World's 'Most Monstrous Bodybuilder' Dead At 36 After Heart Attack

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
So, you're telling me steroids is still safe as long as they don't abuse them?
absolutely. the issue is with how the use has been portrayed in the news and media. ALL professional athletes are on some form of steroid. When youre under a drs care its very safe. thats why TRT is all the rage right now.
I'll never understand why people can't get muscles from working out and always need to take some extra shit.
i did for more than 20 years and i was HUGE. but i never had the kind of total muscular development while natural that i get now with TRT. it also helps to maintain muscle while losing fat.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just a waste of life to do all that shit and die at an early age.
Not true.
The dude died doing what he WANTED to do.
Regardless of how you feel about it, (or him); he set a standard for himself and pursued it.

In many ways it's not much different from top tier athletes, race car drivers or even professional stuntman.
If they die doing what they love doing, then they can die happy.

Not everyone can say they achieved this...

Last edited:

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
i did for more than 20 years and i was HUGE. but i never had the kind of total muscular development while natural that i get now with TRT. it also helps to maintain muscle while losing fat.
I don't want to be the biggest, just enough to where I have the strength to handle my everyday needs which could be physical since you have to lift things.

But I heard steroids can affect with how you perform in bed, unless I'm wrong about that. I would like to read up more info about the benefits of using TRT as long as it doesn't affect nothing else I want to do when having sex.

Does a doctor have to perform a test before prescribing a person TRT?

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Not true.
The dude died doing what he WANTED to do.
Regardless of how you feel about it, (or him); he set as standard for himself and pursued it.

In many ways it's not much different from top tier athletes, race car drivers or even professional stuntman.
If they die doing what they love doing, then they can die happy.

Not everyone can say they achieved this...
If it's at the risk of what he's doing, which could be a short life span, More power to them.

But to each their own.

Happy or not of what he enjoyed doing, he's dead and was only 36.

Life is short.

I see why people say bodybuilding is a dangerous job.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
I don't want to be the biggest, just enough to where I have the strength to handle my everyday needs which could be physical since you have to lift things.
im not even on them to be big. its to maintain muscle while also maintaining low body fat.
But I heard steroids can affect with how you perform in bed, unless I'm wrong about that. I would like to read up more info about the benefits of using TRT as long as it doesn't affect nothing else I want to do when having sex.
taking too much can do that. a regular amount is prescribed to make you have better wood.
Does a doctor have to perform a test before prescribing a person TRT?
YES :lol:

but these male clinics will do it too.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
If it's at the risk of what he's doing, which could be a short life span, More power to them.

But to each their own.

Happy or not of what he enjoyed doing, he's dead and was only 36.

Life is short.

I see why people say bodybuilding is a dangerous job.
That's the excuse people on roids use to defend anyone who dies. I guarantee you he was not happy and suffered from body dismorphia, and I'm pretty sure even though he knew the risks he did not expect to die so young.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
36...?? damn his life aint even start yet????

I mean RIP to dude, but, if you dont get cardio in

your workouts, then you aint really working out....

you just workin ON aesthitics!!!

nowadays its like having a heart attack before 40 is normal..

and its far from that shit!!!
Roids change the constitution of the myocardium muscles making them denser and less flexible as well as causing them to swell due to hypertrophic anabolic factors brought on by the steroid use. Better cycling would help but cardio aint gonna do shit.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
im not even on them to be big. its to maintain muscle while also maintaining low body fat.

taking too much can do that. a regular amount is prescribed to make you have better wood.

YES :lol:

but these male clinics will do it too.
What age you think people should start getting TRT because I've seen this being for people in their 50s, 60s, 70s...

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
That's the excuse people on roids use to defend anyone who dies. I guarantee you he was not happy and suffered from body dismorphia, and I'm pretty sure even though he knew the risks he did not expect to die so young.
They need to know they can die young with the risk they take using and abusing those steroids because it seems like the norm with these dudes being huge and then die early.

People don't take into consideration how dangerous bodybuilding is until it's too late.

