BMF on Starz (tv discussion)premieres 9/26 on STARZ.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
They cut the bitch lips off.
I wasn't sure, was that the supplier chick or the one feeding him the food. I'd assume the supplier? That's the same that used to only want to deal with Terry?

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Which is what I don't get. She's dead. Meech want to now kill Canaan, then where he gonna get his supply.
(as the story turns)
Terry out the game right now and L wouldn't fuck with Meech anyway she was and is dead weight. Meech gon keep a plug.

Last edited:

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@Mixd Remember? he killed her for Meech as gift when he gave Meech the 20 Keys. Meech realized Canaan got a Colombian plug. Meech shooting for the top. He wanna be King not a Boss.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not that last season was the greatest, but the writing seems to be falling off. So far, it isn't as entertaining as the 1st season either.

It feels like they are rushing through the story. You would think It'd be a little more detailed or add more fiction to the story to make it better/longer.

Last season they introduced Big L as if she was untouchable only to remove her this year with no effort. I could have missed it but the reason Big L is killed doesn't make sense. Initially, the guy makes it seem like if Big L didn't respect/fuck with Meech why should he. Only for him to kill her because I guess she didn't fuck with Meech.

So far, they ran through the plugs after giving the impression they may have a bigger role to play.

No one questions why B Mickie randomly gets out of the car and the detectives were right there. Is him working with the detectives even going to be a thing if they moved to ATL?

Lamar comes out of a coma and is back in top form seemingly within days. In real life, they said Lamar gets hit, has a shit bag and he's brother was killed similar to Kato. Not saying getting shot isn't enough motivation but there is no reason to care about him this season. They seem to only bring him back as a reason for Meech to leave town.

I get working with the cousin was supposed to show their first venture of sitting up out of state but the cousin is accused of stealing and it's treated like it's not a big deal. Even the way Meech setup shop seemed way to easy and could have been expanded on.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

giphyv.gif

This terry girl ( La La ) she wasn't even bmf. she tried to do a bmf wives show and meech got that shit shut down cause she always attention whoring.

Last edited:

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Not that last season was the greatest, but the writing seems to be falling off. So far, it isn't as entertaining as the 1st season either.

It feels like they are rushing through the story. You would think It'd be a little more detailed or add more fiction to the story to make it better/longer.

Last season they introduced Big L as if she was untouchable only to remove her this year with no effort. I could have missed it but the reason Big L is killed doesn't make sense. Initially, the guy makes it seem like if Big L didn't respect/fuck with Meech why should he. Only for him to kill her because I guess she didn't fuck with Meech.

So far, they ran through the plugs after giving the impression they may have a bigger role to play.

No one questions why B Mickie randomly gets out of the car and the detectives were right there. Is him working with the detectives even going to be a thing if they moved to ATL?

Lamar comes out of a coma and is back in top form seemingly within days. In real life, they said Lamar gets hit, has a shit bag and he's brother was killed similar to Kato. Not saying getting shot isn't enough motivation but there is no reason to care about him this season. They seem to only bring him back as a reason for Meech to leave town.

I get working with the cousin was supposed to show their first venture of sitting up out of state but the cousin is accused of stealing and it's treated like it's not a big deal. Even the way Meech setup shop seemed way to easy and could have been expanded on.

I cant lie i expected it to be a lil like godfather of harlem and how they take their time and show us about these events that took place! I definitely wish it was more like gangs of london in story telling.. but n e way i said to myself meech gona trip on dude getting out trying to make a phone call.. nope never came up..not once! Some of this just seems like somewhat sloppy lazy writing again like the original power...

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Yeah what happened with the Cleveland shit and his cousin? Weren’t they supposed to ride on them niggas that stole from them and question the cousin?

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I cant lie i expected it to be a lil like godfather of harlem and how they take their time and show us about these events that took place! I definitely wish it was more like gangs of london in story telling.. but n e way i said to myself meech gona trip on dude getting out trying to make a phone call.. nope never came up..not once! Some of this just seems like somewhat sloppy lazy writing again like the original power...
I mean what do you expect when 50 cent is behind this shit.

Thats why most folks didn't want him doing that BMF series but big meech gave him the green light to do it.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member

To me, the show may have been done too early. Even in the documentary, some of the people being interviewed didn't want to talk about certain events for obvious reasons. Whether it's not wanting to dry snitch, incriminate or open up old wounds that the current streets pick back up. Everyone isn't even home and some of those who are have issues with the show even if it's just compensation. Meech and others likely attempt to influence the shows direction as well.

I've never watched, but im guessing Snowfall is successful because it is losely based on Freeway Rick Ross and he isn't involved. This gives them the freedom to do whatever they want story wise. BMF is hurting writing wise because it's trying to be a lose reenactment/doc of T and Meech's life. Trying to be authentic by having BMF members involved hurts the show. Having them bless/cosign the show helped with its popularity but they maybe restricting the show by trying to protect those involved in the real life events.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
To me, the show may have been done too early. Even in the documentary, some of the people being interviewed didn't want to talk about certain events for obvious reasons. Whether it's not wanting to dry snitch, incriminate or open up old wounds that the current streets pick back up. Everyone isn't even home and some of those who are have issues with the show even if it's just compensation. Meech and others likely attempt to influence the shows direction as well.

I've never watched, but im guessing Snowfall is successful because it is losely based on Freeway Rick Ross and he isn't involved. This gives them the freedom to do whatever they want story wise. BMF is hurting writing wise because it's trying to be a lose reenactment/doc of T and Meech's life. Trying to be authentic by having BMF members involved hurts the show. Having them bless/cosign the show helped with its popularity but they maybe restricting the show by trying to protect those involved in the real life events.
I mean if people really want to know they should buy the book and read about it.

Them tv shows was never meant to be real which is why they put in the disclaimer that there would be fiction in there.

Somebody said on twitter that it should be on tubi.

But that's all 50 cent knows is to make crime shows that aren't even that great.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

I can see that point, but even im a fan of wanting to see it on the screen myself. I never really heard of them dudes until i seen young jeezy when he first hit the street. But once i heard about them i wanted to know more... ole well seems like your right though with many not wanting to talk about it.. sometimes the real people can help the show and sometimes they can cripple the show...this one seems to be cripple...i may just wait until they finish this season out but continue to watch my mayor of kingstown..

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor

Why is the cop just showing up every where B is? He went to his crib, what if the homies were chilling in there? What if his boys was waiting outside the hospital for him where his mother was.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I mean if people really want to know they should buy the book and read about it.

Them tv shows was never meant to be real which is why they put in the disclaimer that there would be fiction in there.

Somebody said on twitter that it should be on tubi.

But that's all 50 cent knows is to make crime shows that aren't even that great.

I'm not saying majority of people expect the true history. I'm saying they are trying to walk the line of being authentic, fictional and be entertaining, but they are trapped in a box of not offending or endangering people. It's kind of like rap where you are expected to be real, but doing so brings unwanted attention and problems

Let's use D Meeks/B Mickies storyline so far. They basically portray him a shooter in season one, working with law enforcement this season and learning he killed his pregnant girlfriend. Does D Meeks like being portrayed this way? How is he being viewed in the city and are law enforcement watching for anything in the show that could relate to an unsolved murders. These are the types of concerns the writers need to consider because of the close affliction to the real BMF/50 Boys members. If they were not connected to the real life people, they could use any real know/unknown information to be more detailed or completely make up whatever where needed to make the story more interesting. Of course the writers could still do better even with the handicap.

Last edited:

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm only surface level familiar with BMF but I do know that at some point they leave Detroit

So does this mean they are done with Detroit at this point?