TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Emperor of Ocean Park

Some hollow acting aside there's enough content and interesting story threads presented in the first episode to get me to come back for more. Who is tied to what? Will secrets be revealed about a double life filled with sinister actions become a revelation or are some already in the know? Time will tell

Sunny

I like when shows like this involve me right out the gate. There's charm and humor with heart. It's interesting that some of the tech featured in this show was actually recently purchased by a relative of mines. It's crazy how the simplest conversation can reveal so much about a person.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Emperor of Ocean Park

Some hollow acting aside there's enough content and interesting story threads presented in the first episode to get me to come back for more. Who is tied to what? Will secrets be revealed about a double life filled with sinister actions become a revelation or are some already in the know? Time will tell

Sunny

I like when shows like this involve me right out the gate. There's charm and humor with heart. It's interesting that some of the tech featured in this show was actually recently purchased by a relative of mines. It's crazy how the simplest conversation can reveal so much about a person.

@joneblaze

Interesting - any word on when Godfather of Harlem will be returning?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Call Me Miss Cleo on HBO/MAX
Even as a kid i knew Miss Cleo was scam artist grifter.But this documentary was an eye opener and then some and still very much a mystery,as layers of her life are pulled back. Also it was interesting to see how the late night infomercials strived and started to fade away for the most part.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

MixCollage-17-Jul-2024-12-11-PM-3933-e1721232715357.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Playa - I'm gonna go back eventually and check out some episodes from the first few years of the podcast. I'm more familiar with the past 2 or 3 years, so it'll be interesting to hear the archived older stuff in the playlist feed. See how their entertainment takes held up, etc.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
They NEED to bring this back

Yeah - it's one of those shows that is worthwhile. In a perfect world, they'd get picked up on another platform.

Side note ... I've been reading Alan Sepinwall's reviews in recent years (critic at Rolling Stone). Interesting hearing that him and Dan Fienberg used to co-host their own show years back.

That one was completely off my podcast radar (I've been listening to podcasts since 2009-2010) and I need to track down some of those old episodes too, lol.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FAYE

This documentary about Faye Dunaway
Definitely tapped into her upbringing to bring the intensity to the roles she takes on
It's really incredible to see the trends she started and really Cosplay started decades ago when you look at the reels for the premeire of Bonnie and Clyde . I love that it's mainly in her own words and point of view,the raw emotion on display, longing for privacy especially when it came to her son and of course all of the behind the scenes stuff with Chinatown, The Thomas Crown Affair,Network and Mommie Dearest

The Acolyte season finale

I wish the show had maintained a rhythm and pace that was in this episode. As a whole the series was weighted down by bad wrting and inconsistencies with its characters. Far to much tip toeing around which made the structure of the show unstable. This episode not only made me want to see a season 2 because I feel it finally found it's footing but opens up so many questions about a couple of characters and the Sith. Especially a certain power that was displayed that could have solved a lot problems in SW TV shows and films that come after this story in the timeline. I do wonder if this power was forbidden by the Jedi but only used by the Sith who seemingly only used it at this time in SW history. The show was so badly received I'm not even sure if there will be a season 2.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Wall Street Lunch: AppleTV+ Looks To Boost Movie Collection​

Jul. 18, 2024 2:09 PM ETApple Inc. (AAPL) StockAAPL:CA, AMZN, AMZN:CA, BAMXF, BMWYY, BYMO.F, DHI, DPZ, F, F.PR.B, F.PR.C, F.PR.D, FTNT, HYMTF, MBGAF, MBGYY, RNLSY, RNSDF, STLA, TM, TOYOF, TSLA, TSLA:CA, TSM, TSMWF, VLKAF, VLKPF, VWAGY, VWAPY
Wall Street Breakfast profile picture
Wall Street Breakfast
5.74M Followers
Subscribed

Summary​

• Apple in talks with Hollywood studios to expand Apple TV+ content library.
  • Amazon Prime Day 2024 breaks records with increased sales and more Prime members shopping.
  • Domino's Pizza sinks after missed revenue estimate and suspended guidance.

Apple Store at 5th Ave in Manhattan, New York City

ozgurdonmaz

Listen below or on the go on Apple Podcasts and Spotify

podcast_series_header.png

AppleTV+ looks to expand its library of studio titles. (0:16) Amazon Prime Day notches record numbers. (1:00) Tesla slides into top 10 in EU registrations. (4:34)
This is an abridged transcript of the podcast.
Our top story so far. Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) has held discussions with Hollywood studios about licensing more of their movies to boost its Apple TV+ streaming service.
Bloomberg says Apple TV+, which received 72 Emmy nominations for its shows such as “The Morning Show,” “Palm Royale,” “Slow Horses,” and “Masters of the Air," is attempting to increase its library of content both in the U.S. and internationally.
Apple has never disclosed how many subscribers it has for its streaming service, but recent estimates have put it around 25 million. Apple has said that it has more than 1 billion subscriptions across its platform, which includes those who subscribe to Apple News+, iCloud, Apple Music, and more. These subscriptions live as part of Apple's Services segment, which generated $23.9 billion in revenue for the most recent quarter.