Xbox Series X/S Microsoft - Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 confirmed for Xbox Game Pass on day 1

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I think it's the issue with the two systems...

Playstation just has better Single player third party games and Xbox is just a better FPS system.

So it depends on what you like.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Loved the show

Same... I got almost everything that I needed.

I really need to see more about that Rare game.. That bad boy is giving me Avatar and Korra vibes ... If the in game looks like that trailer.. then WOW.. If it's even close then wow.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Xbox strategy seems to be game pass because for me personally that showcase didn't make me want to go out and buy a Series X. I'll eventually get one but I will get a PS5 first.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - Xbox Games Showcase Trailer

CrossfireX - Official Campaign Reveal Trailer

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
It's cause you aren't a FPS guy..

for an FPS guy like me... this show gave me what what I wanted..

The only thing I hate that I didn't see was this Perfect dark game.

Halo looks fucking perfect.
Yeah no Battle Toads, no Killer Instint 2, nothing familiar from Rare, no Splinter Cell. As a 3rd person gamer this show left me hanging.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Things I don't get..

Playstation shows trailers for games that might not come out for years........ "This show is amazing"

Xbox shows trailers for games that might not come out for years........ "They didn't show me gameplay"

I mean gawd damn people... Anthem showed us that Gameplay doesn't mean Jack Shit.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Things I don't get..

Playstation shows trailers for games that might not come out for years........ "This show is amazing"

Xbox shows trailers for games that might not come out for years........ "They didn't show me gameplay"

I mean gawd damn people... Anthem showed us that Gameplay doesn't mean Jack Shit.

So true.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Things I don't get..

I'm glad that they are sticking to a plan instead of trying to do what people claim they want because no matter what they do Sony always has the advantage. I liked this better than the Sony showcase easily.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Xbox strategy seems to be game pass because for me personally that showcase didn't make me want to go out and buy a Series X. I'll eventually get one but I will get a PS5 first.

On the real fam.....

I don't think Microsoft cares.. they just want you in the ecosytem. In their minds.... you can get the system whenever and when you do.. as long as you have gamepass all these games are going to be on it. That's the thing..... Everything they showed will be on gamepass. So you aren't buying any of these games. PS5.. you have to buy the system and then also buy the game... on Xbox.. you just need the system and gamepass.

Both of these new consoles are going to lose money based on the costs to make them vs retail.... Xbox knows this.. That's why they are pushing gamepass .... It's also why they got rid of the yearly xbox live fee. I figure that eventually it's going to be a pure monthly or 6 month package. They want to have Millions of people paying them 15 to 20 dollars a month..... and stager the production of the xbox series x to reduce costs..

They also want you playing their games on your PC because they can slide in bits of advertising and collect player data from you to later use....

Sony just has Playstation ... They have to get you to buy their games on their system. Putting them on PC... hurts their bottom line.

This showcase showed me two things..

For the long run... Microsoft has a better business model. While I would like more 3rd party games.. the fact that I can play everything I saw today on gamepass is huge.

The days of the console wars are over. Unless Sony adapts in 10 years... they are going to be in trouble. Eventually the Data cap wars will be over and streaming games will be more economical and eventually xcloud is going to allow me to play the games on my xbox from anywhere.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Had to tell a friend of mine that I'm calling Killzone Shenanigans on Ratchet and Clank being actual gameplay with the warping effects. Sony kills it with hype even if something doesn't live up to it. Reminds me of Apple in a way. But honestly we all need to play what we like most and leave it at that. I'm playing State of Decay 2 like crazy this past month and I got bored with FF7 Remake within the first 3 hours. And I pumped months into the original.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

My gut is telling me... there will be another showcase to announce the price of the system and on that day we will see footage from the Initiative, more Halo gameplay and news that Battletoads will be on gamepass on the release date.

I just feel like Microsoft is still holding shit back to see what Sony is going to do..

