Yellowstone (2018): 1 Part Justified + 1 Part Sopranos + 1 Part Bonanza + 1 Part Cowboys versus Indians

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Side note ... if you're looking for something to watch. Been checking out the first few episodes of season 1 of this show lately. It's been pretty good. Reminds me a bit of Yellowstone + Tin Star (the Tim Roth series).

Season 2 of Joe Pickett is currently airing. We've checked out the first 3 eps of s1 so far.

Joe Pickett is an American neo-Western crime drama television series based on characters created by novelist C.J. Box. The series is produced by Paramount Television Studios and was initially released on Spectrum Originals in 2021, and then on Paramount+.[1] The series stars Michael Dorman, Julianna Guill, Sharon Lawrence, Paul Sparks, Mustafa Speaks, and David Alan Grier.[2][3]

The first season premiered on December 6, 2021, and consisted of ten episodes. In February 2022, the series was renewed for a second season[4] which premiered on June 4, 2023, on Paramount+.[5]

Synopsis​

The series follows the life of Joe Pickett, a Wyoming-based game warden, and his family in the small town of Saddlestring and the surrounding wilderness of Yellowstone National Park.[1]

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
@Helico-pterFunk

I wont spoil Joe Pickett for you, but it starts slow and picks up nicely. If you can stick with it, I think you'll like how the plot plays out.
I remember the lead actor from Patriot on Amazon and he did a decent job there.
Nice to see David Alan Grier in a drama role as well.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@Helico-pterFunk

I wont spoil Joe Pickett for you, but it starts slow and picks up nicely. If you can stick with it, I think you'll like how the plot plays out.
I remember the lead actor from Patriot on Amazon and he did a decent job there.
Nice to see David Alan Grier in a drama role as well.

Thanks. Glad you liked it - we're liking it so far. The small town feel and the world they're building on the show. The slow build with the tension. The flashbacks are told well too (they don't overdo them).

Enjoying Grier's role as well ... funny to think back on his MANY great characters 30 years ago on In Living Color. Like you said - good to see his dramatic acting here.

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thanks. Glad you liked it - we're liking it so far. The small town feel and the world they're building on the show. The slow build with the tension. The flashbacks are told well too (they don't overdo them).

Enjoying Grier's role as well ... funny to think back on his MANY great characters 30 years ago on In Living Color. Like you said - good to see his dramatic acting here.
Glad you're liking it. The survivalist brother gets his moment(s) of shine as well.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

KEVIN COSTNER VS. CHRISTINE BAUMGARTNERJUDGE ORDERS HER OUT BY JULY 31... Big Sign Prenup Is Valid​

7/5/2023 1:57 PM PT​

Kevin Costner Christine Baumgartner

Getty
UPDATE
5:05 PM PT -- TMZ has just obtained the judge's written ruling, and he squarely rejected Christine's arguments that Kevin was trying to unfairly kick her out of their house, saying her points are "without merit." Christine had argued she "will move in due course, but this is a major undertaking and can only be accomplished with careful planning ... " The judge didn't buy it.

Kevin Costner just won big in court today, and the implications for his bitter divorce from Christine Baumgartner are even bigger ... because it looks like the judge is inclined to rule their prenup is valid.
The judge enforced a provision of the prenup which says, in the event a divorce petition is filed, Christine has a certain number of days to vacate the family home -- that date is July 31.

Christine Baumgartner arriving to court

Backgrid
Christine's lawyers have argued the date is unfair because she doesn't have enough time or money to find an adequate place to live. Her attorney asked for an extension to August 15.
Kevin's attorney, disso queen Laura Wasser, has taken the position a deal is a deal, and it's right there in the prenup. Today the judge agreed.

Kevin Costner Christine Baumgartner

Getty
There's an even bigger consequence to the judge's ruling. A hearing on the validity of the prenup is set for November, and given the acrimony in this case, Christine and her lawyers are expected to wage legal war to have the prenup declared invalid.
The judge's ruling today is squarely predicated on language in the prenup, so it seems the judge is inclined -- perhaps more than inclined -- to enforce the prenup, which would be a huge win for Kevin.
Kevin Costner and Christine Baumgartner -- Happier Times KEVIN AND CHRISTINE -- HAPPIER TIMESLAUNCH GALLERYGetty
BTW ... the implications are financially dire for Christine, because if the judge rules the prenup is valid, she has to return the $1.5 million Kevin gave her. She'll also have to pay Kevin's attorney's fees incurred for defending the prenup.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also he has been on the production and direction side too for 25+ years....and he owns a company that was involved in the BP oil spill cleanup

Agreed. It’s amazing some of those career earnings stars pull in. Costner’s mostly known for his 80s and 90s movies too.

