Willie D cooks Stephen A over blasting BET for OJ tribute

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

cam-.png

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It's crazy,how he let Michelle Beadle shame him just because she misinterpreted what he said but have this venom towards black people. ESPN made him look like a grown ass kid that day when they forced him to apologize. It was so bad he didn't do the apology live it was taped before the show started. Still,til this day that's wild to me because everyone knew what he meant except for Beadle.

Then,he goes on Karen Hunter's podcast pouting like a fucking kid talking about;how he felt betrayed and all this other bullshit.

All,you needed to know is how he treated Aaron Rodgers versus Kyrie when it came to the vaccine situation. It was so bad that,a few of his colleagues were looking at him funny because he didn't have this venom towards Aaron Rodgers,who lied about being vaccinated.

^^^

I also have to agree in denouncing Stephen A we don't have to make OJ a saint

Because Fazion as usual the more he talks the dumber HE sounds.

the I'm not black I'm oj line is more about about WHO OJ HAD BECOME

Not a direct quote so going at Hov or the authentication of the quote was dumb.

And OJ was not some symbol of black independence and individuality

Stop that bullsh*t too.

SAS was wrong his follow up defense was even worse. That's enough.

Because in the defense of OJ as a person of the culture? Ain't true and we actually defending SAS weak ass original point.

Last edited:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
^^^

I also have to agree in denouncing Stephen A we don't have to make OJ a saint

Because Fazion as usual the more he talks the dumber HE sounds.

the I'm not black I'm oj line is more about about WHO OJ HAD BECOME

Not a direct quote so going at Hov or the authentication of the quote was dumb.

And OJ was not some symbol of black independence and individuality

Stop that bullsh*t too.

SAS was wrong his follow up defense was even worse. That's enough.

Because in the defense of OJ as a person of the culture? Ain't true and we actually defending SAS weak ass original point.

Even,when the OJ verdict came out(I was 14 at the time);I understood why so many black people cheered during that time. Black people been raped,castrated,sold,killed, lynched,etc,etc and etc throughout history . Most of the time when evidence pointed that the white folks did the violent acts towards us,somehow they're magically scot-free by the jury but let a bogus evidence come;we get the book thrown at us. We still have black people, particularly, black men from 40 or 50+ years ago that's still in prison on bogus evidence.

And what crazy is that white people are still committing violent acts towards us and getting away with it through justice system and they want to throw a huge fit about a black man possibly getting away with murder. It's wild to me....

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Stephen A. Smith Could Get a $100 Million Payday, Thanks to Pat McAfee​

BY MICHAEL MCCARTHY
LAST UPDATED JULY 08, 2024 | 03:49 PM—PUBLISHED JULY 08, 2024 | 01:10 PM
  • McAfee’s bad-boy antics highlight Smith’s team-player approach.
  • Stephen A. is poised to become ESPN’s highest-paid talent.
Feb 16, 2024; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Team Stephen A coach Stephen A. Smith looks on against Team Shannon during the All Star Celebrity Game at Lucas Oil Stadium.

TREVOR RUSZKOWSKI-USA TODAY SPORTS
Stephen A. Smith might have a powerful leverage point as he negotiates a new contract with ESPN: Pat McAfee’s reputation.
Smith is earning plenty of respect from ESPN management for the way he’s handling his contract negotiations—as well as his continued willingness to do whatever it takes to keep the four letters on top, sources tell Front Office Sports.
Smith’s team-player approach contrasts with the occasional bad-boy antics of McAfee, who likes to needle his bosses and test the bounds of their authority. As one top TV insider told FOS on the condition of anonymity: “I’ve got to give Stephen A. credit. He’s used that McAfee is such a bad team player to his own advantage. He brings on only ESPN people; McAfee brings on Shams [Charania]. That’s the kind of thing Stephen A. Smith would never do. He lets Pat McAfee frustrate the ESPN executives so much, they’re like, ‘F*** it. Stephen A. is a good team player.’”
Sources say ESPN brass loves 37-year-old McAfee’s appeal to younger viewers; his performance on College GameDay; and his ability to book A-list guests including Aaron Rodgers, Bill Belichick, Nick Saban, Peyton Manning, and Caitlin Clark. But the former NFL punter has also been a loose cannon. He apologized for his role in the Aaron Rodgers vs. Jimmy Kimmel feud and for calling Caitlin Clark a “white b****.” He publicly lambasted top ESPN executive Norby Williamson as a “rat” seeking to “sabotage” his show in January (Williamson resigned three months later after 40 years at ESPN). He remained defiant on Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson’s All The Smoke podcast: “I report directly to [ESPN chairman] Jimmy [Pitaro] and [Disney CEO] Bob [Iger]. … I saw [media reporting] ‘Pat calls out his boss.’ I don’t got a motherf***ing boss.”
McAfee is correct. From a contractual standpoint, he’s more independent than Smith. He owns his own program, licensing The Pat McAfee Show to ESPN. As executive producer, he maintains creative freedom. (McAfee has a separate talent deal for GameDay.)