People be so insecure with trying to size up others instead of of knowing their limits because women out there don't even want a person that's too big.

But hey, dude did what he wanted and suffered the consequences from it which turned out to cause his demise.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
What age you think people should start getting TRT because I've seen this being for people in their 50s, 60s, 70s...
What Buk isn't telling you is that that great feeling he has from taking TRT and those gains he is seeing will only be for about about a year two before his body becomes accustomed to it and then he will be stuck injecting himself in the ass every week for the rest of his life.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't care what anyone says steroids is killing these body builders and it's not always the ones that abuse it either, it's the regular joe who's taking that shit to maintain a look for money, confidence and addiction.

And if it doesn't kill you,it leaves you fucked up in some form or another.

And these Internet YouTubers lie their asses off by claiming to be natural when their everything but natural, Chris Jones,C.T Fletcher, MikeRashid,Kali muscle Arnold,and the rest of them... there's a handful of them that tell the truth and some of them are no longer here...

Don't believe the lies

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
I WOULD NOT start it before your 40s. It works well for me because of my muscle memory from being natural and consistent for so long.

Im naturally a endomesomorph.

I build muscle easily but never got that super cut look.

Now??? Shidddd.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
They need to know they can die young with the risk they take using and abusing those steroids because it seems like the norm with these dudes being huge and then die early.

People don't take into consideration how dangerous bodybuilding is until it's too late.

People be so insecure with trying to size up others instead of of knowing their limits because women out there don't even want a person that's too big.

But hey, dude did what he wanted and suffered the consequences from it which turned out to cause his demise.
NIHR Blue Logo
Search articles
Search

Evidence

Show accessibility options Search
Even low doses of steroids increase the risk of cardiovascular disease in people with inflammatory diseases
Heart and Circulation

doi: 10.3310/alert_47478

View commentaries and related content
This is a plain English summary of an original research article. The views expressed are those of the author(s) and reviewer(s) at the time of publication.

People who take steroids to treat long-term inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis or inflammatory bowel disease have an increased risk of heart disease, stroke, and other cardiovascular disease.

New research found that the risk of cardiovascular disease increases with the dose and duration of steroid treatment. A surprising finding was that even low daily doses increase the risk.

There are few effective treatment options for many inflammatory diseases. Even so, this study suggests that doctors should seek to prescribe the minimum effective dose for the shortest time.

The researchers also suggest that people taking steroids, even those on low doses, would benefit from regular monitoring and extra support to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease. With the help of their GP, many people may be able to reduce their risk through lifestyle changes such as stopping smoking or losing weight.

What’s the issue?
Glucocorticoids are steroids that are commonly prescribed to treat a range of long-term inflammatory diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease. About 1 in 100 people take this medication to reduce inflammation and other symptoms. For some of these diseases, treatment options are limited.

One known risk of glucocorticoids is that long-term use in high doses may increase a person’s chance of developing cardiovascular disease, including heart disease and stroke. Before this study, the impact of low to moderate doses was less clear.

The researchers assessed the cardiovascular disease risk in people with six inflammatory diseases taking lower doses of glucocorticoids.

What’s new?
The researchers analysed the medical records of 87,794 patients treated in 389 primary care practices in the UK between 1998 and 2017. They were 56 years’ old on average and had all been diagnosed with one or more of six inflammatory diseases. These long-term diseases affect different parts of the body and can be debilitating.

The six diseases and some typical symptoms are:

rheumatoid arthritis (pain and stiffness of joints)
inflammatory bowel disease (abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhoea)
giant cell arteritis (headache, jaw pain and vision problems)
polymyalgia rheumatica (pain and stiffness often in shoulders and hips; tiredness, and low mood)
lupus (joint pain, tiredness and skin rashes)
vasculitis (skin rash; more seriously, problems with heart, kidney and other organs).
None of the people in the study had cardiovascular disease when they were first treated for their inflammatory disease.

