BREAKING: INVASION HAS BEGUN..... Putin's "3-day war"... NOW... 1 YEAR 338 DAYS ...WAGNER HEAD SAYS GROUP STANDING DOWN AFTER CLAIMS OF DEAL

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
You have to grow up. I'm not trying to convince you. I know you like to bathe in ignorance. I'm posting stuff for people who actually use their intelligence and or want to learn more about history and the world. That people that like my posts appreciate it. Also don't care about ya jokes I don't know you nor do I respect your intelligence.

Shhhhhhhh. Its ok. I'm sure it make you feel better posting for the other 3 fags in your klan on here but these jokes aren't for you little bitch boy. They're for my amusement at your expense. Anyway I'll let you continue to say how much you don't care while I laugh at all the times you've tagged me in your posts hoping I'll comment. Typical actions of someone that doesn't care.

I swear it's always the ones hugging my nuts the tightest swearing they're not.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Why is Ukraine not in NATO and is it too late to join?

Here’s what experts, NATO say BY CASSANDRE COYER FEBRUARY 25, 2022 12:01 PM Play VideoDuration 1:45 Watch plumes of smoke rise from explosions after Russia attacks Ukraine Russia began missile strikes and invasion by foot in Ukraine on Feb. 24, 2022, signaling war. A man recorded cell phone footage of the strikes and their aftermath. Photo by AP Photo/Evgeniy Maloletka. BY @IAMTASSIK VIA STORYFUL

The world watched as Russia launched an attack on Ukraine on Thursday, Feb. 24, bombing cities and bases as civilians flee the country, the Associated Press reported. The invasion sparked outrage from world leaders. “When bombs fall in Kyiv, this happens in Europe, not only in Ukraine. When missiles kill our people, it’s the death of all Europeans. Require more protection for Europe, more protection for Ukraine — as part of a democratic world,” Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said on the second day of attacks on Ukraine.

What the new IPCC report says about how climate change will affect the U.S. “Europe has sufficient force to stop this aggression. What to expect from European states further?” As McClatchy News previously reported, the United States and other European countries who are members of NATO will unlikely get involved unless Russia launches a direct attack on one of the NATO members.

Ukraine is not a NATO member. Here’s why, experts say.

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A NATO MEMBER?

NATO says it has an “open door policy” for members to join. “Any European country in a position to further the principles of the Washington Treaty and contribute to security in the Euro-Atlantic area can become a member of the Alliance at the invitation of the North Atlantic Council,” NATO says on their website. “NATO’s line has always been, the door to membership to NATO is open to any state that chooses that it wants to join NATO. If it makes that choice independently, then there is a process and criteria to follow,” Sean Monaghan, a visiting fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies who’s focused his career on international defense policy, including NATO, told McClatchy News. Countries who wish to join NATO need to meet “certain political, economic, and military goals.”

In 1995, the Alliance published requirements that countries seeking NATO membership should fulfill. “These include: a functioning democratic political system based on a market economy; the fair treatment of minority populations; a commitment to the peaceful resolution of conflicts; the ability and willingness to make a military contribution to NATO operations; and a commitment to democratic civil-military relations and institutional structures.” “So the basic point is that it is Ukraine’s choice. Now, in practical terms, absorbing a nation with a simmering conflict with unresolved territorial disputes would obviously be difficult for NATO because NATO then absorbs that conflict,” he added.

WHY ISN’T UKRAINE A NATO MEMBER ALREADY?

The feeling was, and probably still has been, that Ukraine hadn’t completely taken care of political corruption, that it was still developing its democracy,” Stanley Sloan, an expert in transatlantic relations at Middlebury College and a former international security officer, told McClatchy. “So there were some formal reasons why the Alliance could say that Ukraine was not ready yet to join the Alliance.” At the Bucharest Summit in 2008, NATO welcomed Ukraine’s bid for membership and agreed that it could eventually become a member of NATO if it met some requirements, according to NATO’s website.

“There’s a lot of criteria for NATO membership. Ukraine didn’t really meet any of those, although it was on a path to meeting those,” Monaghan said. “And NATO was helping them meet those targets. There was a path then, but now that seems much, much less likely.” But Sloan explained that an unwritten reason why Ukraine was not allowed to join NATO was because of concerns from European leaders about how that would affect their relationship with Russia.

“There are a lot of European Allies who were dead set against inviting Ukraine because they had hopes that they could develop a closer relationship with Moscow,” Sloan said. “So there was both the formal and technically accurate reason, but also an unspoken, for the most part, political reason as well,” he added. Monaghan explained that Russia’s strategy has been to foment conflicts in countries that might join NATO to make that process more difficult, like what is happening in Ukraine right now.

IS THERE STILL A CHANCE FOR UKRAINE TO JOIN NATO NOW? “Unlikely, unlikely to happen. Just too fraught with too many difficulties at this point,” Sloan said when asked if Ukraine could join NATO now. Sloan did emphasize that sympathy for Ukraine is huge right now and that, depending on how this conflict turns out, “it could result in a change in attitude inside NATO about membership for Ukraine. But we’ve got a lot to go through.”

“I think it’s an interesting question as to if the Alliance had overcome those areas of resistance earlier, whether we could have saved a lot of Ukrainian lives and Russian lives for that matter,” Sloan said. “But that’s all water over the dam.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article258774458.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shhhhhhhh. Its ok. I'm sure it make you feel better posting for the other 3 fags in your klan on here but these jokes aren't for you little bitch boy. They're for my amusement at your expense. Anyway I'll let you continue to say how much you don't care while I laugh at all the times you've tagged me in your posts hoping I'll comment. Typical actions of someone that doesn't care.

I swear it's always the ones hugging my nuts the tightest swearing they're not.
You're a grown man typing like a child. Lol at clans. This ain't real life u idiot. We aren't on teams. You can't be childish and ignorant of what's going on. Read more

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
How to verify information involving the conflict in Ukraine, according to fact-checkers and experts
During major breaking news events like the current conflict in Ukraine, social media users are bombarded with large amounts of mis- and disinformation, fact-checkers report. Here are some tips on how to prevent the spread of misinformation during breaking news events, according to experts.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Active Duty, Reserves and Vets…question for you all.

What will the ramifications of Putin’s actions be on the soldiers mental and emotional health? I understand they are operating within their chain of command conditioning but on some level, there has to be a portion of them that are feeling “WTF are we doing.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Hollywood studios are pulling movie releases from Russia

Disney, Warner Bros., and Sony have paused the release of their films in Russia, including Turning Red, The Batman, and Morbius.

By Nick RomanoMarch 01, 2022 at 09:46 AM EST

Multiple Hollywood studios have taken a stance against Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Sony Pictures has joined Walt Disney Co. and Warner Bros. in stopping the releases of their upcoming films in the territory. Each one had tentpole debuts on the docket.
Disney was the first to make moves on Monday as Pixar's Turning Red, which is going straight to Disney+ in the U.S., was once scheduled for distribution in Russia on March 10.
"Given the unprovoked invasion of Ukraine and the tragic humanitarian crisis, we are pausing the release of theatrical films in Russia, including the upcoming Turning Red from Pixar," a Disney spokesperson said in a statement to EW. "We will make future business decisions based on the evolving situation. In the meantime, given the scale of the emerging refugee crisis, we are working with our NGO partners to provide urgent aid and other humanitarian assistance to refugees."

'Morbius,' 'The Batman,' and 'Turning Red' are some of the movies no longer premiering in Russia in light of the Ukraine invasion.

| CREDIT: SONY PICTURES; JONATHAN OLLEY/WARNER BROS.; DISNEY/PIXAR
Warner Bros. followed suit shortly after Disney. Days before the release of Robert Pattinson-led The Batman, which was scheduled to open in Russian theaters this Friday, the premiere plan has been paused.
"In light of the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, WarnerMedia is pausing the release of its feature film The Batman in Russia," a Warner Bros. spokesperson told the Associated Press. "We will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves. We hope for a swift and peaceful resolution to this tragedy."
Sony, which was planning to release Jared Leto-led Spider-Man spin-off Morbius in Russia this April, was the third major studio to join the movement.

"Given the ongoing military action in Ukraine and the resulting uncertainty and humanitarian crisis unfolding in that region, we will be pausing our planned theatrical releases in Russia, including the upcoming release of Morbius," a Sony representative told EW. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who have been impacted and hope this crisis will be resolved quickly."
Russia isn't a major market when it comes to international box office revenue, though the territory commonly ranks among the top 12.
Since Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered his forces to invade the sovereign nation of Ukraine, other global organizations have spoken out against Putin's actions.
The European Broadcasting Union banned Russia from competing in this year's Eurovision Song Contest, while the International Olympics committee's executive board urged all International Sports Federations to cancel any events planned in Russia and Belarus.