Breaking:Dave Chappelle tackled on stage at Hollywood Bowl

older version

A version older
Registered
Can somebody tell me, what is the point of having a knife that looks like a gun?

If somebody with a gun sees it, they can fire their real gun and hit you from a safe distance. "he had a gun"

I don't know but that sounds like the stupidest shit I ever heard of outside of rushing a stage.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So when Will Smith attacked Chris Rock is was ok.

But when this guy attacks Dave Chappelle is it not ok.

I am sure this guy didn't like a joke Dave said.

It was said that Rock had to suffer the consequences for his words.

Please BGOL explain this logic.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Grumpy smurfs were defending Will and fantasizing about running up on a comedian but the Oscars are not reality.

Wait...Is that a hand print on the side of his face?

:lol: :roflmao: :lol: :roflmao:

Man, 23, is charged with trying to attack Dave Chappelle: Attacker armed with knife and replica gun tackled comedian during Netflix gig during set about how the woke brigade tried to cancel him over trans jokes
  • The comedian, 48, was performing at the Netflix is a Joke festival at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles
  • The attacker has been named as Isaiah Lee, 23; he is now in LA County Sheriff's custody
  • Lee has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon - police say he was carrying a knife and replica gun
  • Chappelle was uninjured and continued with his set, joking the attacker was a 'trans man'
  • He had been joking about the woke brigade trying to cancel him over recent trans jokes when Lee stormed the stage
  • Chris Rock then performed and joked that the attacker was Will Smith following the Oscars 'slap gate' incident
By JACK NEWMAN and JENNIFER SMITH, CHIEF REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 03:09 EDT, 4 May 2022 | UPDATED: 12:27 EDT, 4 May 2022

A 23-year-old man has been charged with trying to attack Dave Chappelle last night after storming on stage armed with a knife and tackling the comedian at his Hollywood Bowl show.

Isaiah Lee is now being held in the LA County Sheriff's custody on a single felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon. His bail has been set at $30,000. Lee's motive for the attack remains unclear. Police have not yet established where he lives, and if he attended the show alone.

He stormed the stage while Chappelle joked that he'd had to increase his security in light of his trans jokes at the Netflix is a Joke festival. The attacker was armed with a gun that contained a hidden knife, according to the cops. It's unclear if he was searched on his way into the venue, or how he was able to gain access to the stage.

Chappelle was uninjured and carried on with the show.

Lee was then tackled by security guards who appeared to break his arm in the melee. He is described as weighing 140lbs and is 5ft 11.

It raises questions about security at the Netflix show, its first ever live comedy festival, which forced fans to put their phones away but failed to spot the weapon. Netflix has not yet addressed the incident.

The venue said on its website that the show, which last night was titled Dave Chappelle and Friends, would be a 'phone-free experience' and that the audience would have to secure their phones inside pouches.

After the attacker was detained, Chappelle thanked Foxx on stage during the curtain call. He said: 'Shout out to Jamie Foxx by the way. Whenever you're in trouble, Jamie Foxx will show up in a sheriff's hat.'

Foxx replied: 'I thought that was part of the show, I didn't know what the f***...'

Chappelle said: 'I grabbed the back of that n**** head. His hair was spongy. Absorbent.'

Foxx added: 'Listen, I just want to say, this man is an absolute genius. We've got to make sure we protect him at all times.

'For every comedian who comes out here, this means everything. You're a genius. You're a legend, I enjoyed myself thoroughly, and we're not going to let nothing happen to you.'
Chappelle said: 'I've been doing this for 35 years. I just stomped a n**** backstage. I've always wanted to do that.'

After the attack, Jimmy Carr shared a selfie taken with the fellow comedian and described his Los Angeles show as 'crazy'.

He tweeted: 'The Hollywood Bowl show with the legendary Dave Chappelle was crazy. Just happy everyone's ok.'

Chappelle came under fire last year over jokes about trans people in his Netflix comedy show The Closer.

Last edited:

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor

Chris Rock talked SPECIFICALLY about Will Smith's in front of him. This dude just ran on stage for no reason.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is a reason. No one doest anything for no reason. Come on now. Use your brain.
You know exactly why this man ran up on stage. He was upset with something Dave said.
Specifically about trans people.

The commonality is someone is upset with what a comedian said and attacked the comedian.

Why don't see see the same energy again Dave that was against Chris?

Truth is, no one should be attacked for the words they say.

This world is filled with bitch ass people. That is the truth of it.

Chris Rock talked SPECIFICALLY about Will Smith's in front of him. This dude just ran on stage for no reason.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

tom-cruise-what.gif

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Can somebody tell me, what is the point of having a knife that looks like a gun?

If somebody with a gun sees it, they can fire their real gun and hit you from a safe distance. "he had a gun"

I don't know but that sounds like the stupidest shit I ever heard of outside of rushing a stage.
Looks less effective than a regular knife too

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I just had some knives that I almost self stabbed my self taking it out of storage and bought some with a plastic guard. What a coincidence....

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
There is a reason. No one doest anything for no reason. Come on now. Use your brain.
You know exactly why this man ran up on stage. He was upset with something Dave said.
Specifically about trans people.

The commonality is someone is upset with what a comedian said and attacked the comedian.

Why don't see see the same energy again Dave that was against Chris?

Truth is, no one should be attacked for the words they say.

This world is filled with bitch ass people. That is the truth of it.

Looking like dude is just crazy....

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How did dude make it all the way to the stage before being taken down?
Sounds like security was lacking or it was some inside shit.
I've been to the Hollywood Bowl before and it takes a lot of effort to make it onto to the stage from the crowd.
I'm betting one of these alphabet groups put him up to it.