Breaking Bad *series finale 9/29/2013

Rick Spanish

Rising Star
Registered
Re: The Official " Breaking Bad Season 5 " thread

the end when he brought up Victor tryna cook on his own was that a warning on the low like you better not think of tryna cook on your own???

Jesse is acting like he doesn't want to cook, and he doesn't even care about the money it seems.. Doesn't look like he has any motivation to cook on his own.

I'm gonna watch it again myself and see if I can grasp where he was trying to go...

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

ok, that makes more sense. see, i'm thinking too much & i'm missing basic shit. :lol:

Yo that's just a guess I can't call it...this shit is wild but Jesse gonna kill Walt or vice versa...idk but Walt just emanating negative vibes @ everybody...after that $$$ got divided up w/ Jesse pile looking bigger than Walt I won't be surprised if Walt try to cut Jesse out the equation...and fuck Skylar...fuck her sister and fuck the two muthafuckas that laid birth to them bitches

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

Jesse is acting like he doesn't want to cook, and he doesn't even care about the money it seems.. Doesn't look like he has any motivation to cook on his own.

Ironically Jesse saved his $$$...it's Walt and Mike that's in a hole and need to come up...and on top of that he was the one that got 1st cut cuz they both had to pay him back...Walt look like he felt some kinda way about that shit

II Dxnum

Rising Star
Registered

Ironically Jesse saved his $$$...it's Walt and Mike that's in a hole and need to come up...and on top of that he was the one that got 1st cut cuz they both had to pay him back...Walt look like he felt some kinda way about that shit

:yes:

I could see jesse being the only one to survive, because he's the only one that STAYED IN HIS LANE. Everybody else tried to move up in rank. Walt and mike in some sort of power struggle. Former muscle and number one cook fight among themselves for top dog position, while seemingly incompetent jesse plays his part and watches as they plot against one another, one ultimately destroying the other, leaving jesse with only the survivor to deal with, who will surely be weakened by his previously ended struggle.

Ok... So I watched it again.. Taking into account the name of the episode "Hazard Pay", Mike visiting his old cohorts at the beginning of the episode, and Walt making a big stink about the "Legacy Fund", I think Walt's little soliloquy was about the money Mike is siphoning off to pay Gus' old employees.. What Walt meant is that Mike is talking "liberties" that aren't his to take by trying to pay off Gus' peeps, and he's going to figuratively get his throat cut because of it..

They usually try to bookend the episodes, so this would make sense IMO..

Mike is the only one who can tie walt back to 'mike's guys'. With mike gone, 'mike's guys' are of little threat to walt. I'm sure they have little knowledge that could be used against walt in a courtroom.

Last edited:

Rick Spanish

Rising Star
Registered

Ok... So I watched it again.. Taking into account the name of the episode "Hazard Pay", Mike visiting his old cohorts at the beginning of the episode, and Walt making a big stink about the "Legacy Fund", I think Walt's little soliloquy was about the money Mike is siphoning off to pay Gus' old employees.. What Walt meant is that Mike is talking "liberties" that aren't his to take by trying to pay off Gus' peeps, and he's going to figuratively get his throat cut because of it..

Vulcha

Potential Star
Registered

One thing that jumped out at me during this episode.... was the obvious musical talents of Skinny Pete and badger.
I mean damn. Pete was on some classical piano shit. Badger obviously knew his way around the guitar.
I think the producers of the show were definitely making a statement about wasted talent in this episode.

We've all known dudes just like them who squandered incredible musical gifts just like those two.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor

Heisenberg and Mike are definitely headed for a showdown
Which will force Jesse to make a choice.

Skylar is cracking up.....she's gonna blow soon

DJB10

Rising Star
Registered

he didn't really seem too concerned w/ the money but he did say he's gonna keep paying Lori's rent so he's not completely out. on the other hand, he did get extra loot w/ his back pay & he has been holding onto his end.
:yes:

I could see jesse being the only one to survive, because he's the only one that STAYED IN HIS LANE. Everybody else tried to move up in rank. Walt and mike in some sort of power struggle. Former muscle and number one cook fight among themselves for top dog position, while seemingly incompetent jesse plays his part and watches as they plot against one another, one ultimately destroying the other, leaving jesse with only the survivor to deal with, who will surely be weakened by his previously ended struggle.

don't forget Walt at the beginning of this season, he seems to survive....however, this show has always jumped around so who knows.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

Exactly what I came in to type. Walt, despite their agreement, doesn't see Mike as a partner, and see's himself as the boss. He didn't like those decisions being made without him, resents having to look out for Mike's (and therefore Gus's) guys who don't have anything to do with their current situation.

I put his telling Saul he could "control" Mike in the beginning of the episode, and then him seeing in that scene (through watching Mike give away his money without him having a say) that he has no control over Mike. Thats why he's talking about him taking liberties and flying to close to the sun, etc.

And don't think Walt has forgotten about that ass whooping Mike gave him last year either.

I don't think Skylar is just going to blow, I think she's going to start to consider ways to take Walt out since he is basically forcing himself on her now and she see's no escape.

Another thing that hit me tonight is there is no way Hank can legitimately take down Walt without taking him and his family with them. He is not only related to Walt through his wife but he accepted substantial money from Walt and Skylar for his rehabilitation after he got shot.

Considering their relationship that could easily be looked at as bribe money, money to turn your head, or even payoff for inside info from a DEA agent. They would never believe such a high ranking, decorated and good cop such as him had a brother in law who sold drugs and gave you such a large amount of money yet he had no idea.

No way he could explain how his drug czar brother in law gave him all that money and no way in hell the authorities will buy that gambling story that he and his wife went for.

Man_Of_STeeL

鋼鉄の人 - より似たチタン
Platinum Member

mike gonna get gus fring'd ..by walt...by the end of this season or the next....

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

"Just because you killed Jesse James... don't make you Jesse James" wooooooooo!!!!! That shit was hard body, this shit just turned into the Sopranos 2012

I love how Walt and Jesse were watching 3 Stooges which is a show AMC airs in the morning after Breaking Bad goes off in the AM. Geek shit.

sj808

Support BGOL
Registered

I didn't get Walt's little soliloquy about why he thinks Gus killed Victor.. It didn't have shit to do with him trying to cook a batch..

Gus killed Victor because he got his dumb ass seen at the scene of Gale's murder. Point. Blank. Period.

132576.gif

jt6tqu.png

Is it me or did Walt shoot mad subliminals @ Jesse...first when he was asking how much the Mexican bitch know and then Jesse started copping pleas and Walt was like na tell her (ya right) and then @ the end when he brought up Victor tryna cook on his own was that a warning on the low like you better not think of tryna cook on your own??? Walt getting paranoid...yo lock me in a room w/ Skylar and her sister and I swear it'd be a bloody massacre...most annoying ass ho's FUCKIN EVER!!! :pain:

The Victor speech I think was a message to jesse but at the sametime he was refering to Mike knowing to much. Mike is suppose to be just a clean up man, the muscle. This dude is straight running shit now and taking advantage of Walt. Walt wanted Mike as a partner, not the owner. Mike and Walt both have their arrogance and it will clash soon.

Last night episode showed all the things that will be Walt's downfall. One of them can just happen at a time or all of them at once. The whole Brock thing is very interesting to me.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

The Victor speech I think was a message to jesse but at the sametime he was refering to Mike knowing to much. Mike is suppose to be just a clean up man, the muscle. This dude is straight running shit now and taking advantage of Walt. Walt wanted Mike as a partner, not the owner. Mike and Walt both have their arrogance and it will clash soon.

Last night episode showed all the things that will be Walt's downfall. One of them can just happen at a time or all of them at once. The whole Brock thing is very interesting to me.

That makes more sense I can def see Walt feeling some kinda way about Mike...ya it seems like a clash between them is inevitable

Rick Spanish

Rising Star
Registered

You're getting there, but vaguely.. Context clues bruh, context clues..

Exactly what I came in to type. Walt, despite their agreement, doesn't see Mike as a partner, and see's himself as the boss. He didn't like those decisions being made without him, resents having to look out for Mike's (and therefore Gus's) guys who don't have anything to do with their current situation.

I put his telling Saul he could "control" Mike in the beginning of the episode, and then him seeing in that scene (through watching Mike give away his money without him having a say) that he has no control over Mike. Thats why he's talking about him taking liberties and flying to close to the sun, etc.

And don't think Walt has forgotten about that ass whooping Mike gave him last year either.

Basically.. It's going to come to a head soon and I CAN'T WAIT! /Bart Scott

Count23

International
International Member

I wonder which side jesse is gonna choose when walt and mike clash?:idea:

Deacs

Rising Star
Registered

Walt and his inexperience and greed is going to fuck everything up...
Don't even know why Jesse listens to Walt on his personal life, especially when he doesn't have his own under control.

DJB10

Rising Star
Registered

ok well his family is clearly gone at the beginning of this season & this explains the "bacon/ 52 thing".....check this out.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

ok well his family is clearly gone at the beginning of this season & this explains the "bacon/ 52 thing".....check this out.

The only thing that is clear is that he's not w/ them to celebrate his 52nd birthday...and we all wanna know why :dunno: is he on the run? Are they dead? Did they decide to leave him? Who knows @ this point

DJB10

Rising Star
Registered

The only thing that is clear is that he's not w/ them to celebrate his 52nd birthday...and we all wanna know why :dunno: is he on the run? Are they dead? Did they decide to leave him? Who knows @ this point

yo, this has got to be 1 of the best written shows in a very long time, if not EVER! :yes:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

yo, this has got to be 1 of the best written shows in a very long time, if not EVER! :yes:

It picked up a lot...once Jesse's character came out of rehab after losing his gf the show as a whole got way better

DJB10

Rising Star
Registered

It picked up a lot...once Jesse's character came out of rehab after losing his gf the show as a whole got way better

yeah & w/ him being up under Mike & Gus for a minute made him grow a lot more & see more than Walt has.....he's thinking a lot more now as well. the magnet idea & when he & Walt were talking last night about the equipment set-up you could see that Walt was impressed.

