saw John Cena's titular superhero and the rest of the show's black ops team engaged in a bloody face-off against the people-possessing extraterrestrial "butterflies." But we're guessing what made Gunn really happy was convincing the DCEU head honchos to have the Justice League belatedly turn up at the end and allow Cena's character to insult Jason Momoa's Aquaman in typically crude fashion ("Go f--- another fish, asshole.")
Earlier today, EW spoke with Cena about that moment, the news of the show's renewal, and his just-announced movie Coyote vs. Acme.
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What do you remember about shooting the finale?
JOHN CENA:
I remember a moment that will certainly have the internet talking. I still don't want to spoil anything for anybody. I just remember the evening that we filmed that moment and knowing that it gave a certain validity to Peacemaker. I felt very proud of that moment. I thought it was a big gamble by James, but he gambles big a lot, and I'm really glad it paid off. I'm really thankful for everyone, knowing they didn't have to be involved. I haven't had a chance to meet everybody involved and thank them in person but I'm so very grateful for us to be able to capture that moment, because that [lifted] Peacemaker up quite substantially in the superhero hierarchy.

How much fun was it to say the line, "Go f--- another fish asshole"?
Man, like I said, I was very proud of that moment for what it represented. I think a thread through all the episodes was Peacemaker's jealousy towards all these superheroes. He just wants to belong, he just wants to fit in, and I think that was a great way of expressing that he's been through hell and back, and saying he was finally on everyone's level, or at least in his eyes he is. It's just a joke, and certainly one that has a lot of folks talking, because people feel a certain way about it, and I think that's very interesting, but it's not just a joke. It's [about] Peacemaker's jealousy for the other superheroes.
This was a very action-heavy episode. What was that like to shoot?
It was fun. If you watch Peacemaker in its totality there's a ton of action in it, but a lot of it is us getting our asses kicked. We kind of "live to fight another day" a lot and this is the first time you can see everybody unleashed. I'm glad it built up to the end and you really get to see why some of the main players were put on the team in the first place.

It was nice to see all the jokes throughout the season about Steve Agee's John Economos dyeing his beard paying off and in a surprisingly emotional fashion.
Yeah. You know what? I just had a long conversation with my wife about that, because originally, when I read the scripts, that joke stood out, but not in a funny way. I think that's brilliant, because Peacemaker is a bully, and a lot of times that bully-type personality isn't really the wittiest, it's not like the bully can do a half-an-hour stand-up set, and the stuff that they says isn't really funny. It's also offensive. People around [Peacemaker] are like, 'yo, you shouldn't be saying this, not only is it not funny, it's offensive.' I loved Steve's monologue in the finale because it really allowed Peacemaker to reflect on like, I've been busting this guy's balls, thinking that's how we kind of bond, and all the while he's been telling me he doesn't like it, but I've just brushed it off. I thought it was great because that joke is not funny for a reason and it showcases Peacemaker's bully personality. At all costs, he wants to put people below him for his own self-confidence. I thought Steve just knocked it out of the park, I thought it was really brilliant.
James Gunn confirmed yesterday that there is going to be a second season of Peacemaker, congratulations! Have you talked with him about what that might involve?
I have a lot of conversations with James and the words "thank you" and "grateful" come up a whole hell of a lot. James Gunn literally changed the trajectory of my life, and I thank him every day, and I have full faith and trust in him, and I'm not going to badger him about what season 2 is about. I know he's got his plate full right now (Gunn is currently shooting Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3), and I know he wouldn't sign on to something if he didn't have an idea. So I won't ask him anything. He's just going to send me the script one day and that's the signal to get the band back together, no questions asked. That's how the first one came about, that's how The Suicide Squad came about, and that approach hasn't failed me yet.
Would you like to see Harcourt and Peacemaker try to make it as a couple?
Having spent a whole lot of time with WWE, we have a term called "fantasy booking" where you make the matches you want to see. That's all well and good, and it's fun to talk about, but I don't make the matches! I'm a performer. So, my answer is irrelevant because I'm not writing the story. We can talk about it all day but it would have no sense of authenticity because I don't control those choices.
It has been announced that you will be starring in a new Looney Tunes film called Coyote vs. Acme. Can you tell us anything about that?
Man, I'm very fortunate because it's a different role for me, so I can't wait. I'm able to do a smaller film called The Independent, which is a different role for me, and Peacemaker has been an entirely different role for me. A lot of audience members have a different perspective of what I can offer and that's a really tough hill to climb. Acme vs. Coyote is one of those situations. I'm really happy that Warner Bros. gave me another opportunity to be involved with something that. Like I said, it's a different role for me and hopefully it will have the same result as Peacemaker, it will be a chance to hone my craft on something a little different. I'm really excited for it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Peacemaker’s Wonder Woman Shares BTS Look At Gal Gadot’s DCEU Costume
Kimberley von Ilberg, who portrayed Wonder Woman in Peacemaker's season one finale, shares an exciting BTS photo of Gal Gadot's DCEU costume.

