What unpopular opinions do you have? Hip-Hop/Rap edition

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In the midst of "Not Like Us"

I have to go back to Lil Wayne, Lil Wayne claimed to be a Blood for years, and during all that time, niggas from New Orleans would routinely tell people that there are no gangs (at least LA style gangs) in New Orleans and certainly not during Lil Wayne's youth in the 1990s and when LA niggas would be asked about it, they would laugh.

So it's quite obvious, Wayne is not a fucking Blood, So how does he slide on that shit for years, while Drake has basically been turned into the modern day Ja-Rule.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1. Supersonic was a dope song, but I'm still trying to decipher the meaning.
2. Main Source: if you're walking through the front door, but why not the back door or the side door?
3. Too Short is actually short, however Big Sean is not big.....I don't like the fake attributes to rappers. If you're naming yourself Killa Mike then let's see some bodies.
4. I'm glad North West Airlines no longer exists, because there can only be one NWA.......
5. "Young MC" had one of the worst rapper names so generic, back then ...everyone was a Young MC.
6. Eminem is from Warren Michigan not Detroit.
7. MC Hammer was called a 'Sell-Out' and now everyone wants to 'Sell-Out,' Hammer was a pioneer.
8. We did not ask for a Queen Latifah nude scene, I'd rather see a Monie Love nude scene: I'd like to see her middle, in the middle....Monie and her middle.
9. If NWA were the Jackson Five then DJ Yella would Tito and MC Ren would be Jermaine Jackson. [Ice Cube\Dr. Dre = Co-Michael Jacksons]
10. "Yo, MTV Raps" was a bad name for a show. & "Rap City" sounded too provincial, Hip Hop is global.

#2. Apartments have one door

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@dik cashmere @woodchuck @REDLINE

Interesting how some of these legacy acts are selling so soon after hip hop 50

I think this just shows 2 things..1...their hits was 20 years ago...2. theyre just not relevant today and haven't been for a long time....remember that reunion at Coachella a decade ago??

Was the Outkast reunion performance boring??

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

the more shocking thing than that fee is the fact that someone COMMITTED A FUCKING CRIME! In order to get that info that rapper had his privacy violated. And everyone pretty much brushes that off to post about his fee for his creative input.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
the more shocking thing than that fee is the fact that someone COMMITTED A FUCKING CRIME! In order to get that info that rapper had his privacy violated. And everyone pretty much brushes that off to post about his fee for his creative input.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Ka f**king boom

We are now a society who chooses to normalize so much sh*t we swore we now cancel.

See trump, Vance, what happened to tyreek, we love to get outraged over juice boxes more than ACTUAL ISSUES.

We shrug off a hack??!!

Which is EXACTLY what these banks credit card companies and corporations WANT US TO DO.

Who gives a f**k what Beyonce charges????

This why I'm happy Vlad got worked over.

But as usual?

We will never sustain or stay committed