Black Spades mobile game on iPhone and Android

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
I am using Android. I play music through Pi music player on my smartphone while i am playing black spades. Everytime a hand is over and an advertisement pops up, my music pauses. I then have to switch programs and press play to resume the music then come back to the game. This gets old after a while.

Is there a way for Black Spades to restart the music after the ad?
I had a feeling you were on Android. I'm gonna have to do some more digging on that one. On the iPhone it's built into the OS. On Android we have to find a way to do it since it's not easily built into the OS and there is the fact that folks use different music players.

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
yooooooooo make the blind 7 work! you can run a blind 6 and come out alright majority of the time but run the blind 7 and you NEVER execute:angry::smh::dunno:

I've done a blind 7. It works. Dare I say to you, "Play better!" LOL. The blind 7 is suppose to be harder to get. Same as a blind 10 that you get 200 points for (coming in the future, btw.)

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
Yea. Hard to explain situations becuase spades is played with intuition - something that can't be taught to a computer.

One thing I do notice and hate is when the computer opponent has cut me with spades and my computer partner will throw the highest card he has in that suit - like an ace or something, then he'll play a lower card later. He should throw the lowest card he has if I've been cut and he can't cut with a higher spades.

The computer partner should always throw the lowest card possible if he's not going to win that hand - the high card could come in handy later. But not in all situations. It's more intuitive and not always black and white so it's hard to teach that to a program. I don't know.

Thank you. Yes, that is a good general rule to put in. And you are right about the intuitive thing. Some things can be generalized while some things really have to do with that moment and who you are playing. I literally could have spend 2 years on the AI for this game, but that would have not been a good move for me. LOL.

But thank you again for explaining this. I've noticed this too, thank you for confirming.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
can you tell now that there are less ads?
hell yes.

i realize i never reneged until i played it on my phone. the tablet had plenty of finger space.

also i know 4 books is board, but i should be able to throw a hand back in when i only get 2 spades.

cant get ONE book with a 6, while im blingin' and bleeding at the lounge.

and yes, i talk shit and across the board to the game. i cant help it.

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
hell yes.

i realize i never reneged until i played it on my phone. the tablet had plenty of finger space.

also i know 4 books is board, but i should be able to throw a hand back in when i only get 2 spades.

cant get ONE book with a 6, while im blingin' and bleeding at the lounge.

and yes, i talk shit and across the board to the game. i cant help it.
Great! The game will do a Misdeal only if someone doesn't get any spades. Come on 2! you trying to get 8 books every hand, man?! lol.
Yes, the tablet is a best experience for the game, I agree.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Great! The game will do a Misdeal only if someone doesn't get any spades. Come on 2! you trying to get 8 books every hand, man?! lol.
Yes, the tablet is a best experience for the game, I agree.
dude...you get SET if you dont get 4 books. you lose 40 points. there has been many a time where i KNEW we were only gonna get 3.

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
dude...you get SET if you dont get 4 books. you lose 40 points. there has been many a time where i KNEW we were only gonna get 3.

Thats how everyone I know plays... only throw a hand in on 0 spades. Too bad if you can't make board

He already talked about adding rule packs later because some play differently.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Y'all play wrong.

And btw, Everytime I say yes to watching the video the game freezes. On both devices.

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
Okay I need to get you to explain it fully, so I can see if it's a logic bug or just your bad luck. :puzzled:

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
Thats how everyone I know plays... only throw a hand in on 0 spades. Too bad if you can't make board

He already talked about adding rule packs later because some play differently.

Oh, I think I misunderstood what he said, a1rimrocka. So, is he saying take out going board?? Shit, I've never got just 3 books. Hmmm.

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh, I think I misunderstood what he said, a1rimrocka. So, is he saying take out going board?? Shit, I've never got just 3 books. Hmmm.

He's saying he wants a misdeal on 2 or less spades. The way I understood it, thats so he can always make or maximize his chances of making board :lol:

CPU got 10 books on me once.. it's not a big deal. just the luck of the draw

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
He's saying he wants a misdeal on 2 or less spades. The way I understood it, thats so he can always make or maximize his chances of making board :lol:

CPU got 10 books on me once.. it's not a big deal. just the luck of the draw
Yes. Sometimes the CPU can have a great game.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
When you say both devices does that mean iOS and Android?
naw, i have 2 android devices, tablet and phone.

when i t says do you want to watch a video, i click yes, and thats it. the game freezes. i have to close it and reopen it.

and yeah, 3 times i got one spade and the rest were low cards from all the other suits. my partner would bid one book, then i'd be forced to bid 3. im like i CANT GET 3 books with this bullshit.

if thats a part of the game then so be it, but where im from we can throw a hand in at least once per game.

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor

when i t says do you want to watch a video, i click yes, and thats it. the game freezes. i have to close it and reopen it.

and yeah, 3 times i got one spade and the rest were low cards from all the other suits. my partner would bid one book, then i'd be forced to bid 3. im like i CANT GET 3 books with this bullshit.

if that's a part of the game then so be it, but where i'm from we can throw a hand in at least once per game.
Thanks for the explanation. I will look into the ad freezing thing. so it just freezes everytime you hit Yes. if you hit No what happens?

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Thanks for the explanation. I will look into the ad freezing thing. so it just freezes everytime you hit Yes. if you hit No what happens?

Say KoGz that ad money real, if you get connected to the right companies.
I read ab article a few weeks ago, that touched on this matter.

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
Say KoGz that ad money real, if you get connected to the right companies.
I read ab article a few weeks ago, that touched on this matter.
yeah man. i'm trying to find some of that realness, for sure. I'm making pitch presentations and stuff trying to get ready.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
yeah man. i'm trying to find some of that realness, for sure. I'm making pitch presentations and stuff trying to get ready.

Yea bro, I'm find it for you. Man I read over some much info it crazy. Our projected launching date is November just in time for the shopping season.

I told me peeps we have to be completely ready by Halloween.

Man say if you have 1 million downloads, but charged 2.99 monthly.

Then turned around and inked a deal with Chevrolet, Home Depot, Allstate & Popeye's which rakes in $200k yearly...
(All example, numbers was randomly typed, but I do know Chev pays the most in the US)

We talk about passive income there you go.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Link me to that article.

This one

Why the mobile ad market is so dependent on app installs for growth
This is the second article in a series, “The Mobile Publisher,” a look at how publishers are tackling challenges in the shift to mobile, from design to content to monetization.

Apps are dominating mobile advertising, spending hundreds of millions of dollars to boost their downloads, and there are few signs this flood of money — from venture capitalist to app to mobile ad — will slow any time soon.

Companies like Facebook, Google and Twitter are making a killing on app-install ads, which are the most ubiquitous type of ad on mobile. When one app — a game, delivery service or e-retailer — falters, another five go searching for users with ads on mobile devices.

Advertisement

“There isn’t a single brand in the world, consumer product, automotive or travel brand, that will spend as much money on mobile ads as apps,” said Mahi de Silva, CEO of Opera Mediaworks, which helps big brands advertise on top publishing sites and apps.

Opera’s internal numbers reflect the dominance of app-install ads: One third of its revenue comes from that portion of the business. The top mobile game maker will spend $100 million in ads through Opera Mediaworks in 2015, far outspending any brand marketer, de Silva said.

Not only is a large portion of the mobile ad market tied to mobile app installs, but that segment is heavily reliant on a handful of the biggest spenders.

Any frequent mobile user has likely seen install ads from DraftKings, FanDuel, Game of War, Clash of Clans, The Sims. De Silva said Opera’s app-install ads tend to come from the top 10 titles.

These high rollers lead the way for the thousands of other apps that are struggling to find their own share of voice.

Facebook, Google, Twitter and others are developing ever more sophisticated products for all developers, including video ads and deep linking ads, which target customers who haven’t visited a certain app in awhile.

“The app-install ecosystem is actually what’s responsible for growing that space for Facebook, Google and every other company,” said Chris Cunningham, global head of mobile and brand partnerships at IronSource, an apps data and analytics company. “What’s driving mobile budgets is not brands like Coca-Cola but gaming companies and lifestyle apps.”

It’s a wonder the growth continues, considering that any given smartphone user spends most of his phone time on about five apps. But even if the same apps don’t account for the same level of ad spending in 2016, there seems to be no shortage of new apps ready to take their place.

“Most apps fail — 90 percent of them fail — it’s a very difficult business to be in, most people use five or 10 apps,” said Warren Zenna, executive vp and managing director at Mobext, the mobile ad buying arm of Havas Media Group. “But there is a jackpot at the end of the app download tunnel, so they play.”

Facebook, Google and Twitter don’t typically disclose what portion of their revenue is from app-installs or other app-focused marketing. However, mobile ad spend is rising fast, and there is no doubt that the apps are fueling the growth.

Ad spend by mobile developers is skyrocketing, according to social technology platform Kenshoo. “The combination of new entrants to the space, and increasing budgets have driven overall spending up nearly four times what it was one year ago,” Kenshoo said in a recent report that looked at June of this year compared to last.

A look at the top spenders on Facebook shows that most of them are developers backed by venture capital, according to a new data firm called Sensor Tower.

Four of the top five advertisers in October were Supercell and ContextLogic, just two of the examples of apps funneling big investor money into app-install advertising.

“As long as the general market stays where it’s at, Facebook advertising will be fine,” said Dmitry Filimonov, chief engineer at Sensor Tower. “A lot of the top advertisers have received substantial VC funding that quickly becomes their advertising budget.”

The spending will continue so long as it keeps working, which it seems to be doing for the biggest players, Filimonov said.

“For others like ‘Game of War’ and ‘Clash of Clans,’ they are monetizing so well, making upward of $100 million in revenue a month on Google Play and the Apple App Store combined,” he said. “They can afford to pay.”

All this activity is certainly affecting the broader mobile ad market, and forcing brands to compete for valuable ad placement on mobile devices and within apps like Facebook.

The competition will increase in the fourth quarter, according to de Silva of Opera Mediaworks. Over the holidays, brands and mobile game companies will be looking to get in front of people with iTunes gift cards sitting in their pockets.

“More brands are spending more of their budget in the fourth quarter, so that drives up the price of inventory, and we know app-install customers have new titles coming into market,” de Silva said. “The apps are willing to pay more for an impression than the brand guys will.”

Yet there are always risks that the app-install ad market could dry up. Facebook knows it must diversify its ad base, and it is developing tools to get more big brands on board to lower its dependence on app marketers.

“A significant amount of Facebook advertiser budgets are spent on app installs,” said Zenna of Mobext. “They’re moving away from it because I think they know they don’t want to have all their eggs in one basket.”

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
Yea bro, I'm find it for you. Man I read over some much info it crazy. Our projected launching date is November just in time for the shopping season.

I told me peeps we have to be completely ready by Halloween.

Man say if you have 1 million downloads, but charged 2.99 monthly.

Then turned around and inked a deal with Chevrolet, Home Depot, Allstate & Popeye's which rakes in $200k yearly...
(All example, numbers was randomly typed, but I do know Chev pays the most in the US)

We talk about passive income there you go.
yeah. What you really need to watch is your DAU = Daily Active Users. You don't need a million people to make consistent passive money. You just need enough active people!

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
can you tell now that there are less ads?

Not really but I have a rhythm going where they don't bother me anymore. The twitter thing sorted itself out also, I got the authorization prompt instead of the black screen. It's crashed a couple of times, but I think that is the android runtime on this phone rather than your app.

Also when you update the rules or add the packs the ability to bid 10 (books) for 200 (points) would be great. And maybe consider letting the opponent have the ability to go blind. I don't mind winning 250 to -500 but if they could also do blinds that wouldn't happen as often.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

if thats a part of the game then so be it, but where im from we can throw a hand in at least once per game.

That's the rule most places, you have to bid minimum board. (4)

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
t
This one

Why the mobile ad market is so dependent on app installs for growth
This is the second article in a series, “The Mobile Publisher,” a look at how publishers are tackling challenges in the shift to mobile, from design to content to monetization.

Apps are dominating mobile advertising, spending hundreds of millions of dollars to boost their downloads, and there are few signs this flood of money — from venture capitalist to app to mobile ad — will slow any time soon.

Companies like Facebook, Google and Twitter are making a killing on app-install ads, which are the most ubiquitous type of ad on mobile. When one app — a game, delivery service or e-retailer — falters, another five go searching for users with ads on mobile devices.

Advertisement

“There isn’t a single brand in the world, consumer product, automotive or travel brand, that will spend as much money on mobile ads as apps,” said Mahi de Silva, CEO of Opera Mediaworks, which helps big brands advertise on top publishing sites and apps.

Opera’s internal numbers reflect the dominance of app-install ads: One third of its revenue comes from that portion of the business. The top mobile game maker will spend $100 million in ads through Opera Mediaworks in 2015, far outspending any brand marketer, de Silva said.

Not only is a large portion of the mobile ad market tied to mobile app installs, but that segment is heavily reliant on a handful of the biggest spenders.

Any frequent mobile user has likely seen install ads from DraftKings, FanDuel, Game of War, Clash of Clans, The Sims. De Silva said Opera’s app-install ads tend to come from the top 10 titles.

These high rollers lead the way for the thousands of other apps that are struggling to find their own share of voice.

Facebook, Google, Twitter and others are developing ever more sophisticated products for all developers, including video ads and deep linking ads, which target customers who haven’t visited a certain app in awhile.

“The app-install ecosystem is actually what’s responsible for growing that space for Facebook, Google and every other company,” said Chris Cunningham, global head of mobile and brand partnerships at IronSource, an apps data and analytics company. “What’s driving mobile budgets is not brands like Coca-Cola but gaming companies and lifestyle apps.”

It’s a wonder the growth continues, considering that any given smartphone user spends most of his phone time on about five apps. But even if the same apps don’t account for the same level of ad spending in 2016, there seems to be no shortage of new apps ready to take their place.

“Most apps fail — 90 percent of them fail — it’s a very difficult business to be in, most people use five or 10 apps,” said Warren Zenna, executive vp and managing director at Mobext, the mobile ad buying arm of Havas Media Group. “But there is a jackpot at the end of the app download tunnel, so they play.”

Facebook, Google and Twitter don’t typically disclose what portion of their revenue is from app-installs or other app-focused marketing. However, mobile ad spend is rising fast, and there is no doubt that the apps are fueling the growth.

Ad spend by mobile developers is skyrocketing, according to social technology platform Kenshoo. “The combination of new entrants to the space, and increasing budgets have driven overall spending up nearly four times what it was one year ago,” Kenshoo said in a recent report that looked at June of this year compared to last.

A look at the top spenders on Facebook shows that most of them are developers backed by venture capital, according to a new data firm called Sensor Tower.

Four of the top five advertisers in October were Supercell and ContextLogic, just two of the examples of apps funneling big investor money into app-install advertising.

“As long as the general market stays where it’s at, Facebook advertising will be fine,” said Dmitry Filimonov, chief engineer at Sensor Tower. “A lot of the top advertisers have received substantial VC funding that quickly becomes their advertising budget.”

The spending will continue so long as it keeps working, which it seems to be doing for the biggest players, Filimonov said.

“For others like ‘Game of War’ and ‘Clash of Clans,’ they are monetizing so well, making upward of $100 million in revenue a month on Google Play and the Apple App Store combined,” he said. “They can afford to pay.”

All this activity is certainly affecting the broader mobile ad market, and forcing brands to compete for valuable ad placement on mobile devices and within apps like Facebook.

The competition will increase in the fourth quarter, according to de Silva of Opera Mediaworks. Over the holidays, brands and mobile game companies will be looking to get in front of people with iTunes gift cards sitting in their pockets.

“More brands are spending more of their budget in the fourth quarter, so that drives up the price of inventory, and we know app-install customers have new titles coming into market,” de Silva said. “The apps are willing to pay more for an impression than the brand guys will.”

Yet there are always risks that the app-install ad market could dry up. Facebook knows it must diversify its ad base, and it is developing tools to get more big brands on board to lower its dependence on app marketers.

“A significant amount of Facebook advertiser budgets are spent on app installs,” said Zenna of Mobext. “They’re moving away from it because I think they know they don’t want to have all their eggs in one basket.”

The key thing is this

This what you have to fight against...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
t

The key thing is this

This what you have to fight against...

Man that's something we never ever discussed, actually since you highlighted it this the most attention I've gave to the idea.

I'll say this I do understand the percentages and the risk involved but that's not our concerns.
Focus is putting out this app first because the big dawgs are coming. Them being highly focus on other things, gave us this opportunity. We don't know if they slight overlooking this or they just don't see it like we see it.
Pokemon & Snapchat(just to give a few) numbers are ridiculous to say they're juvenile apps.

Right now people don't know they need this app, but once we launch it they gonna feel like it's wow, this so convenient, why I didn't think of this.

Same thing Steve jobs said about the smartphone, people don't know they need this but look at us now.

* big dawgs - google, Amazon, Apple, uber, Lyft, Fedx, ups, etc