A White Man Wrote 'Sesame Street' Black Hair Ode For His Adopted Ethiopian Daughter

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: A White Man Wrote 'Sesame Street' Black Hair Ode For His Adopted Ethiopian Daught

He didn't accomplish it because that wasn't his mission. His mission was to understand the whole concept about the hair and everything about it, be informative. Not to encourage or discourage which is why he had women who were natural as well as women who weren't and made no apologies about being permed and weaved out.

Why would he focus on the alternatives when it wasn't about alternatives for natural hair. It was about the bigger picture, not the smaller section. sisterlocks is addressing their avenue which is the alternative. If chris rock would have came and did what you're talking about it wouldnt have helped anything. this was showing black women in a positive and nuetral light and explaining things that we didn't understand. hence why some women were saying he was giving away "secrets". it wasn't his intent to cater. it was his intent to examine why there is a such a term as "good hair"

ill research sisterlocks i don't know what it is. but cograts to you. i gravitate towards natural hair and appreciate it.

he didn't miss the boat he did what he needed to do which was get the dialogue going. what was beneficial for his daughters is that a simple question they asked he felt the need to care about them to research and actually craft out a movie to answer it in full for them. he said openly in the beginning of the movie "my daughter came and asked me why dont i have good hair? now i wonder where that idea came from?"
meaning why would she even say that..he showed his kids with their natural hair and of course referred to them as beautiful. he is attacking the notion that black hair isn't good.
it is good and that's what i got from the doc.

if you look at it in that context you failed to see his entire premise and reason for making the doc in the first place. he didn't fail at all in comparison to the sesame street video. he made a doc that in 10 years when his daughters are adults they can watch with their moms and discuss. and when his daughters have kids and if this is still an issue which it probably will be they can watch and discuss and understand the history and the meaning and views opinions AND let them make their own decision on whether or not to get perms or not.
its not biased. its not supposed to tell you what to do. its supposed to inform and let you know everything about it. his ultimate conclusion is black hair is beautiful.
people hated chris rock for making this movie and now i see it mustve been because it was chris rock.

if black women wouldn't care about who the messenger was then chris rock's movie would've inspired you to learn more about hair to analyze and decide what you want to do. itll also help you appreciate your hair. this movie gave YOU the voice to say and speak on your hair. this isn't white man's lyrics to coddle his kid.
do you see how silly you sound right now?
this movie is filled entirely and non stop with commentary from black women candidly about their own hair....and you think its a failure.
this white guys writes a number for his daughter so its inspiring.

let's review. a black man makes a movie for you and for his daughters doesnt exclude or put words in your mouth but instead goes to ALL black women young old natural or weave/permed. even some men who perm their hair but they're in the minority. and gives you the open floor to talk about your own hair and issues concerns and reasoning. directly from you and its a failure.

this white guy writes a song for kids about liking your hair and its inspiring.
:lol:

i haven't had a girlfriend who had a perm/or weave since high school. since then its a variation of either braids or twists. locks. natural just washing and brushing. or just washing and flat ironing WITHOUT CHEMICAL.
so miss me with that one

It is just a cycle bro. We went from the Afro to the Jheri curl then from the natural movement and back to pro-Black late 80's to gangstas, ballin and weaves.

During my first year of college there was this sista from Cali who had a weave. She was real sweet on the eyes but people played her out because of the weave. Fast forward some years, and she has a nice natural short cut while many of the sistas who were doggin her are now weaved up/

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: A White Man Wrote 'Sesame Street' Black Hair Ode For His Adopted Ethiopian Daught

He didn't accomplish it because that wasn't his mission. His mission was to understand the whole concept about the hair and everything about it, be informative. Not to encourage or discourage which is why he had women who were natural as well as women who weren't and made no apologies about being permed and weaved out.

