What unpopular opinions do you have? Hip-Hop/Rap edition

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

ScHoolboy Q had a lot to say, taking to X and releasing the following tweets, “YOU KNOW WAT I DONT LIKE ABOUT U N***ERS? I HATE WHEN U N***ERS BE ACTING LIKE N***ERS…basically,” which was deleted almost as soon as it appeared. But then in another tweet he wrote, “NO SUCH THING AS BLACK ON BLACK ANYTHING.”​

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never cared for any of KRS-ONE's music, and lost a lot of respect for him for disrupting the show and throwing P.M.Dawn off the stage at the Sound Factory in 1993.
Willie d threw pm dawn off the stage while Krs one was performing for the record.

Last edited:

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We call the person who plays the record dj. Short for disc jockey.
Why does dancehall call the person talking on the mic dj??

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Willie d threw pm dawn off the stage while Krs one was performing for the record.

“I was standing right there at The Sound Factory,” begins Kid, speaking to Elliott Wilson and B.Dot. “So what happened was [KRS-One] walked in with a bunch of people that I’d never seen him with—a whole different crew. He had [Boogie Down Productions possé members] Willie D. and I.C.U. with him. He had those two [usual accomplices] with him,” Capri recalls, noting that there were unfamiliar faces with the squad as well. “They sat on the windowsill [next to the stage]. It was a P.M. Dawn show [with] Super Cat.”

Kid Capri stepped to KRS, inquiring if something was about to happen. The MC/producer downplayed any impending violence. Willie D., however, was more forthcoming. “Yo, I’m ’bout to mop this nigga.” Kid admits he urged the artist and enforcer within B.D.P. (not to be confused with the Geto Boys member) against action. Willie replied, “Nah, I’ma do it!”

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

“I was standing right there at The Sound Factory,” begins Kid, speaking to Elliott Wilson and B.Dot. “So what happened was [KRS-One] walked in with a bunch of people that I’d never seen him with—a whole different crew. He had [Boogie Down Productions possé members] Willie D. and I.C.U. with him. He had those two [usual accomplices] with him,” Capri recalls, noting that there were unfamiliar faces with the squad as well. “They sat on the windowsill [next to the stage]. It was a P.M. Dawn show [with] Super Cat.”

Kid Capri stepped to KRS, inquiring if something was about to happen. The MC/producer downplayed any impending violence. Willie D., however, was more forthcoming. “Yo, I’m ’bout to mop this nigga.” Kid admits he urged the artist and enforcer within B.D.P. (not to be confused with the Geto Boys member) against action. Willie replied, “Nah, I’ma do it!”

Ok. But now that I heard the whole story. Ya damn right they should have threw him off the stage. I ain’t know he the boy was disrespecting like that. Especially chuck Dee.
Shit I wish somebody would of threw ray gun off that Olympic stage too

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok. But now that I heard the whole story. Ya damn right they should have threw him off the stage. I ain’t know he the boy was disrespecting like that. Especially chuck Dee.
Shit I wish somebody would of threw ray gun off that Olympic stage too
Nah, I respectfully have to disagree with you, I have never been a fan of KRS-One, but if you purport yourself to be a so called "teacher," you should never lay your hands on another black man because of something you read in an article.

Listen to how Redman speaks about MC Hammer approaching him:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah, I respectfully have to disagree with you, I have never been a fan of KRS-One, but if you purport yourself to be a so called "teacher," you should never lay your hands on another black man because of something you read in an article.

try Hammer v MC Serch.. :roflmao: :roflmao:

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah. Hammer was gonna put them hands on redman cause he said somehting about hammer momma. And redman said the right thing.

but I heard Krs say he came to battle. But pm dawn man in his entourage got out of pocket. He should of shut up and let them battle. But he escalated it. And someone in Krs entourage responded.
And always thought they did that cause pm Dawn looked corny. But now that I heard the whole story that they instigated the whole shit. I’m 100% behind Krs on that.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LL Cool was a pioneer in the promotion of Black Love, his "Round the Way Girl" and "I need Love" were affirming to Black women everywhere.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Thoughts on Ebro comments on Chance, bots, "positive rap", too many artists, music release 200,000 a day!, etc

Only 3 labels Sony Warner Universal

Head of Sony is Rob Stringer used to run Columbia

Head of Warner former youtube Robert Kyncl

Head of Universal Lucian Grainge son is the head of Atlantic Music

Last edited: