BGOL Atlanta.....have y'all been amused by the Keith Lee stuff on TikTok

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
Word of mouth can destroy a business but he was as nice about it as he could possibly be. Also word of mouth was already so so with both places amongst people in the city.
I’m in complete agreement. I don’t this Keith Lee intentionally badmouthed their business. People do talk, and we a social media influencer or celebrity makes a similar statement, the effects can be devestating. We will see what happens.

gil919

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like what he's doing , it kind of keeps them on their feet . Most of us get treated with poor service like they think that we have to come to their spot regardless , but having enough critics doing this on social media , exposes a lot of the poor customer service spots so you can avoid the bullshit and spend your money where you get treated fair .

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
We will see what happens.

Man this shit hit tmz. It’s amazing how the heart and mind will change when you hit them in the pocket.

After one of the RMH honchos reportedly torched Keith on a local radio station -- in trying to defend his restaurant's stringent practices -- the restaurant itself issued a lengthy statement Tuesday ... seemingly admitting to being in the wrong.

The corporate account says they've done some soul-searching over the course of this week-long saga ... and now, The Real Milk & Honey is vowing to tweak how they operate.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is old but also the type of shit that people deal with in Atlanta

King Crab, especially this far inland is that expensive however. I think half the people that were complaining about that last year didn't know how expensive it can be or were tripping over how she was so used to someone else paying that she had no idea how much she was actually spending.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
King Crab, especially this far inland is that expensive however. I think half the people that were complaining about that last year didn't know how expensive it can be or were tripping over how she was so used to someone else paying that she had no idea how much she was actually spending.
Also charging people that much money for food and giving them plastic forks is ridiculous. After waiting and paying for valet

bham_brotha

Rising Star
Registered
On the low, black America needs to have this conversation black owned establishments. Some act like they hate us but still want us to be obligated to patronize them.

I could name off a long ass list of them here in ATL.. that's why I'm not surprised at all at what he experienced. The experience was more often than not shitty when it was just his family until they realized who he was. Then it was oh come on we got a table for you lol. That's EXACTLY how shit goes here.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RMH owner just keeps making shit worse. My man's really said people pat for good food, not for good service. Uh, bruh. You can't say that shit if you have a mandatory 18% gratuity to your bills. I typically tip 20-25% and will do 50% if they server is dope so I'm not mad at servers getting their bread. But he can't have it both ways. If you're adding that mandatory gratuity to protect their pockets, you gotta also set a standard for the service they provide.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
RMH owner just keeps making shit worse. My man's really said people pat for good food, not for good service. Uh, bruh. You can't say that shit if you have a mandatory 18% gratuity to your bills. I typically tip 20-25% and will do 50% if they server is dope so I'm not mad at servers getting their bread. But he can't have it both ways. If you're adding that mandatory gratuity to protect their pockets, you gotta also set a standard for the service they provide.
The owner apologized.
After one of the RMH honchos reportedly torched Keith on a local radio station -- in trying to defend his restaurant's stringent practices -- the restaurant itself issued a lengthy statement Tuesday ... seemingly admitting to being in the wrong.

The corporate account says they've done some soul-searching over the course of this week-long saga ... and now, The Real Milk & Honey is vowing to tweak how they operate.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Atlanta is a shit show for service. And, yes, it’s us. My list of places I’ll never go back to is looooong. After the Hawks game we walked to a spot that had hooooooorrible service. They didn’t even talk to you. I though the nigga was a deaf mute. :lol: I look at the homey and he was shook. Entire staff is black.:smh: Niggas had red hair (the dudes) and the chicks all had zero emotions on their faces. It was bad.

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The idea that a business should exist because it's black is mental retardation.

Black business that caters to its a community has always been the goal.
It's nothing to increase your staff and create whatever it is you need to accommodate your clientele when your already a successful business. There's grants and loans etc.

Your only a successful shifty business owner because you want to be. Not because of all these crackhead excuses.

Anyone defending that Milk & Honey nonsense is rage baiting.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
The idea that a business should exist because it's black is mental retardation.

Black business that caters to its a community has always been the goal.
It's nothing to increase your staff and create whatever it is you need to accommodate your clientele when your already a successful business. There's grants and loans etc.

Your only a successful shifty business owner because you want to be. Not because of all these crackhead excuses.

Anyone defending that Milk & Honey nonsense is rage baiting.

The peoblem is that the Atlanta people don't know any better. They actually think being treated like crap is ok. The fact that it doesn't happen in any other cities shows how sad that is.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Several months ago “The Hungry Blackman” came thru Detroit and did basically the same thing. At first folks were pissed about the harsh comments, but the restaurants go there shit together and improved there service/offerings.

It takes fresh eyes to look at a situation and to motivate improvements

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
i swear i try and want to support black business but WE make it hard with poor service

you better not try to call in a order somewhere in Memphis..half the time they won't even answer the phone.

Hell one time i called a place when i left the house....i kept calling till i got there and when i got there the phone was still ringing and i'm walking in and heard the phone and this girl was standing there talking on her personal phone.

took my whole order and never hung up her personal phone call...

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Folks thought I was full of shit. Atlanta is whack now. Dude is not wrong. Most places in atlanta I’ve only been once because of the service. Shit atmosphere, bad attitudes, loud ass music, bad area, short staffed, out of everything on the menu, prices too high.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
So I was in Atlanta a few months ago taking my son on a college tour. So we checked out a few of the places but yeah the food scene in Atlanta is a mess.

I have some family members I was staying with and I asked them why do you put up with it because there's other places, it's not like Atlanta is some tiny little town where the shitty place is the only place you got. But I realize....it's the mentality of the people in Atlanta. They've convinced themselves that that kind of treatment is okay and it's part of how things work. I had to tell him I'm like this would never fly in nyc, and he knew that because he's been in NYC or more than one occasion. I've seen half hour waits to get into Amy Ruth in Harlem but that's because so many tourists come to see it. But once you get in they don't treat you like shit they don't make you feel like you lucky you're there.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wanting to harm this dude family is crazy.
I know one thing, nobody is gonna try to fight him one on one tho.
Being a former MMA fighter, people better think twice. lol
Right. I was thinking the same thing.
Get your ass killed or knocked out with his fists.

fourthstbully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

i did some work for the original owners, Chef Sammy and his fiance at the time. Chef Sammy was cool. i heard the fiance stole his business or some shit like that. milk and honey USED to be decent. and they opened a spot where IBEX used to be; food was good there too. from what i saw and heard, the ol girl did him dirty, took the restaurants and everything went down after that.