Why would he focus on the alternatives when it wasn't about alternatives for natural hair. It was about the bigger picture, not the smaller section. sisterlocks is addressing their avenue which is the alternative. If chris rock would have came and did what you're talking about it wouldnt have helped anything. this was showing black women in a positive and nuetral light and explaining things that we didn't understand. hence why some women were saying he was giving away "secrets". it wasn't his intent to cater. it was his intent to examine why there is a such a term as "good hair"

ill research sisterlocks i don't know what it is. but cograts to you. i gravitate towards natural hair and appreciate it.

he didn't miss the boat he did what he needed to do which was get the dialogue going. what was beneficial for his daughters is that a simple question they asked he felt the need to care about them to research and actually craft out a movie to answer it in full for them. he said openly in the beginning of the movie "my daughter came and asked me why dont i have good hair? now i wonder where that idea came from?"
meaning why would she even say that..he showed his kids with their natural hair and of course referred to them as beautiful. he is attacking the notion that black hair isn't good.
it is good and that's what i got from the doc.

if you look at it in that context you failed to see his entire premise and reason for making the doc in the first place. he didn't fail at all in comparison to the sesame street video. he made a doc that in 10 years when his daughters are adults they can watch with their moms and discuss. and when his daughters have kids and if this is still an issue which it probably will be they can watch and discuss and understand the history and the meaning and views opinions AND let them make their own decision on whether or not to get perms or not.
its not biased. its not supposed to tell you what to do. its supposed to inform and let you know everything about it. his ultimate conclusion is black hair is beautiful.
people hated chris rock for making this movie and now i see it mustve been because it was chris rock.

if black women wouldn't care about who the messenger was then chris rock's movie would've inspired you to learn more about hair to analyze and decide what you want to do. itll also help you appreciate your hair. this movie gave YOU the voice to say and speak on your hair. this isn't white man's lyrics to coddle his kid.
do you see how silly you sound right now?
this movie is filled entirely and non stop with commentary from black women candidly about their own hair....and you think its a failure.

let's review. a black man makes a movie for you and for his daughters doesnt exclude or put words in your mouth but instead goes to ALL black women young old natural or weave/permed. even some men who perm their hair but they're in the minority. and gives you the open floor to talk about your own hair and issues concerns and reasoning. directly from you and its a failure.

this white guy writes a song for kids about liking your hair and its inspiring.

i haven't had a girlfriend who had a perm/or weave since high school. since then its a variation of either braids or twists. locks. natural just washing and brushing. or just washing and flat ironing WITHOUT CHEMICAL.
so miss me with that one

It is just a cycle bro. We went from the Afro to the Jheri curl then from the natural movement and back to pro-Black late 80's to gangstas, ballin and weaves.

During my first year of college there was this sista from Cali who had a weave. She was real sweet on the eyes but people played her out because of the weave. Fast forward some years, and she has a nice natural short cut while many of the sistas who were doggin her are now weaved up.

Lola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm not hating on Chris Rock. I appreciate what he did. I just wished he would have talked more about the natural movement.

Actually, what got me inspired to go natural was a few things:

I've been disgusted for years on how much money non-blacks make with black hair products.

I HATE perms and straightening my hair.

I'm sick of buying all that shit.

I want to celebrate the natural ME.

I've never really liked the thick traditional locs, and one day I discovered Sisterlocks and fell in love with it! I think if more women knew about them, they would love them too. They really are a hair revolution.

To think that I can say FUCK YOU to those hair places, to burning perms (ouch!) brings tears to my eyes, seriously.

I'm all about Sisterlocks and I CAN'T WAIT!!

I've been telling so many sistas about Sisterlocks, trying to get them to see the beauty in them. I want the word to get out there. They are expensive, but the idea of having the desired style and length I want, and it's ALL MY REAL HAIR excites me!

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Knew it, puppet had more nothern ethiopian type of hair than african americans anyway.

Here is a picture of Segi
http://www.fotolog.com/black_babies/52464830

Beautiful Girl....looks Gurage. I am guessing one of her parents(or her) were born in Segi.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

I'm not hating on Chris Rock. I appreciate what he did. I just wished he would have talked more about the natural movement.

i don't think you're hating on him. but you saying he failed when in fact he didn't fail since he did what he set out to do didn't make sense.
just like the song, the guy set out to make his little girl feel good about her hair and he did. now someone could say something similar in him failing to address all sorts of other stuff he didnt but we're not cause we get he was going for his litle girl. why can't chris rock be given the same acceptance. he wanted to research hair and get commentary on it from black women and some men and he got it. that's it.
now wishing he wouldve talked about natural stuff is a fair assessment for whatever reasons he didn't. to me the hair show was a total waste of time and that time couldve been spent more on interviewing the women...that's who i was interested in hearing since this subject is directly about you. i wanna know how you feel, feel me?

Actually, what got me inspired to go natural was a few things:

I've been disgusted for years on how much money non-blacks make with black hair products.

I HATE perms and straightening my hair.

I'm sick of buying all that shit.

I want to celebrate the natural ME.

and all of those are valid and good reasons for doing it. like i said im gravitated to natural more than anything. that's just how im built thats what i like so of course i support your natural decision. at the same time i dont shit on women who do get perms and stuff cause that's their choice to do it. its not my preference but it isn't the worst thing in the world and those women aren't less than women for not being natural.

I've never really liked the thick traditional locs, and one day I discovered Sisterlocks and fell in love with it! I think if more women knew about them, they would love them too. They really are a hair revolution.

To think that I can say FUCK YOU to those hair places, to burning perms (ouch!) brings tears to my eyes, seriously.

I'm all about Sisterlocks and I CAN'T WAIT!!

I've been telling so many sistas about Sisterlocks, trying to get them to see the beauty in them. I want the word to get out there. They are expensive, but the idea of having the desired style and length I want, and it's ALL MY REAL HAIR excites me!

keep doing that i support it fully. whatever makes your happy about you do it. i especially support it since it has to do with building self worth as well. no quarrels from me at all.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

Nahhh...You see how loose they made those curls? That would be good hair to african americans.

homie you add nothing to this thread other than self hate and division.

we're all black we're all african regardless if we're direct from the continent or born elsewhere. so you coming in with your area distinctions just shows you where your mind is and how off base it is from reality.
if you think that when that girl grows up she's gonna be looked at differently by whites or other races because of the region of africa she's from then you need to go see someone
she's black like we're black. that's our sister regardless of where she is from. and other races view her as black no matter where she is from too.

clayizaiken

Star
Registered

how long until we see Willow Smith as a guest star on Sesame Street to shoot the official remix?

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

homie you add nothing to this thread other than self hate and division.

we're all black we're all african regardless if we're direct from the continent or born elsewhere. so you coming in with your area distinctions just shows you where your mind is and how off base it is from reality.
if you think that when that girl grows up she's gonna be looked at differently by whites or other races because of the region of africa she's from then you need to go see someone
she's black like we're black. that's our sister regardless of where she is from. and other races view her as black no matter where she is from too.

How am I adding divison? Save that "We are the world" shit because Americans of all types(african americans included) only want to accept different people when it works for them.

I merely said the girl was beautiful and looked Gurage. If taking a guess on her ethnic group is "divide and conquer" then you need to kick the white mans ass who made you think we are all the same. African people have more genetic diversity than any other group of people on this fucking earth, and to put us all in one box is eurocentric rubbish.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nahhh...You see how loose they made those curls? That would be good hair to african americans.
Oh word... And what part of Africa is this girl from?

little-black-girl.jpg

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

How am I adding divison? Save that "We are the world" shit because Americans of all types(african americans included) only want to accept different people when it works for them.

I merely said the girl was beautiful and looked Gurage. If taking a guess on her ethnic group is "divide and conquer" then you need to kick the white mans ass who made you think we are all the same. African people have more genetic diversity than any other group of people on this fucking earth, and to put us all in one box is eurocentric rubbish.

your response was that it would be good hair to african americans.
dividing
its not we are the world
until you realize its we against the world there's really nothing else for us to say to each other.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

your response was that it would be good hair to african americans.
dividing
its not we are the world
until you realize its we against the world there's really nothing else for us to say to each other.