BY ELLIE CLARKPUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO

Kimberley von Ilberg, who portrayed Wonder Woman in Peacemaker's season 1 finale, has shared a BTS photo of Gal Gadot's DCEU costume. Following the incredible success of James Gunn's DC debut The Suicide Squad, which hit theatres last summer, one of the film's more memorable characters Peacemaker went on to receive his own HBO series. Peacemaker follows John Cena's character in his endeavors in saving the world post-The Suicide Squad. The final episode of Peacmaker season 1 surprised fans with a handful of cameos from members of Justice League. While Ezra Miller's The Flash and Jason Momoa's Aquaman made official cameos within the episode, Wonder Woman and Superman remained in the shadows.

Gadot originated her role as Wonder Woman in 2016's Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice before receiving her own stand-alone film, Wonder Woman, a year later. The character has since had a major impact on the DCEU as a whole, with Gadot appearing most recently in the follow-up to her 2017 solo feature, Wonder Woman 1984. With Wonder Woman 3 currently in the early stages of production with director Patty Jenkins set to return, the future is certainly looking bright for Diana Prince. While Wonder Woman's brief cameo within Peacemaker did not see Gadot return this time around, von Ilberg, who stood in as Gadot's body double for the short scene, has now shared an exciting behind-the-scenes photo of the iconic Wonder Woman costume.

Taking to Instagram to express her excitement, von Ilberg shared a mirror selfie in her full Wonder Woman get-up. The photo offers a close-up look at Gadot's usual armor, including her golden boots and cuffs. Von Ilberg bears a strong resemblance to the Wonder Woman star, as the post's caption reveals that the costume and wig came directly from Gadot's wardrobe. The Peacemaker star shared that she felt "blessed" to wear the costume, revealing that it has been her "coolest gig by far!" Check out von Ilberg's post below.

Peacemaker stars Steve Agee and Jennifer Holland recently expressed their excitement at the surprise Justice League cameos. The pair revealed that it was "so crazy to shoot" as none of the characters were digitally added, with Momoa and Miller present on set alongside both von Ilberg and Brad Abramenko, who body doubled for Henry Cavill's Superman. It was also later revealed that both Batman and Cyborg were set to appear in the scene, but were cut due to reasons that are currently unknown.

Given the incredibly brief nature of Wonder Woman's cameo in Peacemaker, it's certainly interesting to see that so much effort was put into meticulously recreating Gadot's appearance, even down to using the same wig. With Peacemaker having now opened the door for a number of potential DCEU crossovers, it's fair to assume that audiences could see Cena's beloved anti-hero cross paths with Wonder Womam at some point in the future. In the meantime, perhaps von Ilberg will be brought on board for Wonder Woman 3, as she certainly makes for a spot-on stand-in for Gadot.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
The rock as a cowboy, Funny but still the rock, almost like a snl host. I don't see John Cena as peacemaker I see peacemaker. It's personal preference and I'm not trying to disparage the rock, I'm a fan since the rocky miavia days lol
I agree with you. John Cena's acting ability seems to be getting better and it wasn't bad to begin with. The Rock still acts with the same ability as he did in the 00s when he was doing The Scorpion King and cameos on That 70s Show.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
I tried to like this shit but it was a little left of something. I had a lot of potential but just seemed to be all over the place. Was it drama? comedy, action? what? I thought both SS movies had a better grip on the mixture of genre than this series. I like JCena but just something about this i could not fuck with. After watching the first 4 episodes, I jumped to the last episode and was not impressed. Hard pass for me on season two.