And McAfee likes to assert that independence, which includes the on-air invitation to Charania of The Athletic and Stadium to take a victory lap over ESPN’s own Adrian Wojnarowski on their differing JJ Redick coverage. Charania has appeared on the show for years, noted McAfee in June. He won’t join Team Woj on air just because he now works with ESPN. “Shams was our guy. Shams is our NBA guy,” said McAfee on his show.
In stark contrast is Smith, who plays by the rules. It behooves him to do so, as he could potentially be one of the two most sought-after free agents in sports media, along with TNT’s Charles Barkley. It’s doubtful ESPN would let Smith slip away. But his current $12 million–per-year deal with ESPN expires next July. The 56-year-old featured commentator and executive producer of First Take made it clear to Clay Travis of OutKick in December he wants to be the highest-paid talent at Disney’s sports media giant. With ESPN poised to take its flagship network direct-to-consumer next year, The Wall Street Journal hails Smith as “The Face of ESPN.”
Given Smith is now heir to ESPN legends including Chris Berman, Bob Ley, and Robin Roberts, he could throw his weight around come contract time. Instead, he has coolly played his hand.
Start with his performance. Yes, Smith irritates ESPN brass by tackling the third rail of politics on Fox News with Sean Hannity or appearing with Travis, the network’s most outspoken critic. But he and moderator Molly Qerim have turned First Take into a morning blockbuster, with the weekday show averaging 451,000 viewers in June to 56,000 for Skip Bayless’ rival Undisputed on FS1. The show posted its most-watched year ever in 2023, averaging 496,000 viewers. First Take is riding a hot streak of 23 straight months of year-over-year growth. The 17-year ESPN veteran also costars on NBA Countdown, hosts The NBA in Stephen A’s World alt-cast, and contributes to SportsCenter. Smith has evolved First Take by recruiting new talent like Bayless’s former on-air partner Shannon Sharpe, Chris “Mad Dog” Russo, and Monica McNutt.
Burke Magnus, ESPN’s No. 2 executive, called Smith a “bona fide superstar” during an interview on Richard Deitsch’s Sports Media podcast. “Nobody works harder than him. He is everywhere all the time,” said Magnus. “Everything we ask him to do, from a different show, a particular appearance or can you join this meeting with sales because it’s an important client meeting, and they’d really love to have you stop by and meet the client. He’ll do that. He never says no. He’s great in that regard. And First Take, which is his primary assignment, is a juggernaut.” Magnus added McAfee is also very open to constructive feedback from him and Pitaro, calling him the voice of a younger generation of sports fans.

Today’s Smith is far more business savvy than the immature “Screaming A” dumped by ESPN in 2009. He’s always willing to appear on other shows like Get Up to juice ESPN ratings. He’s honed his marketing and promotional skills. He’s expanded beyond sports into late-night TV, acting, and politics. With his own podcast and production company, Smith now has multiple options if he can’t reach an agreement with ESPN.
Consider how Smith said all the right things when ESPN broke the bank first for Troy Aikman and Joe Buck in 2022, then McAfee in ’23. Aikman ($18 million a year), McAfee ($17 million), and Buck ($15 million) all leap-frogged Smith’s annual compensation. Instead of throwing a tantrum, the Queens native saluted McAfee for raising the salary bar—and blazing a path of independence for other sports media talents like himself to follow.
“Two things. Number 1: I don’t give a damn. [McAfee] negotiated his deal a few weeks ago. I negotiated my deal a few years ago. The situation is not the same. I’m a big boy. I’ve been to hell and back. This does not faze me at all. Pat McAfee deserves it,” said Smith on his own podcast. “You lookin’ for some haterade here, wrong place. I admire what he has done. I respect what he has done, so much so that I’m doing it. It’s people like Pat McAfee I get to thank for that.”
Even when Smith goes off—such as his merciless attack on former colleague Jason Whitlock—he’s smart enough to do it on his own show, not ESPN air.
On the other hand, studio talents are traditionally far less compensated than the announcers calling the biggest NFL games like Aikman and Buck. Maybe that’s why I keep hearing Smith wants to cover the NFL under his new deal, à la his idol Howard Cosell. Getting his mitts on the NFL would make him even more valuable to ESPN.

Under Pitaro and Magnus, ESPN just posted a strong first half after a 2023 marked by layoffs. Monday Night Football drew its most-watched season in 23 years. ESPN also signed marquee talents like Jason Kelce and Nick Saban and signed extensions with Sharpe and Peyton Manning’s Omaha Productions. Put it all together, and the stars are aligning for Smith to possibly become ESPN’s first $100 million talent. Sources have relayed that his new compensation could eventually come in between $20 million and $25 million per year over five years, compared to five years, $90 million for Aikman, five years, $85 million for McAfee and five years, $75 million for Buck.
Throughout his mercurial career, Smith has also learned there’s an advantage to playing the diplomat. As he tweeted in 2021: “I wake up every morning with [two] thoughts. #1, how do I make my bosses more money? And #2, how do I get some of it?”

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

BY MICHAEL MCCARTHY
Feb 16, 2024; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Team Stephen A coach Stephen A. Smith looks on against Team Shannon during the All Star Celebrity Game at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Stephen A. Smith might have a powerful leverage point as he negotiates a new contract with ESPN: Pat McAfee’s reputation.
Smith is earning plenty of respect from ESPN management for the way he’s handling his contract negotiations—as well as his continued willingness to do whatever it takes to keep the four letters on top, sources tell Front Office Sports.
Smith’s team-player approach contrasts with the occasional bad-boy antics of McAfee, who likes to needle his bosses and test the bounds of their authority. As one top TV insider told FOS on the condition of anonymity: “I’ve got to give Stephen A. credit. He’s used that McAfee is such a bad team player to his own advantage. He brings on only ESPN people; McAfee brings on Shams [Charania]. That’s the kind of thing Stephen A. Smith would never do. He lets Pat McAfee frustrate the ESPN executives so much, they’re like, ‘F*** it. Stephen A. is a good team player.’”
Sources say ESPN brass loves 37-year-old McAfee’s appeal to younger viewers; his performance on College GameDay; and his ability to book A-list guests including Aaron Rodgers, Bill Belichick, Nick Saban, Peyton Manning, and Caitlin Clark. But the former NFL punter has also been a loose cannon. He apologized for his role in the Aaron Rodgers vs. Jimmy Kimmel feud and for calling Caitlin Clark a “white b****.” He publicly lambasted top ESPN executive Norby Williamson as a “rat” seeking to “sabotage” his show in January (Williamson resigned three months later after 40 years at ESPN). He remained defiant on Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson’s All The Smoke podcast: “I report directly to [ESPN chairman] Jimmy [Pitaro] and [Disney CEO] Bob [Iger]. … I saw [media reporting] ‘Pat calls out his boss.’ I don’t got a motherf***ing boss.”
McAfee is correct. From a contractual standpoint, he’s more independent than Smith. He owns his own program, licensing The Pat McAfee Show to ESPN. As executive producer, he maintains creative freedom. (McAfee has a separate talent deal for GameDay.)

