Breaking: Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died at 87

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They will vote for her replacement next weekend. It’s like you guys never learn. Let me guess you believe a Susan Collins will do the right thing? Let me guess you think Corey Gardner will do the right thing? Let me guess you believe in the polish sounding name woman from Alaska is going to the right thing? You guys can play that corny game if you want to.
dude....calm down.
im not thinkin shit. im just posting whats online.
i already know Trump and the GOPs agenda for SCOTUS.
as u were.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Both parties the same....voting doesn't matter....third party...... Face palm.

This is gonna motivate both sides though...just hope it motivates the liberal side more....cause with her replacement....if orangeman gets to nominate...even Roberts voting with the liberals once in a while won't help.

Imagine having orangeman, Barr and a lopsided court all at once from 2021 their Jan 2025.
They will try to re-introduce slavery

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Yes, and doing fairly well so far.
[/QUOTE
who's crying? We're discussing legitimate concerns about an incredibly consequential death and opening on the SCOTUS. This isn't a conservative voting justice dying and being replaced by a conservative president or a liberal being replaced by a liberal. This is a liberal voting justice being replaced by a conservative president (no matter how he acts...he's a conservative hero now) who is almost certainly going to nominate someone under the age of 55. This is close to what happened when Marshall died and got replaced with Clarence Thomas, except now it could really make the court tilt far to the conservative side.

It is fucking blowing my mind that Kats don’t automatically see this..

In fact it’s fucking scary... Kats on here have the mental capacity to use an electronic device to create a user name and type an opinion on An Internet forum.. yet we have to explain In plain English how hugely important this election has now become... it was already huge but now it is literally all hands on fucking deck..

This needs to spread to every fucking black forum..

Even the gawd damn Coli...

All hands on Deck!!!

Last edited:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I do think Mitt has had enough... I actually see him being the Maverick on this. Susan Collins flip flopping again has me worried.
You honestly should be at peace. You know where the political opposition stands and this is an opportunity to see what you are made of.

People should have spent the last 4 years organizing instead of getting emotional over tweets. Ladies are getting their ovaries ripped out. Save your energy for issues like that.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
It is fucking blowing my mind that Kats don’t automatically see this..

I’m fact it’s fucking scary... Kats on here have the mental capacity to use an electronic device to create a user name and type an opinion on An Internet forum.. yet we have to explain In plain English how hugely important this election has now become... it was already huge but now it is literally all hands on fucking deck..

This needs to spread to every fucking black forum..

Even the gawd damn Coli...

All hands on Deck!!!

You have to understand that acknowledging these things for these brothers ultimately means they would have to be accountable for either their actions or their inaction.

It's easier to stand on the sideline and not participate which allows them to be critical of others while also blaming everyone else for their predicament.

It's easier to preach the don't vote, reparations, give us something for our vote shit because they don't really have to do or accomplish anything since they can always blame their lack of progress or action on those who are doing and trying by calling them "coons", "brainwashed", "house niggas", "Obama stans", etc.

Sort of like the dudes in school that would get failing grades but always say they could get A's if they tried yet never actually tried.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
You honestly should be at peace. You know where the political opposition stands and this is an opportunity to see what you are made of.

People should have spent the last 4 years organizing instead of getting emotional over tweets. Ladies are getting their ovaries ripped out. Save your energy for issues like that.

As a lawyer... I can’t be at peace over this.

This is the thing that I’ve been warning the board about since 2015... this is my nightmare.... I’m doing all that I can over here but I’m just trying to get people to grasp that in the worst time for us.. Trump could end up with 4 judges on the Supreme Court .. maybe 5 if Clarence retires if Trump Wins..
Like I can’t remember a president this bad being able to fundamentally shift the legal landscape for decades.. Decades!!!

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
As a lawyer... I can’t be at peace over this.

This is the thing that I’ve been warning the board about since 2015... this is my nightmare.... I’m doing all that I can over here but I’m just trying to get people to grasp that in the worst time for us.. Trump could end up with 4 judges on the Supreme Court .. maybe 5 if Clarence retires if Trump Wins..
Like I can’t remember a president this bad being able to fundamentally shift the legal landscape for decades.. Decades!!!

Not just the legal landscape.

Most don't realize the ripple effect of the policies that will be formed by these individuals and how they'll impact our every day lives without us knowing.

For example most don't know that prior to Nixon (and later Reagan's) war on drugs and the resulting mass incarceration of poor, non-violent black offenders we had a higher percentage of married black couples raising a family than whites.

Fast forward to now and we're dealing with a false narrative of black men not taking care of their children, not being in the home, black men vs. black women, etc.

All of which came about as a result of the judges and policies enacted/enforced by them that ultimately destroyed our families and communities.

And we still haven't recovered from that.

Imagine how much worse it can be when they control the courts for the next 40 years at minimum.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We just can't trust none of the Republicans at their word now or through past statements. So, if they push through a new justice before 45 gets voted out, the Dems need to grow a pair to openly threaten to expand the SCOTUS justices #s and add term limits when they're in power. Til then, we are as fucked as we have been with the increasing likelihood to get worse as long as this administration is in charge. You don't win against these guys by reaching across he aisle. You win by doing whatever the fuck is necessary and boasting about kicking their ass again and again.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Not just the legal landscape.

Most don't realize the ripple effect of the policies that will be formed by these individuals and how they'll impact our every day lives without us knowing.

For example most don't know that prior to Nixon (and later Reagan's) war on drugs and the resulting mass incarceration of poor, non-violent black offenders we had a higher percentage of married black couples raising a family than whites.

Fast forward to now and we're dealing with a false narrative of black men not taking care of their children, not being in the home, black men vs. black women, etc.

All of which came about as a result of the judges and policies enacted/enforced by them that ultimately destroyed our families and communities.

And we still haven't recovered from that.

Imagine how much worse it can be when they control the courts for the next 40 years at minimum.

Exactly. This shit has real recuperations. If Trump manages to win... with Barr and a 6-3 Supreme Court, it would take 50 fucking years just to get back to where we are right now... nothing would be recognizable after 4 more years of Trump...

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
You have to understand that acknowledging these things for these brothers ultimately means they would have to be accountable for either their actions or their inaction.

It's easier to stand on the sideline and not participate which allows them to be critical of others while also blaming everyone else for their predicament.

It's easier to preach the don't vote, reparations, give us something for our vote shit because they don't really have to do or accomplish anything since they can always blame their lack of progress or action on those who are doing and trying by calling them "coons", "brainwashed", "house niggas", "Obama stans", etc.

Sort of like the dudes in school that would get failing grades but always say they could get A's if they tried yet never actually tried.

I cosign this post .

I call them the BBB's. The Broke Bums of BGOL.

pimp1101

Rising Star
Registered
Yes you fucking momo. If Trump and Mitch get their way, there will be a 6-3 Supreme Court with the most "moderate" conservative on the bench being Kavanaugh. Fuck outta here. Grown folks talking.

Chadwick's death isn't even on the same planet as this if the GOP pulls this shit off. You'd have to be an idiot to even compare the two. Decades of civil rights progress alone would get wiped out...much less all the other shit they'd destroy.

I'm going to be blunt here: both of them did alot for people where their names will live on forever.

Difference is, only ONE of those names will live on in BLACK society, the other will not

Which one DO you think I CARE ABOUT?

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
"Senate Democrats can block every motion, force every bill to be read in full, and use a wide range of parliamentary tactics to shut down the Senate between now and January, when new Senators and the president are inaugurated.
The Senate still has work ahead, including bills Trump and McConnell want to pass, including bills to fund the government. It's time to block all of it."

"The Senate runs on unanimous consent. If a single Senator objects to anything, even routine procedure, everything grinds to a halt. That is what Senate Democrats must do: block unanimous consent on every single thing for the rest of the year."

Demand progress. https://act.demandprogress.org/sign/rbg-scotus/?t=2&akid=27099.5918026.EJBkiB

We have to whatever the fuck needs to be done from here until...

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
"Senate Democrats can block every motion, force every bill to be read in full, and use a wide range of parliamentary tactics to shut down the Senate between now and January, when new Senators and the president are inaugurated.
The Senate still has work ahead, including bills Trump and McConnell want to pass, including bills to fund the government. It's time to block all of it."

"The Senate runs on unanimous consent. If a single Senator objects to anything, even routine procedure, everything grinds to a halt. That is what Senate Democrats must do: block unanimous consent on every single thing for the rest of the year."

Demand progress.

We have to whatever the fuck needs to be done from here until...

Yup. Until January 20th.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I'm going to be blunt here: both of them did alot for people where their names will live on forever.

Difference is, only ONE of those names will live on in BLACK society, the other will not

Which one DO you think I CARE ABOUT?

Two completely different arguments. I don't even understand how you can't get this. I'm not grieving for RBG as a person. Chadwick was inspirational... gave black people a "hero", etc. I can fully appreciate what he did for the culture. I felt bad for his family, etc... young brotha gone too soon. I'm not personally hurt over RBG as a person dying. I wish she had retired during Obama's first term and it wouldn't even be the type of issue it is now.

However, the possible impact isn't even comparable. He's not even comparable to John Lewis. Literally, your children's lives could be altered in
immeasurable ways if Mitch and Trump win on this. You'll have 40 year old kids still being fucked over by this. Replace her with Tom Cotton before the election and your got-damn vote might not even be counted depending on how you do it.

Two completely different issues...not even sure why you're conflating the two.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Two completely different arguments. I don't even understand how you can't get this. I'm not grieving for RBG as a person. Chadwick was inspirational... gave black people a "hero", etc. I can fully appreciate what he did for the culture. I felt bad for his family, etc... young brotha gone too soon. I'm not personally hurt over RBG as a person dying. I wish she had retired during Obama's first term and it wouldn't even be the type of issue it is now.

However, the possible impact isn't even comparable. He's not even comparable to John Lewis. Literally, your children's lives could be altered in
immeasurable ways if Mitch and Trump win on this. You'll have 40 year old kids still being fucked over by this. Replace her with Tom Cotton before the election and your got-damn vote might not even be counted depending on how you do it.

They should've never stopped teaching Civics in school :smh:

crazycac50

Rising Star
Registered
She should have retired the second Obama won reelection. There is no way a seat would have been held open for the entire term. If the court turns 6/3 it's almost entirely the fault of her hubris. She knew she was on borrowed time but she just couldn't step aside because of ego.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
She should have retired the second Obama won reelection. There is no way a seat would have been held open for the entire term. If the court turns 6/3 it's almost entirely the fault of her hubris. She knew she was on borrowed time but she just couldn't step aside because of ego.

Honestly. When Obama won the first time, she was already in her mid 70s. She should have retired during his first term. If you look at video of her and Obama together during his first term, she didn't look THAT much different than she's looked over the last couple of years. She's been fighting various types of cancers for a long ass time.

pimp1101

Rising Star
Registered

Ok then tell me this: Whith all of the laws in place to protect our civil rights, why are we still being killed by white supremacist and race soldiers?

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Both parties the same....voting doesn't matter....third party...... Face palm.

This is gonna motivate both sides though...just hope it motivates the liberal side more....cause with her replacement....if orangeman gets to nominate...even Roberts voting with the liberals once in a while won't help.

Imagine having orangeman, Barr and a lopsided court all at once from 2021 their Jan 2025.

If this happens, the world won't make it to 2025.

We will have ongoing civil unrest. Also, Trump could do something stupid to trigger a world war...

...and it will be the last world war, because nuclear weapons would come into play, with the very real possibility that no one will be here anymore.

The entire scenario as it is now dangerously close to Armageddon.