Black Adam movie gets a release date of July 29, 2022. (Dwayne Johnson, The Rock )

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not a shazam fan and I haven't seen the movie yet.... I just been noticing that in the last 20 years or so audience movie viewing habits have shifted to the point where social media has destroyed movie magic and filmmaking :smh::smh::smh:

yall don't watch movies..you analyze them even before the script is written or one shot is filmed. Yall want scene by scene break downs the first day the shit comes out!

Leaked scripts
BTS vids of principle photography
Endless theories of storylines
And when ya'll dont get your way you harass the studio until they cave in and change shit

Here's the thing that really irks me about how this generation watches tv and movies...there's no magic and discovery and figuring things out or being presented with new information. Everything...damn near EVERYTHING in movies and tv shows have some sort of source material and/or revealed backstory that's known AND on top of that spoilers and near spoilers in articles and BTS footage is used to promote the thing so much so that you (not you specifically but you this generation) don't watch movies with the idea of magic and discovery...your just comparing whats happening on the screen to what you already know. And if things don't match up then it SUCKS!

Theres been articles and such saying theres a twist in a movie...guess what....just saying there's a twist...ruins the twist. What makes a twist great is that it's NOT EXPECTED... it's like telling a person that something going happen for them on their birthday...even if you don't reveal what that thing is...they know to expect something...and that ruins the surprise in and of itself. And many times the flick is STILL in the theaters. :smh: :smh: :smh:

If The Empire Strikes Back came out today...there would news articles with headlines like
  • 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DARTH VADER
  • THE TWIST ENDING TO EMPIRE STRIKES BACK EXPLAINED
  • WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LUKE, LEIA AND THE FORCE
  • OBI-WAN AND YODA'S CONNECTION TO DARTH VADER

They do shit like this ALL the time now and its pisses me off. There's no fun in movie watching anymore everything has to be overly analyzed TWO WEEKS BEFORE AND TWO SECONDS after its come out. :smh::smh::smh:

Try DISCOVERING a movie.....watch it with NO expectations and find out whats its about as your watching it.... try that and see how it feels... I'm serious.

They used to call my generation instant gratification kids...hell THIS is instant gratification syndrome at its worst.

I agree with this. I love a good surprise in a movie. It leaves a more memorable impression. I haven't seen Black Adam yet but I'm sure the end would have been more impactful if it was not discussed ad nauseum before the movie even debuted in the US.

If I'm truly interested in a movie, I go media dark. I'll make a point to see the movie the first opportunity I can. No reviews, no articles, no clips, no BGOL threads. I don't want anything in the movie to be spoiled for me. I may or may not watch the first trailer. But I definitely will not watch the second trailer. And my friends & family know not to discuss the movie with me until we've seen it.

It's really difficult to be surprised in the age of information. But I try my best. It's definitely not just movies. All forms of media. I'd argue it's worse in television because of the way streaming works. Some people have more time to binge a show the second it drops than others.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree with this. I love a good surprise in a movie. It leaves a more memorable impression. I haven't seen Black Adam yet but I'm sure the end would have been more impactful if it was not discussed ad nauseum before the movie even debuted in the US.

If I'm truly interested in a movie, I go media dark. I'll make a point to see the movie the first opportunity I can. No reviews, no articles, no clips, no BGOL threads. I don't want anything in the movie to be spoiled for me. I may or may not watch the first trailer. But I definitely will not watch the second trailer. And my friends & family know not to discuss the movie with me until we've seen it.

It's really difficult to be surprised in the age of information. But I try my best. It's definitely not just movies. All forms of media. I'd argue it's worse in television because of the way streaming works. Some people have more time to binge a show the second it drops than others.
I hear you....but when you say you go media dark you must mean not going on the internet at all and not watching any television becuz I TRY to avoid seeing things but shit just pops up in the news feed. I took a screen cap for a rant video I was thinking of making for youtube and this is what popped up in the NEWS FEED...just the titles alone I didn't click on any articles...

AVvXsEh7IS_35AmrH2sVtIBfkIxaBrgA-Blwl0x7fX3U5KYIxG1CEzcGWN3IJv78_BANNVUg2tqNmrFcawUOBl3GkFu1KoqeKW7pxPXseqIm9vu-cKCu8JKFiIzKpLwMfcqo-jF5vudtSZM6JM6O21JDEEu5vPNtdvJ3Y7UhS1Ce7hWPYax8_wRimG2Pzetc=s16000

:smh::smh::smh::pain::pain::pain::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::fuckyousay::fuckyousay::fuckyousay:

HOW MANY PEOPLES MOVIE EXPERIENCE WAS RUINED JUST GLANCING AT THOSE TITLES??

And why do they keep doing it?? for clicks and views...gotta make content SOMEHOW right??

Think this generation cares about that?? NOPE....as long as the curious itch is scratched...so what :dunno:..(<<< and thats the emoji that best sums up this generation.)

they couldn't survive movie and tv watching in 1985... THERES ONLY 3 NETWORKS?? SOMEBODY EXPLAIN THIS MOVIE FOR ME!! OHMIGOD CARTOONS ONLY COME ON ONCE A WEEK ON SATURDAY MORNING???!! :smh::smh::smh::smh:

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fell asleep after the first viewing....watched again last night. The action and visual saved this movie. Skimming through this thread and I'm not seeing anyone mention all of the comic book movie biting this movie did. So many scenes that were straight pulled from other RECENT movies.
That shit at the beginning with the reward??????

WE JUST WATCHED THOR LIKE A FEW DAYS AGO...LOL

who's running the show over there...lol

7/10

Hawkman looked dope...even though he kinda sucked

Dr Str...I mean Fate...lol

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
PRAISE: The popular character created in 1945 is finally on the big screen portrayed by Dwayne The Rock Johnson. This was super hyped up at DC Fandome and I definitely bought into the hype. Johnson does a great job as BA. He definitely has the presence and charisma to pull it off. His co stars Pierce Brosnan as Dr.Fate and Aldis Hodge as Hawkman are given the most to do aside from Sarah Shahi and the kid who portrays her son Bodhi Sabongui.
The writers did their homework on the character and I appreciate that.
Most of the blends of violence and humor worked for me. There's a Terminator 2 Judgment Day vibe to some of the movie which I didn't mind.
Most of the SFX and action sequences are pretty good. The whole anti hero thing was played up well.
The ending of the movie opens up a lot of opportunities for future DC films.

PROBLEMS: Some setups in the story were questionable. I felt a couple of characters were added just to try to connect the other DC films from the past few years. The villain was lackluster with predictable turns around his edges.
While a couple of characters looked cool,I felt they were just there to look cute : Quintessa Swindell as Cyclone,and provide comic relief : Noah Centineo as Atom Smasher.
The placement of popular songs during some action sequences felt jarring.
There's some emotional weight in the movie but not enough backstory lead to me not feeling much for what happened.
Some parts were extremely repetitive.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
The movie was decent. It was about as good as Aquaman. The Rock did well. The action kept it moving. The first after credit scene was dope. Didn't stay for the second.

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
Arnold in Terminator 2, thats who the rock reminded me of. A bit better script and direction this could of been a classic.

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
The movie was decent. It was about as good as Aquaman. The Rock did well. The action kept it moving. The first after credit scene was dope. Didn't stay for the second.
A second one? I had to leave before i disowned my daughter, lil fucker talking crazy, super man can't beat black adam.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Maybe I don't remember something from previous movies, but when did the end credit person become cool with waller??
he's a threat to the world, which automatically gets superman involved. She also has a relationship with Batman as shown in suicide squad i think.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
he's a threat to the world, which automatically gets superman involved. She also has a relationship with Batman as shown in suicide squad i think.
Thing is if The Flash will SUPPOSEDLY reset everything like originally planned will she have the same relationship w/ Keaton's Batman..

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
JOYGASM!!!!!!!

The problem was NEVER Henry Cavill as Superman, it's the fact that he never got to properly portray the real Superman.
Congrats to you Henry!!! I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you do now as the character.
:superman2:
Yeah bruh they seem to just have him as a sex symbol for the ladies. Dude is a decent actor, give him more character to work with. Zach Snyder and his damn flashbacks.. Smh!