And McAfee likes to assert that independence, which includes the on-air invitation to Charania of The Athletic and Stadium to take a victory lap over ESPN’s own Adrian Wojnarowski on their differing JJ Redick coverage. Charania has appeared on the show for years, noted McAfee in June. He won’t join Team Woj on air just because he now works with ESPN. “Shams was our guy. Shams is our NBA guy,” said McAfee on his show.
In stark contrast is Smith, who plays by the rules. It behooves him to do so, as he could potentially be one of the two most sought-after free agents in sports media, along with TNT’s Charles Barkley. It’s doubtful ESPN would let Smith slip away. But his current $12 million–per-year deal with ESPN expires next July. The 56-year-old featured commentator and executive producer of First Take made it clear to Clay Travis of OutKick in December he wants to be the highest-paid talent at Disney’s sports media giant. With ESPN poised to take its flagship network direct-to-consumer next year, The Wall Street Journal hails Smith as “The Face of ESPN.”
Given Smith is now heir to ESPN legends including Chris Berman, Bob Ley, and Robin Roberts, he could throw his weight around come contract time. Instead, he has coolly played his hand.
Start with his performance. Yes, Smith irritates ESPN brass by tackling the third rail of politics on Fox News with Sean Hannity or appearing with Travis, the network’s most outspoken critic. But he and moderator Molly Qerim have turned First Take into a morning blockbuster, with the weekday show averaging 451,000 viewers in June to 56,000 for Skip Bayless’ rival Undisputed on FS1. The show posted its most-watched year ever in 2023, averaging 496,000 viewers. First Take is riding a hot streak of 23 straight months of year-over-year growth. The 17-year ESPN veteran also costars on NBA Countdown, hosts The NBA in Stephen A’s World alt-cast, and contributes to SportsCenter. Smith has evolved First Take by recruiting new talent like Bayless’s former on-air partner Shannon Sharpe, Chris “Mad Dog” Russo, and Monica McNutt.
Burke Magnus, ESPN’s No. 2 executive, called Smith a “bona fide superstar” during an interview on Richard Deitsch’s Sports Media podcast. “Nobody works harder than him. He is everywhere all the time,” said Magnus. “Everything we ask him to do, from a different show, a particular appearance or can you join this meeting with sales because it’s an important client meeting, and they’d really love to have you stop by and meet the client. He’ll do that. He never says no. He’s great in that regard. And First Take, which is his primary assignment, is a juggernaut.” Magnus added McAfee is also very open to constructive feedback from him and Pitaro, calling him the voice of a younger generation of sports fans.

Today’s Smith is far more business savvy than the immature “Screaming A” dumped by ESPN in 2009. He’s always willing to appear on other shows like Get Up to juice ESPN ratings. He’s honed his marketing and promotional skills. He’s expanded beyond sports into late-night TV, acting, and politics. With his own podcast and production company, Smith now has multiple options if he can’t reach an agreement with ESPN.
Consider how Smith said all the right things when ESPN broke the bank first for Troy Aikman and Joe Buck in 2022, then McAfee in ’23. Aikman ($18 million a year), McAfee ($17 million), and Buck ($15 million) all leap-frogged Smith’s annual compensation. Instead of throwing a tantrum, the Queens native saluted McAfee for raising the salary bar—and blazing a path of independence for other sports media talents like himself to follow.
“Two things. Number 1: I don’t give a damn. [McAfee] negotiated his deal a few weeks ago. I negotiated my deal a few years ago. The situation is not the same. I’m a big boy. I’ve been to hell and back. This does not faze me at all. Pat McAfee deserves it,” said Smith on his own podcast. “You lookin’ for some haterade here, wrong place. I admire what he has done. I respect what he has done, so much so that I’m doing it. It’s people like Pat McAfee I get to thank for that.”
Even when Smith goes off—such as his merciless attack on former colleague Jason Whitlock—he’s smart enough to do it on his own show, not ESPN air.
On the other hand, studio talents are traditionally far less compensated than the announcers calling the biggest NFL games like Aikman and Buck. Maybe that’s why I keep hearing Smith wants to cover the NFL under his new deal, à la his idol Howard Cosell. Getting his mitts on the NFL would make him even more valuable to ESPN.

