Will Smith just slapped the fuck out of Chris Rock (update) Will banned for 10 years from Oscars

Who's more at fault?

• Will - He took it way too far by engaging in public assault.

Votes: 277 75.7%
  • Chris - But only if he was aware of her medical condition.

Votes: 40 10.9%
  • Other (i.e. August Alsina, continued Tupac lust, etc.)

Votes: 49 13.4%

• Total voters

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

200w.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Will Smith has reportedly 'tried unsuccessfully' to make amends with Chris Rock after Oscars slap

"He is better but still remorseful."
By Jessica WangMarch 06, 2023 at 02:02 PM EST

Will Smith wants to make amends with Chris Rock after the heavily-discussed slap that occurred at the 94th Academy Awards last year.

A source told PEOPLE that the Oscar-winning King Richard star has "felt terrible for so long" for striking Rock onstage after the latter made a joke about wife Jada Pinkett Smith. "He's tried unsuccessfully to make amends in the best way he could with Chris," the source said.

"But beyond that, family is important to him," the source added, noting that Smith "leaned on" family — also comprised of sons Trey and Jaden and daughter Willow — in the aftermath of the incident. "It all has helped him look inside and mature. He is better but still remorseful."

Reps for Smith and Pinkett Smith didn't immediately respond to EW's request for comment.

Rock, for his part, remained publicly quiet in the months that followed after the altercation, but he recently broke his silence in his newly-released special Selective Outrage, Netflix's first live-streamed event. He called both Smith and Pinkett Smith "b----es" and made a joke about tuning into Smith's slave drama Emancipation to watch him "get whooped."

"Will Smith has selective outrage," Rock said. "Everybody that really knows knows I had nothing to do with that s---. I didn't have any 'entanglements.'" The term refers to headlines that Pinkett Smith had an affair with a friend of their son, which the married couple openly discussed during an episode of Pinkett Smith's Red Table Talk in 2020.

"She hurt him way more than he hurt me," Rock continued in the special. "Everybody called him a b---- and who did he hit? Me." He concluded the set, "A lot of people go 'Chris, how come you didn't do nothing back, how come you didn't do nothing back that night?' 'Cause I got parents, that's why. Cause I was raised. I got parents and you know what my parents taught me? Don't fight in front of white people!"

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

A lot of people are defending Jada being called a bytch by Rock and I am confused that this is the same woman who slept with her sons friend while he was trying to get help from an addiction that he was dealing with. Do we defend Harvey Weinstein? Jefferey Epstein? Fcuk me, do we do this defense with OJ nowadays?!?! I mean the METOO has taken down many a predator and rightfully so, but for whatever reason Jada is NOT seen as a predator even though that is predatory behavior.

Like if I was these kids, I would be like; 'I can't bring my friends around my mother cause she looks at them like sex toys.'

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The conversation was much more insightful than just the Rock/Smith controversy. Omar seems to have his head on a little better than Cuba, but that could be due to the amount of success and the "crowds" that come with that. Laughed when he talked about him getting done up just to go to 7-11; '...cause you NEVER KNOW!!!'

The one thing and literally one thing I have disagreed with since day one?

Will CHOSE to smack Chris.

People don't work like that really in those situations. I seen the smallest dudes fight giants, men slap women, adults hit kids, men and women fight armed police...

When your brain gets overwhelmed by emotion you do dumb stuff

We have a board filled with thousands of stories and an internet filled with billions.

I do not believe Will did all those metrics before he hopped on stage.

I could be wrong. But only WILL can prove that.

And I got a lot of evidence to prove people jump out their weight class all the damn time over dumb sh*t.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The one thing and literally one thing I have disagreed with since day one?

Will CHOSE to smack Chris.

People don't work like that really in those situations. I seen the smallest dudes fight giants, men slap women, adults hit kids, men and women fight armed police...

When your brain gets overwhelmed by emotion you do dumb stuff

We have a board filled with thousands of stories and an internet filled with billions.

I do not believe Will did all those metrics before he hopped on stage.

I could be wrong. But only WILL can prove that.

And I got a lot of evidence to prove people jump out their weight class all the damn time over dumb sh*t.

And there could be some truth to that, but going DOWN in weight class is a whole other story! Going up due to emotions makes sense, but down??? That SOUNDS like a calculated choice (emphasis on sounds cause I know some of ya'll motherfcukers be ready to slap me thinking I know what the fcuk is going through Will Smiths head!)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And there could be some truth to that, but going DOWN in weight class is a whole other story! Going up due to emotions makes sense, but down??? That SOUNDS like a calculated choice (emphasis on sounds cause I know some of ya'll motherfcukers be ready to slap me thinking I know what the fcuk is going through Will Smiths head!)

Bro...

Down, up, outnumbered. Knife, gun.

Don't matter.

I seen it first hand.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
...but interviews are free!!! I mean, Netflix paid 30mil for two JUST to get this one!!!

Well it was 40M

And the deal was way before the slap if I'm not mistaken

But I get Bo point

Imagine Chris had just did a 15 minute special like Chappelle was doing for Netflix?

It would have broken the internet

And ANY streaming service would have given Chris a blank check for it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:smh:

thats hate

I said correct me if I'm wrong the 40 million was NOT made BEFORE the slap?

and Bo been acting different for a minute now

He used to IDOLIZE Chappelle but lately been very highly critical of him and Chris.

I get Bo point especially now that he is himself in therapy. He REALLY been consistent on that.

I disagree as a fan of comedy...

stand up IS Chris therapy. the BEST specials are highly personal and visceral and messy and complicated and most importantly funny.

But I GET what Bo is saying.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:lol:

Unfortunately that seems to be Bo new thing.

I listened to it earlier and donwuan had posted some tweets from David Dennis earlier and on this podcast, i already knew how he felt about it. The narrative that he trashes black women on THIS SPECIAL..where talks about the beauty of Beyonce, how great his ex-wife is, how he loves his daughters..i never watched the Chris Rock Show that dude mentioned, but i mean, he literally was praising black women on this standup...Bo made a great point about Chris not getting over it...he been holding this in for a year and to do it live...i dont think Rock played the victim, he just told his side of the story.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I listened to it earlier and donwuan had posted some tweets from David Dennis earlier and on this podcast, i already knew how he felt about it. The narrative that he trashes black women on THIS SPECIAL..where talks about the beauty of Beyonce, how great his ex-wife is, how he loves his daughters..i never watched the Chris Rock Show that dude mentioned, but i mean, he literally was praising black women on this standup...Bo made a great point about Chris not getting over it...he been holding this in for a year and to do it live...i dont think Rock played the victim, he just told his side of the story.

I agree. I mean again the whole thing is selective outrage

but just because its selective doesn't mean you WRONG though.

Because in life MANY things will effect YOU differently then it would someone else

I don't think that is selective.

Humans are full of hypocrisy and bias.

That's just the way it is.

I didn't think this was Rock's BEST work - is that selective?

I didn't like him bringing in up Will's kids - is that selective. Cause BEFORE I had my OWN kids? I don't think I would have cared.

something felt OFF to me about him saying Jada TOLD him not to host when from all accounts that did not happen.

Actually I posted proof to the contrary.

Is that nitpicking? being selective?

If we all thought the special was brilliant and dissecting all his jokes like Shakespeare - is THAT over analyzing?

Cause when its negative - its hating and over analyzing?

But the praise is highlighting and showcasing?

Again I actually agree with you.

Chris could do whatever the f*ck he wants and he did and I am HAPPY for him

But he cannot dictate how people gonna response

Neither can Will.

And that's OK.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
theres a reason why he called it SELECTIVE OUTRAGE

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I agree. I mean again the whole thing is selective outrage

but just because its selective doesn't mean you WRONG though.

Because in life MANY things will effect YOU differently then it would someone else

I don't think that is selective.

Humans are full of hypocrisy and bias.

That's just the way it is.

I didn't think this was Rock's BEST work - is that selective?

I didn't like him bringing in up Will's kids - is that selective. Cause BEFORE I had my OWN kids? I don't think I would have cared.

something felt OFF to me about him saying Jada TOLD him not to host when from all accounts that did not happen.

Actually I posted proof to the contrary.

Is that nitpicking? being selective?

If we all thought the special was brilliant and dissecting all his jokes like Shakespeare - is THAT over analyzing?

Cause when its negative - its hating and over analyzing?

But the praise is highlighting and showcasing?

Again I actually agree with you.

Chris could do whatever the f*ck he wants and he did and I am HAPPY for him

But he cannot dictate how people gonna response

Neither can Will.

And that's OK.
Well said. On the subject of calculated slaps,

Chris's slap of Will was WELL-calculated.

He literally made Will's disgrace of the Oscar incident go viral again and added a dose of truth-telling about the Smith's unfortunate public life drama.

Waited a year until things had started to die down. Will was getting a bit of traction with acclaim for his performance in Emancipation.

aaaaaand

SLAP!!

Cold revenge.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

He literally made Will's disgrace of the Oscar incident go viral again and added a dose of truth-telling about the Smith's unfortunate public life drama.

Waited a year until things had started to die down. Will was getting a bit of traction with acclaim for his performance in Emancipation.

aaaaaand

SLAP!!

Cold revenge.

damn.

slapping-slap.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

aaaaaand

SLAP!!

Cold revenge.

200w.gif

@00:40

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor

I believe LITERALLY that's how dude was probably looking since Saturday.

But man, he and Jada actually made it public that they didn't watch the special. SMH.

Yet, they commented on what friends told them about it.

If I was him, I wouldn't have even commented on it at all.

Just let this shit blow over.

Makes him look Tresvant as hell for him and his family to be talking about how Netflix shouldn't have allowed this. :rolleyes:

In video game terms, this was a fatality.