TV Trailer: Tokyo Vice - Michael Mann directed the first episode of the new HBO Max series starring Ken Watanabe.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
How the hell did I miss this???? My weekend is now filled with an additional task.

too much goddamn tv
plus NBA playoffs
and having a life/job

i swear i got some much in my HBO, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Showtime ques that I got enough to watch til last me to the end of the year if nothing new dropped

but there is something new and worth checking dropping every damn week and there are only but so many hours of tv time

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
too much goddamn tv
plus NBA playoffs
and having a life/job

i swear i got some much in my HBO, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Showtime ques that I got enough to watch til last me to the end of the year if nothing new dropped

but there is something new and worth checking dropping every damn week and there are only but so many hours of tv time

I feel you. It’s the same with me.

And there is a shit load of new stuff scheduled to debut from June thru September this summer.

I miss the old TV days when the summer was all repeats and you got those couple of months to catch up on shit.

Those days are long gone.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
I feel you. It’s the same with me.

And there is a shit load of new stuff scheduled to debut from June thru September this summer.

I miss the old TV days when the summer was all repeats and you got those couple of months to catch up on shit.

Those days are long gone.

there shitloads of tv that gets dropped that would've been my favorite tv shows before this period of peak tv, but honestly there is a shitload of good to great tv made just for me that I'll never get off to. I hope to make some head this summer but we'll see with Better Call Saul wrapping, Game of Thrones spinoff, Lord of the Rings show on Amazon, the new season of the Boys and Stranger Things

these are just shows off the top of my head that I know I will like, started and/or liked and heard good things but I dont have the time

CBS Evil (one episode in)
Star Trek Discovery (watched 1st season)
Amazon The Wilds
Amazon Upload Season 2
Netflix Russian Doll Season 2
HBO the Deuce finish final season
HBO Max Young Justice 1/2 through season 2
HBO Max Superman & Louis
Paramount Halo
HBO Max the Flight Attendant
Showtime finish 1st season of Yellowjackets
Starz P Valley
Starz King of Harlem
Star Wars Animation (Clone Wars, Bad Batch, etc)
Ozark
AMC Gangs of London
AMC 61st Street

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah I watch way more tv shows than anyone i know and we're at the point now where even for me theres way too many tv shows. I was up to 13 weekly shows awhile ago and I had to start cutting down since I watch boxing and some other sports, movies, youtube and other forms of content as well.

there shitloads of tv that gets dropped that would've been my favorite tv shows before this period of peak tv, but honestly there is a shitload of good to great tv made just for me that I'll never get off to. I hope to make some head this summer but we'll see with Better Call Saul wrapping, Game of Thrones spinoff, Lord of the Rings show on Amazon, the new season of the Boys and Stranger Things

these are just shows off the top of my head that I know I will like, started and/or liked and heard good things but I dont have the time

CBS Evil (one episode in)
Star Trek Discovery (watched 1st season)
Amazon The Wilds
Amazon Upload Season 2
Netflix Russian Doll Season 2
HBO the Deuce finish final season
HBO Max Young Justice 1/2 through season 2
HBO Max Superman & Louis
Paramount Halo
HBO Max the Flight Attendant
Showtime finish 1st season of Yellowjackets
Starz P Valley
Starz King of Harlem
Star Wars Animation (Clone Wars, Bad Batch, etc)
Ozark
AMC Gangs of London
AMC 61st Street

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

CBS Evil (one episode in) - AWESOME!
Star Trek Discovery (watched 1st season) - On my list
Amazon The Wilds - On my list
Amazon Upload Season 2 - On my list did not see the 1st season
Netflix Russian Doll Season 2 - On my list
HBO the Deuce finish final season - On my list
HBO Max Young Justice 1/2 through season 2 - On my list to watch the latest season
HBO Max Superman & Louis - On my list
Paramount Halo - I ike it so far
HBO Max the Flight Attendant - On my list
Showtime finish 1st season of Yellowjackets - On my list
Starz P Valley - On my list
Starz King of Harlem - On my list watched the first 4 episodes and I liked it
Star Wars Animation (Clone Wars, Bad Batch, etc) - On my list I fell WAY behind , need to watch the latest season on ALL THOSE
Ozark - On my list
AMC Gangs of London - On my list
AMC 61st Street - On my list

