Caitlin Clark Is The Truth

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
Why would her playing time be limited though, if the team is stacked they should be blowing teams out so everybody gets a chance to play. Clark is the college basketball player of the year who just broke all kinds of records, she's the most popular women's player on the planet in a sport where they're trying to grow their popularity, there's no way they should have left her off the Olympic team. If any of the players feel she isn't good enough then tell them to stop playing her full court, doubling, blitzing and ball denial and see what happens
BINGO! Her limited playing time shouldn't be an issue. I honestly think they could've let Diana sit this one out. And maybe Griner too. Having Reese and CC on the team would be ideal. But it would be awkward, because of the history between the two. And Angel continuing to throw shots CC way.

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What people don't realize is that this is not about marketing; that's not USA Basketball's focus. The WNBA has a partnership with USA Basketball, but they are responsible for their own marketing. USA Basketball's responsibility is to direct the operation of national teams at all levels to give them the best chance to win.

Those who are talking about putting CC on the Olympic team are missing the point. USA Basketball is not as concerned about marketing as they are about winning, which is why they're concerned about the business of putting a winning team on the court. Popularity of a player is less important.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Taurasi is a wasted spot at this point. No way she needs to be on six teams.

Passing on Arike is absolute BULLSHIT based off talent.

Passing on Clarke is terribly ignorant from a marketing standpoint. Her defense sucks, but she can score, and white girls want to see her.

Griner needs to sit her ass down and heal. She is no longer a dominant player and the US does need her as a marketing tool on the Olympic platform.

What about the two players who would have been kicked out for these two who don't deserve it? I agree it's good for marketing but sucks for the other players.
I just did Google search for 41 year old Diana Tarausi, this will be her sixth time playing for the USA Olympics team and Britney Griners third, Britney Griner has only played one game this season, those two could have easily been left off for Arike and Clark

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
What people don't realize is that this is not about marketing; that's not USA Basketball's focus. The WNBA has a partnership with USA Basketball, but they are responsible for their own marketing. USA Basketball's responsibility is to direct the operation of national teams at all levels to give them the best chance to win.

Those who are talking about putting CC on the Olympic team are missing the point. USA Basketball is not as concerned about marketing as they are about winning, which is why they're concerned about the business of putting a winning team on the court. Popularity of a player is less important.

Has the womens team had any problems winning at the Olympics, I highly doubt adding Caitlin Clark would have hurt those chances

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just did Google search for 41 year old Diana Tarausi, this will be her sixth time playing for the USA Olympics team and Britney Griners third, Britney Griner has only played one game this season, those two could have easily been left off for Arike and Clark
And gray is hurt and hasn't played this year

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I believe that Arike should be on the women's Olympic team. I can see them leaving off Diana but they'll need her grit and experience.

Griner could've been left off too they also might need her size and experience. Both her and Diana could've been left off but their experience and intangibles has them on the team.

Edit: Arike definitely should've been in the team, she's a bucket getter.

Last edited:

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I believe that Arike should be on the women's Olympic team. I can see them leaving off Diana but they'll need her grit and experience.

Griner could've been left off too they also might need her size and experience. Both her and Diana could've been left off but their experience and intangibles has them on the team.

Edit: Arike definitely should've been in the team, she's a bucket getter.
Just checked and arike is shooting worse than clark who I heard was the worst shooter ever
:lol:

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
Angel Reese might win Rookie Of The Year, I didn't think she'd be playing this good against those bigger women in the WNBA but she out there like she's been playing for years. Angel Reese is going head to head with Tina Charles who has been in the league for years and is holding on her own, she has another double double and it's just in the third quarter

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Angel Reese might win Rookie Of The Year, I didn't think she'd be playing this good against those bigger women in the WNBA but she out there like she's been playing for years. Angel Reese is going head to head with Tina Charles who has been in the league for years and is holding on her own, she has another double double and it's just in the third quarter

You think they mad about the Olympic shit... Lol

I doubt she'll even win one rookie of the month...

I can't even watch the game locally because I don't have cable, NBA TV App blocked the game and the shitty Peachtree TV app doesn't stream the game...

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
You think they mad about the Olympic shit... Lol

I doubt she'll even win one rookie of the month...

I can't even watch the game locally because I don't have cable, NBA TV App blocked the game and the shitty Peachtree TV app doesn't stream the game...
I don't have cable either, I watch all my sporting games through the SportsFire app someone posted last year, it has a NBATV channel stream on there that I'm watching the game through right now

Lol...And yeah Caitlin Clark fans would have a fit if ANGEL REESE beat her out for ROY

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
So you want to take a superstar out and put a player who's not even top 20 in the league? Just because the superstar's been to the Olympics before? Just because Caitlin Clark fans are stupid? They have the All-Star game for that.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't have cable either, I watch all my sporting games through the SportsFire app someone posted last year, it has a NBATV channel stream on there that I'm watching the game through right now

Lol...And yeah Caitlin Clark fans would have a fit if ANGEL REESE beat her out for ROY

According to some on here Caitlin fans would be mad if Biden or trump was elected president instead of her. :rolleyes2:

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ok... Installed on Fire TV
It feels like I just discovered Caitlin Clark for the first time... lol

Last edited:

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
So you want to take a superstar out and put a player who's not even top 20 in the league? Just because the superstar's been to the Olympics before? Just because Caitlin Clark fans are stupid? They have the All-Star game for that.
Come on man Diana has been on 5 Olympic teams, Griner been on 2 and has only played one game, another player hasn't even played at all this year, y'all be going to hard with this Caitlin Clark hate

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
Reese has that dawg mentality. I've always liked her game. She showed me a lot playing hurt vs Iowa this year. Love that she has the ability to step on the court and mix up with the best of them and still be sexy off the court.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
Reese has that dawg mentality. I've always liked her game. She showed me a lot playing hurt vs Iowa this year. Love that she has the ability to step on the court and mix up with the best of them and still be sexy off the court.
She was going at it with somebody in the game today..lol