Anyone here have a mancave?

Confucius

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
it's time for me to reup on my recliners...the leather on both are cracking after about 7-8 years wear and tear...I'm deciding if I should go leather again or go microfiber...it's not as sexy as the leather...but it's cheaper and I can maintain it much longer...I have a microfiber recliner in the bedroom that's probably about 10 y/o and still in very good condition...idk the leather def looks better tho
Microfiber us the way I went. Built my cave in 2012 and it's still nice

Reactions: LSN

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
I really dont understand. They are right side up on my screen
depends if you are looking at them from your phone or from a computer. i don't understand the why but some pics from smartphones when posted on desktops are rotated, i think it's a resolution thing.

OAN: you ever notice in threads like this when people contribute pics n shit, there's always those that talk the most but ain't posted a damn thing?? :lol:

Confucius

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
depends if you are looking at them from your phone or from a computer. i don't understand the why but some pics from smartphones when posted on desktops are rotated, i think it's a resolution thing.

OAN: you ever notice in threads like this when people contribute pics n shit, there's always those that talk the most but ain't posted a damn thing?? :lol:

i def been talking a bit, but i posted mine in here years ago...if this is the same mancave thread. I need to update my cave. My Optoma HD33 projector needs a new bulb. I am thinking about sellig it and buying a newer model. That Optoma is nice though

Adam Knows

Platinum Member
i def been talking a bit, but i posted mine in here years ago...if this is the same mancave thread. I need to update my cave. My Optoma HD33 projector needs a new bulb. I am thinking about sellig it and buying a newer model. That Optoma is nice though

naw u good dawg.

i was just noticing a trend where there'll be posts regarding an item or something where people are sharing and it will be niggas who will be on every page with comments talking shit yet can't post a simple pic... car thread, post a car same niggas there with nothing to show talking, post a thread about bikes, shoes, homes, hoes, whatever same thing....

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now that my basements finished, I lack funds to complete the set up. Especially the media room, and additional furnishings. Still need to complete the wet bar/kitchen :smh::(

It'll be a gradual process though. :yes:

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is my basement I did three years ago. It cost a lot less than buying a monster 90" 4k tv as long as you do the research. I have a Epson 3020 projector ($1000) 1080p, an 120" Elite screen from amazon ($300), Pioneer Receiver ($300) soundcraft speakers in the wall and 2 in the ceiling, and a Polk Subwoofer ($100). My advice do not get the Epson 3020 which is out of production anyway, the iris is noisey as the seating is right below the projector due to space limitations. the whole project cost around 6k, that is including me redoing that entire side of the basement, sheetrock, electrical, and lighting. The cost of the equipment was only around $2500. the best advice I got was when you are running the HDMI cable in the ceiling, run 2 just in case 1 goes bad, you don't have to rip up the ceiling ot run new cables.

22mfcp.jpg

2rf3e36.jpg

Last edited:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I hope to have a basement in my next house and I'll do it just like you. Tasteful without breaking the bank.

I went to best buy to get a quote on a home cinema room built and they said $100k.. I slowly slid out of there.

fucking idiots :curse:

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I hope to have a basement in my next house and I'll do it just like you. Tasteful without breaking the bank.

I went to best buy to get a quote on a home cinema room built and they said $100k.. I slowly slid out of there.

nah man, this was 6k, and like I said the equipment $2500...just took my time. I did a lot of the work with a friend who does construction on the side. The only issue with the media room in the basement is that the projector is mounted to the ceiling so sometimes when people walk upstair their is slight vibration of the projector. Nothing major, but enough to get on your nerves after a while, but movies look amazing, and my kids have their friends over for movie night

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
nah man, this was 6k, and like I said the equipment $2500...just took my time. I did a lot of the work with a friend who does construction on the side. The only issue with the media room in the basement is that the projector is mounted to the ceiling so sometimes when people walk upstair their is slight vibration of the projector. Nothing major, but enough to get on your nerves after a while, but movies look amazing, and my kids have their friends over for movie night
Cool. It's just me , my wife and one kid and we're always together, so walking upstairs will not be a problem for our projector, except during thanksgiving lol.

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Cool. It's just me , my wife and one kid and we're always together, so walking upstairs will not be a problem for our projector, except during thanksgiving lol.

whatever info you need let me know. But if you d oit, you have to get an Android box. I have the G Matronix in the basement but have a Minix up in my bedroom. Though the minix is more powerful, I like the G Box better

https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-android-tv-boxes

Confucius

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man I built my room for less than 10k including projector, surround, seating, decor, painting, and closing and light proofing the room (my room is upstairs...no basements in TX). You can turn it into a 2-3 week project for yourself and the wife. You will really appreciate your own hard work

Only thing I hate is that the room i used should have been 6-10ft deeper. Its really comfy though

here is mine from a thread I started a while back. I have to find the finished product photos as well. This is before i changed S/N
http://www.bgol.us/forum/index.php?threads/bullets-mancave-thread-deleted.635000/

*edit*
here is a link with the screen up but before I had my seating
http://www.bgol.us/forum/index.php?...heater-movie-room.596766/page-3#post-12228394

Last edited:

Confucius

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is my basement I did three years ago. It cost a lot less than buying a monster 90" 4k tv as long as you do the research. I have a Epson 3020 projector ($1000) 1080p, an 120" Elite screen from amazon ($300), Pioneer Receiver ($300) soundcraft speakers in the wall and 2 in the ceiling, and a Polk Subwoofer ($100). My advice do not get the Epson 3020 which is out of production anyway, the iris is noisey as the seating is right below the projector due to space limitations. the whole project cost around 6k, that is including me redoing that entire side of the basement, sheetrock, electrical, and lighting. The cost of the equipment was only around $2500. the best advice I got was when you are running the HDMI cable in the ceiling, run 2 just in case 1 goes bad, you don't have to rip up the ceiling ot run new cables.

22mfcp.jpg

2rf3e36.jpg

nice room. I agree about Epson. I have the Optoma HD33. I love it, plus it is 3d! and around $1500

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

22mfcp.jpg

2rf3e36.jpg
More pics pls

Adam Knows

Platinum Member

22mfcp.jpg

2rf3e36.jpg

this is nice... props

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member

22mfcp.jpg

2rf3e36.jpg
nice