Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

Serve Robotics Inc. designs, develops, and operates low-emission robots that serve people in public spaces with food delivery in the United States. It builds self-driving delivery robots. The company was formerly known as Patricia Acquisition Corp. and changed its name to Serve Robotics Inc. in July 2023. Serve Robotics Inc. was founded in 2017 and is based in Redwood City, California.

$SERV

Nvidia just disclosed a 10% stake.
I thought bitcoin was volatile. This stock has had a hell of a swing.

Are you making a play on this?

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Are you making a play on this?
Nope.

The play was this morning though. Huge volume, but it didn't have options, so I wasn't interested. It was around 6.35 when I posted it and was $8+ when I looked again. Would have been a nice shares flip,

**Also what Im investing in, short or long takes a lot of research.

**Random: I've been watching $CLSK for a minute. It moves great and ideal (IMO) for stock flips when it dips to $15 or so.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
very shitty market today
$TSLA dipping $10 gave me some joy.

image.png

He is a grade A asshole.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
crowdstrike down damn near 40 bucks just today...smh
Alot ppl in that industry saying it's gonna be hard for them to recover, because that outage was worldwide and cost companies billions. Certain stocks I couldn't buy on charles schwab today because of it. Alot of lawsuits will be coming their way. Once companies start pulling contracts. It's over for them.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

US stocks and by default global index funds are expensive by any measure, but does this mean we should wait until a pullback in order to invest? In this video we look at valuations at the moment and what we should do about it. Should we hoard cash waiting for better opportunities, move our money into cheaper markets or do nothing at all?

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

A Texas District Judge Andrew S. Hanen has dismissed all charges against seven social-media influencers the SEC and Justice Department had accused of perpetrating a “stock manipulation scheme” on Twitter and Discord, ruling that the prosecution failed to state an offense in a case alleging securities fraud.

The influencers were accused of securities fraud through a Pump and Dump scheme as they posted on social media that they owned or were buying various penny stocks but did not state that they were selling the stock as their followers bought. In his ruling, Judge Hanen rejected the government’s argument that this constituted a crime and concluded that the defendants “did not deprive investors of their money or property through any misrepresentation.”

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

The Congressional Budget Office has admitted that the US national debt cannot be repaid. So what's the solution from the US Government and Federal Reserve, will this weigh on the election, and what will the result be for the stock market?

★ ★ CONTENTS ★ ★
0:00 The U.S. Can't Repay Its Debt
1:00 How the Government Goes Into Debt
4:00 The Size of the Deficit
8:15 Inflating Away the Debt
12:40 Fixing the Deficit

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

In his latest memo, Howard Marks discusses the importance of avoiding expressions of absolute certainty when operating in fields subject to randomness and human emotion, like politics, economics, and investing. He suggests that it’s better to have humility and acknowledge that the smartest thing to say is often “I don’t know.”

..this stood out to me:

Markets

The rare person who in October 2022 correctly predicted that the Fed wouldn’t cut interest rates over the next 20 months was absolutely right . . . and if that prediction kept them out of the market, they’ve missed out on a gain of roughly 50% in the Standard & Poor’s 500 index. The rate-cut optimist, on the other hand, was absolutely wrong about rates but is likely much richer today. So, yes, market behavior is very tough to gauge correctly. But I’m not going to take time here to catalog the errors of market savants.

Instead, I’d like to focus on why so many market forecasts fail. The performance of economies and companies might tend toward predictability given that the forces governing them are somewhat . . . shall I say . . . mechanical. In these areas, one might say “if A, then B” with some degree of confidence. Predictions here might, therefore, have some chance of being correct, albeit that’s mostly the case when trends continue unabated and extrapolation works.

But markets swing more than economies and companies. Why? Because of the importance and unpredictability of market participants’ psyches or emotions. Thanks to further help from Conrad DeQuadros, I can illustrate the greater variability of markets, as follows:

40-Year Standard Deviation of Annual Percentage Changes
GDP1.8%
Corporate profits9.4
S&P 500 price13.1

Why is it that stock prices rise and fall so much more than the economies and companies that underlie them? And why is it that market behavior is so hard to predict and often seems unconnected to economic events and company fundamentals? The financial “sciences” – economics and finance – assume that each market participant is a homo economicus: someone who makes rational decisions designed to maximize their financial self-interest. But the crucial role played by psychology and emotion often causes this assumption to be mistaken. Investor sentiment swings a great deal, swamping the short-run influence of fundamentals. It’s for this reason that relatively few market forecasts prove correct, and fewer still are “right for the right reason.”

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

In Unknown Market Wizards, Jack Schwager interviews some of the biggest and brightest traders in the world. This book is full of tips and techniques that you can use to become a successful trader. 20 years after the best seller “Market Wizards'', Jack Schwager writes “Unknown market wizards” where he introduces these solo traders that operate in complete obscurity and achieve performance results that far surpass the vast majority of professional asset managers.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Kyle Grieve talks about "Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits" by Philip Fisher. He explores why the book was influential for Warren Buffett's transition to investing in quality businesses, the importance of a deep understanding of a business for long-term success, ways to learn about a business and its management, and the development of Philip Fisher's investing philosophy.

IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00:00 - Intro
00:02:40 - The importance of avoiding dogmatic thinking in investing
00:03:31 - Why owning growing businesses is so powerful for great investments
00:04:06 - How to evaluate a business's growth prospects
00:07:12 - How you should look at relations between a business and its employees
00:13:31 - How Amazon has strengthened its moat by thinking long-term
00:26:03 - The three ways a business can fund its growth and which are the most beneficial to shareholders
00:34:13 - Why you should seek transparency in your management teams
00:35:37 - How to balance investing in growth businesses with being a conservative investor
00:46:51 - Why having the ability to see the future of a business's profits is so key for minimizing risk
00:53:20 - The importance of consistently monitoring your businesses, no matter how well they've performed for you in the past

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Many of the best investors in the world are extremely well known through interviews and public appearances, but one of the greatest investors of all time, is hardly known at all. His name is Li Lu.

His story of being hunted by the Chinese government, fleeing to the united states, stumbling into a Warren Buffett lecture and becoming an investing genius is incredible

TIMESTAMPS
INTRO 0:00
Hunted By The CCP 1:24
LUCKY TIMING 4:25
ASIAN FINANCIAL CRISIS 7:56
HUGE PROBLEM 11:08

tontotonto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Crowdstrike $CRWD stock has dipped 28% in the last week mainly due to the spicy update that crashed many companies. How many of you see this as an opportunity to get in or are you pulling out? I have a small position but will add $1k this week

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$MIRA was the big flip today.

i got in late at $1.02 .......wished i could have dove in when it was still in the 0.60s

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
should we buy when it's low or is there a very good competitor that we should buy?
i expect Crowdstrike to drop even more. So many companies lost millions of dollars,.....they gonna feel that pinch.
I wouldn't doubt if their stock plummets to $200 a share by the end of the month.
I'm glad one of the companies i work for doesn't use Crowdstrike....altho its not a huge company, we do make around $12 million a day.
That kind of disruption would hurt significantly.
We use Tanium instead. Tanium does the same thing that Crowdstrike does, however, Tanium is not a public traded company.
They are private, just as one of the companies that I work for is privately owned as well.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
@HellBoy have you checked this show out? I see Beck and RKLB...

Not yet.

Thanks for the reminder. I can't wait to see Chris Kemp's ego get shattered.

Just finished this doc. Learned quite a bit on how Planet Labs, Astra and Rocket Lab came to be. They also show why Peter Beck hates Chris Kemp.

Worth a watch for those into space technology.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
i expect Crowdstrike to drop even more. So many companies lost millions of dollars,.....they gonna feel that pinch.
I wouldn't doubt if their stock plummets to $200 a share by the end of the month.
I'm glad one of the companies i work for doesn't use Crowdstrike....altho its not a huge company, we do make around $12 million a day.
That kind of disruption would hurt significantly.
We use Tanium instead. Tanium does the same thing that Crowdstrike does, however, Tanium is not a public traded company.
They are private, just as one of the companies that I work for is privately owned as well.

Would you say Crowdstrike has met their "Titan Submersible" moment. Can they recover?