Anyone here have a mancave?

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2e22f0z.jpg

In general, do projectors always have that "washed out, not sharp" look?

Its one of the reasons I might avoid a projector set up :(:smh:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

no...he has the lights on...also (for me @ least) it's hard to take a good pic of one...I took a few pics for a kodi thread...and they looked grainy when I posted them even tho it was clear on my end...but I was posting the pic just to show an app I was using...posted another pic in a mayweather thread just to show someone the size of it...shit was still grainy tho...but actually watching it in my living room it's 1080 quality

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

...just to add on to my response...you really gotta set one up and see how it looks for yourself...so many ppl who came thru felt they were so "informed" about projectors but when I turned the shit on they turn into kids watching TV for the first time...literally eyes and mouth wide open type shit...just make sure the output is full HD 1080p...best buy has a great return policy...never had any issue opening up electronics to try em out and return them that same damn day if I don't want it

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
heres my set up.im in the process in changing it around but here is what it looks like now then i will take a few pics when its all done.i got alot of new ideas im about to do to it.its a little messy but its a mancave what more can i say lol.the black and chrome box has my dji drone in it.
tumblr_ony3ycyIOh1uznl7eo1_540.jpg

tumblr_ony3ycyIOh1uznl7eo2_540.jpg

tumblr_ony3ycyIOh1uznl7eo3_540.jpg

tumblr_ony3ycyIOh1uznl7eo4_540.jpg

You took the term top shelf liquor literally..ain't no lil mofo gon snatch a bottle..lol
Nice set up

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Reactions: LSN

LILGROWN1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a projector and I'm trying to make sure I have everything to set it up. I want to know what I need to run from the projector to pull into my equipment since the projector will be on the ceiling? I'm just trying to plug in a Mi box, Mac mini, receiver, and speakers. I'm renting so I want to limit holes. Any suggestions?

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
no...he has the lights on...also (for me @ least) it's hard to take a good pic of one...I took a few pics for a kodi thread...and they looked grainy when I posted them even tho it was clear on my end...but I was posting the pic just to show an app I was using...posted another pic in a mayweather thread just to show someone the size of it...shit was still grainy tho...but actually watching it in my living room it's 1080 quality
True, not only were the lights on in my pic but the big window in the back provided lots of light to the room. Get what you want pleiboy. I have a Samsung 4K ultra tv 65", a Panasonic plasma I think 60" and the 12' projector screen. They are also listed in reverse order of preference. Oh yeah, I have some rokus in bathrooms and guest bedrooms I don't understand. And that bs above the fireplace in the pic.

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The pic didn't come out well, but you can watch with the lights on, but it is no where as good as if the lights are off. There are projectors that do well with lights on. I took a pic with lights on and one with them off. I am sold on projectors, my next one will be more on the higher end but waiting for the 4k to drop in price

mkixk1.jpg

15rh27b.jpg

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
@Tha Baldavenger

Can I get more info on your media room set up?

Projector, screen type and so on.

Nice set up too!

I got the screen from Amazon Elite 120" fixed screen $303
41PeNklrKnL._SX355_.jpg

The Epson 3020 projector dropped in price, now $600 (probably discontinued) 1080p
71uEAuXOcEL._SL1500_.jpg

Yamaha V575 receiver $299 (discontinued)
Yamaha-RXV575.jpg

Polk Sub woofer for $99 at Best Buy

3 Yamaha in wall speakers around 100 - 120 a piece, and 2 speakers in the ceiling

Last edited:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I'm just posting this to show you about pics and how they don't come out all that well...granted this wasn't too bad a pic...but the shit shows a lot clearer "in the flesh"...sorry long ass day...took this pic sitting down...I don't use a screen...my shit sits directly on the wall

IMG_0699.jpg

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm just posting this to show you about pics and how they don't come out all that well...granted this wasn't too bad a pic...but the shit shows a lot clearer "in the flesh"...sorry long ass day...took this pic sitting down

IMG_0699.jpg

Add me cuz

Lac_310

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The pic didn't come out well, but you can watch with the lights on, but it is no where as good as if the lights are off. There are projectors that do well with lights on. I took a pic with lights on and one with them off. I am sold on projectors, my next one will be more on the higher end but waiting for the 4k to drop in price

mkixk1.jpg

15rh27b.jpg

Nice.

I got the screen from Amazon Elite 120" fixed screen $303
41PeNklrKnL._SX355_.jpg

The Epson 3020 projector dropped in price, now $600 (probably discontinued) 1080p
71uEAuXOcEL._SL1500_.jpg

Yamaha V575 receiver $299 (discontinued)
Yamaha-RXV575.jpg

Polk Sub woofer for $99 at Best Buy

3 Yamaha in wall speakers around 100 - 120 a piece, and 2 speakers in the ceiling

Thanks for the info

I'm just posting this to show you about pics and how they don't come out all that well...granted this wasn't too bad a pic...but the shit shows a lot clearer "in the flesh"...sorry long ass day...took this pic sitting down...I don't use a screen...my shit sits directly on the wall

IMG_0699.jpg

On the wall? That is sharp as fuck.

I need to look more into Projectors then.

For $2000 ish, one can get a decent media room set up :yes:

Thanks for all the feedback and info

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nice.

Thanks for the info

With your beautiful space you must have a projector. Trust us. No homo.

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nice.

Thanks for the info

Anytime, let me know if you need anymore info.

billybob2

Rising Star
OG Investor
man, I want to do this, I need to take the first step. I guess the first step is water proofing, the basement.
then what do yall think I should do with the floors? Should I epoxy them? should I carpet? tile? ect?

billybob2

Rising Star
OG Investor
wait I need to put a bathroom down there before I do the floors right? Hell to do a bathroom that's going to cost a grip right?

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man, I want to do this, I need to take the first step. I guess the first step is water proofing, the basement.
then what do yall think I should do with the floors? Should I epoxy them? should I carpet? tile? ect?
I would try to avoid carpet. Never know what water issues might occur. And that shit will stink once that carpet gets wet

billybob2

Rising Star
OG Investor
Why? First? For a small one. No
see man I have no clue about this stuff, I was told that it would cost 10,000 just to do a basic professional finished basement. I said hell I can do some of the basic shit, I guess looking on line at the different videos it seems cool, but of course the wife thinks that since I haven't done this stuff that I will be "****** regging" it and it's going to be fucked up. I told her I think that I could do just about everything except the bathroom, cause it doesn't really look that hard. am I right or and I fooling myself?

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
see man I have no clue about this stuff, I was told that it would cost 10,000 just to do a basic professional finished basement. I said hell I can do some of the basic shit, I guess looking on line at the different videos it seems cool, but of course the wife thinks that since I haven't done this stuff that I will be "****** regging" it and it's going to be fucked up. I told her I think that I could do just about everything except the bathroom, cause it doesn't really look that hard. am I right or and I fooling myself?
Yea 10k sounds about right if your starting from scratch with exposed wall and ceilings. Yea its not hard just frame the walls out @ 16 inches. insulate and sheetrock. The part where u might not (or maybe) want to mess with is the electrical and plumbing.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
po55C7xPj

Was bjs had an LG 60 uhd 4k smart tv for $699 couldnt pass it up. Also got an lg sound bar. Im pretty much done. My neighbor taking me to the army spot over the weekend to stock out the bar

looks great man...very solid fucking job you did there!

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
po55C7xPj

Was bjs had an LG 60 uhd 4k smart tv for $699 couldnt pass it up. Also got an lg sound bar. Im pretty much done. My neighbor taking me to the army spot over the weekend to stock out the bar
Great job fam! I see you framed the fuck out of the pic. :giggle: