Anyone here have a mancave?

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Not really a cave, since it sits on the sunny side of the house, but we have a Family room and what we call the Media room. I have a Star Wars theme in the Media room..

1ghkrb.jpg

33tqdxi.jpg

99nwnq.jpg

Need more posters and yes, I'm watching Transformers the movie with my kids...
Added more posters....and a few more Star Wars figures and vehicles....
1tq9e9.jpg

fyjp60.jpg

Debating if I should get the Prequel trilogy posters for the wall on the other side if the sectional.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Went to a pool party yesterday hosted by some friends of the fam'. They were celebrating a guy's 30th birthday. That house was the shit. 6 bedrooms, 5 bath ... infinity pool out back with a few palm trees on the exterior of the yard. Nice BBQ pit and lounge area. Plenty of seating. Really spacious interior of the home with new furniture and appliances everywhere. Nice neighborhood too - just off the main strip, but close enough for easy access back to the freeway & nearby main roads. Only downfall was they were across the way from an elementary school ... so plenty of pick-ups and drop-offs during the school year. Definitely a spot to host some quality parties.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Coming for you
pnGtjEW7j
I traveled all Summer and only bought Cuban cigars. No Henny White. I've been drinking Woodford Reserve lately. I think I buy stuff more to share with friends and family. I rarely smoke my Cubans. I rarely drink Henny White or Johnny Blue but I have lots.

Focused on traveling this Summer. Didn't have any construction to do around the house.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bgol, with a heavy heart I have to report that we put an offer on another house tonight. I found a hell of a deal on a house. Going to have to make magic again somewhere else.

Bigger house, almost 8,000 sq ft with basement. 6+ br 6 ba. Cheaper than our current house and less taxes. Stone on all 4 sides. 3 car garage. Marble and mahogany basically everywhere. Has to be done.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bgol, with a heavy heart I have to report that we put an offer on another house tonight. I found a hell of a deal on a house. Going to have to make magic again somewhere else.

Bigger house, almost 8,000 sq ft with basement. 6+ br 6 ba. Cheaper than our current house and less taxes. Stone on all 4 sides. 3 car garage. Marble and mahogany basically everywhere. Has to be done.
Why with a heavy heart. Isn't it a move that you really desire?

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why with a heavy heart. Isn't it a move that you really desire?
We had this house built. We're moving because my wife's job is moving in the same direction my son is moving. The attributes I listed are fantastic but I watched this house rise from the dirt.

Kanyes So Amazing will always be special to me because that's the song that was playing when I drove up to my empty lot and saw they had broken ground.

So, yeah.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We had this house built. We're moving because my wife's job is moving in the same direction my son is moving. The attributes I listed are fantastic but I watched this house rise from the dirt.

Kanyes So Amazing will always be special to me because that's the song that was playing when I drove up to my empty lot and saw they had broken ground.

So, yeah.
Wow, I can imagine moving out of your custom built home is just sad.

Shadow22

Rising Star
Registered

Props on the move. This white henn keeps eluding me.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

So, yeah.
I feel you fam. I have. Been fortunate enough to have built both of my houses but my first crib will always have a special place in my heart. I wish I could have taken it with me.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I feel you fam. I have. Been fortunate enough to have built both of my houses but my first crib will always have a special place in my heart. I wish I could have taken it with me.
I used to sneak into my house 3-4 times a week. Dropping by in the middle of the night with a flashlight. Watching constant progress. Seeing every piece of wood. Every brick.

Remember that I personally designed my entire lower level. I hand selected every material in my mancave. I went to the stores. My imagination came up with the brilliance in the design.

Already plotting on the new house. We have a 6 burner stove. Now we're getting an 8 burner stove. Going to hire a landscaper. Want an inground heated pool with jacuzzi and cabana. Got work to do. Outdoor kitchen with a pizza oven above a fireplace or just a firepit?

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
I used to sneak into my house 3-4 times a week. Dropping by in the middle of the night with a flashlight. Watching constant progress. Seeing every piece of wood. Every brick.

Remember that I personally designed my entire lower level. I hand selected every material in my mancave. I went to the stores. My imagination came up with the brilliance in the design.

Already plotting on the new house. We have a 6 burner stove. Now we're getting an 8 burner stove. Going to hire a landscaper. Want an inground heated pool with jacuzzi and cabana. Got work to do. Outdoor kitchen with a pizza oven above a fireplace or just a firepit?
Me too bruh. I was out there with my laser leveler and tape measure so much that they could have put me on the payroll.

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

#Memories

I did the same thing when my crib was getting built.

I have a album on Google Photos with close to 500 pics of different progress of the house being built

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor

Ours wasn't as fun as it should have been. One year later contractors been here all week fixing shit before the warranty ends in 6 months.