BGOL Atlanta.....have y'all been amused by the Keith Lee stuff on TikTok

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

I wonder if most of these places will be here in 5 years?
:smh:
The business owners should be working on building system so they can scale their businesses rather than attacking a customer.

She's right... BTW: RAW

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
1. Who de fuck is that guy like Conor Macgregor said.

2. See 1.

3. There's nobody that's gonna influence me to patronize or not patronize a business from some online review. Any jackleg with a camera and an opinion is an influence or reviewer. And we're talking food here. He may hate a meal that I enjoy. What is his purpose other than ripping Black people with the guts to go into the restaurant business?
Man lol

He is a food critic doing his job
You said he gonna get killed in an earlier post cause he said door dash didn't work lmao

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
It's some character-deficient niggas on this gotdamn site boy lol

Dude bless damn near everything he touch and has changed HELLA black business owners' lives for the better. Muhfuckas be crying because by the next day he's 10x'd their revenue.

And anybody who spends any time in the A complains about the exact same shit. Hell the people from there do.

Talking bout a nigga gon get killed and that's my homeboy leave them alone is bananas lol fuck these predatory ass muhfuckas.

It's just like rap, niggas started trying to do it for the money and not because they wanted to make good shit. It'll ruin anything.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Hell i thought it was Keith Lee who played for Memphis State Basketball back in the day.
I was like i know big old ass Keith Lee ain't out here fucking people out of there money or something, etc.... :lol:

I would listen to the real Keith Lee if he was judging cause for those that dont know Keith is 6'3 350lbs and looks like he knows what good food is.
How neither of y'all mentioned that curl is beyond me :lol:

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
Never seen dude before, but I live close to the Milk n Honey by the Branch ave. Metro station in Maryland, the wait is not that long, food is decent, a little pricey for the quality, but it's a nice vibe. I heart the one up Laurel is wayyy better. O yeah, the Sunday Brunch is kool....

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Respect if y’all haven’t heard of him but dude has a huge social media following his reviews change lives :dunno:
Im sure hes entertaining, but I dont think theres anything on social media thats going to change lives....well atleast not for the positive.:lol::lol:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
This shit makes absolutely no sense. Not taking to go orders because you want to appreciate people who eat in and not overwhelm staff? WTF!!?? Man people need to stop supporting these ho are restaurants that are more concerned with appearing packed and hip than they are in providing great food and customer service.

I never realized this would be an issue but it makes sense if they don't have the staff or kitchen to do both well. If they have people on premise in their face starving and waiting long times, it also affects how many people they can serve and rotate out to make room for new diners. Also some folks get rowdy and nasty with the staff when there are long wait times.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Siskel and Ebert trashed movies on the regular and never gave disclaimers, disclosures or walked it back.

This guy is trying to shit on restaurants and not take the heat. I have a problem with that and yeah it's personal if it hurts the employment of someone I care about.

Critics are fine but do it with integrity and I'm not responding in here again. The point of posting this seems to be to shit on Black Atlanta.
Well if they treat their customers better they wouldn't be having these problems.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Im sure hes entertaining, but I dont think theres anything on social media thats going to change lives....well atleast not for the positive.:lol::lol:
He meant for the mom and pop spots.. some went from virtually unknowns to the talk of the town. From a revenue point that changes biz owners lives. One owner was behind on his rent and overnight became the talk of the town. That is a life changing event if you own your own biz

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now that everybody has had their say, I've seen restaurants that did not do to go orders, and its frustrating, but when you think about it, understandable. Their kitchen may not be big enough to support both to go orders, and eat in orders too. I've seen some restaurants convert to nothing but to go orders. I'm still on Keith Lee side tho, because he has a right to tell his experience exactly how it went.

Last edited:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I never realized this would be an issue but it makes sense if they don't have the staff or kitchen to do both well. If they have people on premise in their face starving and waiting long times, it also affects how many people they can serve and rotate out to make room for new diners. Also some folks get rowdy and nasty with the staff when there are long wait times.
I dont understand what you are saying but for any restaurant to have a no take out or pick up rule on weekends is a piss poor business decision and horrendous customer service policy. Its also antithetical to slamming in house staff. You actually want pick up business because its high turnover without monopolizing in house space. These are all high profile establishments that as shown in the video have high demand for service.. these bullshit policies are more about creating crowding and a "lit" atmosphere where they can inflate demand and overcharge and surcharge niggas to death to eat in house.

These are the same establishments that bitched and moaned during covid and only survived because of customers and take out.. and this is how they show thanks.. Fuck em all. People need to revolt against this clown shit and let these ho ass restaurants die.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He meant for the mom and pop spots.. some went from virtually unknowns to the talk of the town. From a revenue point that changes biz owners lives. One owner was behind on his rent and overnight became the talk of the town. That is a life changing event if you own your own biz

Dude reviewed several underperforming restaurants across the country who actually had good food All those restaurants are booming now. It’s 2023 bruh social media is king

Showcased on National TV

A few posts above you is a vid of a man who literally said “you changed our lives”

Oh damn you guys right I never thought of it from the business owner standpoint.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I dont understand what you are saying but for any restaurant to have a no take out or pick up rule on weekends is a piss poor business decision and horrendous customer service policy. Its also antithetical to slamming in house staff. You actually want pick up business because its high turnover without monopolizing in house space. These are all high profile establishments that as shown in the video have high demand for service.. these bullshit policies are more about creating crowding and a "lit" atmosphere where they can inflate demand and overcharge and surcharge niggas to death to eat in house.

These are the same establishments that bitched and moaned during covid and only survived because of customers and take out.. and this is how they show thanks.. Fuck em all. People need to revolt against this clown shit and let these ho ass restaurants die.

I don't know why they can't increase output, but if the option they are facing is a poor experience for everyone, or eliminating take out or dine in to have a better experience and not burn out staff, then knowing their limits and adjusting accordingly is a good thing. I wouldn't think they would intentionally cut off streams of revenue if they could handle the demand.

Maybe they could do things better or differently. Not everyone has formal education when it comes to running a business. For right now, unless Gordon Ramsey does a new series on the ATL and gets everybody in shape though, it is what it is.

I'm hoping they take the feedback and improve.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
I don't know why they can't increase output, but if the option they are facing is a poor experience for everyone, or eliminating take out or dine in to have a better experience and not burn out staff, then knowing their limits and adjusting accordingly is a good thing. I wouldn't think they would intentionally cut off streams of revenue if they could handle the demand.

Maybe they could do things better or differently. Not everyone has formal education when it comes to running a business. For right now, unless Gordon Ramsey does a new series on the ATL and gets everybody in shape though, it is what it is.

I'm hoping they take the feedback and improve.

Not making excuses for them but I can understand the idea behind no takeout on weekends.

If weekends are their busiest time in that restaurant and it's a smaller space than you can't really increase the output of the kitchen much more than it already is. Because it's a brick and mortar area it still has a limited amount of space and you can only fit so many people in there and you can only do so many dishes at one time in a kitchen. So what that prioritizing is the experience of people who are sitting in the restaurant which from a marketing perspective is a good idea. What you don't want are people who are there giving reviews saying how horrible the experience was when you're sitting down having dinner. It gets especially worse because now you could have a video of someone sitting at their table waiting for their food and it's not coming.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not making excuses for them but I can understand the idea behind no takeout on weekends.

If weekends are their busiest time in that restaurant and it's a smaller space than you can't really increase the output of the kitchen much more than it already is. Because it's a brick and mortar area it still has a limited amount of space and you can only fit so many people in there and you can only do so many dishes at one time in a kitchen. So what that prioritizing is the experience of people who are sitting in the restaurant which from a marketing perspective is a good idea. What you don't want are people who are there giving reviews saying how horrible the experience was when you're sitting down having dinner. It gets especially worse because now you could have a video of someone sitting at their table waiting for their food and it's not coming.
No idea how you cats still making excuses and justifying a policy that literally makes no sense .. Kandis excuse for the policy sounded even more stupid after her explanation..

... further, all that shit was rendered moot when the bigger issue was shown as them lying about wait times , staff shortages and serving times when they tried to sit and feed homie immediately upon finding out who he was.

ATL restaurants have those bullshit ass policies for one reason... to create false demand and give appearance of a packed and premium product. And they use that to inflate prices and surcharge dumb niggas to death.