2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro, Getsy, Eberflus nor Justin are good enough

This loss is probably for the best for the future. There would be more talk of keeping them.
I like Fields but if they chose to go in a different direction, I'm ok with that but Eberflus and Getsy definitely have to go.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mooney did a shit job of blocking on that 4th and 1. He's a WR3 at best right now.

Getsy! Smh!

Moony had it and then kicked it away for a interception :smh:

MOTHERFUCKING MOONEY!!!!!:angry:

mooney and getsy are pure trash

mooney has to be the most limp wrsited faggot ass wr
in the nfl. What a hoe ass bitch nfl player. cool person,
shitty player.

getsy probably called one of the worse played games
all season. cac hoe boy definitely getting fired.

:thefinger:

Defense played their hearts out and balled out.

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member

Haven’t listened to Chicago sport radio, other than Jason Goff and Laurence Holmes, since that piece of shit Dan Bernstein said, live on the air on Boers and Bernstein on 670 The Score back in the day, that Chris Henry (RIP) was (paraphrasing) a piece of human garbage and his death wasn’t something to mourn. Was done with him and most of those racist idiots after that.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Haven’t listened to Chicago sport radio, other than Jason Goff and Laurence Holmes, since that piece of shit Dan Bernstein said, live on the air on Boers and Bernstein on 670 The Score back in the day, that Chris Henry (RIP) was (paraphrasing) a piece of human garbage and his death wasn’t something to mourn. Was done with him and most of those racist idiots after that.
Yea same I don't listen other than the pregram with Joniak.. and try to find the Monday streams if they're talking to the HC directly.

The radio folks are ridiculous. Can't really trust the opinion and emotions of someone who's paycheck depends on chatter. Plus much of the Chicago media seems to be more engaged when the team stinks. They a bunch of doom and gloomers.

Reactions: cnc

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

..defense has been pretty great since his arrival. Remember all those folks that tried to shit on us for getting Sweat?

Criticizing this team/staff based on results and demanding better play is totally warranted. But you gotta give them credit for actually making moves to try to get better too. Regardless of the record.

This is why I don't listen to most of the outside noise. It's mostly folks who don't want to see this team win.

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
Folks want to get rid of this dude lol :smh: .

Merecedes Lewis, still in the league? HOFer with the TD! Dude has been on Madden since what, the PS3?

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Folks want to get rid of this dude lol :smh: .

Merecedes Lewis, still in the league? HOFer with the TD! Dude has been on Madden since what, the PS3?
I dont get the push to get rid of Fields. No matter who we bring in, we still have holes that have to be addressed on offense. The economic reasons is bunk because we have plenty of cap space. I think that the Bears will regret it if they get rid of Fields. Surround the kid with some more talent and let him cook.

I think that Lewis was on this video game called NFL head coach. That shit came out on PS2 in like 06 or 07. :lol:

cnc

BGOL Gold Member
Don’t understand why they call that pass play on first down. :smh:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I dont get the push to get rid of Fields. No matter who we bring in, we still have holes that have to be addressed on offense. The economic reasons is bunk because we have plenty of cap space. I think that the Bears will regret it if they get rid of Fields. Surround the kid with some more talent and let him cook.

I think that Lewis was on this video game called NFL head coach. That shit came out on PS2 in like 06 or 07. :lol:

It's pretty simple

1. Money...after next year we have to decide if we want to keep him, because pretty soon we will have to pay him. Did you see Daniel Jones get $40 mil. Do you think he's worth it? Is Justin's arm worth it? So we already bypassed the first pick in last years draft...now you want us to bypass the best pick in this draft too? Next year we hopefully aren't getting the worst record...so we wouldn't be in line to get the best QB. A rookie QB contract lets you further build the team in free agency, because you aren't paying a QB. That's how the 49ers can trade for a McCafrey. It's how Miami can get Tyreke.

2. Justin. Look at the open throws he misses. He does it at least a couple of times a game. People impressed with him are impressed with his legs. He has shown to be far from clutch with his interceptions, fumbles and lack of accuracy at the end of games. Today was another game less than 60%. He's rated one of the lowest QB's in the league in QBR.

Reactions: cnc

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
It's pretty simple

1. Money...after next year we have to decide if we want to keep him, because pretty soon we will have to pay him. Did you see Daniel Jones get $40 mil. Do you think he's worth it? Is Justin's arm worth it? So we already bypassed the first pick in last years draft...now you want us to bypass the best pick in this draft too? Next year we hopefully aren't getting the worst record...so we wouldn't be in line to get the best QB. A rookie QB contract lets you further build the team in free agency, because you aren't paying a QB. That's how the 49ers can trade for a McCafrey. It's how Miami can get Tyreke.

2. Justin. Look at the open throws he misses. He does it at least a couple of times a game. People impressed with him are impressed with his legs. He has shown to be far from clutch with his interceptions, fumbles and lack of accuracy at the end of games. Today was another game less than 60%. He's rated one of the lowest QB's in the league in QBR.
It would be nice if wea were a franchise like SF and SEA who can find playoff caliber qb's in round 2 and beyond.

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's pretty simple

1. Fields isn't in any way comparable to Daniel Jones. Kudos to Jones agent for negotiating that deal but he isn't worth it. The maturation and growth is there. Considering what Justin brings with his arm and legs, it's worth the calculated risk to pick up his fifth year and accumulate talent. The reason why Miami and San Francisco look so good is because they have a strong supporting cast of talent around the QB. You are right though, the rookie contract helps.

I would rather get MHJ or Nabers in the draft, trade for more picks, sign a center and DE in FA.
We have over $100M in cap space next year. Even more the next year. The economic argument just doesn't hold water when you look at it closely. Even if you consider 40mil/yr being the floor, I'm confident that Poles will negotiate wisely if it comes to that.
If Justin looks the same or worse after we add talent, then we should cut our losses but having talent will make the next QB better, faster.

2. Our playmaker talent in offense is middling. DJ is good, Kemet is solid, Mooney is meh. Id love for Fields to light up the score board and have a 60% completion rate with zero turnovers. Instead of Fields taking off and running at the first sign of trouble he is scrambling behind the line of scrimmage buying time for the receivers to get open now. He does miss throws and wide open receivers, yes it is frustrating but that is part of the maturation process. We need another talented playmaker.

3. I don't trust Getsy to develop a rookie QB and considering the way they are finishing the season, the coaches jobs are safe. Last year was a tank year, I don't even count it against Justin or the coaches. DJ and Kemet were banged up today, Jenkins was out and Mooney isn't a threat to do much. Thankfully the Cardinals run defense is terrible and Getsy didn't outthink himself.

I agree Fields isn't a top 10 QB yet, but the talent is there and I feel that he is in his way.

Putting the money concern aside, do you think that there is a QB in the upcoming draft that is better than Justin? Do you think the Bears are going to fire the coaching staff? Do you trust Getsy to develop a rookie QB?