Just like I feel like Sony is holding shit back to see what Microsoft is going to do

Right now.. it's hard to talk about which system you are going to buy cause no one knows the price or a sure fire release date.

Hell Microsoft could hold all the way to September if they wanted..... All their shit will be on Xbox One and PC anyway.. they can wait a little longer then Sony.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
On the real fam.....

I don't think Microsoft cares.. they just want you in the ecosytem. In their minds.... you can get the system whenever and when you do.. as long as you have gamepass all these games are going to be on it. That's the thing..... Everything they showed will be on gamepass. So you aren't buying any of these games. PS5.. you have to buy the system and then also buy the game... on Xbox.. you just need the system and gamepass.

Both of these new consoles are going to lose money based on the costs to make them vs retail.... Xbox knows this.. That's why they are pushing gamepass .... It's also why they got rid of the yearly xbox live fee. I figure that eventually it's going to be a pure monthly or 6 month package. They want to have Millions of people paying them 15 to 20 dollars a month..... and stager the production of the xbox series x to reduce costs..

They also want you playing their games on your PC because they can slide in bits of advertising and collect player data from you to later use....

Sony just has Playstation ... They have to get you to buy their games on their system. Putting them on PC... hurts their bottom line.

For the long run... Microsoft has a better business model. While I would like more 3rd party games.. the fact that I can play everything I saw today on gamepass is huge.

The days of the console wars are over. Unless Sony adapts in 10 years... they are going to be in trouble. Eventually the Data cap wars will be over and streaming games will be more economical and eventually xcloud is going to allow me to play the games on my xbox from anywhere.
Had a friend recently ask me why I prefer XBox. And I told him its the system features itself. I just bought the Cyberpunk controller to go with my Gears 5 one and guess what, they move on to the next system with me. No need to start over ALL OVER again. Gonna get a bigger external to move all my BC games forward. No need for anything fancy or whatever. Just plug in and keep it moving. Same with Game Pass. Adding XCloud to it is crazy as well as already having access to games on PC.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Had to tell a friend of mine that I'm calling Killzone Shenanigans on Ratchet and Clank being actual gameplay with the warping effects. Sony kills it with hype even if something doesn't live up to it. Reminds me of Apple in a way. But honestly we all need to play what we like most and leave it at that. I'm playing State of Decay 2 like crazy this past month and I got bored with FF7 Remake within the first 3 hours. And I pumped months into the original.

yeap... Ratchet and Clank was not true gameplay. The game doesn't even have a release date. It could drop next year or 2022 for all we know.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Had a friend recently ask me why I prefer XBox. And I told him its the system features itself. I just bought the Cyberpunk controller to go with my Gears 5 one and guess what, they move on to the next system with me. No need to start over ALL OVER again. Gonna get a bigger external to move all my BC games forward. No need for anything fancy or whatever. Just plug in and keep it moving. Same with Game Pass. Adding XCloud to it is crazy as well as already having access to games on PC.

Same for me....

Plus I've noticed that Playstation 4 still has problems playing Cinematics from games that are on my external harddrive I always have to move them over to the internal drive and I have to wait until the transfer is complete before I can play any other game.

Xbox never has problems with games on the external drives and I can move shit around in a Breeze and still do shit

Everyone bitches about the Xbox interface.. but to me the shit is fucking perfect.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On the real fam.....

I agree with you on some points but not all. Gamepass will sell units for Xbox and I actually like gamepass. Sony been around for a long time, they have a solid base and those exclusive are what helps sell those consoles but they also make a good product like Xbox. I expect both consoles to be around for a long time unless something catastrophic happens. But usually with consoles the best games don't come until they are 3 to 5 years into their cycle. I have an Xbox one x and a PS4 pro, after all these years I'm still a hardcore gamer, I always get both consoles.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
yeap... Ratchet and Clank was not true gameplay. The game doesn't even have a release date. It could drop next year or 2022 for all we know.
Miles doesn't even have gameplay ready and its half a game using an upgraded Spidey 1 engine yet Ratchet is seamlessly jumping worlds with no loading. FOH!
Everyone bitches about the Xbox interface.. but to me the shit is fucking perfect.
The one now is perfect to me. Simple and customizable.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
I agree with you on some points but not all. Gamepass will sell units for Xbox and I actually like gamepass. Sony been around for a long time, they have a solid base and those exclusive are what helps sell those consoles but they also make a good product like Xbox. I expect both consoles to be around for a long time unless something catastrophic happens. But usually with consoles the best games don't come until they are 3 to 5 years into their cycle. I have an Xbox one x and a PS4 pro, after all these years I'm still a hardcore gamer, I always get both consoles.
Exclusives are a good talking point while niggas play COD, GTA and 2K daily. I just tell folks to play where you feel comfortable or play with your friends because those are the only games that truly sell over and over.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exclusives are a good talking point while niggas play COD, GTA and 2K daily. I just tell folks to play where you feel comfortable or play with your friends because those are the only games that truly sell over and over.
It's probably a good talking point if someone wants to argue about stuff but I wouldn't bring it up if games like Spiderman, God of War, The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn and Ghost of Tsushima were on all consoles. Those games I mentioned are dope as fuck, those are they type of games I like to play. Multi-player games, I usually buy them for my Xbox especially COD.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

I have both consoles too.. but I also see the writing on the wall

Shit is about to change fam...

If everyone had highspeed broadband internet access... both of these companies would focus on gamepass like subscription services and get away from Consoles.

Both companies are selling consoles at a loss ... they might sell millions of units... but if I'm selling 1 millions lambos for the price of a Toyota Corolla.. am I really making a strong profit from the system alone. The true money comes from the system, licensing revenue, ad revenue, first party game sales, and other shit... Sony has an exceptionally strong First party game division that makes MILLIONS from their game sales which is why Sony has almost never put their shit on PC.... until now... Sony needs you to buy Playstations and if their games are only on Playstations then you have to buy a PS4 to play their shit. It's smart for them..

Microsoft has Xbox and they have PC... they just need you to stay in the ecosystem.. Doesn't matter to them if it's a PC or Console as long as your time is spent on either Unit.. cause they can get your data and data is more valuable then all of this. It's smart for them.

I think if Xbox was completely spun off from Microsoft and had to operate like Sony or Nintendo... then they would care more about keeping their intellectual property only on their platforms. The fact that they don't tells you everything.. I mean hell Cuphead is on Switch now..

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have both consoles too.. but I also see the writing on the wall

Shit is about to change fam...

If everyone had highspeed broadband internet access... both of these companies would focus on gamepass like subscription services and get away from Consoles.

Both companies are selling consoles at a loss ... they might sell millions of units... but if I'm selling 1 millions lambos for the price of a Toyota Corolla.. am I really making a strong profit from the system alone. The true money comes from the system, licensing revenue, ad revenue, first party game sales, and other shit... Sony has an exceptionally strong First party game division that makes MILLIONS from their game sales which is why Sony has almost never put their shit on PC.... until now... Sony needs you to buy Playstations and if their games are only on Playstations then you have to buy a PS4 to play their shit. It's smart for them..

Microsoft has Xbox and they have PC... they just need you to stay in the ecosystem.. Doesn't matter to them if it's a PC or Console as long as your time is spent on either Unit.. cause they can get your data and data is more valuable then all of this. It's smart for them.

I think if Xbox was completely spun off from Microsoft and had to operate like Sony or Nintendo... then they would care more about keeping their intellectual property only on their platforms. The fact that they don't tells you everything.. I mean hell Cuphead is on Switch now..
You could be absolutely right, hell I don't know. I remember Nintendo being on its death bed and bounce back. For the Playstation to fall off that bad, me personally, I just don't see that happening. But if everything you said happens then we will probably see signs of that a few years into the new consoles or maybe less.