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
CBS Evil (one episode in) - AWESOME!
Star Trek Discovery (watched 1st season) - On my list
Amazon The Wilds - On my list
Amazon Upload Season 2 - On my list did not see the 1st season
Netflix Russian Doll Season 2 - On my list
HBO the Deuce finish final season - On my list
HBO Max Young Justice 1/2 through season 2 - On my list to watch the latest season
HBO Max Superman & Louis - On my list
Paramount Halo - I ike it so far
HBO Max the Flight Attendant - On my list
Showtime finish 1st season of Yellowjackets - On my list
Starz P Valley - On my list
Starz King of Harlem - On my list watched the first 4 episodes and I liked it
Star Wars Animation (Clone Wars, Bad Batch, etc) - On my list I fell WAY behind , need to watch the latest season on ALL THOSE
Ozark - On my list
AMC Gangs of London - On my list
AMC 61st Street - On my list

there is alot of overlap on our lists
but the problem every week something else gets added to the list

chris-jericho-list.gif

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I’m hoping Sato makes it. I got big respect for that cat. When Ishida put him in charge over Samantha, I assumed he would fuck it up cuz of him fucking Sam. Glad it turned out how it did.

Anybody know why Ishida took only half the money out of the briefcase instead of refusing all of it? I’m lost on why he did that unless I missed something.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I’m hoping Sato makes it. I got big respect for that cat. When Ishida put him in charge over Samantha, I assumed he would fuck it up cuz of him fucking Sam. Glad it turned out how it did.

Anybody know why Ishida took only half the money out of the briefcase instead of refusing all of it? I’m lost on why he did that unless I missed something.
to refuse all of it would have been an insult to the OG
by only taking half and requesting an apology
Sato put Towzawa in a hard place

refuse to apologize - will dishonor his OG (mentsu wo ushinau)
apologize - lose face in front of all at the table

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
to refuse all of it would have been an insult to the OG
by only taking half and requesting an apology
Sato put Towzawa in a hard place

refuse to apologize - will dishonor his OG (mentsu wo ushinau)
apologize - lose face in front of all at the table

^^^^

Vicious aka Vicious the Honorable

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Rinko Kikuchi

Anybody get Thirsty looking at her?

They got her looking frumpy and dumpy in her outfits on the show.

From the movie Babel a number of years ago ....

Babel is a 2006 psychological drama film directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu and written by Guillermo Arriaga. The multi-narrative drama completes Arriaga's and Iñárritu's Death Trilogy, following Amores perros and 21 Grams.[3] It is an international co-production among companies based in the United States, Mexico and France. The film features an ensemble cast and use of hyperlink cinema, which portrays interwoven stories taking place in Morocco, Japan, Mexico, and the United States.

Babel was selected to compete for the Palme d'Or at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival, where González Iñárritu won the Best Director Award. The film was later screened at the Toronto International Film Festival. The film opened in selected cities in the United States on 27 October 2006, and went into wide release on 10 November 2006. Babel received positive reviews and was a financial success, grossing $135 million worldwide. It eventually won the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Drama, and received seven Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Supporting Actress for both Adriana Barraza and Rinko Kikuchi, winning for Best Original Score.

thumb3_Kikuchi-Map-n-05.jpg
thumb3_Kikuchi-Map-n-04.jpg
thumb3_Kikuchi-Map-n-09.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Tokyo Vice season 2 first look reveals new characters, new dangers

"The danger and the violence get heightened exponentially,” show creator J.T. Rogers tells EW in an exclusive interview. Tokyo Vice season 2 is set to premiere on Max in February 2024. Check out first-look images above and below.

By Christian Holub
Published on November 29, 2023

tokyo-vice-poster.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Tokyo Vice season 2 first look reveals new characters, new dangers

"The danger and the violence get heightened exponentially,” show creator J.T. Rogers tells EW in an exclusive interview. Tokyo Vice season 2 is set to premiere on Max in February 2024. Check out first-look images above and below.

By Christian Holub
Published on November 29, 2023

tokyo-vice-poster.jpg

F*ck yeah!!!!!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 2
Episodes 1 - 2

I watched these two this afternoon at home.

Series immediately picked up from the end scene of season one.

Not gonna spoil it but some shit is about to go down with the two Yakuza families this season.

Gonna let a few episodes stack up before catching up.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Checked out the first 2 episodes of Tokyo Vice (from last week) in recent days.

I found the 2nd episode to be stronger than the 1st.

Oddly enough, the season 2 premiere felt like it had stiff acting in a number of scenes (despite the characters being established). The flashback near the end of the episode was effective though. It felt more real / natural, despite that character having a limited role in season 1.

Episode 2 felt like more the show again and good to have it back on track again.