And of course Yellowstone has paid well these past 5+ years.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member

I'm just getting into this because I was trying to wait for S2 of 1923. But, looks like that's not gonna happen. I'm up to S3, Ep6 now. John fucking the Governor is a delightful turn. Jamie trying to win acceptance, Beth and Rip letting it become public and Kayce is a killer of the highest order. I'm hoping they explain what happened to the Native girl from 1923 at some point. Is she somebody's mom?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

I'm just getting into this because I was trying to wait for S2 of 1923. But, looks like that's not gonna happen. I'm up to S3, Ep6 now. John fucking the Governor is a delightful turn. Jamie trying to win acceptance, Beth and Rip letting it become public and Kayce is a killer of the highest order. I'm hoping they explain what happened to the Native girl from 1923 at some point. Is she somebody's mom?

The Native Girl is the Chief in “Yellowstone” Maternal Grandmother.

A3IMPPHPEND7NAWZQ7OUG6ALM4.jpeg

He was adopted as a child and thought he was Mexican. He found out as a adult prior to the series starting that he was full blooded Indian and claimed his right in the tribe.

Not sure which season he explained it.

Also, I believe he is related to the Chief that was buried in “1883”. Don’t want to spoil it further but that storyline comes back in later seasons of “Yellowstone”.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
The Native Girl is the Chief in “Yellowstone” Maternal Grandmother.

A3IMPPHPEND7NAWZQ7OUG6ALM4.jpeg

He was adopted as a child and thought he was Mexican. He found out as a adult prior to the series starting that he was full blooded Indian and claimed his right in the tribe.

Not sure which season he explained it.

Also, I believe he is related to the Chief that was buried in “1883”. Don’t want to spoil it further but that storyline comes back in later seasons of “Yellowstone”.
Thanks. I suspected a link and happy to see it. He's about the only really "decent" person so far. I'm rooting for him.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Thanks. I suspected a link and happy to see it. He's about the only really "decent" person so far. I'm rooting for him.

I think a few characters in Yellowstone, their ancestry is being shown in “1883”, “1923” and the upcoming Bass Reeves.

One characters backstory that hasn’t been revealed is the Black dude named Colby who is Fuckin’ that White chick in the bunkhouse on Yellowstone.

yellowstone-star-denim-richards-why-teeter-got-boot-despite-being-branded.png

I suspect he is a descendant of the Black dude in “1883” or Bass Reeves. He must have some connection and clout to the Dutton family, especially with him Fuckin’ the White chick and nobody seems upset about it or brings it up.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She pretty much told him from jump that they were gonna fuck
:lol:

I think a few characters in Yellowstone, their ancestry is being shown in “1883”, “1923” and the upcoming Bass Reeves.

One characters backstory that hasn’t been revealed is the Black dude named Colby who is Fuckin’ that White chick in the bunkhouse on Yellowstone.

yellowstone-star-denim-richards-why-teeter-got-boot-despite-being-branded.png

I suspect he is a descendant of the Black dude in “1883” or Bass Reeves. He must have some connection and clout to the Dutton family, especially with him Fuckin’ the White chick and nobody seems upset about it or brings it up.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
'Yellowstone' creator Taylor Sheridan says he's not surprised critics hate the show: 'It has no plot'

He added: "It's not surprising that critics hate it because it's designed for them to hate."

Eve Crosbie
Jan 6, 2024

65993e83ec62ab5daf815034

Kevin Costner and Taylor Sheridan

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘Yellowstone’s Taylor Sheridan Lands ‘Empire Of The Summer Moon’, Will Write & Direct Epic On Comanche Leader Quanah & Rise And Fall Of Old West’s Fiercest Tribe

A long-standing passion project of Sheridan’s since back when the project was set up at Warner Bros, the book is an exhaustive historical account of the four-decade struggle between the Comanche tribe and white settlers to control the American West. Quanah was considered its greatest chief.

By Mike Fleming Jr
January 18, 2024

Taylor-sheridan.jpg

Taylor Sheridan, "Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History"

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
‘Yellowstone’s Taylor Sheridan Lands ‘Empire Of The Summer Moon’, Will Write & Direct Epic On Comanche Leader Quanah & Rise And Fall Of Old West’s Fiercest Tribe

A long-standing passion project of Sheridan’s since back when the project was set up at Warner Bros, the book is an exhaustive historical account of the four-decade struggle between the Comanche tribe and white settlers to control the American West. Quanah was considered its greatest chief.

By Mike Fleming Jr
January 18, 2024

Taylor-sheridan.jpg

Taylor Sheridan, "Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History"
OH - this is going to be the shit