TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
The acting ranged from good to bad. A lot of cameos, Mia is looking fine as fuck. The story gets a little convoluted but the shit is entertaining as fuck especially if you are familiar with Houston. Also, they changed out a bunch of characters in season 2. That shit had me and wifey like wtf? lol.
If you can get past the low budgetry you will be entertained.

5th Ward on Amazon

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Watched the 2nd episode of What We Do in the Shadows earlier. Gonna continue with it. They've aired 2 seasons so far. It's not laugh out loud funny, but it's well-written and has plenty of funny moments and scenarios. An oddball comedy. Checking it out in the FX On Demand section ...

What We Do in the Shadows is an American mockumentary comedy horror television series created by Jemaine Clement that premiered March 27, 2019, on FX. The second television series in the franchise based on the 2014 film of the same name written by Clement and Taika Waititi, the series follows four vampire roommates in Staten Island, and stars Kayvan Novak, Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou, Harvey Guillén, and Mark Proksch. It was renewed for a second season while the first season was still in progress.[1] The 10-episode second season debuted on April 15, 2020,[2][3] and in May 2020 the series was renewed for a third season.[4]

On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the first season has an approval rating of 94%, based on 70 reviews, with an average rating of 7.84/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Delightfully absurd and ridiculously fun, What We Do in the Shadows expands on the film's vampiric lore and finds fresh perspective in its charming, off-kilter cast to create a mockumentary series worth sinking your teeth into."[39] On Metacritic, it has a weighted average score of 80 out of 100, based on 30 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".[40]

On Rotten Tomatoes, the second season has an approval rating of 100%, based on 30 reviews, with an average rating of 8.45/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Bat! What We Do In the Shadows loses no steam in a smashing second season that savvily expands its supernatural horizons while doubling down on the fast flying fun."[41] On Metacritic, it has a weighted average score of 78 out of 100, based on 10 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".[42]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The acting ranged from good to bad. A lot of cameos, Mia is looking fine as fuck. The story gets a little convoluted but the shit is entertaining as fuck especially if you are familiar with Houston.

7yff.gif
tumblr_mpcg0zH7zr1snuzvso1_250.gif

BCcg.gif
tumblr_n6g2ywZiAq1qg54mpo2_500.gif

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
GRAND ARMY ON NETFLIX
if you liked Euphoria on HBO you should enjoy this
Some characters are obnoxious but still an engaging watch

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
QUIBI at it again ...

Wireless...

On a sparsely traveled road deep in the Colorado mountains, college student Andy Braddock drives to a New Year’s Eve party to try to rekindle a relationship with his ex-girlfriend. Distracted by his phone, Andy collides with a snowbank and hurtles into a ravine. Wounded and alone, Andy turns to his quickly dying cell for rescue, but help is far from a phone call away. Two narratives play out simultaneously: watch horizontally for a cinematic view; twist vertically to experience Andy’s phone as your own, as he fights to stay alive.

w2jXk.jpg

slam

Super Moderator
The Expecting

EJZGr5.jpg

A young woman, down on her luck and pregnant under mysterious circumstances, must deal with the increasingly disturbing effects of her pregnancy and the potential conspiracy surrounding it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Recent watches ...

- Lovecraft Country season finale.

- All caught up with Big Brother. Haven't watched the US version in years. Figured I'd check it out as Big Brother Canada was cut short back in March or so when the pandemic kicked into gear. They were only able to complete 3 - 4 weeks of that season

- Episode 5 of Fargo

- Episodes 5 & 6 of Zerozerozero

- Half of the Class Action Park documentary so far ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
- Finished Zerozerozero ... intense
- Haven't checked out the Big Brother finale yet
- All caught up on Fargo (episode 6 - season 4)
- Just starting up the Goliath series
- Gonna probably check out that Too Hot to Handle series for laughs

Too Hot to Handle is an American reality television dating game show produced by Fremantle production company Talkback. It was created by Laura Gibson and Charlie Bennett. The show consisted of eight episodes, all of which were released on 17 April 2020 on Netflix. The host of the series is a virtual assistant, named "Lana," who announced that the contestants had been tricked into having no sexual contact for four weeks. If they made it, they would be paid $100,000.00.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-16-at-17.00.23.png

slam

Super Moderator

The Undoing follows Grace and Jonathan Fraser who are living the only lives they ever wanted for themselves. Overnight a chasm opens in their lives: a violent death and a chain of terrible revelations. Left behind in the wake of a spreading and very public disaster and horrified by the ways in which she has failed to heed her own advice, Grace must dismantle one life and create another for her child and her family.

OHkrX.jpg

slam

Super Moderator
this is really good ... i watched all the way thru twice already ...

Ted Lasso centers on an idealistic — and clueless — all-American football coach hired to manage an English football club — despite having no soccer coaching experience at all.

mOWDnip.jpg

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
I am not sure if the series, Evil, starring Michael Colter (Luke Cage) has been posted in here. I am too lazy to search. Lol. He is a first in training with the Catholic Church. His job is to investigate individuals with demonic possession and determine if it’s a mental illness or the person is possessed. It really is a good series.

I haven’t watched a tv series from an over the air channel in years (think OG X-Files from the 90’s). But Hulu with no commercials had me give this series a try. Michael Colter is a pretty good actor ( the hero you didn’t know you needed). He carried the series until his other two cohorts started to shine in the light with him. I really dug the series. You dig!

He did a great job. Especially, making an old grizzly dog like me give it a shot. Give Evil a try, if you looking for some ungodly, but godly, tv series to watch. Fin.

I was on this for a minute .....

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

The Undoing follows Grace and Jonathan Fraser who are living the only lives they ever wanted for themselves. Overnight a chasm opens in their lives: a violent death and a chain of terrible revelations. Left behind in the wake of a spreading and very public disaster and horrified by the ways in which she has failed to heed her own advice, Grace must dismantle one life and create another for her child and her family.

OHkrX.jpg

this is really good ... i watched all the way thru twice already ...

Ted Lasso centers on an idealistic — and clueless — all-American football coach hired to manage an English football club — despite having no soccer coaching experience at all.

mOWDnip.jpg

Thanks for the recommendations. Been seeing The Undoing on some of the streaming site indexes, etc.

Also, Ted Lasso's on the To-See List. Especially with all the positive feedback from BGOL fam' that have watched it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished the Briarpatch season last week. Had meant to watch it earlier in the year (2nd quarter) but didn't circle back around to it.

Didn't care much for episode 9 in the desert, but episode 10 closed it out well.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

:thumbsup:

How To with John Wilson (stylized as How To... with John Wilson) is an American comedy television docuseries created by filmmaker John Wilson.[1] The series, executive produced by Nathan Fielder and Clark Reinking, was ordered by HBO.[2] It premiered on October 23, 2020.[3]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend