Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
espnapi_dm_171105_ufc_dillashaw_garbradnt_hr_wmain.jpg

OnSlaught

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got what I asked for
Always gonna be a fan of GDP. Born on the same day, same year a few hours apart. He's even left-handed too. Mad humble as well.

Glad his comeback to the Octo was victorious.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I got what I asked for
Always gonna be a fan of GDP. Born on the same day, same year a few hours apart. He's even left-handed too. Mad humble as well.

Glad his comeback to the Octo was victorious.

Very impressive return. 4 years away ... comes in 15lbs up division-wise, and submits his opponent cold.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Not going to even front, my emotions got the best of me when Rose won.

That win was beyond inspiring.

Yes - very surprising upset. It would be funny to look at the major bets coming in on Rose & Joanna ... and who made out big / lost it all.

Especially stopping a dominant champion within 1 round. All the responses at the party were "Damn ..." ... "Oh shit ..." ... "Are you kidding me right now?"

Funniest line was - "I don't trust Rose's win. She looks jacked out of her mind. That bloodwork is gonna be her downfall."

Reply to the above was - "She's one of the smallest people on the roster! What?!"

:roflmao3:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
And I will say THIS:

We all hate Ronda but part of the reason I wanted to see JJ tie and break that record is to wipe our her mark on the sport but instead , its proven once again that it is HARD to defend a title SIX times.

None of the women in Rondas division have defended more than twice. Amanda Nunes has a shot at it , but she's already talking retirement. Plus the girl who beat Nunes before is the girl who Ronda beat in 14 seconds.

Joanna was close in this division , and now that's gone. I don't see Rose defending even once but we'll see. It's a long way to six though.

Like it or not, Rondas shadow still looks over the sport for the audience she brought in , and he record which STILL stands.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Not going to even front, my emotions got the best of me when Rose won.

That win was beyond inspiring.
It really was. And I didn't want that to happen but who can't love a serious underdog believe in yourself story? And like THAT? Jesus.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
And I will say THIS:

We all hate Ronda but part of the reason I wanted to see JJ tie and break that record is to wipe our her mark on the sport but instead , its proven once again that it is HARD to defend a title SIX times.

None of the women in Rondas division have defended more than twice. Amanda Nunes has a shot at it , but she's already talking retirement. Plus the girl who beat Nunes before is the girl who Ronda beat in 14 seconds.

Joanna was close in this division , and now that's gone. I don't see Rose defending even once but we'll see. It's a long way to six though.

Like it or not, Rondas shadow still looks over the sport for the audience she brought in , and he record which STILL stands.

True. Those long, unbeaten streaks are always impressive with champions, past and present.

JJ, DJ, GSP, Jones, Cruz, Aldo, etc. So many great years when they are/were in their peaks.

OnSlaught

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Very impressive return. 4 years away ... comes in 15lbs up division-wise, and submits his opponent cold.

He's a monster. Goes to show that old dogs can learn new tricks. Almost everyone thought he was going to come in with the boring grappling/pin/sprawl method he's known for. He's highly technical but he's also a black belt in damn near every martial art he's touched.

GSP is a beast!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
He's a monster. Goes to show that old dogs can learn new tricks. Almost everyone thought he was going to come in with the boring grappling/pin/sprawl method he's known for. He's highly technical but he's also a black belt in damn near every martial art he's touched.

GSP is a beast!

True. Also, the years away were probably good for his health & clarity. Taking damage in practice ... but not the in-fight battles like the ones with Condit & Hendricks. Getting away from the limelight and training more & healthily putting those additional 15lbs on over time.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yes - very surprising upset. It would be funny to look at the major bets coming in on Rose & Joanna ... and who made out big / lost it all.

Especially stopping a dominant champion within 1 round. All the responses at the party were "Damn ..." ... "Oh shit ..." ... "Are you kidding me right now?"

Funniest line was - "I don't trust Rose's win. She looks jacked out of her mind. That bloodwork is gonna be her downfall."

Reply to the above was - "She's one of the smallest people on the roster! What?!"

:roflmao3:
Lol guy at the bar in was at said it was a setup until he watched that replay and saw Rose hooking off on JJ. Shit caught her on the button. And especially after the prior right that caught her. I'm.wondering if JJ will be chimney from here on.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
True. Also, the years away were probably good for his health & clarity. Taking damage in practice ... but not the in-fight battles like the ones with Condit & Hendricks. Getting away from the limelight and training more & healthily putting those additional 15lbs on over time.
He took mad damage in this fight too. Bisping was laying them bows on him from underneath .He was THIS close to losing. It took some guts. But Whitaker should be able to beat him.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Lol guy at the bar in was at said it was a setup until he watched that replay and saw Rose hooking off on JJ. Shit caught her on the button. And especially after the prior right that caught her. I'm.wondering if JJ will be chimney from here on.

Yeah - she generated good power there in the early part of the fight, and didn't let JJ build up that momentum to steamroll her in the later rounds (like she has other people). JJ underestimated her power considering Rose Namajunas is more known for her scrambling, grappling, and BJJ.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
He took mad damage in this fight too. Bisping was laying them bows on him from underneath .He was THIS close to losing. It took some guts. But Whitaker should be able to beat him.

True ... he doesn't wear damage well either, as he (GSP) cuts easily. Don't know if it's primarily scar tissue-related, as he didn't suffer much damage until his past few fights. He was cutting easily back in the day too (even when being dominant at the 170lb class). Whitaker is a great talent. He's faced good competition over the years too. Jacare, Brunson, Romero, Wonderboy, etc.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
True ... he doesn't wear damage well either, as he (GSP) cuts easily. Don't know if it's primarily scar tissue-related, as he didn't suffer much damage until his past few fights. He was cutting easily back in the day too (even when being dominant at the 170lb class). Whitaker is a great talent. He's faced good competition over the years too. Jacare, Brunson, Romero, Wonderboy, etc.
Whitaker has good take down defense and good ground game if I remember right. Is he good on the feet?

Jay_from_dade

RawStrippers&Nut N Models
Certified Pussy Poster
And I will say THIS:

I like Ronda, unlike most people.

But I will say this, she ruled in a time where there wasn't that many women in the sport. Her success opened up the flood gates of talented women, which in the end became her own undoing.

But I agree, everything you said is still true.