What unpopular opinions do you have? Hip-Hop/Rap edition

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

We need to celebrate all elements of hip hop culture more

Lets be honest black folk are like that guy who made a great toy..played with it...got bored and tossed it over his shoulder..then someone else picked it up and plays with it and cherishes it like that guy NEVER DID. Asians and europeans honor old skool hip hop culture in a way Black Americans dont make time for.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lets be honest black folk are like that guy who made a great toy..played with it...got bored and tossed it over his shoulder..then someone else picked it up and plays with it and cherishes it like that guy NEVER DID. Asians and europeans honor old skool hip hop culture in a way Black Americans dont make time for.

Hmmmm....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
this is what happens when you allow just ANYONE to stake a claim to hip hop culture

That b*tch been punished enough.

And like always people will easily beat her down

But executives who look just like her and her dad who have literally with no exaggeration raped our culture for generations in plain sight.

With basically no push back.

Get a pass

From def jam in anyu dorm to umg making millions off a rap beef

Last edited:

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Silkk the Shocker wasn't a "bad" rapper - he simply had a style that was his own... I'll take him over the likes of any of these millennial "rappers" today... #BigOlFacts #FightMe #UnpopularOpinion

Even in New Orleans at the height of No Limit's popularity, people in his city would say he couldn't rap and stuttered. When Mya debuted, she had a song called "Movin' On" and they put Silkk on that song because it would have benefitted a new singer at the time to have an artist from the hottest label on the song. Nearly 30 decades later, people still love the song but actively seek out the version without Silkk.

So basically I disagree about him not being a bad rapper, he was a bad rapper but I agree about him being better than these millennial rappers. The best way I can put it, he's a better entertainer, in comparison to these idiots we have today.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Silkk the Shocker wasn't a "bad" rapper - he simply had a style that was his own... I'll take him over the likes of any of these millennial "rappers" today... #BigOlFacts #FightMe #UnpopularOpinion
Can I agree and disagree with you at the same time :lol:

Slikk was shit but I'd gladly take him over 90% of current rappers.

Even in New Orleans at the height of No Limit's popularity, people in his city would say he couldn't rap and stuttered. When Mya debuted, she had a song called "Movin' On" and they put Silkk on that song because it would have benefitted a new singer at the time to have an artist from the hottest label on the song. Nearly 30 decades later, people still love the song but actively seek out the version without Silkk.

So basically I disagree about him not being a bad rapper, he was a bad rapper but I agree about him being better than these millennial rappers. The best way I can put it, he's a better entertainer, in comparison to these idiots we have today.
:lol:
Slikk might be the only rapper to get bodied on EVERY song he shared with another artist.

Not just rappers either. I completely forgot there was a version of Movin On that featured Slikk :lol:

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can I agree and disagree with you at the same time :lol:

Slikk was shit but I'd gladly take him over 90% of current rappers.

:lol:
Slikk might be the only rapper to get bodied on EVERY song he shared with another artist.

Not just rappers either. I completely forgot there was a version of Movin On that featured Slikk :lol:

Damn! LMAO.

I understand not liking the version with Silkk but completely forgetting that he was there, when they shot a video and everything is crazy.

(ETA) on the 25th Anniversary of her debut album she put the version without Silkk as the opening song and put the version with Silkk as the remix but in actuality the version with Silkk was her debut single and one that got radio play.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As much money as KRS-One has, his teeth shouldn’t be rotten.

Rakim is starting to look corny wearing the over sized jeans and XXL Giants jerseys at almost 60 years of age. (I think someone may have mentioned this before)

I realized after watching the Olympics, Snoop has to be the most famous and most recognizable rapper of all-time.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
As much money as KRS-One has, his teeth shouldn’t be rotten.

Rakim is starting to look corny wearing the over sized jeans and XXL Giants jerseys at almost 60 years of age. (I think someone may have mentioned this before)

I realized after watching the Olympics, Snoop has to be the most famous and most recognizable rapper of all-time.

^^^^

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I wish we could go back to this type of bounce music, the fags just appropriated the fuck out of bounce.

I don't know enough about bounce

But wasn't all that club electro house jungle etc THAT GROUP'S go to sound since forever?

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know enough about bounce

But wasn't all that club electro house jungle etc THAT GROUP'S go to sound since forever?

Yeah, once they moved from the disco, Diana Ross, Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor and then went to that sound although some of them said they created it themselves.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, once they moved from the disco, Diana Ross, Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor and then went to that sound although some of them said they created it themselves.

That's why I don't think I got an issue. Because forget the ones we see and know. A LOT of the writers producers taste makers etc were living that lifestyle in the 70s. And the clubs and parties. So they have a legit claim.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
tenor.gif

I can't believe that it's possible Snoop might be more world famous than Tupac

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Kanye and that wasn't even a second thought. Ye aint an MC like that and never claimed to be. as a performer? artist? That a different convo.

50 Cent G Unit MIXTAPES are classics LYRICALLY and Flow wise.

He was remaking OTHER RAPPERS songs to the point DJs were getting in trouble because fans wanted THOSE versions on the clubs and radio.

don't believe me @dik cashmere am I lying?

I think folks hear 50 NOW and forget.

He CHOSE to create that flow that delivery because that is exactly what the streets wanted and needed.

Last edited: