Black Adam movie gets a release date of July 29, 2022. (Dwayne Johnson, The Rock )

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
So it wasn't as bad as the critics said, I kept on wondering why Shazam didn't show up. The worst part of the movie was the annoying kid. DC thinks every super hero needs some annoying sidekick that tells them how to world works :smh:

My petty criticism.
The tornado chic's legs are too skinny so they should have given her baggy pants.
Atom Smasher and the chic served no purpose.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
So it wasn't as bad as the critics said, I kept on wondering why Shazam didn't show up. The worst part of the movie was the annoying kid. Marvel thinks every super hero needs some annoying sidekick that tells them how to world works :smh:

My petty criticism.
The tornado chic's legs are too skinny so they should have given her baggy pants.

:hmm:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Where these fools at????

jay-z-laugh.gif

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So it wasn't as bad as the critics said, I kept on wondering why Shazam didn't show up. The worst part of the movie was the annoying kid. DC thinks every super hero needs some annoying sidekick that tells them how to world works :smh:

My petty criticism.
I don't know why they keep doing that shit.

Who the fuck does that appeal to..seriously..I remember being a kid and getting annoyed with the smart aleck kid in movies and TV shows.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Honestly it's what I always expected especially after the first trailer

Going to support though.

The Rock is gonna bring the action

And that's all the fans expect from this one

I think it will do fine

Can someone please bookmark all the dudes on here who said this gonna do black panther numbers?

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

I actually enjoyed it, but no one knew who Black Adam was and it isn't Marvel. Weak ass villian in it too.

Now Black Adam vs Superman would do numbers. With Marvel's weak offerings in this phase, DC has a chance. They need to move the animated writers into the 'real actors' versions. Because DCs animated content is some good, well-written shit.

DC sitting on Batman, Superman, Joker, Legion of Doom, Superfriends, etc. How they fuck that up is one of life's mysteries. :smh: If they fuck up the potential to have Henry and the Rock put something out, it's on them. @Camille will pre-order tickets. :lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I actually enjoyed it, but no one knew who Black Adam was and it isn't Marvel. Weak ass villian in it too.

Now Black Adam vs Superman would do numbers. With Marvel's weak offerings in this phase, DC has a chance. They need to move the animated writers into the 'real actors' versions. Because DCs animated content is some good, well-written shit.

DC sitting on Batman, Superman, Joker, Legion of Doom, Superfriends, etc. How they fuck that up is one of life's mysteries. :smh: If they fuck up the potential to have Henry and the Rock put something out, it's on them. @Camille will pre-order tickets. :lol:

I ain't seen yet and I'm pretty sure it's just fine

I'm not on that

Where the dudes on here who were SWEARING it was gonna do BPWF numbers?

That's all I want to know

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I ain't seen yet and I'm pretty sure it's just fine

I'm not on that

Where the dudes on here who were SWEARING it was gonna do BPWF numbers?

That's all I want to know

Probably in the same place of those who though Wakanda forever would come close to the first movies numbers. On the real side, Marvel can't be too pleased even though everything over $600 million is profit.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Probably in the same place of those who though Wakanda forever would come close to the first movies numbers. On the real side, Marvel can't be too pleased even though everything over $600 million is profit.

Stop it.

After Chadwick passed

The rewrites

Covid

The vaccine controversy

The bullsh*t online recasting boycott

Coogler showed he is a cinematic mastermind

And Feige leadership and support showed why he the boss.

The reviews were great overseas numbers great and it got legs.

No one anywhere marvel dc Disney etc etc

Is NOT disappointed with those numbers

Cause if they are ?

I can name quite a few other studios who should be slitting they wrists under the Christmas tree right about now.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Stop it.

After Chadwick passed

The rewrites

Covid

The vaccine controversy

The bullsh*t online recasting boycott

Coogler showed he is a cinematic mastermind

And Feige leadership and support showed why he the boss.

The reviews were great overseas numbers great and it got legs.

No one anywhere marvel dc Disney etc etc

Is NOT disappointed with those numbers

Cause if they are ?

I can name quite a few other studios who should be slitting they wrists under the Christmas tree right about now.
Not only do I like to be entertained, but I'm a realist and investor. If you think Disney is satisfied with this you are not being realistic. Shit is regressing. Investors are watching. From those of us who might throw lunch money at Disney to big boys. Does this make me want to invest anything in Disney? No. And my youngest daugher got a long time to cash in gains on her portfolio, and none of this inspires me to add this shit to it.
Yeah, other studios would love those numbers, but that ain't saying much given the state these fools got the box office in. :lol:Say man, what healthy company fires it's CEO in such a manner? Name one. Can't, because that doesn't happen.

Listen. I want black superheroes, black horror, sci fi, etc. In a perfect world, Black Adam and Wakanda both race past $1 billion dollars. But that shit didn't happen. They won't reach that combined. But it's not a relection on these products per se. It's a reflection on the ones producing them. Because if Marvel hadn't lost the trust of fans, Wakanda would have crushed $1 billion and investors would be pleased with the future outlook of Disney/Marvel.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not only do I like to be entertained, but I'm a realist and investor. If you think Disney is satisfied with this you are not being realistic. Shit is regressing. Investors are watching. From those of us who might throw lunch money at Disney to big boys. Does this make me want to invest anything in Disney? No. And my youngest daugher got a long time to cash in gains on her portfolio, and none of this inspires me to add this shit to it.
Yeah, other studios would love those numbers, but that ain't saying much given the state these fools got the box office in. :lol:Say man, what healthy company fires it's CEO in such a manner? Name one. Can't, because that doesn't happen.

Listen. I want black superheroes, black horror, sci fi, etc. In a perfect world, Black Adam and Wakanda both race past $1 billion dollars. But that shit didn't happen. They won't reach that combined. But it's not a relection on these products per se. It's a reflection on the ones producing them. Because if Marvel hadn't lost the trust of fans, Wakanda would have crushed $1 billion and investors would be pleased with the future outlook of Disney/Marvel.

I get it trust me

That's why my boy

*press play*

Iger back iger back
There's all these investors screaming that Iger back
Wakanda Forever, Chadwick forever rolling
Riding brand new ship on Andor, but that bitch is stolen
Guardians at my gate, whipping work like Thor wit the hammer baby
But I'm stacking paper, turning red like my new Mercedes baby
They screaming Iger back, Iger back

*Ahem I digress* @therealjondoe you can keep that.

But what you saying is common sense

Every company wants everything to make a trillion dollars

That's a given

I'm saying that specific project

Given EVERYTHING

is NOT a disappointment and did not under perform.

We can name a ton of other Disney projects that did

And even MORE from other companies

But on the flip Paramount did INCREDIBLE!!!

in theatres and streaming and now with Showtime too?

And their successes honestly they had NO IDEA MAVERICK WAS GOING TO DO THAT.

After covid and theaters closing etc etc

But You really want to start going company by company?

You think THEY wouldn't want Wakanda Forever?

not only NUMBERS

but social media presence and merchandising?

Yeah ok

This is a wasted discussion there are WAY more interesting "flops" and success stories.

Wakanda did the damn

Coogler World
Feige gang
Iger aka God favorite

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I get it trust me

That's why my boy

*press play*

Iger back iger back
Wakanda Forever, Chadwick forever rolling
Riding brand new ship on Andor, but that bitch is stolen
Guardians at my gate, whipping work like Thor wit the hammer baby
But I'm stacking paper, turning red like my new Mercedes baby
They screaming Iger back, Iger back

*Ahem I digress* @therealjondoe you can keep that.

But what you saying is common sense

Every company wants everything to make a trillion dollars

That's a given

I'm saying that specific project

Given EVERYTHING

is NOT a disappointment and did not under perform.

We can name a ton of other Disney projects that did

And even MORE from other companies

But on the flip Paramount did INCREDIBLE!!!

in theatres and streaming and now with Showtime too?

And their successes honestly they had NO IDEA MAVERICK WAS GOING TO DO THAT.

After covid and theaters closing etc etc

But You really want to start going company by company?

You think THEY wouldn't want Wakanda Forever?

not only NUMBERS

but social media presence and merchandising?

Yeah ok

This is a wasted discussion there are WAY more interesting "flops" and success stories.

Wakanda did the damn

Coogler World
Feige gang
Iger aka God favorite

I think you're missing the point. Black Panther was a movement. Period. Sadly, Wakanda Forever didn't continue it. And yes, it still could have crushed it with the actor dying. But Disney being the new Disney messed up. What those Black Panther toys doing right now? :smh:

I'm afraid you're not looking at this objectively, and that's cool. You're a big fan. Anything under $1 billion for an IP like this is a disappointment for Disney whether they publicly admit it or not. Period.

Personally, I hope D.C. doesn't let this Black Adam showing stop them from doing another. Also, look for big changes if they do a third Black Panther or it will barely be profitable(giving that returns keep going backwards) and they want to sell toys.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
If the next 3 DC films don’t bring in a good profit.

Good chance WB/Discovery will sell the DC property.

Warner Bros has owned DC since the 1960s and their best DC film to date is Christopher Reeves “Superman” in 1977.

Discovery is sitting at the table. They are masters of making cheap content and getting millions in return.

Discovery is not gonna allow money to be spent on these projects if they ain’t getting a return.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Shame. I liked Black Adam. The only issue it had, would be the introduction of the JSA. Watching Black Adam, I was wishing for a JSA prequel film which kind of took me out of the film I was watching.

I like the DCEU films, but I can't help but wonder what the fuck they were smoking. They should be in Marvel's position right now. WB/DC had the rights to all of their properties back when the first Iron Man film dropped. They should have slowly built their universe the way Marvel did....but they dropped the ball big time. Had they built around Nolan's Batman, we could be on the fourth Justice League film.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
If the next 3 DC films don’t bring in a good profit.

Good chance WB/Discovery will sell the DC property.

Warner Bros has owned DC since the 1960s and their best DC film to date is Christopher Reeves “Superman” in 1977.

Discovery is sitting at the table. They are masters of making cheap content and getting millions in return.

Discovery is not gonna allow money to be spent on these projects if they ain’t getting a return.
You think superman 1977 is the best? Or is that the one that made the most money? Batman 1989 was huge. I was a kid and went to see that shit twice. To me, Dark knight and the Batman with Bane >>> anything else.

But yeah, they need help, but since Marvel is commiting suicide right before our eyes, all D.C. has to do is move back to listening to fans and they should make money. Bringing back Henry for superman is a set in the right direction. If Marvel is serious about reevaluating after the shitshow of Phase 4, D.C. might be in trouble.

D.C. about to put out Hawkman so they setting more money on fire. :smh:

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
After recently watching this and Thor: Love and Thunder, I can definitely say I preferred Thor by a large margin.

This starts off good but the fighting eventually becomes stale. I got tired of seeing them fight in the air and fly around. Furthermore, Kahndaq is probably the ugliest setting I've seen in a superhero film. Just completely monotone and boring to look at.

Lastly, The Rock's acting has not improved and he had zero charisma or range. He seemed more robotic than Vision did in his first appearance in Age of Ultron.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Shame. I liked Black Adam. The only issue it had, would be the introduction of the JSA. Watching Black Adam, I was wishing for a JSA prequel film which kind of took me out of the film I was watching.

I like the DCEU films, but I can't help but wonder what the fuck they were smoking. They should be in Marvel's position right now. WB/DC had the rights to all of their properties back when the first Iron Man film dropped. They should have slowly built their universe the way Marvel did....but they dropped the ball big time. Had they built around Nolan's Batman, we could be on the fourth Justice League film.
They were spoiled by all of the years they had no competition and could eat off of Batman and Superman. There was no need for them to develop the rest of their roster for decades.

No to mention when they did venture out (e.g. Constantine and Jonah Hex) it was fucking awful.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
You think superman 1977 is the best? Or is that the one that made the most money? Batman 1989 was huge. I was a kid and went to see that shit twice. To me, Dark knight and the Batman with Bane >>> anything else.

But yeah, they need help, but since Marvel is commiting suicide right before our eyes, all D.C. has to do is move back to listening to fans and they should make money. Bringing back Henry for superman is a set in the right direction. If Marvel is serious about reevaluating after the shitshow of Phase 4, D.C. might be in trouble.

D.C. about to put out Hawkman so they setting more money on fire. :smh:

I rank Superman 1977 the best cuz it was the first superhero movie that basically changed the game and set the foundation on how to do it correctly.

It also is a timeless classic that people enjoy watching over and over again. People who are not comic heads or have any interest in superhero movies to this day watch it.

The current crop of MCU/DCEU films since the 2000s, they are enjoyable to watch, but the majority of them fit in the category of “Watch it once and you pretty much don’t have any interest in watching it again”.