UFC

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shevchenko shoulda won that. I knew they were gonna give it to Grasso cuz of the crowd favoritism. Honesty surprised to see the draw. Needs to be a 3rd. I give Grasso props tho. She’s the only one who has ever given bullet that type of a fight since nunes.

NER0

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mexican chick should have lost..
Kevin Hollands plays around too damn much, but I think he won that fight too

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
UFC_Fight_Night_229_poster.jpg

UFC Fight Night: Dawson vs. Green (also known as UFC Fight Night 229, UFC on ESPN+ 87 and UFC Vegas 80) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that took place on October 7, 2023, at the UFC Apex facility in Enterprise, Nevada, part of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area, United States.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Here's a statement from USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart regarding Conor McGregor re-entering the testing pool.

“We can confirm that Conor McGregor has re-entered the USADA testing pool as of Sunday, October 8, 2023. We have been clear and firm with the UFC that there should be no exception given by the UFC for McGregor to fight until he has returned two negative tests and been in the pool for at least six months. The rules also allow USADA to keep someone in the testing pool longer before competing based on their declarations upon entry in the pool and testing results.

Unfortunately, we do not currently know whether the UFC will ultimately honor the six-month or longer requirement because, as of January 1, 2024, USADA will no longer be involved with the UFC Anti-Doping Program. Despite a positive and productive meeting about a contract renewal in May 2023, the UFC did an about-face and informed USADA on Monday, October 9, that it was going in a different direction.

We are disappointed for UFC athletes, who are independent contractors who rely on our independent, gold-standard global program to protect their rights to a clean, safe, and fair Octagon. The UFC’s move imperils the immense progress made within the sport under USADA’s leadership.

The relationship between USADA and UFC became untenable given the statements made by UFC leaders and others questioning USADA’s principled stance that McGregor not be allowed to fight without being in the testing pool for at least six months. One UFC commentator echoed this, recently declaring that USADA should not oversee the UFC program since we held firm to the six-month rule involving McGregor, and since we do not allow fighters without an approved medical basis to use performance-enhancing drugs like experimental, unapproved peptides or testosterone for healing or injuries simply to get back in the Octagon.

Fighters’ long-term health and safety — in addition to a fair and level playing field — are more important to USADA than short-term profits at the expense of clean athletes. USADA is proud of the work we've done over the past eight years to clean up the UFC, and we will continue to provide our unparalleled service to UFC athletes through the remainder of our current contract, which ends December 31, 2023. As always, we will continue to uphold the rights and voices of clean athletes in all sport.”

:hmm:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Going to be interesting to see how their skill sets match-up.

Usman was dominant at 170 for years, but has something to prove now after 2 losses to Edwards.

Khamzat has had a long layoff, but has been a rising star prior to that and could easily fight at 185lbs, as could Usman. Both cut plenty of weight to get to 170 and have legit wrestling / grappling pedigrees. How do their skills counter their opponent, or will it be primarily stand-up / striking?

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Usman was dominant at 170 for years, but has something to prove now after 2 losses to Edwards.

Khamzat has had a long layoff, but has been a rising star prior to that and could easily fight at 185lbs, as could Usman. Both cut plenty of weight to get to 170 and have legit wrestling / grappling pedigrees. How do their skills counter their opponent, or will it be primarily stand-up / striking?
I think Usman is going get subbed in the late rounds, he likes you control the pace and if his stroking had fallen off it his gas tank isn't what it needs to be, it has potential to be ugly

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
USADA was far from perfect, but now that they're gone, It's going to be the wild wild west all over again... :smh:

I feel like Usman is going to get smoked by K

Supposedly another drug testing company is coming in. We will see....

If not, then all the old heads in MMA about to get ripped up and make another run for the title.
Shit finna be like pride, old WWF days. Somebody gone get killed in there

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I think Usman is going get subbed in the late rounds, he likes you control the pace and if his stroking had fallen off it his gas tank isn't what it needs to be, it has potential to be ugly

It’ll be interesting to see how Usman contends with Khamzat’s frantic energy.

Their scrambles for position, etc.

Usman is strong and powerful. Khamzat is known to set a fast pace early on.

I wonder how the betting lines will play out $-wise.

I hope we get a highly competitive bout like Gilbert Burns vs Khamzat from last year. Great fight from both guys.

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I hope we get a highly competitive bout like Gilbert Burns vs Khamzat from last year. Great fight from both guys.
That's the question, which version of each fighter will we get?
I'm a fan of both but I think this is a more dangerous fight for Usman. 185 of more Kazmat playground
He's probably stronger and we both know he's faster, has a better ground game etc

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I feel like Usman is going to get smoked by K

Supposedly another drug testing company is coming in. We will see....

If not, then all the old heads in MMA about to get ripped up and make another run for the title.

I'm just upset that both this and the volk rematch are on short notice, I would have loved to see a properly prepared Usman at 185 against khamzat but I'm short notice I don't have too much hope outside the fact that Gilbert gave khamzat some trouble in their fight.(although I feel like he could have made it easier for himself by grappling more and wanted to prove a point)

Same goes for volk, a properly prepared volk rematch is a great fight but I'm not au sure how this one will go for him.

Hope these boys have been in the gym.

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm just upset that both this and the volk rematch are on short notice, I would have loved to see a properly prepared Usman at 185 against khamzat but I'm short notice I don't have too much hope outside the fact that Gilbert gave khamzat some trouble in their fight.(although I feel like he could have made it easier for himself by grappling more and wanted to prove a point)

Same goes for volk, a properly prepared volk rematch is a great fight but I'm not au sure how this one will go for him.

Exactly, he's gone blitz Usman and if he doesn't toy with him, this could be over in 2

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Agreed - the short notice angle really leaves alot of questions.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

LMAO if you not cheating you not trying

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

My bad.

Are Khamzat-Kamaru fighting at 170 or 185?

Kamaru has been steady at 170.

Paulo Costa primarily competed at 185, but did 205 when he fucked up his weight cut.

Khamzat has been primarily at 170, but fucked up his weight cuts a few times and gone catchweight.

It's at 185lbs, right?

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
My bad.

Are Khamzat-Kamaru fighting at 170 or 185?

Kamaru has been steady at 170.

Paulo Costa primarily competed at 185, but did 205 when he fucked up his weight cut.

Khamzat has been primarily at 170, but fucked up his weight cuts a few times and gone catchweight.

It's at 185lbs, right?
Yeah, it's at 185lbs.
Usman is at a size disadvantage as the smaller guy walking around at <200lbs.
Khamzat walks around at 210-215lbs.
Dana wants Khamzat to win, he brings in those Russian/Muslim fans like Khabib did.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Told y'all that the UFC doesn't give a fuck and they'll do anything to bend to Connors will

Disgusting

There's two sides to this story. The UFC is almost 30% of USADA's revenue and they decided to go a different direction w/ drug testing. Sounds to me like USADA is bitter because of the lost business.