The researchers assessed their risk of six common cardiovascular diseases. They considered:

atrial fibrillation (irregular heart beat)
heart failure (heart is unable to pump blood properly)
heart attack
stroke and other diseases affecting blood vessels supplying the brain
peripheral arterial disease (reduced blood flow to leg muscles)
abdominal aortic aneurysm (swelling in the aorta, the main blood vessel leaving the heart).
Most glucocorticoid prescriptions (96%) were for prednisolone. The study found that the risk of developing all six cardiovascular diseases increased with higher daily dose and duration of prednisolone. This increased risk was present even at a low dose of 5 mg/day.

After a year of treatment:

people taking a daily dose of less than 5 mg prednisolone had twice their original risk of developing cardiovascular disease
people taking daily doses of 25 mg or more had six times their original risk of developing cardiovascular disease (increased from 1.4% to 8.9%).
Why is this important?
A low daily dose of prednisolone (5 mg or less) was previously believed to be safe long-term. This study suggests that prednisolone increases the risk of a range of fatal and nonfatal cardiovascular diseases. It concludes that this risk increases with the dose and duration of steroid treatment. People on high doses develop a risk similar to those with diabetes.

The findings highlight how important it is for primary care clinicians to prescribe patients the minimal effective dose of steroids for the shortest duration of time.

The researchers call on GPs to regularly monitor and help reduce cardiovascular risk for patients taking glucocorticoids, even those on low doses. Many people may be able to reduce their risk by making lifestyle changes such as stopping smoking or losing weight.

The researchers stress that people currently taking glucocorticoids should not suddenly stop taking them. This can lead to life-threatening complications or flare-ups in their condition. Anyone concerned with taking this medication should speak to their doctor.

What’s next?
Tools for scoring cardiovascular risk do not take into account glucocorticoid dose. Refining methods of risk prediction may help doctors identify which patients would benefit from taking steps to reduce their risk.

The study highlights the need for new treatment approaches for long-term inflammatory diseases. These should avoid or minimise long-term glucocorticoid treatment and have less effect on the risk of developing cardiovascular disease. When new potential therapies are identified, their benefits and risks need to be compared to those resulting from glucocorticoid treatment.

Further research is needed into why glucocorticoids appear to have a negative impact on the cardiovascular system.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
I don't care what anyone says steroids is killing these body builders and it's not always the ones that abuse it either,
Its ALWAYS the ones who abuse it.

The Rock, Terry Crews, Sylvester Stallone, Hugh Jackman, Zach Efron, LL Cool J, ain't Nan one um died from steroid use and they been on that shit for decades.

"They stack various steroids and other muscle-building drugs, then add in compounds intended to burn fat, blunt appetite or sap water from below the skin. They might counteract the worst side effects with another arsenal of medications, vitamins and supplements."

We all know people who drank themselves to death, but not all drinkers die from alcoholism. Only the alcoholics do.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor

The Rock, Terry Crews, Sylvester Stallone, Hugh Jackman, Zach Efron, LL Cool J, ain't Nan one um died from steroid use and they been on that shit for decades.

"They stack various steroids and other muscle-building drugs, then add in compounds intended to burn fat, blunt appetite or sap water from below the skin. They might counteract the worst side effects with another arsenal of medications, vitamins and supplements."

We all know people who drank themselves to death, but not all drinkers die from alcoholism. Only the alcoholics do.
Dave Bautista said he stopped using steroids because he wanted to live longer and he doesn't look the same compared to when he was in WWE on steroids.

Last edited:

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Link me to the article where he says that.
I was looking at from a standpoint that he stopped taking steroids from his weight loss. He wanted to lose weight to be able to get more roles in movies.

I could be wrong, and he could still be taking steroids with during his weight loss.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Them some bad example cause Sylvester looks like shit,the Rock is slowly turning,LL looks like the 2024 version of the ninja turtles and no longer the old version tell him to remove that hat though lol.

I understand what your saying cause look at Hulk Hogan he looks good for his age even though he's looked 60 his whole life,he's rich and got that good shit.

Remember the tv show American Gladiators,they have a doc about the show and how the athletes turned out after the show was over and all but two look healthy and it was roids it was drugs,depression that took them down.