Count23

International
International Member

Walt and his inexperience and greed is going to fuck everything up...
Don't even know why Jesse listens to Walt on his personal life, especially when he doesn't have his own under control.

cuz he still looks up to him?:dunno:

Give Me 3ft.

The Supreme Being
Platinum Member

i wonder if walt was legitmately using reverse psychology to convince Jessie to dump his chick or if he really was looking for a way to salvage a relationship (since his is the shitter)

was thinking the same(trying to break up).

does anybody know the name of the song that was playing while they were cooking the meth?

on a clear day you can see forever, by the peddlers.

everyone hit all the angles to the episode.

shits about to reach critical mass in a minute.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Somebody bringing up the bacon thing at the beginning of the season reminded me that Marie was talking about his birthday was coming up and Skyler saying they aren't doing anything for it. Even though its dam near the 1 year anniversary of him getting diagnosed with then subsequently beating cancer. Seems he was celebrating his bday in a diner getting that same fucking gun he seen Tony with in Scarface. Mike is taking liberties on some real shit. Plus when he went to check on his guys in jail as a paralegal he looked DEAD INTO THE SECURITY CAMERA!!!! Wasn't he just detained by Hank and them?? Walt clips somebody next week, and it has to be someone close to Mike or associated. He still has that ricin and its not for nothing

Rick Spanish

Rising Star
Registered

And why is he gearing up for war with that M60..

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

It was an interesting episode overall. I liked what WALT said to Saul Goodman at his office there. Basically saying Mike thinks he's running the show, but I'll eventually run him. Definitely gonna be a showdown eventually with Walt and Mike ... considering Mike thinks he'll forever be the smarter, grittier seasoned criminal. He still harbors a major grudge for Walt killing off Mike and Tyrus, and all the bullshit now with Lydia coming into the picture and wanting the other 10 - 11 cats on Gus' payroll dealt with, including Mike. We all saw what happened though in ep' 2 with Mike killing the hitman, and then threatening to kill Lydia later on. I'm sure he regrets not just putting 1 to 2 between her eyes when he had the chance. Shit would be complicated either way ... the way it is now (with her ALIVE) ... or murdering her in her own home (with child in-house and nanny just having departed).

Thanks for the intel, Count.

I laughed as soon as I realized they were watching Scarface, and yelled out - "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND". Skylar trying to sleep in the background, Walt with the flick turned up having pizza and popcorn movie night-style with junior and the baby :lol:

Jesse's girlfriend and her son Brock have to factor back into the series at some point. We're all hoping for a major showdown again with Walt and Jesse ... with Jesse realizing that WALT was the one who poisoned the child, and not Gus and his people.

he's a detective on the team. i haven't watched it in a min, but it's a pretty decent show.

he was also in training day as one of those mexican gangsters.

Walt got the kids watching Scarface,got Skylar shook:lol::lol::lol:

Mike already getting more air time then gus did

One thing that jumped out at me during this episode.... was the obvious musical talents of Skinny Pete and badger.
I mean damn. Pete was on some classical piano shit. Badger obviously knew his way around the guitar.
I think the producers of the show were definitely making a statement about wasted talent in this episode.

We've all known dudes just like them who squandered incredible musical gifts just like those two.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Suncore put it really well in their response here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqpcCrgt5o

Awesome tribute to Walt and Jesse's relationship which is layered with complexities from love/hate to father/son. I have no doubt Season 5 will build up to a showdown between these two when the cards are on the table and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

suncore598 2 months ago 20 thumbs up

rebel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think the comment about Victor was more about self reflection (i.e. he bit more than he can chew) Just like how Victor had no business trying to do the cook, Walt had no business trying to run an operation.

Walt's biggest problem is his ego and he think he is smarter than everyone at their own speciality, he said in the last episode well if Gus can do it how hard is it for me? He is now finding out how intricate Gus's operation truly was.

Rick Spanish

Rising Star
Registered

I laughed as soon as I realized they were watching Scarface, and yelled out - "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND". Skylar trying to sleep in the background, Walt with the flick turned up having pizza and popcorn movie night-style with junior and the baby :lol:

Yea.. It seems like they were paying homage since two characters from this show were actually in Scarface..

MARGOLIS-anniv.jpg

tio-325.jpg

Hector Salamanca

l.jpg

scaled.php

Don Eladio

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Yea.. It seems like they were paying homage since two characters from this show were actually in Scarface..

Absolutely. The guys on the BREAKING GOOD podcast were noting some of the movie and tv references in the past year on their show, and were pointing out Hector, Don Eladio, and others. With one of the key things creator Vince Gilligan noted in recent years the show's story is showing how MR. CHIPS transforms into SCARFACE over time. He breaks bad, and it's up to the viewer to see IF they actually continue to care for him over time, or if they're like fuck him, and root for others on the show.