The type of afro that puppet had at the start would be considered good hair to african americans. Thats the type of good hair that the women rave about!How is speaking this fact dividing people? The truth is what it is. The type of hair that really needs to be loved is this
hair198-vi.jpg

The super tight shit which has parents looking to burn their kids hair the minute they see it:smh:

It almost sounds like you want africans in this nation to shun their own rich heritage to join in yours...and that aint a good look folk.:smh:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

The type of afro that puppet had at the start would be considered good hair to african americans. Thats the type of good hair that the women rave about!How is speaking this fact dividing people? The truth is what it is. The type of hair that really needs to be loved is this
hair198-vi.jpg

The super tight shit which has parents looking to burn their kids hair the minute they see it:smh:

It almost sounds like you want africans in this nation to shun their own rich heritage to join in yours...and that aint a good look folk.:smh:

now how did you come to this conclusion when you were the only one who is making distinctions?
i love all of our hair no matter the texture. and i want us to get to a point where the texture of your hair doesnt hinder you as a person or human being.
enjoy your rich heritage and keep up the tradition. and also welcome others into it and accept and love others as well.

so how am i saying forget someone's heritage and conform to mine? lol

DarkVoid

The Devil you wish you didn't know.
OG Investor

Love that video, I hope it sends a positive message to all the little Moorish/black girls. Be proud of the hair that the universe gave them. Always love yourself before any other. :yes:

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

now how did you come to this conclusion when you were the only one who is making distinctions?
i love all of our hair no matter the texture. and i want us to get to a point where the texture of your hair doesnt hinder you as a person or human being.
enjoy your rich heritage and keep up the tradition. and also welcome others into it and accept and love others as well.

so how am i saying forget someone's heritage and conform to mine? lol

You are trying to get rid of the distinctions in the first place.

If I am ethiopian(Or any other kind of African) why should I get rid of my identity for a vague term like "Black", just because some Caucasian or Asian dont differentiate between us? Long as I know what I am I shouldnt even have to change myself. Identities dont remain static, someone at some point in your family had to Fight and maybe DIE to protect the honor of your identity so just throwing it to the side isnt an option.

SWASHBUCKLA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

love that video, i hope it sends a positive message to all the little moorish/black girls. Be proud of the hair that the universe gave them. Always love yourself before any other. :yes:

cosign!!!!

Rick Ronson

Banned

I do wish they would stop calling that shit their hair though :(

Flingin that shit confidently too. :smh:

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered

great song. i dont give a fuck who wrote it. good for him being a loving and understanding father. notice how he thought his black girl wanting white hair was only a problem for black kids raised by white parents.

btw, that's nzinga above with the buckteeth and multicolored vertical stripe wife beater checking to see if he has an adams apple.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

hair198-vi.jpg

You do realize Africa is a continent, right? Is it really necessary to show you countless pics of Africans with nappy hair and many who [can afford it] who perm/process and wear weave/extensions, also? C'mon, son. :hmm:

original-photo.jpg

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Oh, word... How about this dude?

2320891769_01f353bb9d.jpg

Not the same group as the one I'm posted. Diversity in Africa:yes:

You do realize Africa is a continent, right? Is it really necessary to show you countless pics of Africans with nappy hair and many who [can afford it] who perm/process and wear weave/extensions, also? C'mon, son. :hmm:

original-photo.jpg

If it is a continent, then tell homeboy that there distinctions between us that he is trying to ignore just because some white bitch thinks we are all the same.

malaki

Star
Registered

cut through the bullshit...fathers message to daughter;
know who you are...love who you are

way back in the early 70's, my white teacher brought his
Malcolm X records to school for the entire class
of black children to listen to....and dig, he had
the 1962 Malcolm records, where "all of em are devils"

:yes::lol:

man once in awhile you meet a white dude whos that hardcore that they like to talk shit about racist CACs too. mike malloy is like this.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Not the same group as the one I'm posted. Diversity in Africa:yes:
Well, that dude is Ethiopian... though not from the specific group you're referring to. Yes, Africa has diversity and so does America.
If it is a continent, then tell homeboy that there distinctions between us that he is trying to ignore just because some white bitch thinks we are all the same.
Aren't you ignoring the distinctions between groups of African-Americans? You're rhetoric is not far from that of the "white bitch" who thinks your all the same.

