Anyone here have a mancave?

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unless you tiling your ceiling, the pic is upside down
Oh ok. When i uploaded it, it came out upside down for some reason. When i posted it, it was right side up.

2s1axd4.jpg

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Working on my lil shit, will post some pics later. Not really a cave, more like a kick it zone.

mancave5.jpg

mancave2.jpg

mancave3.jpg

mancave4.jpg

mancave5.jpg

Still have to hang my comics, kaep jersey and hook up the surround system. Just bought a new leather recliner to replace my old one. Next house will have to have a basement.

Last edited:

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
On the real, If I did turn a bedroom into a formal media room, what's a good projector? I got a 65" LG but it looks small as fuck in my living room right now. :curse::lol:

ilikebigbutts

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On the real, If I did turn a bedroom into a formal media room, what's a good projector? I got a 65" LG but it looks small as fuck in my living room right now. :curse::lol:

it all depends on your price range. for a good budget projector epson has some good ones under 1500. it you want something a lil better you'll end up spending around 3 grand. optoma has some good projectors in that range. it also depends on what kinda screen you wanna get. if you want a 16x9 screen then your projectore wont matter too much but if you get a 2:35:1 screen then you'll want to have a screen with zoom lens memory or get an anamorphic lens to put in front of it with an image scaler. avsforum.com has some good threads about such things.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Real talk fam. My shit is in a room that is dedicated to viewing movies. My sound system is on point. I have a 7.1 setup, which consist of a Yamaha 2700, 12in pinnacle sub, fronts and centers are b&w 601s, my additional fronts are b&W 800s, and my rears are a b&w tripolar, cannot remember the model number. My sound will shit on any commercial movie theater because of the space. Anyone running kodi, should use this addon, https://cinemavision.tv/. It will allow you to use trivia slides, intro/outro videos, and all kinds of movie like shit.

My nephew's neighbor had a room next to his garage that he made into a mancave,but he decided to knock out the wall that divides it and the garage so he could turn it into a movie theater instead..on occasions he hosts movie nights(usually grindhouse/blaxploitation stuff),will have to tell him about that kodi addon

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
My nephew's neighbor had a room next to his garage that he made into a mancave,but he decided to knock out the wall that divides it and the garage so he could turn it into a movie theater instead..on occasions he hosts movie nights(usually grindhouse/blaxploitation stuff),will have to tell him about that kodi addon
Good shit it will amp up the movie experience.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Digging the chairs and set up man.

I'm so broke I can't even furnish right now. :smh:

I have an open area where I have the pool table (my birthday/Xmas gift), and future plans for a small kitchenette, bar and seating area.

We have a bedroom down there with a full shower and toilet. a bonus/fitness room, home office, and media room too, but on hold as per furnishing until I get more funds.

I went into this knowing it is not my "man cave" but a spot for the whole family.

The media room I will set up as a small mancave since I plan to have my consoles (PS4 and XB1) connected down there.

Still debating what to do for overall sound (music playing)

I plan to get a 75" SUHD Samsung if prices come down in 2017.

Lots of potential :yes:

Pool table - Space in the back is where a small bar/kitchen will go, and a seating area with a TV on the wall
20161228_190933___Copy.jpg

Home office behind pool table with pocket doors. Other door is where a bonus room/fitness room or whatever the fuck room will be
20161229_121929___Copy.jpg

Before pool table - Media room is the open door to the right
IMG_0258___Copy.jpg

Media room - Wall where TV or projector screen will go
IMG_0260___Copy.jpg

Raised platform in media room for seats - Still need to carpet this room - Scheduled for next Friday
IMG_0268_Copy.jpg

Finished bathroom/shower
IMG_0277_Copy.jpg
Still fucking gorgeous

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Working on my lil shit, will post some pics later. Not really a cave, more like a kick it zone.

mancave5.jpg

mancave2.jpg

mancave3.jpg

mancave4.jpg

mancave5.jpg

Still have to hang my comics, kaep jersey and hook up the surround system. Just bought a new leather recliner to replace my old one. Next house will have to have a basement.
Are those the actual issues of those comics? If so.....Nice. good condition?

Reactions: LSN

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Are those the actual issues of those comics? If so.....Nice. good condition?

Yep, the silver surfer run is in fair condition and I paid about $50 for each of them about 12-15 years ago. The FF #12 is in good condition and probably worth about $1,300. My wife got it for me about 25 years ago for 100 bucks.

Got a few more worth a couple of hundred bucks. Been collecting since I was a kid. Have a daredevil #1 somewhere but I can't find it. Got a shit load of silver age DC that's probably not worth anything now.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Yep, the silver surfer run is in fair condition and I paid about $50 for each of them about 12-15 years ago. The FF #12 is in good condition and probably worth about $1,300. My wife got it for me about 25 years ago for 100 bucks.

Got a few more worth a couple of hundred bucks. Been collecting since I was a kid. Have a daredevil #1 somewhere but I can't find it. Got a shit load of silver age DC that's probably not worth anything now.
nice. take pics when you hang them all up.