TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Criminal

5f62c009587c0732596346.jpg

A cat-and-mouse drama, which focuses on the intense mental conflict between detectives and suspects. The stories take place within the confines of a police interview suite.

John Snow...:yes:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
ABC Cancels Stumptown Due to COVID-19 Ahead of Season Two
By Chris Murphy@christress
Photo: Jessica Brooks/ABC

a658df6833e427dd3926f246a5a4db10e0-30-stumptown.rsquare.w330.jpg

Sad news, Portland fans. Variety reports that ABC’s Stumptown, which was renewed for a second season earlier this year, has been canceled due to “timing and scheduling needs for the current season that have been impacted by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.” Sadly, the network’s enthusiasm for a second season of the action drama was no match for the destructive force that is COVID-19. The series starred How I Met Your Mother’s Colbie Smulders as Dex Parios, a “strong, assertive, and sharp-witted veteran with a complicated love life, gambling debt and a brother to take care of in Portland, Oregon.” The cast included Jake Johnson, Tantoo Cardinal, Cole Sibus, Adrian Martinez, Camryn Manheim, and Michael Ealy. Studio ABC Signature, the production company that developed Stumptown, is reportedly shopping the show around to other outlets, so all hope is not lost for those who were looking forward to a second season of the series. Looks like Grey’s Anatomy will have to represent the entire Pacific Northwest on ABC this season.

This actually was not bad.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
OH I LOVED SEASON 1 SEASON 2 WAS KIND OF OFF ESPECIALLY the extedened school fight scene but im ready for season 3
What would be great if they brought back Tamlyn Tomita for a cameo

Yes - it would be great to see her. I hear you re: extended fight scene at the HS. Too much suspension of disbelief there. It will be cool to see what they craft for season 3 ... especially now with an even larger audience & fanbase. They already had the buzz from the Youtube Red crowd. Now they've got that Netflix backing.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Season 2 of Criminal : Kunal Nayyar from Big Bang Theory almost fully vanishes in his chilling turn as a murderer being questioned for another murder.
Definitely deserves an Emmy nomination.

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous
Made it through 4 episodes of this animated series. Some of it was fun but I can tell the writing was rushed.To many plot holes and obnoxious adult and teenage characters that make terrible decisions.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Looking forward to checking out this series in the near future. A podcast I listen to ... the co-hosts said to keep an eye out for it on AMC, and season 1 was posted here at the you-know-where section this past spring ...

Gangs of London is a British actioncrime drama television series produced by Pulse Films & Sister, following struggles between rival gangs and other criminal organisations in present-day London. The first series aired in the UK on the 23 April 2020 on Sky Atlantic. The series was created by Gareth Evans, best known for The Raid action crime films, along with Matt Flannery. AMC subsequently announced a deal to take over U.S. broadcast rights and became co-producer for a newly-commissioned second season.[2]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Looking forward to watching episodes 1 and 2 of Fargo (season 4) this Wednesday. They debuted yesterday (Sunday).

Gonna start Gangs of London soon too.

Been enjoying the NBA Playoffs ... Finals starting soon.

Have seen half the 1st season of Boomtown.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Comey Rule
The two part series made me feel some sympathy for Comey and it's definitely a mixed bag that also reignites anger and reflect on how the whole Hilary Clinton email investigation and Trump becoming President and his connections with Russia played out.
Well acted and at times comes off like a Saturday Night Live skit.

Wentworth Season 8 Not as great as previous seasons,it has it's moments but still one of my favorite Netflix shows

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Expanse
SEASON 4 SO GOOD and im in love with
Frankie Adams

Soulmates
This is all of those silly 90 Day Fiance reality shows,and Eharmony and Match.com rolled into one pretty dramatic show and it's pretty good

kirkout

DCPG
Registered
Monsterland on Hulu is really good. Every episode is different and tells a story. It’s not a horror tv series in the traditional sense. It’s actually not really horror, but deals with traumatic experiences people face in different circumstances and how we deal with it. I see it didn’t get good reviews and I know why. It’s too real and ain’t no white picket fences or rosey endings for people going through real shit in this series. Muthfuckas always want to see the human experience come to a triumphant end when dealing with traumatic experiences. That’s not really what happens. Is it...
MV5-BNj-Ax-Nm-Ez-MGEt-ODBm-OS00-MGFj-LTlk-Mzgt-MDc3-NWM5-NTc4-ZDBh-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-MTEy-Mj-M2.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Monsterland on Hulu is really good. Every episode is different and tells a story. It’s not a horror tv series in the traditional sense. It’s actually not really horror, but deals with traumatic experiences people face in different circumstances and how we deal with it. I see it didn’t get good reviews and I know why. It’s too real and ain’t no white picket fences or rosey endings for people going through real shit in this series. Muthfuckas always want to see the human experience come to a triumphant end when dealing with traumatic experiences. That’s not really what happens. Is it...
MV5-BNj-Ax-Nm-Ez-MGEt-ODBm-OS00-MGFj-LTlk-Mzgt-MDc3-NWM5-NTc4-ZDBh-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-MTEy-Mj-M2.jpg

Thanks for the info and review. Jotted it down to check out!

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
OH I LOVED SEASON 1 SEASON 2 WAS KIND OF OFF ESPECIALLY the extedened school fight scene but im ready for season 3
What would be great if they brought back Tamlyn Tomita for a cameo

5zjo0h5hnud31.jpg
Supposedly she is going to be in a couple of S3 episodes..

She actually not bad-looking for 54 nowadays..

th

Tamlyn-Tomita-Feet.jpg

kirkout

DCPG
Registered
I am not sure if the series, Evil, starring Michael Colter (Luke Cage) has been posted in here. I am too lazy to search. Lol. He is a first in training with the Catholic Church. His job is to investigate individuals with demonic possession and determine if it’s a mental illness or the person is possessed. It really is a good series.

I haven’t watched a tv series from an over the air channel in years (think OG X-Files from the 90’s). But Hulu with no commercials had me give this series a try. Michael Colter is a pretty good actor ( the hero you didn’t know you needed). He carried the series until his other two cohorts started to shine in the light with him. I really dug the series. You dig!

He did a great job. Especially, making an old grizzly dog like me give it a shot. Give Evil a try, if you looking for some ungodly, but godly, tv series to watch. Fin.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Connecting...

connecting-nbc-560.JPEG

A new series premiering Thursday on NBC attempts to both reflect and define this aspect of our new lives in the era of COVID-19.

Called “Connecting …” (yes, the three-dot ellipsis is part of its official title), this show is little more than a Zoom conference in which a group of homebound friends try to stay connected with each other.

IMO i dont see this show lasting long... wouldve been more interesting had they made it interactive i.e having random people on Zoom who arent actors getting in on the conversation(imagine someone pops up and they mention theyre a member of BGOL :lol: )

ThisLuv

Rising Star
Registered

Cool just added to my watchlist

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
4 episodes in on ZeroZeroZero. Same for Fargo season 4.

Coworker said he's checking out Kingdom (season 1) and the new Netflix series Away.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend