Black Spades mobile game on iPhone and Android

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
Man that's something we never ever discussed, actually since you highlighted it this the most attention I've gave to the idea.

I'll say this I do understand the percentages and the risk involved but that's not our concerns.
Focus is putting out this app first because the big dawgs are coming. Them being highly focus on other things, gave us this opportunity. We don't know if they slight overlooking this or they just don't see it like we see it.
Pokemon & Snapchat(just to give a few) numbers are ridiculous to say they're juvenile apps.

Right now people don't know they need this app, but once we launch it they gonna feel like it's wow, this so convenient, why I didn't think of this.

Same thing Steve jobs said about the smartphone, people don't know they need this but look at us now.

* big dawgs - google, Amazon, Apple, uber, Lyft, Fedx, ups, etc

Overall I agree with you, but there are some key things that are not to be over looked about the companies you mentioned. Like me, I think my game can do well. Now I have to prove it. I saw a void like you see for yours. While it can blow up. I will not compare it to the path these other apps have taken because on the outside it looks like it came out of nowhere, but it's not the case for most of them.

Especially Pokemon. People use this as the most bad example of an app blowing up, in my opinion. When you have a company that has made money since 1998 on the most sought after app platform with a good game. That is what suppose to happen! But if you just looking at surface level you not seeing the years of brand loyalty they have for an early adopter base.

Snapchat was made by "kids" that were afforded enough opportunity to have the freedom to build something at the right time. Once they got their target demo buzz (which is all you need in most cases) it expanded.

I was simply highlighting that to say that have stuff planned out with various paths, so no matter what issue comes up you still have a path to success. Cause once you build your app, I guarantee you that your base is going to say or ask for something you didn't put in. And you need be ready to respond when it's time. And if you know this great. But it's someone reading this that needs to know this.

I can't wait to see what you put out!

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Thanks for the explanation. I will look into the ad freezing thing. so it just freezes everytime you hit Yes. if you hit No what happens?
never hit no...:lol:

let me see...
That's the rule most places, you have to bid minimum board. (4)
yall aint hearin me.

i have no issue with 4 books being board.

i have an issue with getting ONE FUCKING SPADE while bleeding in the 10 carat lounge.

where i play you get only one spade and you can throw that shit in at lease ONCE per game.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
never hit no...:lol:

let me see...

yall aint hearin me.

i have no issue with 4 books being board.

i have an issue with getting ONE FUCKING SPADE while bleeding in the 10 carat lounge.

where i play you get only one spade and you can throw that shit in at lease ONCE per game.

Oh ok. I understand...y'all just play wrong...lol j/k :)

It's been a while since I've played. When we used to do it we wouldn't throw in a hand unless we didn't have any spades AND didn't have any face cards.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Overall I agree with you, but there are some key things that are not to be over looked about the companies you mentioned. Like me, I think my game can do well. Now I have to prove it. I saw a void like you see for yours. While it can blow up. I will not compare it to the path these other apps have taken because on the outside it looks like it came out of nowhere, but it's not the case for most of them.

Especially Pokemon. People use this as the most bad example of an app blowing up, in my opinion. When you have a company that has made money since 1998 on the most sought after app platform with a good game. That is what suppose to happen! But if you just looking at surface level you not seeing the years of brand loyalty they have for an early adopter base.

Snapchat was made by "kids" that were afforded enough opportunity to have the freedom to build something at the right time. Once they got their target demo buzz (which is all you need in most cases) it expanded.

I was simply highlighting that to say that have stuff planned out with various paths, so no matter what issue comes up you still have a path to success. Cause once you build your app, I guarantee you that your base is going to say or ask for something you didn't put in. And you need be ready to respond when it's time. And if you know this great. But it's someone reading this that needs to know this.

I can't wait to see what you put out!

Yea bro I appreciate this, there's nothing wrong with dialog of this magnitude. You're in a place where I'm headed, so it would be foolish of me to disrespectful to this conversation.
The target bases are different(gamers vs everybody who buys or ship items) but the beginning stages are the same.

Man look at these numbers!!!

http://www.mintel.com/press-centre/...close-to-50-taking-advantage-of-free-shipping

As Americans increasingly rely on the internet for everything from reading the news to paying bills, new research indicates they are more willing to trade brick-and-mortar retailers for e-tailers. Mintel’s Online Shopping US 2015 report reveals that overtwo thirds (69 percent) of US online adults shop online at least monthly, with 33 percent shopping online every week in 2015, up from 24 percent in 2014. What is more, 48 percent of online shoppers admit to occasionally increasing the size of their orders to hit the free shipping minimum. Consumers are using the growing online marketplace to their advantage, searching for the best deals on products and services and online spending is on the rise.

Despite 28 percent of online shoppers agreeing that they always choose the online retailer with the lowest price, consumers are averaging $114 per online order, driving online retail sales from $264.2 billion in 2013 to $304.9 billion in 2014. Contributing to online shopping cart order size is the motivation for consumers to meet or exceed minimums for free shipping. Mintel research shows that free shipping is central to many online shoppers’ experience, so much so that nearly half (48 percent) of online shoppers admit to occasionally increasing the size of their orders to hit the free shipping threshold.

“I want” trumps “I need” for online purchases
Mintel’s research shows that the selection of products consumers buy online depends on whether they have an immediate need to use them. The most frequently purchased products by online shoppers in the past year were books/eBooks (29 percent) and women’s apparel, which increased from 25 percent in 2013 to 27 percent in 2014. Online shoppers also ordered footwear (16 percent) more frequently in 2014, up from 12 percent in 2013.

The common feature behind the top three categories consumers report purchasing online, including clothing/accessories (62 percent), electronics (54 percent) and games, toys and school supplies (37 percent), is that they contain items purchased occasionally, rather than items to be consumed in the immediate or near future. Research indicates that the more in-demand items are less popular among online shoppers, including personal care items (31 percent) and furniture/home decor (30 percent).

“Retailers who specialize in occasional purchase categories, like clothing and electronics, were some of the most successful in converting their sales mix to include higher levels of online orders in 2014. For retailers that rely on consumables as a staple, integrating online sales proved less successful despite the availability of same-day delivery and in-store pickup,” said Billy Hulkower, Senior Technology Analyst at Mintel. “The dominance of apparel, accessories and electronics among the products most commonly purchased online helps to delineate sweet spots for online retailing. All of these products are prime candidates for impulse buying, but at the same time, do not generally fulfill immediate needs. Additionally, online women’s apparel and footwear purchases increased in 2015, suggesting that shoppers, particularly women, are warming to the idea that they can try clothes on at home and simply return products they don’t want.”

Only 23% of online shoppers without children at home make weekly online purchases, compared to 40% with one child

Online shopping increases with kids in the household
Among demographic differences, the most notable is the frequency of purchases and purchase size related to the number of children under age 18 in the household. Only23 percent of online shoppers without children at home make weekly online purchases, compared to 40 percent with one child, 56 percent with two children, and 66 percent with three or more children. According to Mintel research, the average online order is larger based on the number of children in the household; the average order for households with one child ($123) is significantly higher than that of households with no children ($78). This increases to $177 per order for households with at least three children.

Furthermore, households with more children are more likely to be enrolled in an automatic online reordering service. Among online shoppers in households with three or more children, 22 percent reported using an online reordering service, as opposed to 6 percent of those with no children in the household.

“Parents with children at home are more likely to be weekly online shoppers, driven by the combination of a greater need for supplies for their larger households and limited time for shopping in their busy schedules. In addition to the convenience of online reordering and potential cost savings on items, online shopping can free parents from challenging trips to the store with children who are likely to lobby for unnecessary purchases,” concluded Hulkower.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Oh ok. I understand...y'all just play wrong...lol j/k :)

It's been a while since I've played. When we used to do it we wouldn't throw in a hand unless we didn't have any spades AND didn't have any face cards.
thats what im saying...just bleeding (hearts) in the 10 (numbers) carat (diamonds) lounge (clubs).

i take it you never learned to cheat.

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
Yea bro I appreciate this, there's nothing wrong with dialog of this magnitude. You're in a place where I'm headed, so it would be foolish of me to disrespectful to this conversation.
The target bases are different(gamers vs everybody who buys or ship items) but the beginning stages are the same.

Man look at these numbers!!!

http://www.mintel.com/press-centre/...close-to-50-taking-advantage-of-free-shipping

As Americans increasingly rely on the internet for everything from reading the news to paying bills, new research indicates they are more willing to trade brick-and-mortar retailers for e-tailers. Mintel’s Online Shopping US 2015 report reveals that overtwo thirds (69 percent) of US online adults shop online at least monthly, with 33 percent shopping online every week in 2015, up from 24 percent in 2014. What is more, 48 percent of online shoppers admit to occasionally increasing the size of their orders to hit the free shipping minimum. Consumers are using the growing online marketplace to their advantage, searching for the best deals on products and services and online spending is on the rise.

Despite 28 percent of online shoppers agreeing that they always choose the online retailer with the lowest price, consumers are averaging $114 per online order, driving online retail sales from $264.2 billion in 2013 to $304.9 billion in 2014. Contributing to online shopping cart order size is the motivation for consumers to meet or exceed minimums for free shipping. Mintel research shows that free shipping is central to many online shoppers’ experience, so much so that nearly half (48 percent) of online shoppers admit to occasionally increasing the size of their orders to hit the free shipping threshold.

“I want” trumps “I need” for online purchases
Mintel’s research shows that the selection of products consumers buy online depends on whether they have an immediate need to use them. The most frequently purchased products by online shoppers in the past year were books/eBooks (29 percent) and women’s apparel, which increased from 25 percent in 2013 to 27 percent in 2014. Online shoppers also ordered footwear (16 percent) more frequently in 2014, up from 12 percent in 2013.

The common feature behind the top three categories consumers report purchasing online, including clothing/accessories (62 percent), electronics (54 percent) and games, toys and school supplies (37 percent), is that they contain items purchased occasionally, rather than items to be consumed in the immediate or near future. Research indicates that the more in-demand items are less popular among online shoppers, including personal care items (31 percent) and furniture/home decor (30 percent).

“Retailers who specialize in occasional purchase categories, like clothing and electronics, were some of the most successful in converting their sales mix to include higher levels of online orders in 2014. For retailers that rely on consumables as a staple, integrating online sales proved less successful despite the availability of same-day delivery and in-store pickup,” said Billy Hulkower, Senior Technology Analyst at Mintel. “The dominance of apparel, accessories and electronics among the products most commonly purchased online helps to delineate sweet spots for online retailing. All of these products are prime candidates for impulse buying, but at the same time, do not generally fulfill immediate needs. Additionally, online women’s apparel and footwear purchases increased in 2015, suggesting that shoppers, particularly women, are warming to the idea that they can try clothes on at home and simply return products they don’t want.”

Only 23% of online shoppers without children at home make weekly online purchases, compared to 40% with one child

Online shopping increases with kids in the household
Among demographic differences, the most notable is the frequency of purchases and purchase size related to the number of children under age 18 in the household. Only23 percent of online shoppers without children at home make weekly online purchases, compared to 40 percent with one child, 56 percent with two children, and 66 percent with three or more children. According to Mintel research, the average online order is larger based on the number of children in the household; the average order for households with one child ($123) is significantly higher than that of households with no children ($78). This increases to $177 per order for households with at least three children.

Furthermore, households with more children are more likely to be enrolled in an automatic online reordering service. Among online shoppers in households with three or more children, 22 percent reported using an online reordering service, as opposed to 6 percent of those with no children in the household.

“Parents with children at home are more likely to be weekly online shoppers, driven by the combination of a greater need for supplies for their larger households and limited time for shopping in their busy schedules. In addition to the convenience of online reordering and potential cost savings on items, online shopping can free parents from challenging trips to the store with children who are likely to lobby for unnecessary purchases,” concluded Hulkower.

The numbers are motivational!

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
man there is an app in the google play store called spades plus

we want the black version of that

look into it bro

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
man there is an app in the google play store called spades plus

we want the black version of that

look into it bro
Of course I know what is. I don't have to look into it. Black Spades is working its way to multiplayer, so it is coming. Sit tight.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Other than having multiplayer, that game sucks
That's why I clearly said black version of that

But how you pick cards is better
Being able to play in landscape is better
And the multi-player makes for a much better game

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
I'd like to see an option to show the last hand played. There have been times I could have sworn an opponent reneged but there is no option to review the hands.
i been waiting on this request. lol.

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
That's why I clearly said black version of that

But how you pick cards is better
Being able to play in landscape is better
And the multi-player makes for a much better game

I only like landscape for games that put you in a world or environment. other than that I don't see a need for a game to be played with two hands. But I was born on the blackberry so we are one handed phone users. And I respect spades+ multiplayer but i can't stand the hand holding on the cards. But i'm going to get multiplayer and my game, sit tight with me.

Kang

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't the think the AI is iggestive enough. There have been times were my partner let a book slide for no apparent reason and we've got set. The rule is always player to win!!!

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
I don't the think the AI is iggestive enough. There have been times were my partner let a book slide for no apparent reason and we've got set. The rule is always player to win!!!

Working on that next!

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Agreed.. the AI seems to have gotten less sophisticated in recent updates.

They play low cards at the beginning of the hand when they have the Ace of that suit.

CPU could've set me on one hand but he chose to play his Little Joker behind my High. His final 2 cards were the 7 and deuce of spades

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
Agreed.. the AI seems to have gotten less sophisticated in recent updates.

They play low cards at the beginning of the hand when they have the Ace of that suit.

CPU could've set me on one hand but he chose to play his Little Joker behind my High. His final 2 cards were the 7 and deuce of spades

Working on this update as well...

Thanks for that feedback.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea I play religiously before I sleep, and agreed with something a brother said the AI seemed to regress or maybe Ive gotten used to it lol.

Too much letting it slide lol

Yea had a Boston and just knew a titty was gonna pop up or something lol.

Good work proud of you man good to see brothers making it happen,

KoGz

Join the UKNO beta!
BGOL Investor
Yea I play religiously before I sleep, and agreed with something a brother said the AI seemed to regress or maybe Ive gotten used to it lol.

Too much letting it slide lol

Yea had a Boston and just knew a titty was gonna pop up or something lol.

Good work proud of you man good to see brothers making it happen,

Yeah, when you play alot you gonna see it. I'm working on that. Thanks man!