DAYNE

Star
Registered

Shut your pie hole in company of men. And redirect that sister-girl, hand on hip, neck rolling, lip-twisting energy toward taking some much needed advice. It is NOT talking shit about Black women to point out that they are indeed most responsible for the perming/processing of their daughter's hair. That is a fact. Were YOU not being as defensive as you projected we were, you would concede as much. And as the remainder of your dribble revealed, you got your toes stepped on, but tried to play it off. YOU are among the cackling hens, turning this gesture into an excuse to bash Black men. Get some dick in your life and step the fuck up. Better yet, get some dick in your mouth and shut the fuck up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DAYNE

Star
Registered

Look, you hump-back herpes ridden handkerchief-headed zip coon bitter bitch, YOU crying/whining whores tried to pull a fast one and it didn't work. Accept it. The 'negativity' was made a part of the post the second you buffaloes herded your fat asses into the comment section of the story, trying to change the subject. I called you on your bullshit. You're busted -- in more ways than one. All the running your mouth and wringing your neck oin the world won't change the fact that it YOU dumb bitches teaching these little girls to hate their hair. Were it not for you hoes, this white dude would not have had to write this song, in the first place. Yeah, yeah, Whitey plays their part, but there is no greater culprit than YOU blind bitter bitches.

Stop whining, crying & lying, Lonesome39. We don't believe you... You need more people, bitch.

damn ming, that ether is strong :lol::lol::lol::lol:

followup

BGOL Investor

The only time black folks listen and in this case black women listen and realize how stupid some of the things we do really are,is when white folks point it out to them.

Black man tell them a wear the own hair and how stupid weave is,nope they're not listening.
white man tells them,then they start opening their eyes.:lol:
false. Black men SAY one thing and DO a completely different thing. MOST of their wives/girlfriends have perms and/or weaves. As well, their daughters have perms from a young age. At the same time, people saying that black men don't perm and weave their hair? DUH!!!! Weaves are for women. Plus plenty of men wear waves and use chemicals. Let's not pretend the 80s did not exist when men were rocking Jheri curls, S curls, texturizers, etc. When black men go to nonblack women, those women's hair is usually long and straight, reinforcing that YES black men like women with long straight hair, which is not the natural texture of black hair. Most of you are not rocking your natural texture of hair or letting your natural hair grow out. You are chopping it off and keeping it short. At least black men in the 70s were wearing afros picked out. Please stop making it as a black woman thing because it is a black PEOPLE issue.

I love the song, it does not matter who wrote it, plenty of the blogs I am on with other black women and NOBODY has said anything negative about the song or black men. This is positive and uplifting and it does not have to be written by a black person to be true. Maybe this will inspire some black folks in a position in televeision and broadcasting to make affirming songs/videos like this to start getting the word out that it is great to be black. Also I think this is where rap music is failing...but that's a different story.

Last edited:

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Well, that dude is Ethiopian... though not from the specific group you're referring to. Yes, Africa has diversity and so does America.

Aren't you ignoring the distinctions between groups of African-Americans? You're rhetoric is not far from that of the "white bitch" who thinks your all the same.

That's why I said northern Ethiopian in the first post. Different people brought together by lines not drawn by us. Thgood hair thing is cultural though, which is ingrained in the group beyond diverse genetic differences

SKATTA

International
International Member

false. Black men SAY one thing and DO a completely different thing. MOST of their wives/girlfriends have perms and/or weaves. As well, their daughters have perms from a young age. At the same time, people saying that black men don't perm and weave their hair? DUH!!!! Weaves are for women. Plus plenty of men wear waves and use chemicals. Let's not pretend the 80s did not exist when men were rocking Jheri curls, S curls, texturizers, etc. When black men go to nonblack women, those women's hair is usually long and straight, reinforcing that YES black men like women with long straight hair, which is not the natural texture of black hair. Most of you are not rocking your natural texture of hair or letting your natural hair grow out. You are chopping it off and keeping it short. At least black men in the 70s were wearing afros picked out. Please stop making it as a black woman thing because it is a black PEOPLE issue.

I love the song, it does not matter who wrote it, plenty of the blogs I am on with other black women and NOBODY has said anything negative about the song or black men. This is positive and uplifting and it does not have to be written by a black person to be true. Maybe this will inspire some black folks in a position in televeision and broadcasting to make affirming songs/videos like this to start getting the word out that it is great to be black. Also I think this is where rap music is failing...but that's a different story.