Under Pitaro and Magnus, ESPN just posted a strong first half after a 2023 marked by layoffs. Monday Night Football drew its most-watched season in 23 years. ESPN also signed marquee talents like Jason Kelce and Nick Saban and signed extensions with Sharpe and Peyton Manning’s Omaha Productions. Put it all together, and the stars are aligning for Smith to possibly become ESPN’s first $100 million talent. Sources have relayed that his new compensation could eventually come in between $20 million and $25 million per year over five years, compared to five years, $90 million for Aikman, five years, $85 million for McAfee and five years, $75 million for Buck.
Throughout his mercurial career, Smith has also learned there’s an advantage to playing the diplomat. As he tweeted in 2021: “I wake up every morning with [two] thoughts. #1, how do I make my bosses more money? And #2, how do I get some of it?”

:lol: :smh:coonin aint dead

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

BY MICHAEL MCCARTHY

BY MICHAEL MCCARTHY

You NEED to make a POLL on if this man is gonna get this money bro.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
The baseball HOF is full of racists. Known, admitted, and witnessed racists. Yet folks say "let's separate their actions off the diamond with their play on it."
All white of course.

OJ was acquitted. Whether he committed murder or not is beside the point. Public opinion is not the law.

OJ was the second-best running back I ever saw. He was big, fast as fuck, and shifty. When he got the edge and planted he was gone.

Only JB was better. You had to see JB in action to understand. He was like a man among boys but the game was different then. When Juice played he was hands-down the best. And second-best all-time.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
The baseball HOF is full of racists. Known, admitted, and witnessed racists. Yet folks say "let's separate their actions off the diamond with their play on it."
All white of course.

OJ was acquitted. Whether he committed murder or not is beside the point. Public opinion is not the law.

OJ was the second-best running back I ever saw. He was big, fast as fuck, and shifty. When he got the edge and planted he was gone.

Only JB was better. You had to see JB in action to understand. He was like a man among boys but the game was different then. When Juice played he was hands-down the best. And second-best all-time.
To echo your point, Michael Vick was disciplined by the NFL, because they said, even if he didn't personally participate in the dog fighting, it happened on his property, therefore; he was still responsible. Aight, cool. When Andy Reid's son got caught dealing dope out of Reid's home, was Andy ever held responsible?

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
To echo your point, Michael Vick was disciplined by the NFL, because they said, even if he didn't personally participate in the dog fighting, it happened on his property, therefore; he was still responsible. Aight, cool. When Andy Reid's son got caught dealing dope out of Reid's home, was Andy ever held responsible?

How about that?

And some of those baseball guys were known to have watched lynchings if not participated.

And I forgot to add sas got his white masters' dick so far up his ass he burps semen

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I forgot to mentioned that he wouldn't let his nephews wear a hoodie when he went on that rant that day.

First,he sided with Mark Cuban when it comes to hoodies.

Second,told grown black men that they should stop wearing hoodies before getting shots before a NBA game because it could make white folks uncomfortable.

Then,have the audacity to say he doesn't let his nephews wear hoodies(at the time)...

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I couldn't find the show from first time they talked about it but here's Coon Smith's response the day after when folks were calling his ass out on Twitter.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
When he was on the Tom Joyner Show and said that his own mother asked him if he was a sellout, that told me all I needed to know about him and what he's about.

Big House Gaines looking at you sideways SAS

I forgot to mentioned that he wouldn't let his nephews wear a hoodie when he went on that rant that day.

First,he sided with Mark Cuban when it comes to hoodies.

Second,told grown black men that they should stop wearing hoodies before getting shots before a NBA game because it could make white folks uncomfortable.

Then,have the audacity to say he doesn't let his nephews wear hoodies(at the time)...

@playahaitian

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To bring your point even further home, how many people actually know the details to this story? I didn’t know these details.

When a black player is involved, every media company is covering it. When it’s the other way around, nobody covers it, and you have to go looking for the facts to know

That’s the difference…

We don’t own any media companies….