TV Streaming Discussion: HBO MAX UPDATE: WTF is Going on? Merger with PARAMOUNT?!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
DecimalThriftyElk-max-1mb.gif

Storm?

Cobra Commander going full Cobra LA up in here.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘The Flash’ Movie Gets Streaming Premiere Date On Max

Warner Bros. Pictures and DC’s The Flash, which hit theaters in June, now has a date for its streaming debut on Max: the superhero pic starring Ezra Miller will bow Friday, August 25.

Patrick Hipes
August 18, 2023 9:03AM PDT

ezra-miller-the-flash-barry-allen.jpg

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
‘The Flash’ Movie Gets Streaming Premiere Date On Max

Warner Bros. Pictures and DC’s The Flash, which hit theaters in June, now has a date for its streaming debut on Max: the superhero pic starring Ezra Miller will bow Friday, August 25.

Patrick Hipes
August 18, 2023 9:03AM PDT

ezra-miller-the-flash-barry-allen.jpg
:lol:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Since I give the rat shit for fudging their subscription numbers by counting deals and folks who don't even know they are subscribed, I got to come at MAX.

I just found out that I am counted as a MAX subscriber. Didn't even know I had this shit, but apparently I get it through AT&T. Never watched it and never will. Hell, we also count as Amazon Prime subscribers and don't watch that shit either(ol' lady tested it recently and found commercials on it :smh:)

ALL these folks seem to be lying on numbers, which is understandable for the earnings reports. Should be interesting on how all this plays out. Amazon and Disney can afford to float their shit as vanity projects with other aspects of their businesses.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Since I give the rat shit for fudging their subscription numbers by counting deals and folks who don't even know they are subscribed, I got to come at MAX.

I just found out that I am counted as a MAX subscriber. Didn't even know I had this shit, but apparently I get it through AT&T. Never watched it and never will. Hell, we also count as Amazon Prime subscribers and don't watch that shit either(ol' lady tested it recently and found commercials on it :smh:)

ALL these folks seem to be lying on numbers, which is understandable for the earnings reports. Should be interesting on how all this plays out. Amazon and Disney can afford to float their shit as vanity projects with other aspects of their businesses.

Holy sh*t

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@ViCiouS

Storm....

What's up with ya mans?

I’m not understanding this.

$30 million tax write off.

I looked it up and the film had a $70 million production cost.

That film could have easily made well over $200 million in total box office sales to justify its release.

Hmmmm

WinTentireF is going on at WB?????

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Hmmmm

WinTentireF is going on at WB?????

Worst ran Studio... Should have sold to Amazon or Apple TV...

Imagine "Prime Max " with WB back catalogue... Combined with MGM Studios...

Direct access to Amazon Prime to sell DC & Looney Tunes merch...

Tuner Sports (NBA, NHL, MLB, Nascar) adds the NFL/TNF...

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Worst ran Studio... Should have sold to Amazon or Apple TV...

Imagine "Prime Max " with WB back catalogue... Combined with MGM Studios...

Direct access to Amazon Prime to sell DC & Looney Tunes merch...

Tuner Sports (NBA, NHL, MLB, Nascar) adds the NFL/TNF...

Rumor is WB is trying to buy...

PARAMOUNT

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
With the way things are going it should be the other way around...

Paramount and WB merger and boot out the Discovery dude...

People so obsessed over Disney they not seeing all of Rome is burning.

We have no idea how these streaming services are REALLY doing and the history of movie profits is a long storied swamp and now residuals are in question still.

Woo boy.

It's crazy because Paramount actually has an INSANELY DEEP library and while it's wonky the app content is SOLID.

If WB pulls that merger off?

Game changer

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Rumor is WB is trying to buy...

PARAMOUNT

That is a recipe for disaster.

WB buys Paramount they take over the Star Trek franchise and Mission Impossible franchise.

Paramount has done a decent job with the ST series and MI movies have been blockbusters with box office gross’

There are plans on expanding the Top Gun franchise that Paramount owns with future films/series after they close out the Maverick storyline.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

WB buys Paramount they take over the Star Trek franchise and Mission Impossible franchise.

Paramount has done a decent job with the ST series and MI movies have been blockbusters with box office gross’

There are plans on expanding the Top Gun franchise that Paramount owns with future films/series after they close out the Maverick storyline.

This.. plus WB Discovery is 8 Billion in debt.... There is no way they can buy Paramount

That just an Internet rumor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Lolk what I found

:lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

This.. plus WB Discovery is 8 Billion in debt.... There is no way they can buy Paramount

That just an Internet rumor

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
CBS / Paramount have a history with WB... So it makes sense...

But I rather have Paramount be the parent company... I don't trust WB being the decision maker...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

I had mentioned somewhere else about “subscription cycling” where folks get a streaming account and dump it before the promo ends binging what they want to see during that time.

The industry has a new term for it in the article called “Churn” for what subscribers are doing.

Good chance other services might copy WB.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I had mentioned somewhere else about “subscription cycling” where folks get a streaming account and dump it before the promo ends binging what they want to see during that time.

The industry has a new term for it in the article called “Churn” for what subscribers are doing.

Good chance other services might copy WB.

I'm curious to see how the ads feel. I'm so out of it the last few years.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I’m still trying to figure out why these streaming services are putting some of their content on their competitors streaming service.

I wonder if the endgame is too make one big streaming service?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I pointed out Winter is coming.

Folks are indoors more, so subscription/viewing will increase.

This might happen with “The Marvels” if Disney puts it on the service before Christmas.

Blue Beetle Finally Scores A Win After Bombing At The Box Office

The Blue Beetle movie scored a win after flopping at the box office, finally giving DC Films and Warner Bros. some news to celebrate.

BY LUCY OWENS
November 22, 2023

blue-beetle-streaming-debut-on-max-scores-a-win-for-dc-films-1.jpg