So you're saying black men date outside their race because of straight/long hair.(no other reasons)would that be the same why black woman do it?
you're completely missing the point on what i wrote,re read it.
since you know so much what black men like,we also like a woman who can cook like our mother/grandma but i don't see all yall females running around learning how to cook.
lets keep the topic on this vid and the hair issue.

followup

BGOL Investor

So you're saying black men date outside their race because of straight/long hair.(no other reasons)would that be the same why black woman do it?
you're completely missing the point on what i wrote,re read it.
since you know so much what black men like,we also like a woman who can cook like our mother/grandma but i don't see all yall females running around learning how to cook.
lets keep the topic on this vid and the hair issue.
Nope. I did not say that is why black men date nonblack women. I said that men are hypocrites, including the issue you brought up. They say one thing and do another. Scream that they want a woman with natural hair, but women with short afros get little to no play from the average black man. Say they hates weaves and perms, but their woman has weave and perm.

Let's not get into what a black man likes, because then we will need to address what he lacks (i.e. you want a woman who cooks like your grandmother, but are you taking care of home and handling your business like your grandfather?)

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

he didn't accomplish it because that wasn't his mission. His mission was to understand the whole concept about the hair and everything about it, be informative. Not to encourage or discourage which is why he had women who were natural as well as women who weren't and made no apologies about being permed and weaved out.

Why would he focus on the alternatives when it wasn't about alternatives for natural hair. It was about the bigger picture, not the smaller section. Sisterlocks is addressing their avenue which is the alternative. If chris rock would have came and did what you're talking about it wouldnt have helped anything. This was showing black women in a positive and nuetral light and explaining things that we didn't understand. Hence why some women were saying he was giving away "secrets". It wasn't his intent to cater. It was his intent to examine why there is a such a term as "good hair"

ill research sisterlocks i don't know what it is. But cograts to you. I gravitate towards natural hair and appreciate it.

He didn't miss the boat he did what he needed to do which was get the dialogue going. What was beneficial for his daughters is that a simple question they asked he felt the need to care about them to research and actually craft out a movie to answer it in full for them. He said openly in the beginning of the movie "my daughter came and asked me why dont i have good hair? Now i wonder where that idea came from?"
meaning why would she even say that..he showed his kids with their natural hair and of course referred to them as beautiful. He is attacking the notion that black hair isn't good.
It is good and that's what i got from the doc

If you look at it in that context you failed to see his entire premise and reason for making the doc in the first place. He didn't fail at all in comparison to the sesame street video. He made a doc that in 10 years when his daughters are adults they can watch with their moms and discuss. And when his daughters have kids and if this is still an issue which it probably will be they can watch and discuss and understand the history and the meaning and views opinions and let them make their own decision on whether or not to get perms or not.
Its not biased. Its not supposed to tell you what to do. Its supposed to inform and let you know everything about it. his ultimate conclusion is black hair is beautiful.

if black women wouldn't care about who the messenger was then chris rock's movie would've inspired you to learn more about hair to analyze and decide what you want to do. Itll also help you appreciate your hair. this movie gave you the voice to say and speak on your hair. This isn't white man's lyrics to coddle his kid.
Do you see how silly you sound right now?
This movie is filled entirely and non stop with commentary from black women candidly about their own hair....and you think its a failure

let's review. A black man makes a movie for you and for his daughters doesnt exclude or put words in your mouth but instead goes to all black women young old natural or weave/permed. Even some men who perm their hair but they're in the minority. And gives you the open floor to talk about your own hair and issues concerns and reasoning. Directly from you and its a failure.

This white guy writes a song for kids about liking your hair and its inspiring.

I haven't had a girlfriend who had a perm/or weave since high school. Since then its a variation of either braids or twists. Locks. Natural just washing and brushing. Or just washing and flat ironing without chemical.
So miss me with that one

end thread!!!

bgque12

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

1. How do you know this, that all black men have women and daughters who perm their hair but claim to like natural?

2. Yes a lot of bro's wore curls in the 80's. THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT MEN STOPPED!! WOMEN JUST WENT TO THE NEXT FAD I.E. WEAVES

3.When bro's get with women of other races it's not because of their hair; it's their attitude!

4. What does hair length have to do with anything? I see plenty of sisters rocking very short hair. it's still natural.