2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I REALLY think they should have kept Fields and I'm a Lions fan! Dude was a stud! Throw, run his ass off. Caleb looks good, but imagine if they kept Justin and improved their O-line?
It's been so wild to me the way other fan bases viewed Fields vs how Bear fans viewed him. Not a dis, it's just wild the stark contrast between Bear fans and everyone elses opinion of him.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
It's been so wild to me the way other fan bases viewed Fields vs how Bear fans viewed him. Not a dis, it's just wild the stark contrast between Bear fans and everyone elses opinion of him.
Most non Bears fan didn't watch him like that and go with the same bullshit that they hear people say on Twitter and Tik Tok. They're doing the same thing with Caleb Williams amongst others

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Most non Bears fan didn't watch him like that and go with the same bullshit that they hear people say on Twitter and Tik Tok. They're doing the same thing with Caleb Williams amongst others
I live IN Illinois so I am "forced" to watch him, but I am curious. How do ya'll see Fields?

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I live IN Illinois so I am "forced" to watch him, but I am curious. How do ya'll see Fields?
A talented QB with obvious issues who was trying to overcome things that hindered his development. From Matt Nagy's dumb ass not giving him time with the 1st team and then his piss poor gameplanning to having the shittiest group of WRs and offensive line help that I've ever seen in his 2nd year. Both improved last year but there were still times when he was reluctant to pull the trigger in the pocket. Also he failed spectacularly in crunch time more often than I was comfortable with with turnovers. But he wasn't as far away as many acted like he was. I'm rooting for him to be successful in Pittsburgh or wherever he ends up moving forward.
The fact that his teammates had his back to the end and that he commanded their respect says alot too. Hell even the coaches and front office have had nothing but good things to say about him even after sending him elsewhere.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

A talented QB with obvious issues who was trying to overcome things that hindered his development. From Matt Nagy's dumb ass not giving him time with the 1st team and then his piss poor gameplanning to having the shittiest group of WRs and offensive line help that I've ever seen in his 2nd year. Both improved last year but there were still times when he was reluctant to pull the trigger in the pocket. Also he failed spectacularly in crunch time more often than I was comfortable with with turnovers. But he wasn't as far away as many acted like he was. I'm rooting for him to be successful in Pittsburgh or wherever he ends up moving forward.
The fact that his teammates had his back to the end and that he commanded their respect says alot too. Hell even the coaches and front office have had nothing but good things to say about him even after sending him elsewhere.

I forgot the person I was listening to, but he was talking about Justin's anticipation and how he needs to see someone open before he throws it instead of throwing them open or trusting them.

That's one of the reasons I'm always hesitant about QB's who play in college with a bunch of weapons. When you look at their highlights the receiver is often five yards away from the DB. Alabama was good for that. That normally doesn't happen in the NFL unless you're Tyreke Hill. Justin played at Ohio State with first round draft picks at receiver. One of the receivers was going to be open, because most colleges don't have that sort of depth at DB. That's why I don't think it's a lack of weapons. Most rookie QB's don't go to teams with a ton of weapons. They're bad teams. They still perform and the teams add weapons. Look at Hurts. They went and got Brown. Same with Tua. They added Tyreke.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
...okay, but I said that same shyt and folks talked about people who aren't fans commenting on the Bears. TRUST me I am NOT a fan!!! I am the only person alive that seems to keep the Detroit versus Chicago rivalry going. But I try to honest when giving critique. The problems you listed aren't faults of Justin. Bad WR's, no o-line help. Most QB's would be reluctant in the pocket.

I just don't understand how Dallas can have one of the best o-lines year after year. But teams like the Bears and Lions don't build theirs up.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
A grown ass man wearing a dress ?
Would you be asking the same question if he said he was going to rock high heels on field ?
I think it's punctuated badly... he's just saying his suit and the dress his lady is gonna wear.

Although, knowing him and the history behind this.. he probably did this shit on purpose to get folks talking.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I think it's punctuated badly... he's just saying his suit and the dress his lady is gonna wear.

Although, knowing him and the history behind this.. he probably did this shit on purpose to get folks talking.

It's punctuated fine. He just didn't say my suit.

Typical twitter and text messages :dunno:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
It's punctuated fine. He just didn't say my suit.

Typical twitter and text messages :dunno:

I've read that joint like 10x and still can't see anything wrong with it :dunno:

but I'm more wondering if she's going to be black or white :rolleyes:

55297-17052452431741-1920.jpg

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
I'm thinking the Bears are playing to win this seasons....so, I think, the Bears will trade their no9 pick and next year no.1, maybe a no2 too... because in 2025 we have 2 ..twos, to move up to grab one of those elite wide receivers to match up with Williams......watch... :yes: